• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kantplay Open Mafia: Rarefaction | Game Over!

Kantrip

Kantplay

[COLLAPSE=Rules]
Fundamentals:
1.) Have fun and don't be a jerk to others. I will not hesitate to modkill or force replace players who take it too far.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you may no longer post in the game with the exception of one "Bah! Go town/scum" post.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images, videos or links in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). This rule only applies to posts in the thread. If you are allowed to communicate privately with other players you may freely quote mod communication there.
7.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
8.) Posting in non-English, invisible, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players, including heads in a hydra account. You are free to paraphrase.
10.) Unless stated otherwise, all Night Actions should be sent to myself via PM. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action being taken.
11.) "Liking" posts is only allowed if you are a player currently in the game (no outsiders, no dead players, no replaced players, etc.)
12.) If you are unclear about any of the rules then you are expected to ask the me for clarification before taking any action which you believe may break a rule. If you are unclear about any information in your role PM or the sample PM or any mod communication, feel free to ask me.
13.) Punishments for breaking any of the rules of this game include but are not limited to: temporary or permanent Moderator Votes, Modkill, forced replacement, etc

Voting and Lynching:
1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Potassium.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote vote: Gheb. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
4.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, regardless of whether the thread is closed or not.

Activity and Deadline:
1.) You are expected to be able post every 24 hours, however you are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill. If you are a player with a history of bad activity, it is possible it will take less prods before your replacement than it will take for others.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 7 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours.

Game-specific:
1.) All roles have been assigned entirely at random.
2.) Modkills only end Days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, Day continues. Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
3.) If you notice an error in the game please notify me via PM. Feel free to PM me with any questions as well.
4.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
5.) I confirm all information relayed from the game moderator in public is strictly accurate.
6.) A maximum of 2 hydra accounts may be present in this game. Hydras must sign-up and post from their hydra account. Any posts off-hydra must be quoted by the hydra account as soon as possible.
7.) This is an open set-up. The roles and specific rules and mechanics for the game can be found below. If you have any questions, set-up related or not, please ask.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE=Setup]
Setup:
2x Mafia Goons
6x Vanilla Townies
1x Innocent Child (triggered, see below)

Mechanics:
-Day Start
-If there are six players alive and two of them are Goons, the game enters "Rarefaction" - the living players are split into groups of three with one Mafia Goon in each. Players may only vote for people in their group. Both groups must lynch the Mafia Goon in their group for the Town to win; if either group of three mislynches, the Mafia wins. There are no more Night phases once Rarefaction begins.
-If there are three players alive and one of them is a Goon, the game enters Rarefaction. However, this is identical to a standard 3P LyLo.
-If the game enters Rarefaction, the Innocent Child will have their alignment confirmed as Town.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE=Role PMs]
*NOTE: Flavour will be assigned to each player and will be used to aid in writing flip flavour. This will not be reflected in the role PMs and players will not be aware of their assigned flavour until their flip. This serves no mechanical purpose. Players will receive role PMs as they appear below.

Mafia Goon
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner, [Player Name].
Abilities:

• You may speak to each other at any time in this quicktopic: [link]
  • Factional kill: During the Night phase, you may individually PM the name of a player in the game to the moderator.
Win condition:

• You win when the Town lynches incorrectly in Rarefaction.
Vanilla Townie
  • Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities:

• Your weapon is your vote; you have no Night actions.
Win condition:

• You win when every Mafia Goon is dead.
Innocent Child
  • Welcome, [Player Name], you are an Innocent Child.
Abilities:

• If the game enters Rarefaction, you will be publicly confirmed as Town by the moderator.
Win condition:

[/COLLAPSE]

Players:
1. Cream Team (Gorf|Gargaglione)
2. Xatres #HBC | Red Ryu
3. Sokr
4. Semper Hardbody (marshy|Orboknown)
5. Gheb_01
6. Chaco
7. Cassavetes
8. #HBC | Rake.
9. #HBC | Dark Horse

Replacements:
1. #HBC | Red Ryu
2. Maven89

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
this is... actually a REALLY ****ing cool concept. and RAREWARE flavour?!

dbwkcisvwkdavcklpwswrhnvxsawpm

impulsive /in. may change if schedule is stacked

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is a really neat open setup. Considering getting in on this but can't commit atm.

Kanty did you make this yourself or is this setup + mechanics lifted from elsewhere?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I wish I could take credit, but I just found the setup on the mafiascum wiki page and thought it was really neat.

Semper Hardbody

marshy|Orboknown
potato im hydrain wit orbo

adum the players yure thinkin of are likelier to improve if they play wit ****** who hav more experience. it might b painful n take a few games of ****fests but i think the roomll be better for it in the long run. i invited jexs cuz dude tries and has the capacity to learn

@Ashemu
@cassavettes

lezball

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Heh, gheb, mac, marshy and myself, 4 out of 9, but I'm really not feeling the setup though

And JeXs needs a hard knock to recognize that he doesn't understand the raw basics of the game before he'll be able to really improve. He's too stubborn to lean as it is.

Last edited:

Semper Hardbody

marshy|Orboknown
And JeXs needs a hard knock to recognize that he doesn't understand the raw basics of the game before he'll be able to really improve. He's too stubborn to lean as it is.
since wen has hardbody have difficulty providing hard knocks?

nvm i dont play outside of hydras my bad for the invites lol

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also you should allow the Hydra of marshy and Orbo. I'm /inning cause he summoned me. I had looked at the set up and wasn't going to join initially. But if @ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus @#HBC | marshy and people like that were in I was down.

Chaco

Never Logs In
since wen has hardbody have difficulty providing hard knocks?

nvm i dont play outside of hydras my bad for the invites lol
You good, he should allow you to /in though. Puts this game closer to filling. Otherwise, I feel it'll sit in queue for another two weeks or more.

Semper Hardbody

marshy|Orboknown
meh. let the mod do him. i was finna invite yall to da next game to hit

this game WILL hav a lot less swag doe

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't understand the fixation some people have with needing to hydra to play. I understand activity reasons, but I don't like the inherent advantage the discussion gives you. In this game and other potential open setups I run, I was hoping to have rosters free of the pseudo-masonries that hydra accounts provide.

That said, if a game in DGames can't fill without allowing people to hydra, I will probably have to change my attitude regarding them. I've had problems in the past with hydra accounts in my games though, so I will be strict with hydra rules. That said, I will edit the rules later to reflect the following changes:

-A maximum of 2 hydra accounts may join this game. The account must already be created and the /in posted from it.
-All posts must be on the hydra account. Any posts not on the hydra must be quoted by the hydra account ASAP.
-All direct quoting/paraphrasing rules apply to hydra communication logs

Semper Hardbody

marshy|Orboknown
lol dammit chaco

i wasnt bothered by no hydras n was actually down wit it fyi. i personally find most of em obnoxious unless im in it n a game bein free of em sounded good to me. assuming yu keep em in ima

/in

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
I haven't checked this place in a while, but it seems I was summoned.

/in

Orboknown

Smash Hero

[COLLAPSE=Rules]
Fundamentals:
1.) Have fun and don't be a jerk to others. I will not hesitate to modkill or force replace players who take it too far.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you may no longer post in the game with the exception of one "Bah! Go town/scum" post.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images, videos or links in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). This rule only applies to posts in the thread. If you are allowed to communicate privately with other players you may freely quote mod communication there.
7.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
8.) Posting in non-English, invisible, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
10.) Unless stated otherwise, all Night Actions should be sent to myself via PM. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action being taken.
11.) "Liking" posts is only allowed if you are a player currently in the game (no outsiders, no dead players, no replaced players, etc.)
12.) If you are unclear about any of the rules then you are expected to ask the me for clarification before taking any action which you believe may break a rule. If you are unclear about any information in your role PM or the sample PM or any mod communication, feel free to ask me.
13.) Punishments for breaking any of the rules of this game include but are not limited to: temporary or permanent Moderator Votes, Modkill, forced replacement, etc

Voting and Lynching:
1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Potassium.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote vote: Gheb. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
4.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, regardless of whether the thread is closed or not.

Activity and Deadline:
1.) You are expected to be able post every 24 hours, however you are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill. If you are a player with a history of bad activity, it is possible it will take less prods before your replacement than it will take for others.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 7 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours.

Game-specific:
1.) All roles have been assigned entirely at random.
2.) Modkills only end Days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, Day continues. Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
3.) If you notice an error in the game please notify me via PM. Feel free to PM me with any questions as well.
4.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
5.) I confirm all information relayed from the game moderator in public is strictly accurate.
6.) No hydra accounts.
7.) This is an open set-up. The roles and specific rules and mechanics for the game can be found below. If you have any questions, set-up related or not, please ask.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE=Setup]
Setup:
2x Mafia Goons
6x Vanilla Townies
1x Innocent Child (triggered, see below)

Mechanics:
-Day Start
-If there are six players alive and two of them are Goons, the game enters "Rarefaction" - the living players are split into groups of three with one Mafia Goon in each. Players may only vote for people in their group. Both groups must lynch the Mafia Goon in their group for the Town to win; if either group of three mislynches, the Mafia wins. There are no more Night phases once Rarefaction begins.
-If there are three players alive and one of them is a Goon, the game enters Rarefaction. However, this is identical to a standard 3P LyLo.
-If the game enters Rarefaction, the Innocent Child will have their alignment confirmed as Town.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE=Role PMs]
*NOTE: Flavour will be assigned to each player and will be used to aid in writing flip flavour. This will not be reflected in the role PMs and players will not be aware of their assigned flavour until their flip. This serves no mechanical purpose. Players will receive role PMs as they appear below.

Mafia Goon
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner, [Player Name].
Abilities:

• You may speak to each other at any time in this quicktopic: [link]
  • Factional kill: During the Night phase, you may individually PM the name of a player in the game to the moderator.
Win condition:

• You win when the Town lynches incorrectly in Rarefaction.
Vanilla Townie
  • Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities:

Win condition:

Innocent Child
  • Welcome, [Player Name], you are an Innocent Child.
Abilities:

• If the game enters Rarefaction, you will be publicly confirmed as Town by the moderator.
Win condition:

[/COLLAPSE]

Players:
1. #HBC | Gorf
2. Xatres
3. Sokr
4. Orboknown
5. Gheb_01

Replacements:
Update plz

Chaco

Never Logs In
That's true; more summons. The ball has almost rolled!

Top Bottom