• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

DYC

Smash Champion
Dropping in to point out that fgc want to turn off gems from competitive sfxt play because they are gimmicky and unfair for evo. Sound familiar?

:phone:
In the game. Intended. Turning stuff off is lame and you shouldnt play the game at EVO if you have to turn stuff off.

/troll

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Do you get a hard **** from being a really big ******* all the time?

There wasn't anything assholish about what I said, considering you brought me into the picture in the first place, I assigned facts to the situations given.

Fact: I am bad at smash in the grand scheme of things.

Fact: I did get 3rd at a tournament given people mentioned in previous posts. It doesn't mean squat because I didn't win and JBM/Jace were proven to be superior players on that day. Saying that you're going to place ahead of me and others at a Nebraska tournament when given recent results shows otherwise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAdw2tXnp8

or because I couldn't find a meme for that if you don't want to watch a video of scott hall and it's more relevant to Wrestlemania...

Fact: I am busy sometimes and people get mad about tournament dates constantly changing when they made a commitment to work to get it off for a specific date only to have it be changed.

Me being an ******* would be me insulting you or calling you names or saying you suck at smash or are a bad person or your couch sucks.

Cups

Smash Ace
Trollbait taken. Wtg Bobby frizz. Haven't seen a wall of text drop since the last time mrm was in here.

only1Z

Smash Champion
There wasn't anything assholish about what I said, considering you brought me into the picture in the first place, I assigned facts to the situations given.

Fact: I am bad at smash in the grand scheme of things.

Fact: I did get 3rd at a tournament given people mentioned in previous posts. It doesn't mean squat because I didn't win and JBM/Jace were proven to be superior players on that day. Saying that you're going to place ahead of me and others at a Nebraska tournament when given recent results shows otherwise...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE9S3zQx_2k

SPIRE_FAN

Smash Cadet
Oh Please come to Maxout! I really want to play you guys again as much as I can. If needed I'll bring a setup, been practicing a lot ever since K.O.
I'll try to come out to a hookup at sometime though.

DYC

Smash Champion
The only wrestler I remember being truly awesome was Andre the Giant.
It is because he was a giant.
The only thing I've ever seen in wrestling that was legitimately impressive was when Hogan picked up Andre the Giant and bodyslammed him. Regardless of it not being real he still picked up and slammed a gigantic human being.

Jace08

Smash Lord
who wants to go to nebraska with me this weekend? It looks like they'll actually have a decent amount of people

I'm driving, it'll be fuuuuun

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'd much rather go to maxout if they hold ssbm (reading the kc srk facebook group its lookin like it is), it's a lot closer lol. i didn't know maxout was happening on the 9th before i signed onto the nebraska tourney. srry to bail on ya for teams jace. i think it'd probably be better to wait for another nebraksa tourney to go up there. if you go to maxout we should team (if they do teams that is). ;)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
That's not funny.
If that's the response I got, then yes it was.

The only thing I've ever seen in wrestling that was legitimately impressive was when Hogan picked up Andre the Giant and bodyslammed him. Regardless of it not being real he still picked up and slammed a gigantic human being.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hMp65SzyTU

skip to 145 if you don't want the set up.

btw that wasn't planned, he was supposed to have grabbed the side of the cage.

also, after he got taken away on a stretcher and before he could be given a concussion test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U09oXyiAkOc

this is the same match..........and that wasn't supposed to have happened either

and that's only the most mainstream crazy moment I could think of. That moment with Andre is the biggest moment in terms of building the industry, but damn that's some cool **** there, the guy almost dies twice

Also I'd argue that slamming Yokozuna is more impressive.

Any thing Goldberg ever did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf_VIGKnRCs

actually I dislike him because he hurt a lot of wrestlers in stupid ways and he basically killed bret hart :(

who wants to go to nebraska with me this weekend? It looks like they'll actually have a decent amount of people

I'm driving, it'll be fuuuuun
Sounds like Honda wants to come! The more the merrier.

srry to bail on ya for teams jace. i think it'd probably be better to wait for another nebraksa tourney to go up there. if you go to maxout we should team (if they do teams that is). ;)
What if they don't do teams, then you'll have not played teams in tournament that day.

Think about it.

idk why it would be a better idea to wait, we're super free right now.

Cups

Smash Ace
We all saw you for like .5 seconds at ko, doubt it. I might have another one from the jturley incident

Massive

Smash Champion
I'm still pretty torn about going to Maxout.

Playing AE at KO last time pretty much crushed any interest I had of playing AE competitively. I don't really know how much I'll enjoy being stuck in a small sideroom with a partially hostile crowd wandering about outside, all-the-while waiting to lose to some stupid bull**** KO Jace will get in bracket.

Actually, I think I just made my decision, haha.

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
To play AE competitively you have to actually be competitive about it -_-

Anyways Maxout is at a bar with pretty amazing pizza, and everyone is in one room. Also Axiom is a 32098234x better T.O. as well as person in general. Things will be much smoother at Maxout and way more fun cuz bar

Massive

Smash Champion
To play AE competitively you have to actually be competitive about it -_-
I mean, I was playing every day online for at least an hour and spending quite a bit of time in the lab for 2 months or so before KO. That's a lot more effort than I've put into being competitive at melee for quite a while.

I wasn't absolutely terrible either, I was beating pretty much everybody in the crew until Darkrain got some coaching (and I stopped practicing as much).

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
well if you ever wanted to seriously learn massive I could teach you some things. street fights is an easy game, it's just that most people don't know how to correctly transition themselves into the genre. a few pointers and I think you could be in there

only1Z

Smash Champion
I've started taking the JO as of last week, but covering bases is how I roll...cause I played baseball....you see.

SPIRE_FAN

Smash Cadet
What time do you guys plan to be at maxout for who ever is going? Eh, I wish smash could use the small private party section by the bar at maxout so we could have our own space there. Idk, but still pretty excited.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
looks like it starts at noon so i'd probably be showing up around that time

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I want to go to NE and so does HondaNoob...I'm bringing my iMac and I have a feeling we're going to be playing more of you-know-what than Melee when it's all said and done, but that's okay with us!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Thats a confirm as far as I can tell.

I was sad because at first I thought Z wanted to come to Nebraska and play sheik dittos :(

Top Bottom