• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I'll be honest, didn't expect Oli to be #2 because of his bad recovery :p Thought it'd be the bane of him placing higher on the tier list lol.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I always knew Diddy wasn't 2nd best though. I hated seeing Diddy that high. Olimar deserves it more than Diddy, but I don't think he's second best.

Anyway, gonna participate in a Wakfu tourney tomorrow, and they'll be streaming it apparently as well! I'll post the stream here tomorrow if you guys are interested in knowing what Wakfu is. It's definitely got me hooked like CRAZY! Let's just say playing Wakfu always reminds me of this song.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I always thought Diddy's place came from how much potential the bananas gave. That and his tourney results, which factor into tier placement, last I checked.

But with all the reppin' we've been doing (and by "we", I mean, "You guys/girls"), I would think things are looking better for Kirby.

And that FF Tactics song reminds me of how disappointed I am that the retro game store in my local mall closed some time ago. I had been meaning to gather a bunch of GBA titles I hadn't played, and probably a GBA that has functional L and R buttons, because after playing through every Mega Man Battle Network repeatedly, those things are spent. Also happened to my DS after only playing Mario Kart DS and Metroid Prime Hunters. Shame. The Nintendium surplus must be running dry.

Also, I googled (because that's a verb now) "Wakfu", so I assume you mean the Square Enix muhmorpig. It certainly looks interesting, but then again, my mother's stir fry also can be described as interesting in the same sense that a gynecologist might use the word.

"Is it OK, doc?"
"I'm sure it's noth- Oh! Uh, that's interesting..."

And with that image burned into your imagination, I will cease to edit this post any further and go play Xenoblade.

And now to completely invalidate that last statement, there's something to be said about how cool it is to have randomly placed extremely high level monsters in unsuspecting areas of the game waiting to bludgeon you at first glance.

Pic related, being myself after leaving my virgin level 16 anus turned after swimming through what I presumed to be a lake with no level 70 piranhas.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
And with that image burned into your imagination, I will cease to edit this post any further and go play Xenoblade.
Oh oh oh! Do you like it so far? :D

Everytime I read "Xenoblade" I am reminded of the greatness of that game, and good memories pour vividly through my imagination's rivers of excitement and joy.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
LOOOL

I got ambushed by a lv80 giant monkey monster thing, and as I was crapping myself with fear, I was trying desperately to choose the "run away" button. I failed and got annihilated. However, good news is I successfully stopped myself from destroying my controller. I was also lv~20 at the time.

There is nothing like the rush you get from turning around a corner, and smacking into a random lv100+ boss monster who just HAPPENS to be sleeping there, then scrambling to find the "run away" button to save your ***.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
So what exactly are you supposed to do when that B button appears on screen before or during a fight? I try to hit B right as the ring gets inside the B, but all I ever observe happening is a Japanese voice bit. I assumed it had something to do with the blue meter at the top of the screen that lets you do chain attacks, but it doesn't appear to have any affect.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So what exactly are you supposed to do when that B button appears on screen before or during a fight? I try to hit B right as the ring gets inside the B, but all I ever observe happening is a Japanese voice bit. I assumed it had something to do with the blue meter at the top of the screen that lets you do chain attacks, but it doesn't appear to have any affect.
It does two things. It "enrages" whatever character initiated that action (giving him more attack and defense), and also boosts that blue bar. Needless to say, whenever that circle appears, make sure you press B at the last possible moment.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
but for real. we got work to do.
Tell me about it.

[collapse=Money earned/Usage relation]***Note: The numbers are so close together that I only bothered to separate them in four different groups (color coded). The separation by spaces is only an indicator of what percent they're around (all 5%s are together, all 4%s are together, etc.).

Olimar

--

MK

--

ICs
Diddy

--

Snake
PT
Falco
Pikachu

Wolf
Wario
Sheilda
ZSS
Peach
Ness
Ike

TL
Marth
Pit
Lucario
GaW
Sonic

ROB
Jigglypuff
Fox
DK
Dedede
Lucas
Flacon
Ganon
Samus
Sheik

Yoshi
Link
Bowser
Zelda
Mario
Luigi
Kirby

[/collapse]

Look at Kirby's position!

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I get it now, its not just winning that improves rank, but the money earned via wins. Olimar must have won a lot of cash in the past few months.

But haven't we been winning things too? Or are our placements too low for cash prize?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm not even sure.

Take a look at these two posts:

Kirby doesn't have a good MU spread. He loses to most high and top tiers, with his best MUs against them being even. The only characters he has an advantage against are characters worse than him. (Except fox) He has a notable lack of results lately, how can a character be bumped up if both his MU spread AND results do not work in his favor?
I play Kirby a lot. He is not an above average character. He has virtually the definition of an average character.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Less complaining, more action! Lets get out there and show them how much they underestimate!

Edit: Kirby doesn't have a good MU spread! Leave it to the none Kirby mains.

:phone:

Oh, I get it now, its not just winning that improves rank, but the money earned via wins. Olimar must have won a lot of cash in the past few months.

But haven't we been winning things too? Or are our placements too low for cash prize?
It's the Full Split of Money Earned over the Character's Usage.

Kirby being at the very bottom means that a lot of people use Kirby, but almost nobody places within the money with him.

The reason why Olimar is so high up is because he's not a very popular character, but he has won some serious cash (Nietono at Apex obv). His Money Earned/Usage ratio is through the roof.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Too bad Kirby is a real noob-friendly character. There's no excuse from the tourney-goers though, we've been doing bad lately.

On another note, the Wakfu games will be streamed at twitch.tv/bigburywhite in case anybody's interested in watching. Just throwing the link out there, tourney starts in ~10 minutes, but I'm sure that it'll start a few mins later.

EDIT: My team is called "Circle 9", and my character is "Fleur Violette". Won the first roung 2-0, everything seems to be going well so far!

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Guys, after alot of thinking, im gonna drop kirby to a secondary character and main marth.

I feel as if i need to learn alot more about this game. And im not exactly ready to main kirby as a primary yet.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yeah, it's better to stop playing one character for a bit and play others for awhile.

And when you get back to Kirby, you'll feel a slight change in what you're doing.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Guys, after alot of thinking, im gonna drop kirby to a secondary character and main marth.

I feel as if i need to learn alot more about this game. And im not exactly ready to main kirby as a primary yet.
I did this exact thing about a year and a half ago. I mained DDD for quite a while, and I felt like I understood the game in general so much better when I came back to Kirby.

I just hope we don't lose you to Marth forever!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Considering Kirby has the worst usage:winnings ratio of ALL characters, we should all be relieved he only dropped one spot.

And, IMO, ROB should still go higher on the list.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I can only use light/medium-weight characters; I suck with heavies LOL. Also I've been playing some Kirby 64 lately, LOVE it so much. ^___^

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I was watching TV, and stumbled upon MAD, the cartoon network show made of crappy shorts which force me to turn off the TV in disappointment every time I surf through channels. But then they played this short:

[yt]ndA69KiffJE[/yt]

... and I was actually impressed.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
I saw that MAD few times while over my dad's (the lolcats one was so bad though, ugh...).

On another note, Carly (a little girl who happens to also chill there) has been ravenously enthralled with The World Ends With You after she saw me playing it. For the past few weeks (I'm over there Sunday and Monday night), we've been having "Story Time", in which I play through with high level gear so she can see all the cutscenes, which I read aloud in various voices (Neku is myself, Joshua is British, Shiki is high-pitched me, Rhyme is a girly voice, Beat is gangsta, etc.). Tonight we got to the boss fight vs Sho, who's math one-liners bring her much dismay, and she had to go to bed halfway through. Each time a plot element appears to unfold, I put on my :troll: face and say "eh, don't be so sure..."

For example

"So wait, Shiki got to come back to life, right?"
":troll: eh, don't be so sure..."

"*GASP* hold on, does that mean Mr. H is the Composer!?!?"

"OH! I got it! Joshua did it! He was the only one there!"

"Ohmahagwd Sho Minamin...Minani... THE MATH GUY KILLED HIM!!"

SURE LOOKS LIKE IT.

I haven't had this much fun messing with small children in a long time.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Just came in the house from running nearly a mile, then walking another mile.

Gotta keep training myself for that 5k race on the 12th.

And i just found out that the registration fee is $40........... how wonderful..........

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's inspiring to see someone dedicated to something like that Shadocat. We here at the Kirby boards will be rooting for you on the 12th. :D

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
It tried to go running again today, but my legs suddenly gave out on me. they felt tight and sore, so i had to stop early. thats gonna set me back :glare:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Stretch before and after working out. Hell, stretch hours after working out as well. It helps keep your muscles from tensing up.

Top Bottom