• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
Made an account solely to post here in this specific thread/topic. Will probably disappear into the ether after Ultimate is released.

Dante has a lot going for him, in terms of stuff that's been happening over the past Summer into right around now, and while keeping expectations low, it's important to keep in mind that the leaks he's a part of still have gotten stuff right. The Isabelle one was likely a guess (a pretty good one, though, and one I got to witness first hand), and the DMC5 one still has more information that we can confirm too, at TGS in a few days. Matt likely didn't have an NDA signed before his excitement, which is why weeks before he said 'no,' he went with 'I don't know anything about Smash' and 'wouldn't that be cool?' You can add a provisional clause in an NDA that allows you to deny things, and knowing the Devil May Cry team's history with things leaking out long before they should, it would be entirely beneficial to add that in specifically for them (or maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist and reaching really hard, lol).

But anyways, there's some more that you guys missed.

I notice nobody here's posted the image leak, so I'll take the liberty of that.

Is it low res? Very. However, myself and a few others elsewhere were able to determine he's on Spear Pillar (stars match up almost identically to the right side of the stage) and the white cloth next to him is Chrom's cape. Dante never strikes this pose in DMC4, so it would've had to have been rerendered, and the lighting with the halo around him looks about right compared to other characters we've seen on night time stages. (Mario in the beginning of the Everyone is Here trailer comes to mind, right after he jumps out of the pipe.)

If it's a fake, it's very unique for one. Not a CSS leak, rerendered out a model in a new pose and applied lighting correctly to it, etc.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Is it low res? Very. However, myself and a few others elsewhere were able to determine he's on Spear Pillar (stars match up almost identically to the right side of the stage) and the white cloth next to him is Chrom's cape. Dante never strikes this pose in DMC4, so it would've had to have been rerendered, and the lighting with the halo around him looks about right compared to other characters we've seen on night time stages. (Mario in the beginning of the Everyone is Here trailer comes to mind, right after he jumps out of the pipe.)
I don't recognize the source, but aside from the fact that something like this seems like it could be made by modding Brawl or Smash 4, Dante looks more like 2D artwork in this screenshot than a character.

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
I don't recognize the source, but aside from the fact that something like this seems like it could be made by modding Brawl or Smash 4, Dante looks more like 2D artwork in this screenshot than a character.
That's a fair enough critique. Again, while I'm still skeptical on it, (especially because of its dubious origins and nature) it'd be pretty unique for a fake this Smash season. We haven't gotten any gameplay screenshot leaks yet, as far as I'm aware. Most of them have been CSS and portrait leaks with the artist coming forward.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
So just to try and summarize all the points with regards to a potential Dante inclusion, here's a quick rundown of all the running points about his discussion in Smash, which I'll be viewing in terms of supporting and refuting him:

1. Dante in general being in Smash.
Pro: He is often considered to be the face/pioneer of the "character action" genre, with titles such as Ninja Gaiden, God of War and Smash veteran Bayonetta having mechanics which were popularized by Devil May Cry. As such, it'd be fitting to include him in the role, akin to how Snake is the pioneer of stealth games and Ryu codified the fighting game genre. Dante and his series rank high in terms of his prominence within Capcom, often appearing in crossovers and being a general fan favorite by those who know of him. This is all without mentioning that he has a movelist that essentially writes itself, and the possibility of facing off against his spiritual successor in Bayo herself for the first time would be very enticing.
Con: Even with his popularity, Dante doesn't have that level of support within the Nintendo sphere. None of his mainline titles were on a Nintendo console, and his sole appearances in one were in crossovers such as Project X Zone. While the rule about having lasting ties to Nintendo for guests is more of a guideline according to Sakurai himself, Dante's flimsy ties make other weak ones such as the likes of Snake and Cloud look stronger in comparison. Within Ultimate specifically, Capcom already has representation with Mega Man and Street Fighter with the later presence of Monster Hunter's Rathalos as a boss, so the likelihood of getting a third unique newcomer representing the fourth franchises of a third party seems rather low.

2. DMCV Leak: The 4chan leak from July 20 that revealed information about Devil May Cry V and ended with a statement that Dante was going to be in Smash. This started to gain traction and attention when several points made in the post (dynamic music, the weapon of the character V, the training space, Dante using a weapon tied to his bike, save system for Nero) were proven true according to gameplay footage from Gamescom the following month. While other leaks featuring Dante were made before and well after this leak's creation, this became the main rallying cry with regards to the character's chances.
Pro: At best, it's impossible to deny that whoever leaked this had insider information which was accurate, considering the very specific nature of each point he had discussed. With supposedly very little to dissuade the thought of him supposedly lying for a random throwaway piece of information, this lends further credence to its reputation. Not only that, but this leak specifically mentioned the use of Dante's DMC4 design, which was voted as being the main incarnation wanted by fans to cross over with Bayonetta in a poll created by Hideki Kamiya - their shared creator - sometime after the DLC cycle for Smash 4 was finished in 2016. It also made note of a DMC4 port for the Switch, which would allow one of his games to finally enter a Nintendo system and remove part of the stigma against him.
Con: Even if the information revealed by the leaker was accurate since such particular notes were too specific to be attributed as just a lucky random guess, detractors believe the opposite: that it is entirely possible that the leaker could have tacked on the throwaway reference to Smash and left it at that. The very fact that this leaker also (supposedly) saw Dante's reveal trailer places a lot of doubt on it as well, especially at it had shared details with another Smash leak that was proven false when K. Rool and Simon Belmont were revealed.

3. Matt Walker: The producer of DMCV has outright stated that "lol no", Dante is not in Smash by answering a Twitter question. This is where things start to get dicey, as this mainly deals with interpretations and such depending on how much you probably want the character in as well as how familiar you are with the history of leaks within the DMC series in general. I'll be listing the cons here first, because while the last point was the rallying cry for Dante supporters, this is what detractors use to counter that.
Con: If Dante were truly in Smash, then the issue comes from the very blunt and hard "no" Walker gave, as under most circumstances an NDA would prevent him from even responding to the question in the first place. Given his high standing as a member of the current DMC team, it would be very unlikely that Walker would be unaware of plans to put Dante in Smash. Thus, the simple and straightforward answer that Dante would not be in the game.
Pro: This is where Occam's Razor sort of hurts the pro-Dante camp, but these next few points require the use of many assumptions. For one, given that DMC has been leaked several times in the past (Dante's English VA Reuben Langdon is pretty guilty of this), it's likely that whatever NDA Walker and other DMC team members are a part of allow them to lie about his inclusion to keep the potential surprise if Dante were part of the roster, especially given the very secretive nature of Smash's internal workings and how the specifics of NDAs vary. It's also possible that Walker - for whatever reason - is genuinely unaware of any such plans; such a role would fall in the hands of the series' director since DMC2, Hideaki Itsuno, who would absolutely be the one person Sakurai would have to contact in other to get Dante. To further this line of thought, Walker and Itsuno received questions regarding Dante in Smash a week before the former's deconfirmation and seemed evasive about answering it while Walker claimed earlier in the month that he was unaware of such a topic actually being active.

4. The September 11th leak: Two days before the resecheduled Nintendo Direct went live, a 4chan user claimed that Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar were in the game, and that Dante's reveal was set for November. To affirm his claim, he predicted that Isabelle was going to be the newcomer announced at the end of the Direct, which did indeed happen. Much of the support lost for Dante following Matt Walker's deconfirmation was regained here to varying degrees.
Pro: For obvious reasons, the very specific prediction of Isabelle's reveal was what gave this leak credence and popularity. The three newcomers listed in the leak were also considered to be very likely due to the findings of Vergeben, who had managed to correctly leak many pieces of information thus far. With Isabelle's announcement and the further leak of both Ken and Incineroar, the leak is nearly correct sans the Dante reveal, which can only be verified in two months' time.
Con: The Isabelle guess, unlike those found in the DMCV leak, was one which could have been more easily guessed randomly, even moreso considering her own prominence as a popular guess - again, courtesy of Vergeben. As Ken and Incineroar were similarly popular, it's likely that the leaker simply chose these three fighters as a way to drum up credibility by piggybacking off the most credible Ultimate leaker thus far. Unlike other leaks, this has yet to be fully verified as being correct until the supposed Dante reveal, making it much harder to trust.

5. Other theories: These aren't strictly focused on Dante's specific chances, but the discussion surrounding them still impact his inclusion one way or another.
- Box Theory: Based on the boxart for the Ultimate boxed bundle. To make a long story short, the theory goes that only 2 characters were left to be revealed, with the placement of the fighters indicating that they would be one unique newcomer and an Echo from between the count on the website for Palutena and Cloud - universally agreed upon to likely be Incineroar and Ken.
- 103/108 Stages: With the leak of possibly 108 stages thanks to Corocoro as opposed to the 103 stated in the August 8 Smash Direct, there exists the possibility of 5 new stages possibly yet to be revealed. For the most part, new stages are likely an indication of a new fighter from a as-of-yet unaffiliated franchise (like Splatoon and Castlevania), which could be a way for the Devil May Cry series to enter. This topic is currently debated on as to whether or not the figure of 108 could have possibly been a mistake.

If there's any other piece of information that can contribute to the discussion, then feel free to add them on!

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Matt likely didn't have an NDA signed before his excitement, which is why weeks before he said 'no,' he went with 'I don't know anything about Smash' and 'wouldn't that be cool?' You can add a provisional clause in an NDA that allows you to deny things,.
I remember the tweet where he said he didn't know, but since I'm not very used to twitter I cannot find it anymore. Can you provide us a link plese? I'm trying to make a complete chronological list of this whole leak, that would be useful.

If it's a fake, it's very unique for one. Not a CSS leak, rerendered out a model in a new pose and applied lighting correctly to it, etc.
Being a graphic designer myself, I can assure you thats a 99% fake. Trust me, low res is a godsend to hide details that would otherwise make it clear is a fake.
For reference, I flipped the image in photoshop here:
dantefake.jpg
chromflip.jpg

Next to him, I screepcapped, flipped and blurred a Chrom image. The difference is night and day, because one is made by professional 3d artist with a big budget, the other is almost certainly made by a random dude who like to draw.
Devil is in the details.

Speaking of which, I noticed another thing rereading the first two leaks.
In the first one, the one that is confirmed fake (because the wrong details on both King K. Rool and Simon), the leaker specifically says:
"In particular I'll say that if you're a fan of Robin or Lucina, you'll probably be pretty ****ing salty at their treatment in Dante's trailer, especially if you're a shipperfag. I couldn't tell you when or where they're going to show these trailers but they're all very much finished"
When the DMCV leaker describes the trailer he just says "what I think is one of the Fire Emblem characters being attacked by a giant dragon", and while many speculated a Lucina vs Rathalos situation, it could also be Lucina vs Grima, aka "Dark Robin", which could also be very fitting considering he is a demon more than a dragon, the kind of enemy Dante usually face. The finale of the supposed trailer would kinda be a slap in the face for the RobinXLucina shipping.
Maybe the DMCV leaker really piggybacked the first leaker just to troll someone, and considering he posted 4 days after that, it may be the case.

Or maybe the girl is not a Fire Emblem character at all, and its a Palutena vs Grima fight... ^^;

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Dante's getting fake image leaks now, huh? Damn. We're moving up in the world.
That's what I thought too. Even if Dante doesn't make into base, at least now, there seems to be some vocal demand for him as a Smash character that he might have a shot at dlc.

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
I remember the tweet where he said he didn't know, but since I'm not very used to twitter I cannot find it anymore. Can you provide us a link plese? I'm trying to make a complete chronological list of this whole leak, that would be useful.
https://twitter.com/gypsyOtoko/status/1027125069988810752 Here's the link to the Tweet you were asking for.

"Sorry people I'm just catching up here and I know I Tweeted something that may have confused people but I know absolutely nothing about Smash. I love Smash, but I know nothing about it. Just sayin. ^_~"

That follows the original tweet everyone got freaked out over, which can be found here.
https://twitter.com/gypsyOtoko/status/1026489262286430211

And IIRC it was around the same time as the Capcom Confidential where he got 'Don't'd'.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
That's what I thought too. Even if Dante doesn't make into base, at least now, there seems to be some vocal demand for him as a Smash character that he might have a shot at dlc.
After a good night of sleep, I came to a conclusion: the Dante leak is probably a fake.

From my point of view, here's what happened:
- On 16 July, this random text leak appeared. The leak was a piggybacking of Vergeben's and included several out-of-the-box characters, including Dante. Note how his trailer supposedly included Lucina and Robin/Dark Robin aka Grima. This leak will be deconfirmed 3 weeks later, during the 8.8 Smash direct.

- Few days later, on 20 July, a huge leak regarding Devil May Cry 5 appered on 4chan too. In following weeks, this leak confirmed several of his points, as I compiled in my old post. That thread didn't have the tripcode, so there's apparently no way to confirm its always the same guy answering the various questions, but if you look at the timestamps you can cleary see the discussion went on for nearly 2 hours with several other (later confirmed) claims, so is safe to assume is always the same leaker.

- In the second post of the leak there are tons of yet to be confirmed info, such as Vergil being part of the scrapped Season 2 for the (now dead) Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. If you find it familiar, its because is the same leak Vergeben got wrong: he said the Season 2 was in the works, but was ultimately never released (maybe because the game itself was a failure). Among these info, the leaker said "I can verify that the supposed "leak" of Dante in Smash is true. I'm not really a Smash/Nintendo guy, but I've seen the trailer.". We don't know what was the actual "supposed leak", but I didn't find anything else other than the first one, coincidentally the only one who gained some traction while having Dante in it, and appeared only 4 days prior.

- The leaker got questioned regarding Smash, and he later described the whole trailer. What's important to note here are the following:
~ Slightly piggybacking the final smash (transform and combo the enemy like Wario or Little Mac vs. suck in a cinematic like Shulk or Megaman)
~ Described the same attire of the first leak, specifically the DMC4 one; the same one that won the twitter pool from Hideki Kamiya (creator of both Dante and Bayonetta) back in February 2016, coincidentally when Smash Ultimate was in the works.
~ The trailer followed the same vibe of other trailers for newcomers, as following: CGI intro (where a Nintendo character get nearly killed) -> titlecard -> gameplay (ending with Final Smash) -> CGI outro. The point here is that text leak was after the Ridley one, but before the Simon and the King K. Rool. A pretty huge lucky guess.
~ The trailed included a "what I think is one of the Fire Emblem character" and later a single line of dialogue ("another CGI scene where the girl he protected asks him name"), something that happened with Simon+Ritcher trailer too ("Begone, monster! You don't belong to this world!"); it also included a "giant dragon", who could be Grima (fitting, if the female character is Lucina), Ridley (he still looks like a giant dragon) or the Rathalos, who at the time wasn't revealed yet. Another lucky guess? (I didn't included Bowser or Charizard because everyone would recognize them)
~ Included a lot a small details that you basically never see on other fake text trailers, such as: Gilgamesh mask appearing on Dante face when Gilgamesh is used; Pandora not included (it was mostly a ranged weapon, would be OP in smash); Lady as an Assist Trophy (like Alucard in the Simon trailer; again, wasn't revealed yet). How many times do you see that level of details in other fake trailers?
~ Apparently, a stage for Devil May Cry wasn't included in the trailer (unlike the Dracula Castle for Castlevania); that would fit the 103 stages theory, and Devil May Cry doesn't have iconic locations, aside maybe Mallet Island Castle and the Temen-ni-gru tower (both are castles with scary creatures in it, but not nearly as iconic as the Dracula Castle).
~ Worth of noting that we never, ever, got a character leaked by a trailer. Even if Devil May Cry often get leaked, that would be a leak without precedents.

- 6 August, enter Matt Walker (producer of Devil May Cry 5). In this tweet he either teased a Smash news or genuinely sent a wrong tweet. From now on, the hell broke loose...

- ...especially because two days later he tweeted a backpedaling "I know absolutely nothing about Smash". Something that will come useful in a moment.

- On 16 August, during the Capcom Confidential podcast, Matt Walker got randomly questioned about Dante for Smash. In the meanwhile, the DMC5 leak got a lot of traction due to legit info getting slowly revealed (and consequently confirmed) to the public. His reaction was pretty odd, and the topic quickly changed. Maybe he slipped up, or maybe he was genuinely surprised.

- Few days later, on 24 August, Matt Walker deconfirmed Dante while responding a tweet. Some say its a straight up deconfirm, for others he's just trying to shut down the leak to keep the surprise. Its important to remember the following:
~ if Dante isn't in Smash, its a weird way to deconfirm. Mostly because having your character featured in Smash is always a good thing, so the usual answer is "I don't know", so at least the fan can keep speculating.
~ Lying about upcoming projects is allowed when you're under NDA. It happens every time within the entertainament industry, even in the gaming world. Specifically, the same Matt Walker lied about DMC5 not being in the works, so not only its a thing that happen very often but this very producer already did it in a recent past.
~ Matt Walker claimed to know nothing regarding Smash, and in the span of two weeks went to "know nothing" to straight up deconfirming Dante, just right after the Dante leak gained a lot of traction. From then on, Dante has been widely considered deconfirmed in Smash speculation, for obvious reasons.
~ taking a no for a yes is never a good move, even if the guy is a known liar/troll

- On 11 September, in a random 4chan thread this guy said Isabelle would be the next "newcomer" (not character or echo), and Dante being in the game. In this case its pretty obvious he's piggybacking Vergeben claim that Ken and Incineroar will be in the game, he just swapped the unconfirmed Square-Enix Rep for a less speculated character. Another lucky guess, but this time from a different guy, but I bet we can easily find a lot of other "screencap this post!" fake leaks that turned out to be, well, fake.

- Then the Smash Box theory sweep in, and that, if true, would basically deconfirm any other character, Dante included. As I'm writing this, even Vergeben is looking for confirmation whatever is true or not.
~ while Vergeben proved to be legit, up until now, regarding Smash leaks, we have to remember that he doesn't have the complete info. He didn't know about King K. Rool, Ritcher, Chrom and Dark Samus. He may have hearded of other characters, but if he didn't announced them its because he's not sure about them, like for the supposed Square-Enix rep.
~ Vergeben said he knew “half a dozen newcomers” left to be revealed, but he didn’t know who any of them were aside from Simon. If the box theory is right, we're missing one character from his claim (on top of the Square-Enix rep). (Simon+King K. Rool+Isabelle+Incineroar+Square-Enix Rep+???; Ken, Chrom and Dark Samus are echoes, not newcomers).

And here we are. But why is probably a fake?
Apophenia, mostly. While a lot of things seem to point at Dante inclusion, there's a small detail that make me think these coincidences are just, well, coincidences. And this small detail have a name: loz18.

For those who don't know him, loz18 is a guy who supposedly played the E3 Smash demo 20 hours prior the event, and leaked some details on gamefaq forum. From then on, he acted like a super duper insider with legit info regarding smash, but as time went on (and with the power of hindsight) everyone realized he's a fraud. But thanks to him, now smash speculation act like Skull Kid is basically a shoo-in for the game, just because he said he will be playable.
After this claim, smash speculation started one of the best history revisionism I've ever seen, along with the craziest theory the web ever hosted.
Ask anyone and they will tell you that:
- Skull Kid was wanted since Melee: but forgot to say "wanted" doesn't equal "hugely requested"; a single individual clamoring for him would make the statement technically true.
- Skull Kid is the most requested Legend of Zelda character: false. Impa, Pig Ganon, Midna and Wolf Link and even Ghirahim were more requested than him. Even in the recent Rate Their Chances thread Impa was at 38.98% while Skull Kid only at 19.17%, not to mention the old one (the one relevant during the ballot), where he was barely nominated. Hell, even Tetra and Toon Zelda scored better...
- Smash Ultimate cleary have a Heroes vs. Villains theme, so Skull Kid would be perfect for Young Link: even forgetting that even Young Link was more requested than Skull Kid, the Heroes vs. Villains was a fake leak that, by now, should already be considered debunked. We only have 2 HUGELY requested villains, the other are "normal Smash character". Unless Isabelle is an evil mastermind I'm unaware off...
- Skull Kid perform good in the ballot: first, you cannot know. Second, how? In the ballot, aside from joke votes (Goku, Shrek, anime character and so on), the clear winners were King K. Rool and Ridley. After them, all the veterans from old games (who always performed better then other newcomers in fan pools), and after them the characters we actually got (like Chrom, or Inklings), and after those the characters we thought had a shot but got deconfirmed (like Waluigi, Lyn, Captain Toad...), and finally very popular character whose fate is still unknown to us (like Dixie, Shadow, Geno...). Add all of them up, and do you honestly believe that Skull Kid performed better than, say, Snake? Or Bandana Dee? Or Impa (with Hyrule Warriors being a thing)? Or Wolf? Or Ice Climber? Or Daisy, Waluigi, Geno, and I could go on for a while. If, and only IF, he placed better than LITERALLY ANYONE ELSE (do you realize how many are left to share the remaining votes? Shantae, Shovel Knight, Bomberman, Simon, Isaac, Paper Mario, Rayman...), what's his actual placement? Number 25?
- Skull Kid have moveset potential: in a game where the director could create an interesting moveset for a dog whose main purpose is to laugh at the player, this is pretty irrilevant. Anyone can have moveset potential when sky is the limit.
- Skull Kid is popular: yes, because loz18 had legit info (he played the demo prior the direct), so people legitimately thought he had info, and since then he topped every fan pool. But those fan pools don't include all the character from above who are in game, deconfirmed, or yet to be revealed. Proof? Look at literally ANY prediction rooster prior loz18 (fake) leak: how many of them have Skull Kid in it? No, seriously, I would like to add some links here...
- And finally, my favourite: the chair theory. By far, the most asinine and insane theory I've ever heard. I don't think I've to explain why believing that two random chairs in the background are hints of, not even the actual character, but rather the two fairies that accompany him is something that most psychiatrist would classify as insanity. If you didn't googled the definition of apophenia before, it might be a good time to do now...

I want to clarify a small detail: I'm not saying Skull Kid won't or can't be in the game, but you can bet your ass that if he will be in it will be completly unrelated to the ballot, loz18 and the freaking chairs...
So, what all of this have to do with Dante?
Well, I strongly feel its the same exact situation. Its no secret that loz18 is a Skull Kid fan, and if you read the DMC5 leaker it appears pretty clear he's DMC enthusiast. So they both did the same thing.
They had legit info (played the demo/had info about DMC5), leaked it and gained a small reputation, then followed with a fake info/wishful thinking about their favourite character (Skull Kid/Dante) being in smash, and consequently that character gained traction to the point it went from completley absent from smash speculation to a pretty prominent one. In the case of Skull Kid it got a lot of attention due to being first party, the first newcomer in the Zelda franchise in ages, and a very "Sakuraish" choice, while Dante got at least discussed and considered for the rooster, much like Ryu was after the dataming of the Lucas/Roy/Ryu leak. Hell, he starting to get (fake) image leaks...
If DLC will be a thing (and probably will), those character might be considered thanks to their late spark of popularity.
By the way, I have to admit the DMC5 leaker reaaally did his homework to correctly piggybacking the first leak, the Vergeben MvC Infinite leak and included really a lot of details that others (fake) leakers never even think of. And Matt Walker was the perfect untrustworthy game developer to frame and make it seems likely.

Last two things before go. First, remember that everything I wrote is my speculation standpoint, I can be wrong on many things. That's why I tried to provide as much links as I could find and in chronological order, I wanted it to be as clear as possible, if I forgot something please let me now.
Second, as I'm writing this, another theory surfaced: the blog theory. In short, we might get 7-8 more characters before launch. This could possibly correlates with the CoroCoro 108 stage slip up, but I personally find hard to believe it, especially after Sakurai statement to not expect too many characters.

TL;DR: Dante got loz18ed. A real leaker lied about his smash inclusion to make the character prominent in the smash speculation, and consequently a possible candidate for the DLC.

EDIT: typos. God my english is terrible...

Last edited:

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
This could possibly correlates with the CoroCoro 108 stage slip up, but I personally find hard to believe it, especially after Sakurai statement to not expect too many characters.
Important to note. Melee had 14 newcomers total, counting Melee clones. We only have 9 currently for Ultimate. 5 more stages with the 108 total. 5 more characters. The fact that it lines up means it's something to keep in mind, though it isn't the end-all be-all. I can, with confidence, say that we're getting more than what the Box leak predicts. With echoes included, we're likely to get somewhere between Melee and Brawl's newcomers. So, somewhere between 14 and 18 including echoes. This would fit in to 'not expecting as many newcomers' as it'd still be less than Smash 4's lineup of newcomers. Likely less than Brawl too. If you're only expecting 12 characters total including echoes, I have a feeling you're going to be pleasantly surprised.

And another thing. The difference between loz18 and the DMC5 leaker is evident in just how they cropped up. loz18 was definitely, in part, doing it for the attention. He dragged his big-shot act out for months and months because people were believing him. He didn't have 'sources' or legit info past exactly what he played in the demo. The DMC5 leaker is anonymous, and hasn't given information that was flat-out false in any capacity that can be proven as of yet. He's never come back to claim ownership over the leak, and he got a bunch of details right. We can actually assume he has some connections at Capcom, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to get a lot of the finer details of that leak correct (and remember, the DMC5 presentation is in a couple of days at TGS, meaning we'll be getting a Dante trailer at the very least, possibly more. This leaves even more details to be confirmed:
-Shootie HG doing Dante's theme possibly.
-Dante's shop still being the Statues of Time.

I can't, for the life of me, understand why he would willingly put fake info into a real leak, especially when there was more to the second post than just 'Dante for Smash' and Vergil being planned in MvC:I. DMC4:SE coming to Switch was a huge part of that leak too, and it's not safe to just ignore it yet. A physical rerelease for a game like that, to promote the next game, isn't out of line with how Capcom does things, especially seeing as we didn't have physical versions of DMC4:SE before. Another important detail in the second post:
"On the other hand, I have no knowledge of Dante making any kind of appearance in Bayonetta 3 as a bonus boss or cameo like people seem to be suggesting. I'm not sure where this speculation came from but if it's happening then Reuben hasn't been contacted to reprise his role."

The leaker would have to know what Reuben has and hasn't been contacted for in some manner (if we are to believe that the second post is valid) which lends credence to the fact that this guy is legitimate in some fashion, and has connections at Capcom. Reuben would have to be contacted for Smash regardless, considering he also voices Ken, but depending on how close the leaker is, maybe he assumed the less likely option. Or, maybe we're getting both. We can't exactly say either way at the moment.

Conversely, it's important to note that we don't exactly know Vergeben's sources either. It's entirely possible that he's going off of VA's when he can, for characters that have historically had them, so Ken might be a fluke too, might not be. It's one of those things that we're going to have to sit on for a little bit and wait to see how it plays out.

Kamiya's regret in not having Bayonetta in Project X Zone 2, another multi-company crossover, which he's stated in an official interview, leads me to believe that there's more to it than just the Twitter poll in that regard. Project X Zone starred quite a few of the characters in Smash Ultimate that appear, either has playable characters (both of the Fire Emblem reps this time), as part of someone's final Smash (Fiora comes to mind), etc.

That's what makes me think this isn't another loz18 situation. Just because one 'leaker' was full of crap doesn't really mean that another, much more legitimate, as time has proven again and again, leaker is in the wrong as well. Especially because it's very clear this guy has gotten more than just demo copies of DMC5. He has to have actual connections to Capcom to get that sort of information in the first place, as only part of it could ever be confirmed by demos alone.

I'm not saying Dante is in, per se, but what I am saying is, despite all of the other Dante 'leaks' that have come out, we should at least sit on the only one that's had legitimate info for a while longer. We've probably got at least one more general Direct between now and the time Ultimate releases, we've got TGS's DMC5 panel and more coming up in a few days, and I remember hearing Nintendo would be at TGS. The DMC5 leaker definitely has some connections to Capcom if he isn't working there himself, and to dismiss him as 'just another loz18' when it's not even close to being a comparable situation strikes me as jumping the gun a bit.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Ignoring the topic on Dante's chances, what would you like to see represented from the series if he got in?

For music - Lock and Load, Ultra Violet, Taste The Blood (Or Divine Hate), Vergil 2, Devils Never Cry, Blackened Angel

Stage - Temen Ni Gru

Assist Trophy - Trish

Items - Yellow orbs which give you an extra stock

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
Ignoring the topic on Dante's chances, what would you like to see represented from the series if he got in?
Music:
DMC1 - Public Enemy, Lock and Load, Super Ultra Violet, Super Public Enemy
DMC2 - Shoot The Works, Assault (Infested Chopper)
DMC3 - Taste the Blood, Divine Hate, Cerberus Battle, Nevan Battle, Vergil Battle 1-3, Devils Never Cry, Arkham Battle 2.
DMC4 - Shall Never Surrender, Swipe of Sword, Lock and Load Remix (or Blackened Angel/Forza Del Destino), Science Will Never Die, Sworn Through Swords, Baroque and Beats
DMC5 - Devil Trigger, whatever Dante's theme is going to be.

Stage: Temen-Ni-Gru Top: The top of the tower from DMC3, where you first fight Vergil. Rain effects that start part way in, the statues on either side of the stage holding up platforms. Destructable a-la Bridge of Eldin or Luigi's Mansion

Assist Trophy - Vergil, Nero, or Lady all work, though I see Nero being potentially the most unique option of the three, as we already have a fast Swordswoman Assist (Lyn) and one that fires a huge amount of homing rockets (Jeff)

Items - Vital Star added as a consumable, or Holy Water which can be thrown and acts as a bomb, basically. Only this time, it damages people in the puddle it creates, which seeps over time.

Last edited:

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
If you're only expecting 12 characters total including echoes, I have a feeling you're going to be pleasantly surprised.
I hope you're right but we're 80 days till release, and I doubt we're gonna get a direct in October, probably just a huge smash focused direct in the first half of November. In that direct we will have the mysterious green mode, some info about online, everything regarding trophies and single player mode and maybe something more. I'm not expecting more than 2-3 characters there, but who knows.

And another thing. The difference between loz18 and the DMC5 leaker is evident in just how they cropped up. loz18 was definitely, in part, doing it for the attention. He dragged his big-shot act out for months and months because people were believing him. He didn't have 'sources' or legit info past exactly what he played in the demo. The DMC5 leaker is anonymous, and hasn't given information that was flat-out false in any capacity that can be proven as of yet. He's never come back to claim ownership over the leak, and he got a bunch of details right. We can actually assume he has some connections at Capcom, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to get a lot of the finer details of that leak correct
You're right, but in the meanwhile he exploited his attention to push his favourite character. While we can assume the DMC5 leaker didn't posted for the sake of the attention alone, I think we can agree he could have pulled this stunt for pushing his own character too. Is not a far fetched hypothesis after all, especially if you consider how Dante popularity increased since then.

(and remember, the DMC5 presentation is in a couple of days at TGS, meaning we'll be getting a Dante trailer at the very least, possibly more. This leaves even more details to be confirmed:
-Shootie HG doing Dante's theme possibly.
-Dante's shop still being the Statues of Time.
Don't expect a Smash trailer there. Its pretty clear they're gonna show smash only in Nintendo directs, but if Devil May Cry 4 get announced for the Switch (like the leaker said), then Dante's chances would skyrocket. Also, Dante already got his trailer, that included the "weird" utility weapon like nevan/lucifer that's based on his motorcycle the leaker claimed.
By the way, in the next 4 days we might get more info that further confirm the credibility of the leaker, something that would increase his chances as well.

Another important detail in the second post:
"On the other hand, I have no knowledge of Dante making any kind of appearance in Bayonetta 3 as a bonus boss or cameo like people seem to be suggesting. I'm not sure where this speculation came from but if it's happening then Reuben hasn't been contacted to reprise his role."
This, if my theory is correct, is a stroke of genius. Its a nigh perfect detail to add credibility to your fake leak, just look at the wording. "I have no knowledge of..." implies that he doesn't know, not that it can't happen. Bayonetta 3 is still in the working and the post dates back to 20 July, so it can STILL happen regardless (you don't add cameos before finishing the game first), and Reuben could be contacted later (I doubt a cameo/secret boss is gonna get a lot of lines).
The whole statement opens up so many possibilities and the leaker himself stated he's not some super elite industry insider, so can be read as "hey, I don't know everything, I'm just a guy with some info". In the (unfortunate) case that my theory is indeed correct, this guy is really the best fake leaker I've seen in years, mixing correct and made up info in such perfect balance while leaving open possibilities at the same time. Truly a masterpiece.

The leaker would have to know what Reuben has and hasn't been contacted for in some manner (if we are to believe that the second post is valid) which lends credence to the fact that this guy is legitimate in some fashion, and has connections at Capcom. Reuben would have to be contacted for Smash regardless, considering he also voices Ken, but depending on how close the leaker is, maybe he assumed the less likely option. Or, maybe we're getting both. We can't exactly say either way at the moment.

Conversely, it's important to note that we don't exactly know Vergeben's sources either. It's entirely possible that he's going off of VA's when he can, for characters that have historically had them, so Ken might be a fluke too, might not be. It's one of those things that we're going to have to sit on for a little bit and wait to see how it plays out.
We don't know Vergeben sources, but this has little to do with Smash. Ridley and Isabelle don't have real voice actors, I doubt they're his first source of informations.
About the bolded part, remember that the leaker said he saw the trailer, not that he heard that Dante was in the game. And he doesn't have real lines either, so I doubt there's a real connection here (he probably recognized Reuben's voice in the trailer while knew nothing about Ken).

Kamiya's regret in not having Bayonetta in Project X Zone 2, another multi-company crossover, which he's stated in an official interview, leads me to believe that there's more to it than just the Twitter poll in that regard. Project X Zone starred quite a few of the characters in Smash Ultimate that appear, either has playable characters (both of the Fire Emblem reps this time), as part of someone's final Smash (Fiora comes to mind), etc.
That's an interesting bit of information I forgot to put in my post. Kamiya wanted to do a real crossover game between Bayonetta and Dante, but never got the opportunity to do so. Also, crossover games rarely ends well unless they're fighting game (just look at Shinra Tensei x Fire Emblem). So he regretted not allowing Bayonetta in Project X Zone because his fans are clamoring for a Bayonetta X Dante crossover of some sort, but the point is that the latter is no longer his property. He could pull some strings to make it happen in Smash, and that's a plus, but ultimately not his choice.

That's what makes me think this isn't another loz18 situation. Just because one 'leaker' was full of crap doesn't really mean that another, much more legitimate, as time has proven again and again, leaker is in the wrong as well. Especially because it's very clear this guy has gotten more than just demo copies of DMC5. He has to have actual connections to Capcom to get that sort of information in the first place, as only part of it could ever be confirmed by demos alone.

I'm not saying Dante is in, per se, but what I am saying is, despite all of the other Dante 'leaks' that have come out, we should at least sit on the only one that's had legitimate info for a while longer. We've probably got at least one more general Direct between now and the time Ultimate releases, we've got TGS's DMC5 panel and more coming up in a few days, and I remember hearing Nintendo would be at TGS. The DMC5 leaker definitely has some connections to Capcom if he isn't working there himself, and to dismiss him as 'just another loz18' when it's not even close to being a comparable situation strikes me as jumping the gun a bit.
I want to be clear here. Even if my most wanted newcomer is Shantae, I still think Dante in smash would be the hypest addition to the rooster (bar Sora, maybe). And while I hope you're right and my theory is wrong, sadly we can't deny is still a possibility, but in the next few days at TGS we might get some juicy info that could help us to shred some light on the second half of his leak.

Items - Yellow orbs which give you an extra stock
For the love of god, no. I lost too many matches thanks to that stupid flag in smash 4...

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Music-
Vergil Battle 2 is a must. I've recently discovered the pachislot DMC game has a really good soundtrack, and I'd absolutely love it if this gem made the cut in a game that's actually good. Eva's theme got a super good remix on a recent official DMC cover album that I'd also love to hear in Smash.

Stage-
Temen Ni Gru top with Vergil boss

Assist Trophy - Trish or Lady

I'm not sure for items, but maybe Holy Water? The Yellow Orb also works, and possibly Untouchable from Devil May Cry 1. It'd be a better invincibility star that ups power but lasts less time.

UPDATE, sorry for double post: Dante leak is dead.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
UPDATE, sorry for double post: Dante leak is dead.

To be fair, the leak said Shootie HG fare, not that Shootie HG were doing his theme, but yeah, all but dead. And man, that tracks underwhelming.

Last edited:

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Ok, I needed 10 solid minutes to figure out that thing is supposed to be the new Dante theme in the next game. I may need an audiologist after that...

But back to the topic, as Aeon Lupin already said, the leaker claimed "Dante's battle theme is the typical Shootie HG fare", so either he got one detail wrong, was changed later in development, or maybe he's the most talented lucky guesser ever lived and this is where his career ends.

About Dante's chance to being in smash, this is a huge blow, cannot rule him out completely but almost...
I feel in the next days we will have stronger evidences, one way or another.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
All the literal damage that song could do to one's ears and soul aside, the leak makes whatever slim chance Dante had before even slimmer. That said, for those who still want to verify it further, here's every other piece of info from it that has yet to be verified:
  • Three scenarios in the game, one for each of the playable characters - Nero, Dante and V. They can be played in any order although Nero's happens first chronologically. An endgame scenario where all of them are playable in different missions is mentioned.
  • Vergil is not playable in the base game, but will likely get a DLC pack. Nero does get to use Yamato again.
  • V giving a different answer for his name whenever people ask him about it. He was adopted by Nico's family (Nero's partner) and has a spiritual connection to the demon world. He has similar tattoos to hers as a sign of appreciation.
  • Dante and V will save their game and upgrade stuff via classic Divinity statues.
  • Nero and Dante have alternate costumes; Nero gets his old DMC4 look, Dante gets an original design.
  • V has an orchestral rock theme.
  • A physical rerelease of DMC4 Special Edition will come out on the PS4, XBONE and Switch.
  • Dante is supposed to be a cameo in Bayonetta 3?
Dante gameplay's set to come out for TGS, so look out for any elaboration on those ends.

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
Devil Trigger, whatever Dante's theme is going to be.
Oh GOD I take that one back, no thank you, just Devil Trigger is fine. I seriously hope Shootie HG remixes the track into being actually salvageable, because that Dante theme is hot garbage.

Back to the topic at hand, though.
That's still not a Dante-centric trailer though. I meant that at TGS we're getting one that isn't a majority of Nero. Sorry if it wasn't clear what I meant.

But back to the topic, as Aeon Lupin already said, the leaker claimed "Dante's battle theme is the typical Shootie HG fare", so either he got one detail wrong, was changed later in development, or maybe he's the most talented lucky guesser ever lived and this is where his career ends.
If I were to guess, there's a good chance that the leaker might not have heard the vocal version. The dynamic music thing means that if you're bad at Devil May Cry 5, you're more likely to not hear the vocals. The leaker never said he was exactly good at Devil May Cry, and he never claimed the opposite either. Or, some people are speculating that Shootie might be doing a remix of it and this is just the raw, unedited (and badly mixed) audio. Again, I'm going to hold out for Saturday, when they're supposed to release the new trailer.

When is Capcom's TGS panel anyway?
Saturday for the DMC stuff, IIRC. Don't know about the other games or dates.

Dante is supposed to be a cameo in Bayonetta 3?
Might. Might not. That one, the leaker says 'Reuben hasn't been hired on to it as far as I know.'
The rest of what you quoted is accurate to the leak, and I hope to god it's accurate to the game. V does have a bunch of tattoos, that much has been leaked out video-wise, so, maybe.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
The track is so bad, it completely overrides any disappointment I have over it debunking the Dante leak. It's even worse the more I hear it.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
If Shootie somehow manages to remix this then I guess it wouldn't be too bad of a strike against it.

This music was so hilariously awful I think it killed all my hype for Dante in general.

Can we rename this to be about Nero now?

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
The track is so bad, it completely overrides any disappointment I have over it debunking the Dante leak. It's even worse the more I hear it.
If Shootie somehow manages to remix this then I guess it wouldn't be too bad of a strike against it.

This music was so hilariously awful I think it killed all my hype for Dante in general.

Nah, just cleanse your palettes with some good ol' tracks.

If the track doesn't get completely removed just due to the HUGE backlash it's causing right now and has been since the first hour after its release (look at that Like/Dislike when you can), at least we can mod the game with something like, say...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFo5NzCdtUw

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I don't know what's a bigger blow to Dante's chances; the leak falling apart or that "song" inducing headaches.

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
Okay, update. Song got taken down, meaning they're probably changing it. Either they're going to fix the mixing and remove the vocals, or get a new song all together. They also put it up front and center that we're getting music packs from the past 4 games.

That said, Dante's actual trailer, news of co-op, and Nero's Mega Buster have quickly restored some amount of hype for this game. Lady looks a little off (I think it's mostly the hair) but other than that, DMC5 still looks good. One song won't be a deal breaker, especially when I have the option to just use a song from a prior game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay, update. Song got taken down, meaning they're probably changing it. Either they're going to fix the mixing and remove the vocals, or get a new song all together. They also put it up front and center that we're getting music packs from the past 4 games.

That said, Dante's actual trailer, news of co-op, and Nero's Mega Buster have quickly restored some amount of hype for this game. Lady looks a little off (I think it's mostly the hair) but other than that, DMC5 still looks good. One song won't be a deal breaker, especially when I have the option to just use a song from a prior game.
Yeah the deluxe edition giving a custom soundtrack really looks appealling if we can get rid of that ****ing garbage

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Ok, this topic went from "hey, Dante might be in smash, that's cool!" to "Oh my god, kill it! KILL IT WITH FIRE!" in a matter of hours. All thanks to a song (term used very loosely here).
I have a bit to catch on, so...

here's every other piece of info from it that has yet to be verified:
  • Three scenarios in the game, one for each of the playable characters - Nero, Dante and V. They can be played in any order although Nero's happens first chronologically. An endgame scenario where all of them are playable in different missions is mentioned.
  • Vergil is not playable in the base game, but will likely get a DLC pack. Nero does get to use Yamato again.
  • V giving a different answer for his name whenever people ask him about it. He was adopted by Nico's family (Nero's partner) and has a spiritual connection to the demon world. He has similar tattoos to hers as a sign of appreciation.
  • Dante and V will save their game and upgrade stuff via classic Divinity statues.
  • Nero and Dante have alternate costumes; Nero gets his old DMC4 look, Dante gets an original design.
  • V has an orchestral rock theme.
  • A physical rerelease of DMC4 Special Edition will come out on the PS4, XBONE and Switch.
  • Dante is supposed to be a cameo in Bayonetta 3?
- We will be able to confirm this only when the game is finished, not even eventual demos would matter in that regard.
- Apparently, Vergil was in the old leaked video I linked here, but was taken off. For those who missed the video, a cloaked figure ripped off Nero's arm and turned it into the Yamato. That figure strongly resambled Vergil, so maybe he will be a pseudo villain and will get the DLC treatment later like the leaker said.
- This is something we might verify this week.
- Same.
- Alternate costumes are an easy guess, pretty much like saying that'll be trophies in smash ultimate; Nero and Dante design are already confirmed (but were easy guess too).
- After that "song" I'm not even sure what to think about this one...
- That would be an easy guess if it wasn't for the Switch part; if Devil May Cry 4 debuts on the Nintendo Dante's chance would skyrocket regardless. Keep in mind that Sakurai have a magical touch that transforms even rotten franchise in fan favourite: its not a case that after Cloud has been added to the rooster Nintendo/Square-Enix relationship grew stronger, and now we have several old Playstation exclusive Final Fantasy titles coming to the Switch; same with Megaman, and remember that the whole reason we have Fire Emblem in the weast is thanks to Marth and Roy being added in Melee.
- Hideki Kamiya wanted a crossover between Dante and Bayonetta, but we still know next to nothing regarding Bayonetta 3. Even the leaker claimed to be clueless about it.

Oh GOD I take that one back, no thank you, just Devil Trigger is fine. I seriously hope Shootie HG remixes the track into being actually salvageable, because that Dante theme is hot garbage.
I hope Shootie have some sort of magical power, because that song gave me nightmares last night. I don't recall a soundtrack from a videogame reaching such like/dislike ratio in a matter of hours...

If I were to guess, there's a good chance that the leaker might not have heard the vocal version. The dynamic music thing means that if you're bad at Devil May Cry 5, you're more likely to not hear the vocals. The leaker never said he was exactly good at Devil May Cry, and he never claimed the opposite either.
So this is actually a game mechanic? The better you perform, the louder that song plays in the background to annoy and distract you? I guess if you score a perfect combo Justin Bieber songs will start playing too...

Before that song I was about to post on how many good soundtracks Devil May Cry could add to Smash, but that abomination was so comically terrible that doesn't even sound like a real song, more like a parody of heavy metal that you would expect from a B movie. I mean, could this get any worse?..

...oh my God, I WAS KIDDING, OK?

I don't know what's a bigger blow to Dante's chances; the leak falling apart or that "song" inducing headaches.
Dante's chance is slimmer, but not an actual 0, only Assist Trophies have that "luxury". Truth be told, Vergeben is the most reliable leaker right now regarding Smash, and even he have a spotty record overall. One single feature wrong in a whole leak with several confirmed points doesn't deconfirm it entirely, the problem is Devil May Cry being featured in Smash was a slim chance already, so we actually jumped from 10% to like 4%...
Next days will be tough...

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Forgot to give my support for Dante too. Right after Isaac he would be one of my favorites to make his way into smash.
I hope if he hopefully makes it in that we can expect things like Nero and/or Vergil as AT and awesome DMC music (hopefully the DMC5 Devil Trigger is also in since I can't live without it at this point :D).
And somehow for some reason I already got the feeling that if he makes his way in, he will be Top Tier just because of the style smirk

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I still think Dante might be a pretty likely DLC candidate, since his inclusion in the base game is almost assuredly not happening. A sudden boost in popularity, DMC5 being relevant around this time, and Sakurai potentially willing to bring him in as a favor to Kamiya. He might have more of a chance than other Capcom reps such as Phoenix Wright and the like, at least for now.

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
So this is actually a game mechanic? The better you perform, the louder that song plays in the background to annoy and distract you? I guess if you score a perfect combo Justin Bieber songs will start playing too...
It works exactly as the leak describes it. Higher ranks give you more music, S rank skips to the chorus as you're fighting. It works when the song is actually good, as shown here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZdyeCRgus

EDIT:
Well, we're getting Dante gameplay already. Divinity Statue is confirmed for Dante, so that's another one off the DMC5 leak. We might also get even more info tonight at the TGS panel in like, 4 hours or so. So stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGyYhPg0l-g
Here's the Dante gameplay, if anyone needs/wants it.

EDIT2:
ALSO, THEY'RE REPLACING SUBHUMAN AND USED DEVIL TRIGGER AS A STANDIN. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Holy crap that's a fast turnaround. Hopefully they manage to get a new theme for Dante by the time the game's out. If not I'll use something from 1-4 for him. Devil Trigger is definitely meant for Nero.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Unless his replacement theme is mindblowing I'll probably use Taste the Blood or DNC regardless.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I'm loving the additions to Gunslinger, and did I just see mini Nelo Angelos? Also, glad style switching is back. I had some worry they'd go back how 3 did it.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I'm a huge fan of Kamiya and I would love to see more of his creations join the fight.

Dante specifically is not my favorite, I'd rather see Amaterasu or Viewtiful Joe appear next. But I wouldn't be opposed to Dante either. There's no doubt his moveset would be wild and he'd bring some incredible music in as well.

Last edited:

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
I clicked on this thread hoping it was a newcomer speculation thread for Dante the street dog from Coco...

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm a huge fan of Kamiya and I would love to see more of his creations join the fight.

Dante specifically is not my favorite, I'd rather see Amaterasu or Viewtiful Joe appear next. But I wouldn't be opposed to Dante either. There's no doubt his moveset would be wild and he'd bring some incredible music in as well.
If you wanna see some good Viewtiful Joe stuff, check me out on the Dungeons & Dragons wiki.

Top Bottom