• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So im watching planet terror right now and............ omg....... i completely forgot how ******* sexy rose mcgowan is..........
Meh, don't like her face. :\

Also, gonna update the tourney thread after this weekend. Been way too busy playing Wakfu/Disgaea 4/learning how to troubleshoot radars to do much, besides look over posts and make sure nothing bad is going on.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Someone who never owned a Sony system and played some TGCs instead of video games.
Final Fantasy has been out on Nintendo systems for 20 years, and they've even found their way onto Xbox in recent years. XD

My favorite style of Final Fantasy gemes are the old 16-bit ones anyway. Without those, Final Fantasy wouldn't be the over-hyped mega franchise of the RPG world today.

(Which TGCs did you play)

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
My favorite style of Final Fantasy gemes are the old 16-bit ones anyway. Without those, Final Fantasy wouldn't be the over-hyped mega franchise of the RPG world today.
YES all of my yes. I like you. FF4-6 were frickn top-notch, along with similar games like Chrono Trigger and such. That level of quality is just impossible to come by these days.
(Although admittedly FF9 is my favorite one, due to story and gameplay mechanics. It's one of the VERY few exceptions.)

:phone:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Final Fantasy has been out on Nintendo systems for 20 years, and they've even found their way onto Xbox in recent years. XD

(Which TGCs did you play)
True but stuff like Final Fantasy 5/6 on SNES doesn't really appeal to 6 year olds. I know FF: Crystal Chronicles was out on GCN but that seems like a weird spin off so I wasn't too interested in those.

I played Pokemon, YGO and kinda got into Magic for a bit.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
YES all of my yes. I like you. FF4-6 were frickn top-notch, along with similar games like Chrono Trigger and such. That level of quality is just impossible to come by these days.
(Although admittedly FF9 is my favorite one, due to story and gameplay mechanics. It's one of the VERY few exceptions.)

Ohhh yep yep, although I have to say my brother and I really quite liked 10. But yes, 4-6 were truly amazing. ^_^

Also, Chrono Trigger is near the top of my favourite RPGs list, but I have to say, I know another that is equal to it in storyline and gameplay, if not better. Also on SNES, Terranigma really sets the bar for RPGs. Like Chrono trigger, it made me cry at the end. So sad...

But it's gameplay feels very smooth (like Chrono Trigger), and even it's stealth missions, while primitive, were very fun and well thought out. For instance, in castle Dragoon (I think that's it's name) you have to get through the castle without being seen by the guardsmen. They have flashlights, and so if you are caught in a beam of light you are 'seen' and thrown out the door to try again. It's actually quite hard to get through it, and you feel awesome when you do get through it.

But in general, Terranigma, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Evermore and the FF trio (4, 5 and 6)... Those six are my top SNES RPGs, followed by secret of mana, and LoZ:LttP (you know, how it's considered the greatest zelda game of all time and all of that stuff).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh? I heard LoZ:LttP was the best one, but I could be wrong. I know both of them are very highly praised and I think entertainment weekly voted LttP as the greatest game of all time, but I also know that OoT was a huge deal when it came out.

Hmm...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, I recall someone using OoT in an argument, saying it was the best, and then someone else came back saying that LoZ:LttP was the best according to polls. But now... I am unsure.

In any case, you should ry out Terranigma, it's a really awesome game ^_^

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
okay...... so i had 3 consecutive dreams(starting monday night) about my ex-co-workers from my last job............ what does this mean?? :o

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well i've seen NR a couple times but nothing recent, so I can't really give you much on any of them, except that if NR teams with Ness or Lucas in doubles, I imagine there will be some healing involved. :-)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I couldn't go because SaintKai, my ride, has work today. And Vinyl drives with his parents.

Another tourney I'm forced to miss. :(

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Hopefully I'll hear news near the end of July of Kewkky eating a tournament alive. >=)

Well I'll be on the boat in a couple of hours so it'll be a while before I'll be back online.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah I almost missed a tourny, by the skin on my teeth. Oh wait, that's this one. Okay guys, i'm off to the tourny now, see ya later, i'll let you know how I go :-D

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
And then it's the last tournament all over again.

Where I lose one round, a lose again at another.

:/
Who beat you? Maybe I can give you some tips. I haven't been reading the Kirby boards lately so I didn't see the post you made earlier. To be fair out of the people/characters you listed, I would go MK vs Peach, Ike or ZSS, but I'm somewhat knowledgable in Kirby vs Jiggs since my brother plays her.

I don't actually play my brother as much as I should (we need to practice together more), but I have a basic understanding of the spacing concept of Kirby vs Jiggs.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Phew! It was a pretty disappointing tournament in terms of results, but it was fun and that's what matters. My furthest was in one of the brawl singles brackets, it was a reasonably large bracket and I got pushed out of winners straight away. I progessed in losers for a little while before being knocked out just before the quarter-finals. :)

Doubles (surprisingly) went pretty horribly, my brother and I got knocked out of winners, then batted out again in losers, which is pretty sad considering we came 3rd last time, so we'll just have to practice more for next time.

I missed out on brawl low tier bracket, I suspect had I gone in there I would have progressed a tad further than I did, but in any case, the tournament was great and some of the matches were intense! I even got some matches recorded. I know you guys are mostly interested in kirby, but if you want to check them out at all i'll put up the links when I get them.

I guess the only downside to the tournament is that I fell back in to some old patterns that I shouldn't have, mainly rolling too much. I managed to shake the habit off after the last tournament for a while, but after that I didn't play brawl for ages and picked the darn habit back up just in time for the tournament. >.<

Anyway, that's my 2 cents, hehe. :D

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Who beat you? Maybe I can give you some tips. I haven't been reading the Kirby boards lately so I didn't see the post you made earlier. To be fair out of the people/characters you listed, I would go MK vs Peach, Ike or ZSS, but I'm somewhat knowledgable in Kirby vs Jiggs since my brother plays her.

I don't actually play my brother as much as I should (we need to practice together more), but I have a basic understanding of the spacing concept of Kirby vs Jiggs.
I played kirbydabess. I had advantage at first but I could barely get around the camping.
Then I played snake, I keep messing up with the nades, trying to throw it back.

You and me must play man, so I can critique you in person. :o
Will do.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Does Kirbydabess actually play Kirby and you Kirby ditto'd or is it just a name? I can't give advice for the Kirby ditto, I've literally lost every Kirby ditto I've done offline and on Wi-Fi since Apex. XD

As for Kirby vs Snake... I believe that MU's 55-45 Snake, Snake wins, but only slightly (I talked with Chu last tourney I saw him at and he said it might be Kirby's favor if he can get Snake's power, but I have no idea how to use the nades ^^; ). For how I play the MU, I like to zone Snake a lot out of his tilt range, but just barely. I like to scout and see what the Snake will do if I get close.

If the Snake drops their shield and tries to punish with tilts, I learn their timing so I can space a bair to hit them with and if the Snake shields a lot and tries to use grenades more, I learn their timing then grab them. It's kind of hard to explain how I learn timings, but I learn as I play my opponent. When you DO hit/grab a Snake though, do your best to make your hits count. Since Snake is limited in the air, if you can get him in the air, you can really get a lot of percent. Spacing is extremely crucial in this match-up, you don't wanna take 20% from mis-spacing and getting f-tilted. Speaking of f-tilt, if you powershield the first hit, grab it. If it's not a powershield, just hold your shield or roll back (if you think they're not gonna do the second hit and grab instead), it'll push you too far back to grab and you'll eat free percent from the second hit.

I'm not exactly the best at killing in the MU, but if Snake in f-smash kill percent and you've learned when they're most likely going to drop their shield, if you're behind them, you can f-smash them if you know when they're going to drop their shield. Snake doesn't have an invincible Up-B, so he's not like MK or Marth where he can just reverse Up-B you out of shield. Another way I like to kill is if I got Snake in the air and he tries to recover to the ledge, I f-tilt if they aren't in f-smash kill percent. The reason for this is because the knockback on f-tilt isn't too strong to the point where they can DI up and recover high again (I think... I might be wrong if they're at really high percents) meaning they have to recover in a predictable range.

Also, when you Gonzo combo a Snake (f-throw -> uair), if they know the MU, they'll probably pull a nade after the f-throw to stop the uair from further combo'ing as well as deal percent on you. If they do this once, then you know they're gonna do it again if you grab them at low percent on their next stock, so what you can do is hammer instead of uair to get more percent since you're not gonna be able to string anything after you get blown up anyway. IF you do choose to hammer though, this can actually be jumped out of, so if the Snake starts jumping out instead of pulling a nade when you do the Gonzo combo, go back to uairing, the guaranteed percent is worth it more than a few more percent (not sure how much more hammer does than uair ^^; ).

I may not have given the best/most detailed advice, but I just woke up and figured I'd give some basic info I know on the MU. XD

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey Luco, where do you live, and who did you lose to in singles and doubles?

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Don't always commit to throwing Snake's grenades back at him. At first, he might go, "Whoa! Liek he's throwing my grenades back!" But then he'll be all like, "Oh wait, I can cook/grenade drop them! :awesome: Point being, Snake has more control over his 'nades on the field. You can throw one or two back every once in a while on your approach just to mix things up or fluster his rhythm but don't over-centralize on throwing them back.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey Luco, where do you live, and who did you lose to in singles and doubles?
Ahh, i'm in Australia dude. In singles, I got knocked out of winners by invisi (A pit main who I always have really close battles with, we've been good mates from my first tournament onwards), and then I finally got pushed out of loser's by EA's Marth.

As for doubles, my brother and I got batted out of winner's by... Ahh man, I can't remember who we versed in doubles. We got a friendly match recorded though for doubles, against enemy and someone else. I'll see if I can get back to you on that one.

My brother also mains Lucas, so we tend to go ditto lucas against others. You'd be surprised how good a double lucas team is. We came 3rd (and almost 2nd) last tournament, which is a bit contradictory to this tournament where we went straight from winners to losers to out. I suspect not playing brawl in ages has something to do with it.

As I said, I got quite a few matches recorded, so i'll post them here for you to look at if you're interested. As I said, i fell back in to the pattern of rolling way too much, but aside from that i'm unsure of if there is anything else i'm doing wrong, or on the other hand things i'm doing well with and should continue with. Perhaps i'm a little predictable in some situations though, Dre caught me out on that a couple times with PSI magnet.

Anyway i'll get them to you asap. :-)

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Riveting tale for you guys (and Ladybug, if she's here) today.

So in the past week or two, a certain girl (same one from prom story, if it makes a difference) has been pestering me to remember that her birthday was today. She said I didn't have to get her a present or do anything special, simply that I had to "remember it". She left the creative decisions up to me. Mistake #1.

So the next day (today), while doing my usual stroll around the building before class, I saw that a number of her friends had gathered in her already overstuffed section of the locker bank. Not being one for crowds, I strolled on by, knowing I'd see her later. Just before homeroom, in a different part of the lockers, I saw her notice me out of the corner of my eye and she yelled for me to come, though I pretended not to hear.

A few periods later, at my own convenience, I *happened* to stop at her locker, where the conversation goes something like this:

" 'sup"

(ಠ_ಠ)

"..."

(ಠ_ಠ)

"..."

(ಠ_ಠ)

She then proceeds to open the locker door towards me, with the colorful "Happy Birthday Heather" poster her friends put up that morning.

(ಠ_ಠ)

I made no mention of seeing it, and began to start our cookie-cutter 3rd period chat when she abruptly interrupts me and spouts a burst of noise that, phonetically, looks something like,

"KYLEIFYOUDON'TREMEMBERMYBIRTHDAYRIGHTNOWI'MGOINGTOKILLYOU".

I, unfazed, turned my glazed look over to her and replied, "Oh really? How convenient, because I just so happened to have this with me", as I pulled out a small gift bag from my satchel of goodies. As her face lit up and she gasped in surprise, she took the bag and began to remove the tissue paper revealing a velvet-covered jewelry box (the kind a ring or necklace would be in) while I said "It's not much, but it's the thought that counts..."

Eyes wide with anticipation, she opened the box to reveal...

A piece of paper with a present drawn on it.

The inscription underneath it reads "You thought you were getting a present, and it's the thought that counts!"

Our mutual friend standing behind us was laughing audibly right now, along my a restrained "tee-hee" from me. Heather seemed to think that the "birthday note" was the actual present, and thought it was a big deal. Regardless, many lulz were had.

And that's it for this month's irrelevant story from yours truly. Good night, mentlegen.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
LOL

Btw guys! Apex 2013 is confirmed, which Kirby mains are going? :D

Hopefully by the time of Apex, I'll know every MU with Kirby where I only have to go MK vs ICs and Olimar.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Riveting tale for you guys (and Ladybug, if she's here) today.

So in the past week or two, a certain girl (same one from prom story, if it makes a difference) has been pestering me to remember that her birthday was today. She said I didn't have to get her a present or do anything special, simply that I had to "remember it". She left the creative decisions up to me. Mistake #1.

So the next day (today), while doing my usual stroll around the building before class, I saw that a number of her friends had gathered in her already overstuffed section of the locker bank. Not being one for crowds, I strolled on by, knowing I'd see her later. Just before homeroom, in a different part of the lockers, I saw her notice me out of the corner of my eye and she yelled for me to come, though I pretended not to hear.

A few periods later, at my own convenience, I *happened* to stop at her locker, where the conversation goes something like this:

" 'sup"

(ಠ_ಠ)

"..."

(ಠ_ಠ)

"..."

(ಠ_ಠ)

She then proceeds to open the locker door towards me, with the colorful "Happy Birthday Heather" poster her friends put up that morning.

(ಠ_ಠ)

I made no mention of seeing it, and began to start our cookie-cutter 3rd period chat when she abruptly interrupts me and spouts a burst of noise that, phonetically, looks something like,

"KYLEIFYOUDON'TREMEMBERMYBIRTHDAYRIGHTNOWI'MGOINGTOKILLYOU".

I, unfazed, turned my glazed look over to her and replied, "Oh really? How convenient, because I just so happened to have this with me", as I pulled out a small gift bag from my satchel of goodies. As her face lit up and she gasped in surprise, she took the bag and began to remove the tissue paper revealing a velvet-covered jewelry box (the kind a ring or necklace would be in) while I said "It's not much, but it's the thought that counts..."

Eyes wide with anticipation, she opened the box to reveal...

A piece of paper with a present drawn on it.

The inscription underneath it reads "You thought you were getting a present, and it's the thought that counts!"

Our mutual friend standing behind us was laughing audibly right now, along my a restrained "tee-hee" from me. Heather seemed to think that the "birthday note" was the actual present, and thought it was a big deal. Regardless, many lulz were had.

And that's it for this month's irrelevant story from yours truly. Good night, mentlegen.
Am I a horrible person for finding this funny?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I would have just told her to get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich.

(Lol, great story)

Top Bottom