• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Smash Championship Results

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
December 14, 2013 Kentucky Smash Championship results.

Melee Singles: 40 Entrants

1: Jiano
2: Salt
3: KellyK
4: Juke
5: Broverdose
5: CJ
7: Shonic
7: DrX
9: Zero
9: Goodin
9: Kain
9: Megachuck
13: Giganterra
13: Amida
13: AOB
13: Luigigoshard
17: Village
17: Debs
17: Jared
17: Phi
17: Teamnick
17: Mook
17: Wiisnake
17: PoopSmith
25: Otaku
25: Tugs
25: Keenan
25: Lethal8472
25: Kaiser
25: TMS
25: Rizner
25: Xanthus
33: Vince
33: Paul
33: MachomanRandysavage
33: Tots
33: Tiny
33: Starwind
33: Elak
33: Way2

Melee Doubles: 15 Teams

1. Jiano and Juke
2. Megachuck and Salt
3. The Bundy bros.
4. Nick and DrX
5. Mario bros. and Link
5. Can't gimp this
7. Kain and Knubble
7. Amazerommu and Giganterra
9. Rizner and Village
9. Nephi and Kisar
9. Tiny and Paul
9. Gooderdose
13. Jay and Vince
13. Davis and Jackson
13. Shonic and CJ

Project M Singles: 36 Entrants

1: DrX
2: Spec
3: Kain
4: Amazerommu
5: Flygon
5: Rizner
7: Teamnick
7: Earl
9: Kaiser
9: Village
9: Hoboz
9: Goodin
13: Raioh
13: Amida
13: Poopssmith
13: Shonic
17: Exceladon City
17: Tots
17: Phi
17: Reaper
17: Eric
17: Wiisnake
17: Tugs
17: Choutz
25: Patrick
25: Tiny
25: Broverdose
25: KellyK
25: Leathal
25: Paul
25: Knubble
25: Starwind
33: Clay
33: Vince
33: xanthus
33: Godud

Brawl Singles: 12 Entrants

1. Sam
2. Spec
3. Amida
4. Rowin
5. Rizner
5. Earl
7. Rahul
7. Ami
9. Shonic
9. Kain
9. Paul
9. Tiny

Picture of tournament:

Better tournament than I anticipated. The turnout was amazing and the environment was awesome. Everyone seemed to have a great time. Lets keep this tournament series going! Hopefully the next installment will be sometime between late January and mid February.

Expect these changes for next tournament:
-Project M doubles will take place over Brawl singles. (Sorry Brawl players)
-We will have the entire back room. There was a communication error and we couldn't even use a few tables.
-Order of events will likely be: Melee Doubles > Melee Singles > PM Singles > PM doubles
-Price adjustments: Melee/ Project M Singles: $10, Melee/ Project M Doubles: $10 per team

Thank you everyone for your attendance and cooperation. This turned out to be a great tourney! Also remember that in addition to these main tournaments, we also host free entrance melee brackets and Melee/PM friendlies every Saturday night at the same venue from about 6pm to midnight with a $2 venue fee.

Thanks everyone

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Awesome! Cool to see that I at least made it to 7th. xD Since that was my first tourney, I had no idea what was going on. Or maybe it was because I didn't get much sleep the previous night.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Awesome! Cool to see that I at least made it to 7th. xD Since that was my first tourney, I had no idea what was going on. Or maybe it was because I didn't get much sleep the previous night.
Glad that you had fun! As the TO, that was pretty much my main goal.

гυιη

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unique
3DS FC
5198-2442-2813
HUGE Brawl bracket. And it sucks that I had to forfeit before my second match in PM to go take care of my dog at home. Oh well. Was a great tourney and I hope more are as popular as this one.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Glad that you had fun! As the TO, that was pretty much my main goal.
Well, you achieved it! But I'm sad to say that even if there are any more tourneys with Brawl in them anywhere in Kentucky, I won't be able to go. Even if I started to play P:M. Being 14, my mom is no longer willing to drive me three hours there and three hours back again. xD

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Well, you achieved it! But I'm sad to say that even if there are any more tourneys with Brawl in them anywhere in Kentucky, I won't be able to go. Even if I started to play P:M. Being 14, my mom is no longer willing to drive me three hours there and three hours back again. xD
Finding transportation at that age can be rough for sure. I just turned 18 and its still pretty lame. I hope that you can find some local players to practice with. A 6 hour drive is not really worth a 12 person bracket IMO, but you have to start somewhere.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Best tourney ever thanks everyone who came and supported if you didnt do well keep your head up and keep practicing unbelievably happy with 3rd in teams and singles that was my goal will do shoutouts later wish I could have done better pm but I was just wore the f*** out good **** jiano and dr x for the first place singles and jiano/juke for dubz

Debs

Smash Rookie
Great tourney! Hopefully we get an equally huge turnout for the next one.

CyrusShadowBlade

Smash Cadet
I had a ton of fun! I'm proud of my 3rd place finish in PM and my long journey through losers bracket after suiciding twice and being knocked into losers in match 2. I'll do some shoutouts when I'm not trying to type on a phone.

WhyYouSalty

Smash Cadet
To the group of people recording their matches on a hand held camera. Is there anyway you can upload those to youtube? I was in a few of them and would like to watch my own gameplay and criti

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
In the next installment of the "Bi-Annual Kentucky Smash Championships™" I will reign supreme!!!!!

I will destroy the very foundation of KY smash with my new found secret weapon... Pikachu!!

As we know; the top player in this region, Cilantro, cannot possibly defeat pikachu!!

Nyehehehe (`∀´)

I will see you next year as I further plot your downfall, gentlemen

1380232298326s.jpg

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Extremely dissapointed in myself after this, but there is no room for excuses. Wanted to give a shout out to the Link player who sent me to losers. You impressed me a lot. great games from you! Look forward to future matches. Jiano, you did your thing as always! Sorry about up-B'ing you in teams LOL! Also, wanted to give a BIG shoutout to my bro kellyk. Everytime I doubt this man he proves me wrong and shines in tournament. You also carried us to 3rd place in teams. For everyone who didn't see it, Kelly with 1 stock left and me gone brought back a 3 stock deficit against both dr. X and megachuck(I believe) to keep our tourney hopes alive in losers semis. We went on to win the set. Congrats on top 3 in singles as well. You are proof that hard work pays off in this game. Shout out to everyone who made this tourney great! Hope to see you all soon.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
For everyone who didn't see it, Kelly with 1 stock left and me gone brought back a 3 stock deficit against both dr. X and megachuck(I believe) to keep our tourney hopes alive in losers semis. We went on to win the set.
My teammate was teamnick. Megachuk teamed with Salt. Still, good **** to kelly, though.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
OMG Brawl was so free. I'm so mad I slept in. x_x

Anyway, ggs to those I played in P:M. Thanks for the practice, I'll be back next time with a few more hours of tech skill practice. Which was really my glaring flaw other than a few missed punishes.

Smell ya later.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs, deleting the people I don't remember being with.

1: Jiano: gg winning first. I'm also going to blame you on the fact that sicko followed me on twitch. So thanks for that lol.
2: Salt: I really wish I got to play you in bracket. Maybe you could have given me some advice on my Marth lol.
3: KellyK: shout outs for that huge comeback in teams. Also gg on good results in both singles and teams
4: Juke: didn't really get to play you, but I heard you were good. Sorry about me mind gaming myself with your phone =P
5: Broverdose: next time man. I'm taking my money back next time just you wait.
5: CJ: yo good job beating kodey and making it all the way to winners semis. EVANSVILLE REPRESENT
7: Shonic: yeah no you suck gtfo I hope you get last place next time
7: DrX: nice to see you again. Your fox is legit, hope to see you again soon.
9: Zero: Didn't get to play, but I remember your marth was legit from the weeklies.
9: Goodin: "I WANNA PLAY PING PONG WITH MY KNEE" yeah get #REKT in bracket
9: Kain: samus right? I remember you from the weeklies but didn't get to see you much.
9: Megachuck: didn't play you, but gg with teams
13: Amida: yo man I TOLD you that going up would be a hidden block. Gg with melee, thanks for giving me an intense set that pretty much set the stage for the rest of my bracket.
13: Luigigoshard: DOMINATED BY EVANSVILLE Nah jk.
17: Debs: thanks for your help with the stream. Get #REKT by my super Mario 64 skilz
17: Jared: Gg getting as far as you did, and gg beating keenen. Honestly, I'm glad it was me that put you out and not someone else, and I'm glad you put up a good fight. Looking forward to playing you on Wednesday.
17: Teamnick: we played in brawl right? If so, gg
17: Mook: yo man you win the bro of the year award for walking with me to get coffee. Also gg beating Elliot.
17: Wiisnake: didn't really get to play you much. Maybe someday I'll play your ness in bracket =P
25: Keenan: didn't get to play you. Maybe next time hopefully.
25: TMS: looking forward to playing you again this Wednesday. Gg beating lvl9 luigi
25: Rizner: we never got that P:M MM. Still I had fun with you and amida on Mario party.

Special shout outs:
Thanks Patrick for stepping in for Mario party. Had fun playing.
Missed you pat. Hope California is going well. If you are ever in the area, hit me up.
Ami: enjoyed playing with you. First tourney, right? Hope you have a great time at later tourneys
Everyone that helped out with my laptop was great. So major shout outs to you all.
Shout outs to everyone who played Mario party. Amida, rizner, Patrick. ITS HABBENING
Shout outs to my crew, CJ, Elliot, and Jared. Good job repping the crew. Hopefully reneblade will come next time.
Shout outs to everyone who came. Had a blast.

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, I'm glad I still did okay in P:M, now it's time to see how I can step my game up some more.

Xanthus

Smash Apprentice
Cool tournament! I had a lot of fun with my spammy all-over-the-place Sonic. Kinda regret not being more focused and competitive, but still had some great games. Next time I'll have more than a couple days practice :D It's been years since I've played competitively.

I was the guy in the purple foxes shirt with the camera, here is a playlist with some footage I have (Losers Semis, Grand Finals, etc.). I have more matches of other players I've yet to upload, still have to dig through it a little more. If anybody knows the players names / if I'm wrong about the place in the bracket the match took place, let me know and I'll fix the title.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl7kMIQxM_Q&list=PLcjexdzN7pzCI4yZj_3u4S8mrt45fgPVq

P.S. Looking for some practice partners/more people to play with, I live in Richmond,KY but could drive a little for some more matches. Also, and I'll make another post, but there is a LAN in Louisville (www.lanwar.com) in January and I'll be running a ProjectM tourney there.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
1. Jiano - You are a god at this game your a top 10 playing in the country and its the truth when and if you go back to another natl you will be feared by the best.
2. Salt - Awesome to meet you your a cool dude hope I get another shot at you I will be better!
3. Myself 3rd in teams with my bro he stepped up everytime I fd up and I did as well when he did the bundy bros will be back to ****! I will beat you someday jiano....
4.Juke - We didnt play and some ppl say you could have beat me if we did hope to play you next time im up for the challenge !
5. Broverdose- I always kept telling ppl how good you are even after the last couple bad finished glad you did well you got a sick shiek and captain.
6. Cj- That winners semis you really made me work for it ggs.
7. Shonic- way too wreck goodin lol I thought I was watching pewpewu for a min with those combos
8.Dr. X - thanks for bringing cincy wish I had time for some friendlies goodjob taking pm 1st ill never for get that 3 stock comeback I made against you and team nick I went into ultimate try hard mode hope to play with you again in the near future!
9. Goodin- you outplayed me when we played we always pkay each other so close your falco goes haam! Awesome how we put this together the next installment will be bigger!!
10. Kain - you make samus so good I hate playing you because samus is so wierd but legit finish for not getting a respectable seed like you should have deserved.
11. Megachuck good **** wrecking me and luigigoshard in teams!
12. Amida - if you would pick up melee and play it more you would be top 10
13. LuigigoShard - Everybody has bad days **** happens skill wise your top 3 and probably had the best shot at beating jiano but **** happens
Everyome else im tired of typing but good **** thank you all for coming if you didnt come make it out next time I know alot of usuals didnt make it we could have easily broke 50+

SaLt08

Smash Rookie
Does know when or if there will be YouTube postings of the matches that were streamed?

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
Cool tournament! I had a lot of fun with my spammy all-over-the-place Sonic. Kinda regret not being more focused and competitive, but still had some great games. Next time I'll have more than a couple days practice :D It's been years since I've played competitively.

I was the guy in the purple foxes shirt with the camera, here is a playlist with some footage I have (Losers Semis, Grand Finals, etc.). I have more matches of other players I've yet to upload, still have to dig through it a little more. If anybody knows the players names / if I'm wrong about the place in the bracket the match took place, let me know and I'll fix the title.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl7kMIQxM_Q&list=PLcjexdzN7pzCI4yZj_3u4S8mrt45fgPVq

P.S. Looking for some practice partners/more people to play with, I live in Richmond,KY but could drive a little for some more matches. Also, and I'll make another post, but there is a LAN in Louisville (www.lanwar.com) in January and I'll be running a ProjectM tourney there.
Hey, did we play in bracket? I recall playing two Sonics.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Shout Outs
1: Jiano - Stacks on Stacks Big $$$ I really appreciate you practicing with us on a regular basis also
2: Salt - Never heard of you before last weekend but damn i watched your sets and you have a janky and awesome marth/ captain.
3: KellyK - Good ****, you always place at the top for whatever reason. Feel like I outplayed you but my sloppiness let you wreck me
4: Juke- Didnt get to play you but the results attest to how good you are.
5: Broverdose- Your garbage kid :)
5: CJ - Don't lose to shonic when you play him. Nah but GGs man.
7: Shonic- Your garbage kid :)
7: DrX - You had a rough bracket that was partially my fault. When we played in teams you pretty much wrecked me. Hope to play in singles soon and thanks for the advise that you have been giving on facebook.
9: Zero - Good job man!
9: Goodin - Proud of you for TOing such a big event despite being a complete noob TO. You suck for losing to shonic why did you switch characters like a moron!!?!!??
9: Kain- The samus is real! Glad you had fun and I will be seeing you again
9: Megachuck- Didn't really get to play but you had some good placements. Thanks for making it
13: Giganterra- Yo, great meeting you and thanks for all the help.
13: Amida- Glad to see you getting more into melee. Keep up the good work
13: AOB- Your marth was tough and Im not sure how I won. Thanks for coming!
13: Luigigoshard- :(((((( damnnn son. Im sure next time you will come in and plunger the **** out of everyone with luigi and make top 5 atleast. Play ya soon!
17-999: To lazy to address you all but I would imagine your awesome.
Everyone who made it out to the tourney was awesome ( bar garbagedose and shonic :) ). Additional thanks to people who were a big help in me TOing: Hoboz, Spec, giganterra, garbagedose, shonic, kelly, (prob someone else I left out). Thanks again peeps.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Ami: enjoyed playing with you. First tourney, right? Hope you have a great time at later tourneys
Thanks for the shout out! Yes, it was my first tourney. xP I had lots of fun! But, sorry, I was so tired and out of it that I didn't really introduce myself properly. So... Would you mind reminding me who you were, exactly? xD Like, when did I play you and what character did you use?

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the shout out! Yes, it was my first tourney. xP I had lots of fun! But, sorry, I was so tired and out of it that I didn't really introduce myself properly. So... Would you mind reminding me who you were, exactly? xD Like, when did I play you and what character did you use?
Marth main. We played round one. I asked "what's the jump button"

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Marth main. We played round one. I asked "what's the jump button"
OHHH. That guy! xD Hello! Seriously, that question caught me off guard a bit, haha~
As soon as we started playing, I was thinking, "there's no way this guy just asked me what the jump button was." Lol, great games.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
OHHH. That guy! xD Hello! Seriously, that question caught me off guard a bit, haha~
As soon as we started playing, I was thinking, "there's no way this guy just asked me what the jump button was." Lol, great games.
Yeah haha. Ended up pulling that during P:M in friendlies. He tried to explain, and I was all "like this?" and started wavedashing and said "wait a second this isn't jumping..."

po0psmith

Smash Rookie
Let's also, if possible, try to make time for pool play to seed for melee being that there are so many entries. (sorry, still salty about the randomness of the bracket lol. great tourny though)

Top Bottom