• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

Momentary

Smash Cadet
Ah. Vindication is bliss. I may have preferred a fighter by a mile, but honestly I wanted a Tekken rep as much as Dante and I'm full and content with being right that DMC was bound to get content eventually in some form. It also is pure bliss because I no longer have a need or desire to continue with Smash spec and I can move on with a chapter in my life.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I guess the theory about Capcom not wanting to be part of other company's season passes (not wanting money splitting) was likely true. No Resident Evil, no Devil May Cry, no Monster Hunter. Sad days.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
that's a rumor? I guess it's true Capcom's guest appearances in other games so far haven't been in season passes as far as I can remember.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I guess the rumor about Capcom not wanting to be part of other company's season passes (not wanting money splitting) was likely true. No Resident Evil, no Devil May Cry, no Monster Hunter. Sad days.
Huh? do you have a source for this rumor? may i please check it

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Aside from that being a rumor, it's not wise to sleep on certain other Capcom franchises.
I didn't take it as a fact though, only noted that the basis of the rumor, to my knowledge so far, doesn't conflict with how Capcom has operated. It's just one of those things to keep in mind while speculation keeps going on.
Gotta say though, while disappointed of Dantes fate, I'm kinda surprised the series was aknowledged even though its not getting a rep. I always saw DMC as one of those IPs you'd either see flat out get a fighter or be ignored completely.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I feel like if Devil May Cry came out on Gamecube back in the day instead of just PS2, it would have had a bigger presence among Nintendo fans. Most Nintendo only gamers never played a Devil May Cry game till recently, and it was basically a Sony exclusive for years.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by to leave my condolences. I'm sorry the reveal of the Mii Costumes. I thought that Dante would happen in Ultimate but not in this way. It isn't a defeat entirely though, he got in and mentioned as requested by Sakurai. That is a fact that is sure to bring attention and maybe one day be seriously a factor in the future.

Stay strong guys and hope for the best in the future.

:bowser:.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Oops, I meant theory, not rumor. Whoops, lol.

I feel like there was something said about it somewhere, but I don't remember where the theory originated.

Last edited:

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
There's one positive for having a DMC1 Dante mii costume in Smash: I get to make Viewtiful Joe Dante. The second pic is a reference to the Red Hot Rumble stage where you fight on a plane similar to the one in Smash (should've taken a better picture tbh. I also forgot to add Silvia.).
E5HCLbXVcAANtlB.jpg E5HCLawVEAAdBvP.jpg

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Somebody actually modded Dante into Project M, and the creation and application of his moveset is pretty good.
Welp. It was a good run. Unfortunate, but now I can finally move on from Smash, although I will try out Dante in Project M on my personal time. I've been playing plenty of DMC4 recently, and it's been a blast. As a final goodbye to this franchise, here is a DMC5 combo video I made years ago.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Welp. It was a good run. Unfortunate, but now I can finally move on from Smash, although I will try out Dante in Project M on my personal time. I've been playing plenty of DMC4 recently, and it's been a blast. As a final goodbye to this franchise, here is a DMC5 combo video I made years ago.

Concept looks good, but won't lie when I say he looks clunky as hell in Brawl's engine
That's precisely why I'm so bummed about his exclusion, with characters like Shadow and Lloyd I can just sorta pray they make them justice in the future as mods due to how relatively easier they would be to make than Dante, who you could make a bazillion movesets from yet they somehow would still lack a bit of his depth.
In short, he'd look amazing in game if he was an actual DLC because of how talented Sakurai's team is at making versatile & complicated/complex characters, but I just can't picture a modder doing the same since it would take way too much effort.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I think the problem is a lot of those moves are based on the old PS2 animations and the really really bad transplant of Dante's Marvel 3 animations into Brawl, which is a mod that uh, is not great. It's a good concept, though the style switching is kinda uh wack, it just needs slightly snappier animation, especially to fit into Project M. He'd probably look right at home in regular Brawl though.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So, uh, I gotta admit. I've been trying to think of a series emblem for Dante, but I just got nothing. I'd rather it not be a sword, but you definitely can't use the sexy lady silhoutte from the DMC logo either. Anybody have an idea?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, uh, I gotta admit. I've been trying to think of a series emblem for Dante, but I just got nothing. I'd rather it not be a sword, but you definitely can't use the sexy lady silhoutte from the DMC logo either. Anybody have an idea?
I mean, why would the silhouette be off limits? It's just Trish iirc and the pose is incredibly tame

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Can't have kiddies looking at sensual poses and realizing butts and mammaries exist
You realize that the pose in question is so tame that it wouldn't really be seen as too sensual, right?
logo___devil_may_cry_by_convalise_d53rlz4-fullview.png

How is this so sexual that even Bayo's win screen where she says "Don't make me beg" with her sticking her ass up seems tame in comparison?

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I have been working on a Vergil set. People familiar with my Dante know that I originally used Rebellion as the symbol, but I realize I can't do that anymore. I took the letters 'D' 'M' and 'C' from the neon sign, which looks to be remaining in the series, as the Trish symbol which is nowhere to be seen in 5. I also made sure that all the letters were to scale so that the M wasn't lowercase, because that's a reboot thing.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom