• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

StormC

Smash Hero
I had a dream last night that Dante was in.

A lot of people would be upset, but I love Dante and he would fit perfectly in Smash. I doubt the "leak" is real, but...

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I had a dream last night that Dante was in.

A lot of people would be upset, but I love Dante and he would fit perfectly in Smash. I doubt the "leak" is real, but...
The leak got quite a bit right about DMC5. Even down to all the V details that got leaked through a prologue.

StormC

Smash Hero
The leak got quite a bit right about DMC5. Even down to all the V details that got leaked through a prologue.
From what I understand, the DMC5 leak and the info about Dante in Smash came from two separate posts, so we can't verify it was the same person. Plus I'm generally highly wary of "this is exactly what happens in the character Smash trailer" since those leaks have always been fake.

Honestly, I'm mostly humoring the poll Kamiya posted more than anything.

xNaz

Smash Cadet
Dante v Bayonetta gonna be the new Fox vs Falco if he gets in

Jakisthe

Smash Cadet
Dante v Bayonetta gonna be the new Fox vs Falco if he gets in
I would be shocked if he had the same moves. I mean, I'd be shocked if he got in at all, but their moveset isnt that alike.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I would be shocked if he had the same moves. I mean, I'd be shocked if he got in at all, but their moveset isnt that alike.
I feel like they mean that both of them are going to be really overpowered, and therefore, some of the only characters that are regularly seen in competitive play. At least, that makes more sense than saying that Dante will be a Bayonetta (semi-)clone.

xNaz

Smash Cadet
I was more alluding to the idea that Dante would be incredibly overpowered like Bayo, making it a matchup of the top two characters.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Figured, but I'm still curious what that Kamiya poll is for...
Dante might have a cameo in Bayonetta 3. As for Matt's statement, I'm lowering expectations even further, but not discounting it completely yet. Matt is a chatter box, and can't help but talk.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
And before you say "of course he'd say no" him responding on the matter at all is a signal that he's not under NDA
NDAs do not prevent you from talking about a subject, just the things outlined in it (at least according to one of the tweets).

That said, I saw someone on Reddit come up with 4 possibilities regarding this whole thing, especially considering the accuracy of the leaker regarding DMC5
  1. The Leaker intentionally lied about the Smash bros inclusion so
  2. The Leaker was fed an interesting mix of False and True info to flush him out
  3. Matt Walker is either not under an NDA or he is under an NDA limited to the confirmation of info and not denial
  4. Matt Walker was not told about Dante in Smash at all
Scenarios 1 and 2 being correct means Walker is being truthful, Scenario 4 means he is being truthful as far as he's concerned, and Scenario 3 (which I hope is true) means he is purposefully lying, likely to rehabilitate the surprise of an announcement.

Honestly, it's a stretch and he likely won't be in (even though it would make for a great meme title of Smash Ultimate & Knuckles featuring Dante from Devil May Cry) but I'm just going to have some hope

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
NDAs do not prevent you from talking about a subject, just the things outlined in it (at least according to one of the tweets).

That said, I saw someone on Reddit come up with 4 possibilities regarding this whole thing, especially considering the accuracy of the leaker regarding DMC5
  1. The Leaker intentionally lied about the Smash bros inclusion so
  2. The Leaker was fed an interesting mix of False and True info to flush him out
  3. Matt Walker is either not under an NDA or he is under an NDA limited to the confirmation of info and not denial
  4. Matt Walker was not told about Dante in Smash at all
Scenarios 1 and 2 being correct means Walker is being truthful, Scenario 4 means he is being truthful as far as he's concerned, and Scenario 3 (which I hope is true) means he is purposefully lying, likely to rehabilitate the surprise of an announcement.

Honestly, it's a stretch and he likely won't be in (even though it would make for a great meme title of Smash Ultimate & Knuckles featuring Dante from Devil May Cry) but I'm just going to have some hope
I'm still puzzled why Matt Walker said that he knew "absolutely nothing about smash" in a tweet and later said that Dante wasn't in smash. Does he knows or not, lol?

Hydra of Chaos

Smash Apprentice
I'm still puzzled why Matt Walker said that he knew "absolutely nothing about smash" in a tweet and later said that Dante wasn't in smash. Does he knows or not, lol?
I dont think he does, he later just said that he wasnt in at all because he thought so. That, or he later got confirmation that he isnt in, what could also be fake confirmation.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
I dont think he does, he later just said that he wasnt in at all because he thought so. That, or he later got confirmation that he isnt in, what could also be fake confirmation.
Well, isn't he the lead designer for the Devil May Cry series? He KNOWS if Dante is in smash or not, as he is basically the main guy who would manage the thing. Remember, Sakurai and his team work with third parties and try to satisfy their request for the character, is not like they pay for the copyright and then vanish for months of development.

What I ment was why he said "I know nothing about smash" and then followed by "nope, Dante is not in". But as someone else noted, it would be funny if, after Dante get (eventually) revealed, Matt would justify his tweet by saying "well, someone asked me if Dante was in Smash, and I said "no" because at the time he wasn't ^^".

I still hope for him to be in the game, I think it will be an interesting fighter, but honestly I believe that all this supposed leak is just a series of coincidences spawned from someone who really had some DMC5 info.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't care about leaks or any of that

I want Dante in Smash, no matter what.

Devil May Cry 1, 3 and 4 are 3 of my favorite games of all-time and I love them dearly.

And Devil May Cry 5 100% is my most wanted game launching in 2019. It looks absolutely stunning.

Dante is IMO the best original moveset character from Capcom's roster to add.

Dante is amazing in the Marvel vs. Capcom series in a way that rivals Strider's amazing design, but he's got an added coolness and flashiness that would translate SO INCREDIBLY WELL INTO SMASH BROTHERS. There's so much in Dante to tap into for Smash, and all of it would be incredible in Smash.

Dante is probably one of the best 3rd party characters to be birthed in the Gen 6 (PS2/Xbox/Dreamcast/GameCube/GBA) era too (only other character that comes to mind ironically is Sora, a character from another hack n slash action series), and would fit into that style perfectly in Smash.

With all his weapons, unique styles of fighting, stance changes, and abilities, Dante in Smash Bros would be a hand in glove fit, a killer party and absolutely stunning to see.

Plus c'mon... Dante vs. Bayonetta is a match up made in heaven. YOU CAN'T TELL ME YOU DON'T WANT THAT MATCH UP IN SMASH BROS!!!

And this song would be amazing in Smash Bros:

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

Devil May Cry 1, 3 and 4 are 3 of my favorite games of all-time and I love them dearly.

And Devil May Cry 5 100% is my most wanted game launching in 2019. It looks absolutely stunning.

Dante is amazing in the Marvel vs. Capcom series in a way that rivals Strider's amazing design, but he's got an added coolness and flashiness that would translate SO INCREDIBLY WELL INTO SMASH BROTHERS. There's so much in Dante to tap into for Smash, and all of it would be incredible in Smash.

Dante is probably one of the best 3rd party characters to be birthed in the Gen 6 (PS2/Xbox/Dreamcast/GameCube/GBA) era too (only other character that comes to mind ironically is Sora, a character from another hack n slash action series), and would fit into that style perfectly in Smash.

With all his weapons, unique styles of fighting, stance changes, and abilities, Dante in Smash Bros would be a hand in glove fit, a killer party and absolutely stunning to see.

Plus c'mon... Dante vs. Bayonetta is a match up made in heaven. YOU CAN'T TELL ME YOU DON'T WANT THAT MATCH UP IN SMASH BROS!!!

Hell, Dante vs Bayonetta was a Death Battle episode

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD

I second everything in this - especially the Bayo matchup.
Smash has turned from being a straight-out Nintendo brawler into a videogame legacy bout. Matchups like Mario vs Sonic/Mega-Man/Pac-Man, Link vs Cloud, Ryu vs Everyone, why not get Dante vs Bayo?

Although if Dante does get in, I want it to be alongside DMC4 porting to Switch.... or a DMC5 release!

And we NEED Devil Trigger as a song in the game. That would be intense.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I second everything in this - especially the Bayo matchup.
Smash has turned from being a straight-out Nintendo brawler into a videogame legacy bout. Matchups like Mario vs Sonic/Mega-Man/Pac-Man, Link vs Cloud, Ryu vs Everyone, why not get Dante vs Bayo?

Although if Dante does get in, I want it to be alongside DMC4 porting to Switch.... or a DMC5 release!

And we NEED Devil Trigger as a song in the game. That would be intense.
The only point I see against Dante is none of his games have been on a nintendo console, which is an incredibly weak argument, that went out the window as soon as Snake entered Brawl. Sure, Metal Gear has been on nintendo consoles, but the character of Snake has been defined as a playstation icon, same with Cloud. I'm certain many had to look up on whether he was on a nintendo system. Then, of course, there's Cloud, who has had no major Nintendo appearances outside of crossovers. Much like Dante. Besides, it wouldn't be incredibly hard for Capcom to port the Hd collection for Switch, as well as DMC4SE.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The only point I see against Dante is none of his games have been on a nintendo console, which is an incredibly weak argument, that went out the window as soon as Snake entered Brawl. Sure, Metal Gear has been on nintendo consoles, but the character of Snake has been defined as a playstation icon, same with Cloud. I'm certain many had to look up on whether he was on a nintendo system. Then, of course, there's Cloud, who has had no major Nintendo appearances outside of crossovers. Much like Dante. Besides, it wouldn't be incredibly hard for Capcom to port the Hd collection for Switch, as well as DMC4SE.
Part of the Dante In Smash leak had a port of DMC4SE coming to Switch as well

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
That would be my initial argument as well - other than Dante being in a Project X Zone game, he hasn't really appeared on a Nintendo system (same situation as Cloud). I think that's because of a lack of opportunity though, since Dante was Sony exclusive up to 3, but went multi-platform for DMC4 and DmC. Porting those to Wii and the failed Wii U probably wasn't something Capcom were prepared to do, but with the Switch's popularity and horsepower, plus with games like Bayonetta on the system, I can't see why you wouldn't port DMC games to the Switch - and following that, why not boost its success by bringing Dante into Smash, a game MOST people with a Switch will own and see your character in.

Part of the Dante In Smash leak had a port of DMC4SE coming to Switch as well
I hope this leak is true then, because I need that port

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
If Dante makes it into Smash then it would be great if he had a taunt where he catches or takes out a box of pizza, takes a bite out of a slice and puts the pie away. A victory screen would be great as well where he makes a pizza delivery quip. Another idea I had was either side special or down grab be the move from DMC 3 where he rides on his opponent like a skateboard. He could even shoot while doing this, taking this gimmick from Bayonetta.

Speaking as a long fan of the Devil may Cry games Dante would be pretty hype if he made it to the roster. And DMC 5 shaping up to be fun as well. I am concerned with his chances considering Capcom may add a Monster Hunter in the game to go with the MH content we have so far, add a Ryu Echo and new music and call it a day on Capcom content. But like what the OP says other Capcom content shouldn't lessen Dante's chances of being a newcomer (but not appearing on a lot of Nintendo consoles could I guess). Plus he has a highly anticipated game coming.

Last edited:

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Am I the only one who find hilarious when Matt Walker says "they want me to say Dante for Smash!" and Pete immediately answers "DON'T!"?

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
If Dante makes it into Smash then it would be great if he had a taunt where he catches or takes out a box of pizza, takes a bite out of a slice and puts the pie away. A victory screen would be great as well where he makes a pizza delivery quip. Another idea I had was either side special or down grab be the move from DMC 3 where he rides on his opponent like a skateboard. He could even shoot while doing this, taking this gimmick from Bayonetta.

Speaking as a long fan of the Devil may Cry games Dante would be pretty hype if he made it to the roster. And DMC 5 shaping up to be fun as well. I am concerned with his chances considering Capcom may add a Monster Hunter in the game to go with the MH content we have so far, add a Ryu Echo and new music and call it a day on Capcom content. But like what the OP says other Capcom content shouldn't lessen Dante's chances of being a newcomer (but not appearing on a lot of Nintendo consoles could I guess). Plus he has a highly anticipated game coming.
I know what you mean about the amount of Capcom content already in, but for me, there isn't really a limit on content allowed in the game anymore. I said in another board, we already have 9 third party characters, other series represented in mii costumes, assist trophies and stages. I wouldn't be surprised if Rathalos and the Monster Hunter stage/boss arena are the only things (other than Mii Costumes) to represent MH. And considering the increase in SF music shown in the direct, I'm expecting Ken as an echo. Even with that, I don't see this limiting Dante's chances.

Also, it would be another middle finger to PS All-Stars; we have Snake, Cloud, and the REAL Dante

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Also, it would be another middle finger to PS All-Stars; we have Snake, Cloud, and the REAL Dante
The fact Crash is probably gonna be DLC and I wouldn't be surprised if the actual Heihachi showed up as well, instead of Young Heihachi

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
The fact Crash is probably gonna be DLC and I wouldn't be surprised if the actual Heihachi showed up as well, instead of Young Heihachi
I've noticed a lack of support for Crash, but what you've just said makes absolute sense - we have the Nintendo vs Sega match-up from the 16/32 bit days, why wouldn't we have the N64 vs Playstation match-up with Crash and Mario? And why wouldn't All-Stars have had representation for Crash? He was practically the Sony icon back then!

Snake, Cloud, Dante, Heihachi, Crash - and you make the greatest crossover in gaming history even greater

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I know what you mean about the amount of Capcom content already in, but for me, there isn't really a limit on content allowed in the game anymore. I said in another board, we already have 9 third party characters, other series represented in mii costumes, assist trophies and stages. I wouldn't be surprised if Rathalos and the Monster Hunter stage/boss arena are the only things (other than Mii Costumes) to represent MH. And considering the increase in SF music shown in the direct, I'm expecting Ken as an echo. Even with that, I don't see this limiting Dante's chances.

Hell, throw in "Devil Trigger" as one of the songs and we'll be ****ing golden

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
DMC V's getting bodied hard by leaks right now, just a warning to those looking forward to it.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Wont post here because many of you are excited for DMC V. Originally i thought that leak that came out just got a few lucky guesses (training ground and how saves work) but now another leak has popped up on /v/ revealing a very important part of that said leak. Dante is seeming very plausible.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Wont post here because many of you are excited for DMC V. Originally i thought that leak that came out just got a few lucky guesses (training ground and how saves work) but now another leak has popped up on /v/ revealing a very important part of that said leak. Dante is seeming very plausible.
Feeling pretty excited for this month.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Anyone mind shooting me the leak?
Lots of spoiler for DMC5 ahead:

It started with this guy, who leaked several things about Devil May Cry 5. Now, I'm not very used to 4chan but apparently the guy didn't have a tricode or something, so there's no way to be sure it always the same leaker. But if you have the stomach to read all the discussion, you can easily see how he got SEVERAL features right, such as:
- Dante using some sort of "utility weapon" that's actually his motorcycle, like he did in the trailer
- "V" being a guy who looks younger than he should be, have tattoos like Nico's and using a staff to summon demons (only the summoning demon part is yet to be confirmed
- a training room similar to the one in DmC (around the middle of the page)
- how dynamic music will work (but this was already speculated/announced already)
- how save spots works, already confirmed for Nero

Now, mind you, guessing right some of that stuff is a thing, but by now it should be pretty clear that this guy really had legit info about the game.

Regarding Smash, about 1 minute after the first post, another post (supposedly the same guy) said some other stuff yet to be confirmed. Like Vergil being scrapped from Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and Devil May Cry 4 SE probably coming to the Switch. He also claimed that the Dante in smash rumor is indeed real, as he have seen the trailer. In a later post (again, supposedly the same guy) he described it as follow:
Some Fire Emblem characters are fighting a big dragon -> Dante appears to defend a female character -> gameplay of Dante, along Lady as an assist trophy, ending with his "ultimate move" (Final Smash I guess) -> end of the video where the girl ask his name, and he simply toss a rose.
The interesting thing about this description is that it follows several lines from other trailers, such as: a beloved Nintendo character getting killed in the first cinematic, followed by the titlecard ("Dante Rocks Out!"), then gameplay, and the end cinematic. If you notice, its the same pattern of other newcomers, but the post was well before the Simon/King K. Rool reveal.

So, to recap:
- the leaker is basically confirmed to have legit Devil May Cry 5 info
- supposedly, the same guy said he saw the Dante trailer for smash (and later described it in a credible way)
- there's no way to confirm he always the same guy posting, but the time from one post to another and the other legit info suggest that
- as usual, the devil is in the details: he said Fire Emblem character being attacked by a "giant dragon"; as he said he isn't a "Nintendo guy" its plausible he didn't recognize the FE characters, but that dragon is strongly implied to be the Rathalos (who, at that time, wasn't yet revealed to be a boss/AT), so how such a DMC/Capcom enthusiast cannot recognize him?

On top of that, there's Matt Walker. He answered in a tweet regarding Dante in Smash with a lol no, he is not, which is basically a deconfirm. Not because of what he said, but because that would break an eventual NDA. But in the entertainament industry, straight up lying about upcoming project is a common practice, like Jason Momoa lying about being hired to play aquaman during an interview (sorry I can't find the link).
Matt Walker and other Capcom producers already did that in a not too distant past, like for Tekken 7 Season 2 (announced 2 weeks after) or Devil May Cry 5 not being in the works (and yet look where we are...), so many people think that he's lying again to shut down the leak, for others is just confirmation bias, so take that as you wish.
There's also the Capcom Confidential Podcast where he behaved in similar way, but lying/confirmation bias work there too.

Finally, I want to point out that the original leaker may have just lied about Smash trailer, just to troll someone on the internet, but I've to admit he really did his homework. The (fake) trailer follows perfectly the theme of others trailer, included an Assist Trophy, included small details like Gilgamesh mask appearing on Dante's faces when Gilgamesh is used (that kind of things that Sakurai loves to put in), and specifically said that he use the DMC4 attire. And this tweet from Bayonetta/Dante creator came out 18 feb 2016, when the roster for SSBU was finalizated and the development began.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

It started with this guy, who leaked several things about Devil May Cry 5. Now, I'm not very used to 4chan but apparently the guy didn't have a tricode or something, so there's no way to be sure it always the same leaker. But if you have the stomach to read all the discussion, you can easily see how he got SEVERAL features right, such as:
- Dante using some sort of "utility weapon" that's actually his motorcycle, like he did in the trailer
- "V" being a guy who looks younger than he should be, have tattoos like Nico's and using a staff to summon demons (only the summoning demon part is yet to be confirmed
- a training room similar to the one in DmC (around the middle of the page)
- how dynamic music will work (but this was already speculated/announced already)
- how save spots works, already confirmed for Nero

Now, mind you, guessing right some of that stuff is a thing, but by now it should be pretty clear that this guy really had legit info about the game.

Regarding Smash, about 1 minute after the first post, another post (supposedly the same guy) said some other stuff yet to be confirmed. Like Vergil being scrapped from Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and Devil May Cry 4 SE probably coming to the Switch. He also claimed that the Dante in smash rumor is indeed real, as he have seen the trailer. In a later post (again, supposedly the same guy) he described it as follow:
Some Fire Emblem characters are fighting a big dragon -> Dante appears to defend a female character -> gameplay of Dante, along Lady as an assist trophy, ending with his "ultimate move" (Final Smash I guess) -> end of the video where the girl ask his name, and he simply toss a rose.
The interesting thing about this description is that it follows several lines from other trailers, such as: a beloved Nintendo character getting killed in the first cinematic, followed by the titlecard ("Dante Rocks Out!"), then gameplay, and the end cinematic. If you notice, its the same pattern of other newcomers, but the post was well before the Simon/King K. Rool reveal.

So, to recap:
- the leaker is basically confirmed to have legit Devil May Cry 5 info
- supposedly, the same guy said he saw the Dante trailer for smash (and later described it in a credible way)
- there's no way to confirm he always the same guy posting, but the time from one post to another and the other legit info suggest that
- as usual, the devil is in the details: he said Fire Emblem character being attacked by a "giant dragon"; as he said he isn't a "Nintendo guy" its plausible he didn't recognize the FE characters, but that dragon is strongly implied to be the Rathalos (who, at that time, wasn't yet revealed to be a boss/AT), so how such a DMC/Capcom enthusiast cannot recognize him?

On top of that, there's Matt Walker. He answered in a tweet regarding Dante in Smash with a lol no, he is not, which is basically a deconfirm. Not because of what he said, but because that would break an eventual NDA. But in the entertainament industry, straight up lying about upcoming project is a common practice, like Jason Momoa lying about being hired to play aquaman during an interview (sorry I can't find the link).
Matt Walker and other Capcom producers already did that in a not too distant past, like for Tekken 7 Season 2 (announced 2 weeks after) or Devil May Cry 5 not being in the works (and yet look where we are...), so many people think that he's lying again to shut down the leak, for others is just confirmation bias, so take that as you wish.
There's also the Capcom Confidential Podcast where he behaved in similar way, but lying/confirmation bias work there too.

Finally, I want to point out that the original leaker may have just lied about Smash trailer, just to troll someone on the internet, but I've to admit he really did his homework. The (fake) trailer follows perfectly the theme of others trailer, included an Assist Trophy, included small details like Gilgamesh mask appearing on Dante's faces when Gilgamesh is used (that kind of things that Sakurai loves to put in), and specifically said that he use the DMC4 attire. And this tweet from Bayonetta/Dante creator came out 18 feb 2016, when the roster for SSBU was finalizated and the development began.
To be fair, I'm big on both Nintendo and Capcom and I couldn't identify a Rathalos, at least not without the of my girlfriend.

But yeah, I'm 99% sure he's in at this point

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
To be fair, I'm big on both Nintendo and Capcom and I couldn't identify a Rathalos, at least not without the of my girlfriend.

But yeah, I'm 99% sure he's in at this point
99% is a lot higher than a realistic prediction, but he have a decent chance indeed. Since Cloud was revealed back in 2015 I always wondered who the hell Sakurai is gonna include to top it off this time, and truth be told Dante would be a good candidate for breaking the internet again.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
99% is a lot higher than a realistic prediction, but he have a decent chance indeed. Since Cloud was revealed back in 2015 I always wondered who the hell Sakurai is gonna include to top it off this time, and truth be told Dante would be a good candidate for breaking the internet again.
Tbh I feel like Dante would be closer to Simon, Mega Man or Ryu levels of hype rather than Cloud, Sonic or Snake. For a truly internet breaking character, you'd need someone like Master Chief or Crash at this point

Then again I could be wrong

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

He also claimed that the Dante in smash rumor is indeed real, as he have seen the trailer. In a later post (again, supposedly the same guy) he described it as follow:
There's one detail I'd like to add

The supposed Smash "leak" that this DMCV leaker was talking about is this:
As you can see, there are errors that deem it as fake:
K. Rool is what you expect, a slow piece of ****, he'll probably have a lot of appeal to Ganon****. He has four costumes as King K. Rool and four as Kaptain K. Rool with his name changing to match. His final smash has him pilot KAOS nd shoot a bunch of ****.
Simon looks ****ing weird. He has the weird clunky CV animation on his walk and jumps, like Wario did in Brawl. His up B seems to be an axe throw like Yoshi's egg toss. No idea what that means for his recovery. His range looks really long but he seems to move slow as ****. No Trevor alt but he has a costume based on the "anime" styled Simon and another based on the classic Conan style. His final smash is Hydro Storm.
Granted, I'll still give the DMCV leaker the benefit of the doubt, considering their current track record and assuming both leaks are unrelated. Then again, I recently read about some old leaks for DmC that turned out to be incredibly accurate, but became quite infamous because of a claim about Vergil's devil trigger that never happened in the game (basically him becoming some kind of dinosaur-like creature).

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
There's one detail I'd like to add

The supposed Smash "leak" that this DMCV leaker was talking about is this:
As you can see, there are errors that deem it as fake:

Granted, I'll still give the DMCV leaker the benefit of the doubt, considering their current track record and assuming both leaks are unrelated. Then again, I recently read about some old leaks for DmC that turned out to be incredibly accurate, but became quite infamous because of a claim about Vergil's devil trigger that never happened in the game (basically him becoming some kind of dinosaur-like creature).
I think that is the original rumor, but its actually fake. King K. Rool doesn't seems to have 4 Kaptain costumes (they would have show them, like Meta Ridley), also his Final Smash and the Simon one are wrong. But I think the DMC5 leaker didn't read that, he was just responding about a supposed "Dante in smash" rumor.

Is it bad I kinda want reboot Dante as an alt skin for him?
...never talk to me ever again.

Top Bottom