• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Sooo, after the TGS what can we add to the DMC5 leaker credibility?
We learned that Dante save spots are the statues like he claimed, but that was an easy guess (unlike Nero's hotspots).
Anything new that I've missed?

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Yeah, don't think a "DMC buff" as he claimed to be would mistake... that for a Shootie HG song.

Last edited:

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
What he was right about: Statue of Time for Dante.
What he was wrong about: Shootie HG song. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say maybe he heard just the instrumental. We don't know what his source was, so it's possible.

I'm going to wait and see with V's theme and gameplay. He seems to be right with the whole 'every character gets 10 missions thing,' given Dante's demo starts at Mission 11 (and that seems to be the start of Dante's journey given the whole 'waking up' line) and the Nero demo was Mission 2. Mission 1 is likely a prologue, and might give you free choice on who you choose.

So, to recap:

What he's gotten undeniably right so far:
-Character upgrades for Dante and Nero. No confirmation on V yet.
-Training room.
-Dynamic music and how it works.

What's on the edge of being confirmed or deconfirmed:
-(Possibly) three scenarios, with Nero's taking place first chronologically, with 10 missions each.
-V using Statues of Time.
-V's music being orchestral rock. (Which we do know is one of the genres the game draws from, as the Cavalier Angelo fight shows. Rock + Violins is a thing in the game, but we don't know if V's theme has the same motif.)
-V's weapon and gameplay style revolving around summoning.

Will not know until launch, most likely:
-Vergil not in base game as a playable character.
-Nero using Yamato again (it was stored in the arm that got ripped off in the E3 trailer, so maybe.)
-V giving a different answer for his name each time.
-DMC4:SE on Switch, Xbox One, and PS4 with a physical release.
-Final missions being able to play as any of them.
-Alternate costumes.

Not mentioned:
-V's book
-V's crow friend
-Plot details
-Network multiplayer (confirmed on every store, may just not have known about it.)

Unable to be confirmed:
-Vergil was scrapped for MvCI

Wrong:
-Dante's theme being Shootie HG (though, this might actually come true after the fact, solely because Shootie is actually trying to get a hold of the people working on DMC5 to do Dante's theme, so this might end up being retroactively true, though it certainly wasn't planned.)

The next big trade show/place where they might show stuff off is Paris Games Week, in October. I doubt Playstation Experience in December is going to have anything on it, as Microsoft is paying for the marketing. The Game Awards in December might also have something on it.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
You know, this guy may very well be legit when it comes to DMC5, but it's entirely possible he fabricated the Smash bit just to give himself more notoriety. To me, it doesn't mean much. And I'm going to completely disregard the training mode part of his leak. That was one of the more well received elements of DmC and there have been mods implemented for it in DMC4SE, so it isn't a leap to suggest they'd add it for 5.

Last edited:

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
You know, this guy may very well be legit when it comes to DMC5, but it's entirely possible he added the Smash bit just to give himself more notoriety. To me, it doesn't mean much. And I'm going to completely disregard the training mode part of his leak. That was one of the more well received elements of DmC and there have been mods implemented for it in DMC4SE, so it isn't a leap to suggest they'd add it for 5.
It may not have been a leap, but it being exactly like it was in DmC with an endless plain as opposed to being the Bloody Palace area is something of note. Once again, V's probably going to make or break this leak, and we're going to have to wait until at least October, probably longer, to get any substantial news on him.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
It may not have been a leap, but it being exactly like it was in DmC with an endless plain as opposed to being the Bloody Palace area is something of note. Once again, V's probably going to make or break this leak, and we're going to have to wait until at least October, probably longer, to get any substantial news on him.
Like I said, I do think this guy has some connections and info for DMC5. With how bad the security for that game is, it's not a leap. The thing is he could've very likely added the Dante for Smash bit just to give himself more attention.

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
Like I said, I do think this guy has some connections and info for DMC5. With how bad the security for that game is, it's not a leap. The thing is he could've very likely added the Dante for Smash bit just to give himself more attention.
I'm not going to deny that's a possibility, but it's just something we'll have to wait and see. The second post is kind of dubious in that one of the points can't be confirmed (or rather, likely won't be), one of them is tied directly to 'we might not hear about this for a while,' and two of them are tied to completely different games with different release dates.

Last edited:

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
So, to recap:

What's on the edge of being confirmed or deconfirmed:
-(Possibly) three scenarios, with Nero's taking place first chronologically, with 10 missions each.
-V using Statues of Time.
-V's music being orchestral rock. (Which we do know is one of the genres the game draws from, as the Cavalier Angelo fight shows. Rock + Violins is a thing in the game, but we don't know if V's theme has the same motif.)
-V's weapon and gameplay style revolving around summoning.
The three scenarios seems to be a thing though. I kinda hoped we would learn more about V (both for DMC5 and Smash leak perspective), but even if we don't know anything regarding his gameplay his "crow" seems to point toward a possible summoning skill of some sort. I wouldn't be surprise if he doesn't actually get an orchestral rock as music theme, maybe their plans for the soundtrack changed over time, but after the debacle that was the Subhuman song they may change it to some more traditional fare at the last minute.

Will not know until launch, most likely:
-Vergil not in base game as a playable character.
-Nero using Yamato again (it was stored in the arm that got ripped off in the E3 trailer, so maybe.)
-V giving a different answer for his name each time.
-DMC4:SE on Switch, Xbox One, and PS4 with a physical release.
-Final missions being able to play as any of them.
-Alternate costumes.
Almost any of these will need the game to be released in order to be confirmed/deconfirmed, sadly. Physical releases for DMC4:SE are not a lock, remember the leaker just said "expect". Altough, if Dante is really in Smash, Capcom may wait until he's actually revealed before announcing the Switch version, otherwise they could spoil the surprise.

Not mentioned:
-V's book
-V's crow friend
-Plot details
-Network multiplayer (confirmed on every store, may just not have known about it.)
He never said he knew everything about the game, the more I reread his post the more it sound like an intern who stumbled in the editing room. Network multiplayer seems interesting though.

Unable to be confirmed:
-Vergil was scrapped for MvCI
This is actually an interesting bit, problem is we will never be able to confirm it. We may ask to Vergeben, but even if we manage to get a positive answer from him we still won't have an actual proof, just his word.

Wrong:
-Dante's theme being Shootie HG (though, this might actually come true after the fact, solely because Shootie is actually trying to get a hold of the people working on DMC5 to do Dante's theme, so this might end up being retroactively true, though it certainly wasn't planned.).
One thing he got undeniably wrong. So out of 12 statements, he got 1 wrong, 1 we cannot confirm/deny, 4 totally right, 1 half right (about V looks, but the summoning part still need confirmation) and 5 still in the dark, Smash trailer included. Which lead me to...

The next big trade show/place where they might show stuff off is Paris Games Week, in October. I doubt Playstation Experience in December is going to have anything on it, as Microsoft is paying for the marketing. The Game Awards in December might also have something on it.
I highly doubt they will show something interesting there, maybe some more gameplay but that's about it. So, whats seems to be the general opinion about the DMC5 leaker here? As Aeon Lupin said:

I do think this guy has some connections and info for DMC5. The thing is he could've very likely added the Dante for Smash bit just to give himself more attention.
I'm still on my "loz18 strategy" idea, the leaker really had DMC5 info and made up Smash related stuff, but rather that doing for attention he did for pushing his favourite character chances to be in Smash (at least for DLC). What do you guys think? Full legit? Full Fraud? Half and half?

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
I highly doubt they will show something interesting there, maybe some more gameplay
If we're to believe trailers from DMC5 are following a pattern, we're very likely to get a hint of V gameplay, just like we did a bit of Dante gameplay at the end of the second Nero trailer. That alone could help us determine if summoning is part of his gameplay or not.

Overall, I think this is something we still have to sit on for a month or two more.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’d definitely love to see Dante to make it in Smash and if not base roster, maybe DLC with the hope of Vergil or Nero being his echo and I figure that Devil Trigger would most likely be his Final Smash.

okay maybe not Vergil or Nero being echoes, but assist trophies instead... :demon:

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I’d definitely love to see Dante to make it in Smash and if not base roster, maybe DLC with the hope of Vergil or Nero being his echo and I figure that Devil Trigger would most likely be his Final Smash.
Vergil and Nero can't be echoes. They are vastly different from Dante.

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
I could see a Trish echo that uses Sparda, Luce & Ombra, depending on what kit they give Dante if he makes it in, though even that's a bit of a stretch.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I could see a Trish echo that uses Sparda, Luce & Ombra, depending on what kit they give Dante if he makes it in, though even that's a bit of a stretch.
Assuming Dante would only use Rebellion and Ebony and Ivory, that's pretty possible. We can see from Devil May Cry 5 gameplay that Sparda has quite a lot of the same moves as Rebellion.

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
We can see from Devil May Cry 5 gameplay that Sparda has quite a lot of the same moves as Rebellion.
Even past that, DMC4:SE Trish has a lot of Dante's moves from DMC1, IIRC, combo-wise, when wielding Sparda. The main difference is that, on top of that, she gets to throw the sword out a lot more as a projectile too. If they give Dante a pair of gauntlets and grieves, a lot of Trish's bare knuckle moveset works for that, too.

She even gets to wield Pandora in DMC4:SE, so her being an echo actually makes a lot of sense, now that I think about it, especially because Pandora gives her even more of the same moves.

See for yourself.

Alternatively, we could get a Sparda echo based on the playable appearance in DMC1, where he got his own unique dialogue.

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Yeah I only played as Trish for a bit in DMC4SE but I forgot she has Pandora and the brawler set. Dante could totally bring along Gilgamesh(or any gauntlets) and Pandora and it'd still work with Trish.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, even just with Rebellion and E&I, he has more than enough to form a moveset. The only way I see Beowulf getting in is in a form change type scenario.

That or if you wanna get complex, give him a bit of DMC1 flavor and give him Round Trip. While Rebellion's spinning he could switch to the gauntlets.

Tinymo

Smash Rookie
Honestly a part of me really hopes this comes true as a massive Devil May Cry fan Dante is my favourite video game character of all time. I doubt that he'll be in the base game (unless those leaks do prove to be real) but his chances of being DLC have skyrocketed massively i don't have much to input here but I just wanted to comment and possibly spark disscusion

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
I doubt that he'll be in the base game (unless those leaks do prove to be real) but his chances of being DLC have skyrocketed massively i don't have much to input here but I just wanted to comment and possibly spark disscusion
I was thinking a similar thing today. I've a feeling DLC will be a bit different from the Smash 4 model, specifically I think they may release singular guest character over time instead of DLC pack with 3 characters, stages, Mii costumes and so on.

For example Dante, Sora, Banjo & Kazooie, and similar characters that can easily sell themselves without the need o being included in a season pass. That would exclude "lesser" character, but considering the cost of making even a single one of them it may be the case.
If that's true, maybe the DMCV leaker have seen the trailer for Dante because he will be one of the first characters release.

By the way, in order to further confirm/deconfirm the legitimacy of said leaker we have to wait the Paris Game Week or there are some gaming event were DMCV may be shown?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
My gut tells me they're gonna take a season structure towards DLC, like Tekken 7, SFV, FighterZ, etc

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm not really familiar on those, how do they work?
A season is around a year that has a specific amount of DLC released in it every month or 2 months until the end of the year.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
My gut tells me they're gonna take a season structure towards DLC, like Tekken 7, SFV, FighterZ, etc
This should be the platform Nintendo and Sora take up. It was understandable WiiU/3ds only had about a year of dlc, but it was the first Smash with DLC content and on a system that was on its way out. Ultimate and the Switch are in a very different place.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
A year has a specific amount of DLC released in it every month or 2 months until the end of the year.
There's also usually multiple seasons of DLC. Street Fighter is heading into it's fourth, Tekken is on it's second, Dragon Ball FighterZ has a second confirmed, Killer Instinct had 3. And Mahvel had 1 with a second cancelled

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
Okay, update for everyone here. I was browsing 4chan's /v/ board today and the most potentially amazing thing happened. The DMC5 leaker seems to have come back. Nobody has come before this guy claiming to be him, and he has a very similar way of typing, and the info seems to be more or less congruent. I'll let you all judge for yourselves, but it's pretty astonishing as a development if true.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433667198
(Active link for the thread)

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/433667198/
(Archive link)
I'm here for this live, I'll tell what's happening after it's all over.

I wish there was a way to @ people on this forum, but I'll cover it as best I can, and will be asking the OP many questions of my own.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Okay, update for everyone here. I was browsing 4chan's /v/ board today and the most potentially amazing thing happened. The DMC5 leaker seems to have come back. Nobody has come before this guy claiming to be him, and he has a very similar way of typing, and the info seems to be more or less congruent. I'll let you all judge for yourselves, but it's pretty astonishing as a development if true.

(Archive link)

I wish there was a way to @ people on this forum, but I'll cover it as best I can.
Ha, don't believe everything.
4chan's made for hoaxes like these.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink

(Archive link)

I wish there was a way to @ people on this forum, but I'll cover it as best I can, and will be asking the OP many questions of my own.
Fake.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/424869809/

There's the original. He never mentions Alastor. It's an impersonator. Someone getting their leaks mixed up.

Last edited:

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
Fake.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/424869809/

There's the original. He never mentions Alastor. It's an impersonator.
I'm going to question him on it instead of outright dismissing him. I want to see what he says and there's no reason to not ask him and potentially BTFO him as a fake.

EDIT: Says it was a different thread, seeing if he has a link. I'm not ready to dismiss it outright, because the guy probably still uses the board normally too when he's not making threads, but a lack of proof will definitely be a knock against it. We obviously can't prove things one way or another, but it's just more **** to put on the 'wait and see' burner.

I asked for clarification on the trailer stuff, about DMC4:SE, and if he knew about DMC5's co-op or not. I received a few answers that'll be in the archive if you want to look at them. Even if this guy is fake, it's important to have these details straight so we can line them up later.

EDIT2: Might've caught him specifically on the DMC4:SE rerelease info.

Last edited:

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
Well, even if that was fake, it was fun enough as an experience. I had nothing better to do. I'm going to keep this archive link saved for later just in case.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527

(Archive link)

That's funny, lol. I think he is an impersonator as ThatShadowLink said, but in the original leak somebody mention Alastor desing, maybe he thought it was the actual leaker who said that. His wording seems to be a bit different from the original one, but of course is a bit hard to say with just some random posts on 4chan.

What I actually loled was the fact he's piggybacking ME, specifically when I supposed the original DMCV leaker piggybacked another (confirmed fake) leak about Dante so I deducted:

"In particular I'll say that if you're a fan of Robin or Lucina, you'll probably be pretty ****ing salty at their treatment in Dante's trailer, especially if you're a shipperfag. I couldn't tell you when or where they're going to show these trailers but they're all very much finished"
When the DMCV leaker describes the trailer he just says "what I think is one of the Fire Emblem characters being attacked by a giant dragon", and while many speculated a Lucina vs Rathalos situation, it could also be Lucina vs Grima, aka "Dark Robin", which could also be very fitting considering he is a demon more than a dragon, the kind of enemy Dante usually face. The finale of the supposed trailer would kinda be a slap in the face for the RobinXLucina shipping.
Maybe the DMCV leaker really piggybacked the first leaker just to troll someone, and considering he posted 4 days after that, it may be the case.
Emphasis on the bolded part. Now look here, where he says "The other characters had blue and white hair, that much I remember". So basically Chrom, Lucina and Robin vs a "much larger and more evil looking " dragon, a nice throwback to Awakening and in the meanwhile very fitting for a Dante trailer.

Hell, he even said And no, the dragon in the trailer isn't a Rathalos, come on...I'm sure I'd recognize that, just as I speculated here:

- as usual, the devil is in the details: he said Fire Emblem character being attacked by a "giant dragon"; as he said he isn't a "Nintendo guy" its plausible he didn't recognize the FE characters, but that dragon is strongly implied to be the Rathalos (who, at that time, wasn't yet revealed to be a boss/AT), so how such a DMC/Capcom enthusiast cannot recognize him?
The cherry on top is when he mentions the DmC version being playable in Smash...you know, like Robertman2 also posted?

I bet the guy is fake, but honestly I never thought someone would actually read this topic and piggyback our theories/speculation! XD

JustinTheGuy

Smash Cadet
I bet the guy is fake, but honestly I never thought someone would actually read this topic and piggyback our theories/speculation!
Well, he can't get it from a place like GameFAQs because he would have to dig, and this thread is relatively unpopulated, so it's honestly the best option if they wanted to fake it.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Well, he can't get it from a place like GameFAQs because he would have to dig, and this thread is relatively unpopulated, so it's honestly the best option if they wanted to fake it.
You know what? After reading this comment I'm starting to think he may be the actual DMCV leaker. Especially after reading this other comment, where he says he usually present legit info as fan theories.

If my original theory is true, this guy is a real DMC/Capcom enthusiast who like to chill on 4chan topics about his favourite games, only to sometimes drop some info to genuinely get people hyped. Add all it up, and he may realistically released legit info about DMCV while also adding a supposed Dante Trailer for Smash, to push his favourite character even more. Really did his homework about how he presented it, and even followed a Smashboard topic on Dante to add some juicy details here and there, like the dragon being Grima and the characters the Awakening trio.

Is this one of his "fan theories", or is a real fan theory? Is that why he said to keep pushing for Dante for Smash (what's the point if he already included)?
Dunno, but piggybacking people who tried to calmly break down your leak (instead of the usual swirling chaos that follow other leaks) is something definitely something new.
If you are reading this, bravo. I totally fell for the first description of the trailer.

Tinymo

Smash Rookie
As stated not here to provid my like take or knowledge (because i have none) but there are two things i'd like to say number 1 is just a fun idea i had for Vergil as an Echo (even tho he's more likely as an assist or boss) but they could give him his Force Edge Yamato Combo thing he had in 3 and 4 SE he does use most of Dante's moves like stinger and if dante has gauntlets they could always give him Beowolf but that's as far as my idea goes Second thing i recall seing this Music Leak that had a Song for Dante called Devil Hunter not sure if it's been debunked yet but it got took down for copyright and i dont recall that song being used in Devil May Cry

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Second thing i recall seing this Music Leak that had a Song for Dante called Devil Hunter not sure if it's been debunked yet but it got took down for copyright and i dont recall that song being used in Devil May Cry
I guess you're referring to this (you can find it in the Matt Walker tweet.

I usually only believe what I can see with my own eyes, such as the prediction of Dante's motorcycle weapon, so I'll discard this supposed soundtrack. Its too easy to fake it with few minutes of photoshop, until I can actually see proof of the removed video I'll just assume is a fake (probably unrelated to the DMCV leaker).

Last edited:

Tinymo

Smash Rookie
I guess you're referring to this (you can find it in the Matt Walker tweet.

I usually only believe what I can see with my own eyes, such as the prediction of Dante's motorcycle weapon, so I'll discard this supposed soundtrack. Its too easy to fake it with few minutes of photoshop, until I can actually see proof of the removed video I'll just assume is a fake (probably unrelated to the DMCV leaker).
I had a screenshot somewhere on my phone but it is charging so gimme a sec
but i'm sure if you look you can find it also should point out the claim was supposedly by nintendo

Last edited:
Top Bottom