• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kantplay Open Mafia: Rarefaction | Game Over!

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
My read on him is behavioral and not defined beyond how I feel a scum would act in that situation, which I thought he would have been more aggressive towards me calling him out on OMGUS.

Chaco

Never Logs In
When did I imply this?
In the nature of your question when asking him why the OMGUS, for one. Additionally the way you questioned me about.

Also, at your newest post: What behavior has he shown that exemplifies any town read at all? Where does the town come from, why not just null? His lack of aggression towards getting called out on an OMGUS, might I add in RVS, is to be expected this early in the game...

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
Then maybe we have different perspectives of how this game works, but I have things that I would consider scumtells off the bat, and one of them would be overreacting to such a loaded question without revealing my intent. He didn't do that, I felt his response was rational, which makes me feel better about him but does not instantly mark him as town, hence the null-town read.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Then maybe we have different perspectives of how this game works, but I have things that I would consider scumtells off the bat, and one of them would be overreacting to such a loaded question without revealing my intent. He didn't do that, I felt his response was rational, which makes me feel better about him but does not instantly mark him as town, hence the null-town read.
I don't refute that their are scum tells off the rip, just how you call an OMGUS and explain that it's a loaded question is...eh. To even claim intent behind asking why the OMGUS, rather than to see simply why he voted you back, seems lacking. You claim gut feeling merely after two posts with barely any content to claim this off of, explain to me the basis of your gut feeling, if you don't mind, how it was formed and originated from the content provided. What part of his posts indicate a town basis, I understand the null, as most of this is, but I want to hear your logic behind the town approach to it this early based off of two sentences. Why the addition of town and not just null? If you were looking for instantaneous scum tells, wouldn't it either be scum or null? I don't see the avenue for marking him with the town addition so early.

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
It was a rational and calm approach, which I like to see in most of my town. While it's easy to emulate those behaviors as scum, I'm not really thinking about it right now. I'm just trying to feel out the game, I don't have all the answers that you seek.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
My read on him is behavioral and not defined beyond how I feel a scum would act in that situation, which I thought he would have been more aggressive towards me calling him out on OMGUS.
This is the only part of your explanations that I disagree with.

:059:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Votecount

Cassavetes [2] - Sokr, #HBC | Rake.
#HBC | Rake. [2] - #HBC | Dark Horse, Cream Team
Xatres [1] - Chaco
Sokr [1] - Cassavetes
Chaco [1] - Gheb_01

Not voting: Xatres, Semper Hardbody

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is October 2nd at midnight CST.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
xatres is probably town , sokr almost for sure is, not sure on chaco yet, semper hardbody needs to post more, dh needs to comment on cassevettes and everything and everyone else is null

Chaco

Never Logs In
Firstly, Unvote:
After re-reading the game in it's lacking entirety so far. I have some things to comment upon. Second, let's do an ISO:

Why the OMGUS, if I may ask?
I'm pretty sure that he voted me because I voted him.
*First implication of OMGUS based upon his belief that he is merely voting him due to his own vote upon Sokr.
Yes, but I will say that I think this isn't the reaction I expected of you. OMGUS isn't always meaning that you're pushing for their lynch; it can be done in RVS.

He could have voted anyone else, but managed to vote me. How do you take his response? I think it's null-town.
*To me, this doesn't seem like a loaded question set up, nor does the way he executed it afterward. A loaded question is getting someone to admit what you essentially already know/believe, in it's basic form, right? Right. He wants the admission of guilt for an OMGUS, and does not get what he seeks. His answers more so imply that he's baiting a reaction with his implication.
To generate discussion, which I hope I have accomplished. It's a gut feeling I get from you.
*Having lost his footing for attacking any response rather than the collected manner in which Sokr responded, he claims null-town on the basis of gut. Set up failed; so let's please him with the addition of town with no clarification or basis upon it.
There isn't one.
*This is probably the most telling post Cass has posted thus far, thus discrediting his entire approach. He was looking for an aggressive, overreaction to his question. He didn't get it, so he responds with a null-town read.
*Note simple contradiction behind posts. Original argument not augmented at all up to this point.
*Reiterates the basis of a marked scum approach to an OMGUS, and how he didn't exemplify it. Among his scum tells for th-, but wai- There aren't any.
There isn't one.
Basically my whole point here is, what's the point of all this prattle if there were never any tells to receive. CT's question hits the nail on the head, and further posts contradict the lack of existence of these tells with the claim that there are indeed these tells to look for. BUT the fact still stands, why be looking for them if there's not a reason to in the first place? That's what makes the like of this not add up, among how I think it's grimy with the addition of town to his null. There's no need for it there, and quite frankly just find it to satiate Sokr from pushing the issue.

Lastly, this post further contradicts the approach that he has claimed thus far:
It was a rational and calm approach, which I like to see in most of my town. While it's easy to emulate those behaviors as scum, I'm not really thinking about it right now. I'm just trying to feel out the game, I don't have all the answers that you seek.
Was this not the whole point? TO look for these bahaviors? That was the whole basis of your loaded question in the first place, all answers and inquiries stemming from that have proved to just be a rabbit hole. There is no correlation that you have claimed, and furthermore, it strikes me as add after seeing this that you take such notice to a-not-so OMGUS that early in the game. It was pretty plain to see that since you questioned his name that his very reason for voting you was to address you back. Especially in the way you ask it, of all the other people you could vote...why me? OBVIOUSLY WHY YOU, you're the one who asked him a question. I just don't see what you're saying here, and see false pretense behind your posts already.

Vote: Cassavettes

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
xatres is probably town , sokr almost for sure is, not sure on chaco yet, semper hardbody needs to post more, dh needs to comment on cassevettes and everything and everyone else is null
Where are you getting these reads? What made you decide to vote me in the first place?

Is rake normally this much of a VI?

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
I'm not dealing with that wall. You're looking for into a surface read not even 200 posts in the game.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm not dealing with that wall. You're looking for into a surface read not even 200 posts in the game.
Defiance isn't anyways to remark back to that; you'll deal with it and like it. You wanted to generate discussion, you got it. Seems to me you've already reacted poorly to the slightest bit of pressure. and to be fair, that is not a wall. That's merely an ISO. And me looking far into a surface read coming from the one that, and I quote:

...I have things that I would consider scumtells off the bat...

Cassavetes

Smash Apprentice
Defiance isn't anyways to remark back to that; you'll deal with it and like it. You wanted to generate discussion, you got it. Seems to me you've already reacted poorly to the slightest bit of pressure. and to be fair, that is not a wall. That's merely an ISO. And me looking far into a surface read coming from the one that, and I quote:
Again, you're over thinking it.

To me, this doesn't seem like a loaded question set up, nor does the way he executed it afterward. A loaded question is getting someone to admit what you essentially already know/believe, in it's basic form, right? Right. He wants the admission of guilt for an OMGUS, and does not get what he seeks. His answers more so imply that he's baiting a reaction with his implication.[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. I was baiting any sort of response to his OMGUS. Why would I be guilty about calling out an OMGUS? I told you how OMGUS' can happen in RVS, didn't I? What Sokr did was an OMGUS.

*Having lost his footing for attacking any response rather than the collected manner in which Sokr responded, he claims null-town on the basis of gut. Set up failed; so let's please him with the addition of town with no clarification or basis upon it.
No clarification? Don't tell me you blew in with Rake too? #84 explains what I liked of him.

This is probably the most telling post Cass has posted thus far, thus discrediting his entire approach. He was looking for an aggressive, overreaction to his question. He didn't get it, so he responds with a null-town read.
I don't see the problem. please tell me how this is indicative of scum intent to elaborate what I was looking for in Sokr.

Reiterates the basis of a marked scum approach to an OMGUS, and how he didn't exemplify it. Among his scum tells for th-, but wai- There aren't any.

Y
ou're looking at it wrongly if you're making this statement in correlation to what I said to Cream Team in #79. There is not a theory behind scum OMGUSing someone in essence, it is about how they react and what they do with it. Are you missing this focal point intentionally?

Basically my whole point here is, what's the point of all this prattle if there were never any tells to receive. CT's question hits the nail on the head, and further posts contradict the lack of existence of these tells with the claim that there are indeed these tells to look for. BUT the fact still stands, why be looking for them if there's not a reason to in the first place? That's what makes the like of this not add up, among how I think it's grimy with the addition of town to his null. There's no need for it there, and quite frankly just find it to satiate Sokr from pushing the issue.
They weren't any tells? I don't understand how you come to this conclusion when, again, I told you that I got something telling out my interaction with him. It's not a deal breaker, but something I wanted to note. Do you disagree with it? You seem to be caught up on not understanding me completely, which I will show some humility and say this could partially be my fault.

Chaco

Never Logs In
If I'm over thinking it so vastly, why not just simply explain why in a calm, collected manner than acting defiantly to the subject?

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
my spirit vote is on cassavettes but rake needs to come in here and elaborate on his... well everything

Chaco

Never Logs In
... i don't think so.

:059:
I'm only speaking of a very basic form of it, that most closely matched to what could be seen as his use of it. Not the actual definition.. merely an unjustified assumption in a question.

Chaco

Never Logs In
More so, that's the only way it could be deemed a loaded question. Which is the point I was trying to make, it wasn't. And that his actions and words have not been consistent as to what he says. That and the addition of town really holds nor merit over being null.

Why not focus less on the matter that's insignificant, and rather focus on the actual point of that post, the above. Mismatched actions to words, and a sense of wishy-washiness over his own proclaimed action.

Why cherry pick merely that and have nothing else to say in regards to Cass? I admit that there's not much to work with, but give reason for some to be made. You also noted that there was a part of his assumption that you did not agree with, that being one of the most important parts that doesn't add up to what he said as a whole.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Firstly, Unvote:
After re-reading the game in it's lacking entirety so far. I have some things to comment upon. Second, let's do an ISO:

*First implication of OMGUS based upon his belief that he is merely voting him due to his own vote upon Sokr.

*To me, this doesn't seem like a loaded question set up, nor does the way he executed it afterward. A loaded question is getting someone to admit what you essentially already know/believe, in it's basic form, right? Right. He wants the admission of guilt for an OMGUS, and does not get what he seeks. His answers more so imply that he's baiting a reaction with his implication.

*This is probably the most telling post Cass has posted thus far, thus discrediting his entire approach. He was looking for an aggressive, overreaction to his question. He didn't get it, so he responds with a null-town read.

*Note simple contradiction behind posts. Original argument not augmented at all up to this point.

*Reiterates the basis of a marked scum approach to an OMGUS, and how he didn't exemplify it. Among his scum tells for th-, but wai- There aren't any.

Lastly, this post further contradicts the approach that he has claimed thus far:

Was this not the whole point? TO look for these bahaviors? That was the whole basis of your loaded question in the first place, all answers and inquiries stemming from that have proved to just be a rabbit hole. There is no correlation that you have claimed, and furthermore, it strikes me as add after seeing this that you take such notice to a-not-so OMGUS that early in the game. It was pretty plain to see that since you questioned his name that his very reason for voting you was to address you back. Especially in the way you ask it, of all the other people you could vote...why me? OBVIOUSLY WHY YOU, you're the one who asked him a question. I just don't see what you're saying here, and see false pretense behind your posts already.

Vote: Cassavettes
its a question which either answer screws you over

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

More so, that's the only way it could be deemed a loaded question. Which is the point I was trying to make, it wasn't. And that his actions and words have not been consistent as to what he says. That and the addition of town really holds nor merit over being null.

Why not focus less on the matter that's insignificant, and rather focus on the actual point of that post, the above. Mismatched actions to words, and a sense of wishy-washiness over his own proclaimed action.

Why cherry pick merely that and have nothing else to say in regards to Cass? I admit that there's not much to work with, but give reason for some to be made. You also noted that there was a part of his assumption that you did not agree with, that being one of the most important parts that doesn't add up to what he said as a whole.
Do you think you're trying to read too much into cassevette's ? Why or why not, how does his response seem to you ?

Gorf, what about my everything ? How i got there or why i feel that ?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Do you think you're trying to read too much into cassevette's ? Why or why not, how does his response seem to you ?
Perhaps, but I want him to divulge my interest. I'm interested in the inconsistency of his claims--

Ahh. I see now he responded underneath the quotes of mine. I didn't notice it combined in the wall. That's my fault. Give me a moment to read over them and to respond to them. My bad, @ Cassavetes Cassavetes .

Chaco

Never Logs In
Again, you're over thinking it.
After reading your responses to it, I'm okay with you. That's what I wanted was to see your full thought process from behind it. Before it was cryptic, and the full tell I wanted from you was more your reasoning behind your claims and to substantiate them further. You did exactly what I wanted. Truthfully, that gave me a town read on you. I wanted to discern whether you were trying to bait a reaction for scum hunting purposes or to attack it. Seems to me just scum hunt now.

I like how you're thought process flows now from before, you filled in the missing gaps that I wanted to account for. And your addition of town on Sokr, no longer strikes me as odd. I understand entirely your approach to that matter and what you liked of him. I merely wanted it expounded upon. I was looking to deep into you, but with your responses, it has greatly helped my read on you.

Unvote.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

that was way too easy chaco. firm dislike for how easy you made that. def reads like you had pre determined to step off him

Top Bottom