• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
finished 417th out of 512 people( Im free in the 5k :awesome:), and 6th in my age group(20-24)

My time was 40:46. I was hoping to finished in at least 35:00, but i guess thats what you expect when you dont do any type of running exercise for 3.5 years.

But at least i know where i stand right now. This only motivates to improve. and ive got a long way to go before i get back in shape.

Fun fact: the guy that finished 1st finished in 16:40. I was all like "DAAAAAAAYYYYUUUUUUMMM"

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmm, I haven't played Xenoblade, but from what i'm hearing, it sounds a lot like Final Fantasy. I think in FF X-2 there is a time near the very end where the beast you encounter every time is a rediculous level and is pretty much a golden version of a similar boss you fight early in the game. Both of them are very scary, and pretty much impossible to beat (rephrase, golden one is near impossible, first one is just darn hard).

And in FF V you sometimes open chests which lead to ridiculous monsters in the final dungeon (although it's not really a dungeon, it's like space platforms and that kind of stuff). Which reminds me of FF V's soundtrack. To me, it wasn't as good as some others, but there was one track that was truly a standout. It's so darn epic. Clash on the big bridge is catchy and you kind of want to repeat the same scene all over again.

You're running on the bridge with 5 minutes on the clock for you to get over it, and all these little things are annoying the heck out of you. You just make it across the bridge with 1 and a half minutes to spare (with a sigh of relief) when who are you ambushed by but Gilgamesh! 1 and a half minutes to fight that demon of a boss (he's only ever 'hard' once in the game, this is that time). T_T

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Gilgamesh was such a funny character. He's one of the most memorable NPCs in Final Fantasy for me. XD

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I'll admit it-the first Final Fantasy I had played was Final Fantasy X

As for Xenoblade, think of it like playing Baldur's Gate Dragon Age: Origins, but with color and music. By "color", I mean the spectrum outside of brown, grey, and very dark green.
It also has a combat system that feels a bit more involved. I still have yet to finish DA:O for the sole reason that, while my friend (one guess who) tells me the ending is great, I can't play for more than 10 minutes without getting bored. Maybe it's the overabundance of flashy, fast paced shooters that thrust themselves in my face every month or my love of starcraft, but I can't be satisfied by something both slow AND monotonous.

For example, I can enjoy games like Fire Emblem or Advance Wars because, while slow paced, require a deal of planning before you just run in to an enemy artillery/archer line and have your pixels smeared across the screen. Playing DA:O is like Final Fantasy with the illusion of combat that uses really slow, repetitive attacking (I.E. I shoot the same 3 spells at a group of 12 identical skeletons for a few minutes, waiting 5-10 seconds between each burst of lightning/fire, both of which lost their novelty after the 5th use).

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
After watching a lot of videos, I saw one comment that led me to M2K :metaknight: vs. Ocean :rob:.

I spent the whole time carefully watching the match, and towards the end....

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Is Taco a caster or something? Or are you just referring to your leftovers? I'm pretty sure the shell's the only part of a taco that can go stale anyway.

As for the Ocean vs M2K, I assume that was the championship game? It did get very close towards the end (I even began to commentate to myself, haha).

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Is Taco a caster or something? Or are you just referring to your leftovers? I'm pretty sure the shell's the only part of a taco that can go stale anyway.

As for the Ocean vs M2K, I assume that was the championship game? It did get very close towards the end (I even began to commentate to myself, haha).
No, as the title states, its Winner's Bracket round 3. I'm surprised you're not aware of who won Apex or what happened there in general lol.

Although I remember reading somewhere that Ocean was the one that eliminated m2k, meaning that it can't be winner's bracket, but that could just be wrong.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
No, as the title states, its Winner's Bracket round 3. I'm surprised you're not aware of who won Apex or what happened there in general lol.

Although I remember reading somewhere that Ocean was the one that eliminated m2k, meaning that it can't be winner's bracket, but that could just be wrong.
It was Winner's. Rich Brown beat M2K in Loser's. =/

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I had fun with gilgamesh, yeah. As for the fun fact, I never recall seeing him in any other FF game. I've played 4, 5, 6, 10 and 10-2. It's sad, I know, but I actually haven't played 7.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
That reminds me... You changed your avatar auto :p

In any case, if you want to try them, X has quite a nice storyline. 4, 5 and 6 are all very good, and X-2 is okay. Oh! The other one i've played is Final Fantasy Battle Tactics Advanced, which was also a lot of fun.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If you play too many characters you get TOO GOOD at the game. XD

I only remember Gilgamesh in FF5 for some reason.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Someone who never owned a Sony system and played some TGCs instead of video games. I was also part of Atlante FC's youth squads until I was 15.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
So im watching planet terror right now and............ omg....... i completely forgot how ******* sexy rose mcgowan is..........

Top Bottom