• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

DYC

Smash Champion
It's just that everyone had like 40 levels to max out in ss, still, i think radiant dawn was the most brutal when it came to stat growths, everyone was capped by like level 5 in the third tier.

:phone:
RD was super brutal if you knew how to properly use your bonus exp. I liked that you could stat cap just about anyone you wanted, so your team could be as diverse as your wanted. The trick though was actually getting through Chapter 1 the first time through without breaking your Wii.

No Jeigann was super brutal until you learned how to cope without it.

Cups

Smash Ace
i would just keep an eye out at like vintage stock or something, that way you can test the stick out and see how you like it yourself. Got my gc, troller, and a few games for 20 at a flea market, and everything is in great condition if not perfect.

I know jace is poorgamer, so this would prolly be the best option.

Massive

Smash Champion
Jace, those are craptrollers. There had been one in my basement for a while, it was the black one without the nintendo logo and complete garbage. I removed its entrails for science. Those faux sticks and their ilk are all of highly inferior quality.

In partially related news, having recently obtained another tri-wing screwdriver I have combined a few of the controller entrails laying about my home into another new set of sticks. A beautiful affront to the controller gods, a pristine abomination. They're pretty nice (and uniquely identifiable).

Massive

Smash Champion
I dunno markis, some of the SRK dudes were being pretty ****ty to us last time we came out to one of their events.
They made cups sad.

I also think Jace and the Friz had planned to go to Nebraska that weekend.

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
It was just one dwarf. I'll come for sure if we can run it once I get there. I had a lot of fun, and they're just ignorant; they'll learn.

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
Oh wait **** I have actual performances that day nvm gotta bum out.
Also decided I'm never going nebraska because I'm just gonna beat MRM then lose to Jace and SB

Cups

Smash Ace
it was more than one dude, frizzle just doesn't pay attention. Not sad, just didn't feel welcomed/wanted there. Might just go to get sf4 games in, but no broing will be had, i will beep beep then leave, after snuggling markis ofc.

z and his red pandas

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh wait **** I have actual performances that day nvm gotta bum out.
Also decided I'm never going nebraska because I'm just gonna beat MRM then lose to Jace and SB

thats the entire point
we all travel oos and then results are 1. jace 2. strong bad 3. rfrizzle 4. mike falco

uhh anyway if melee's at maxout there's like no point in me going to nebraska unless jace really wants to go. NDP is actually in my town lol

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
the street fighter/marvel side (the core of srk) are all really smart and welcolming, but the KoF guys have always been ignorant and condescending because they have the "harder" game. Anyways people have been having beef with them for a while now about this, and it seems like they're finally shaping up. (just stay clear of chadwick. ****ing hate that guy sometimes lol) I can only hope for the best with you guys! it'd be cool if everyone could hang together at evo. it's gonna be a ****ing blast.

also can I buy one of the basement trollers off of you massive? or maybe i should just go on a troller quest in overland park lol. melee is in evo, I'm in there! darkrains or massives tomorrow? I've lost track

Massive

Smash Champion
Smash is at my place this week, and you're welcome to one of the sparetrollers.

I'm also willing to fix people's sticks for EVO/SMYM/etc, if they so desire.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
need a ride to massives.... phat...? phones outta commission too

Jace08

Smash Lord
Feeling like asking megarobman to push his tourney back even more, like 2 weeks... lol sorry rob

but that way we could go to both the srk tourney and nebraska later (with frizzle!)

hmm massive my silver troller may be fixable. Mind taking a look at it this week? If it's not I may have to buy one of yours

z and *moonwalker I'll carpool with you guys from lawrence this week after all

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Keep those dreams alive, maybe one day you can beat someone who is bad at melee.

thats the entire point
we all travel oos and then results are 1. jace 2. strong bad 3. rfrizzle 4. mike falco
Last time I went to a tournament with most of the people mentioned the results looked more like

#1-JBM
#2-Jace08
#3-:wolf:

Feeling like asking megarobman to push his tourney back even more, like 2 weeks... lol sorry rob
People have taken work off and stuff, plus I already scheduled around ya and people are mad at me for moving it in the first place :/ New people are coming and everything, meeting TWO new TO's in Mariabattleaxe (Apex TO) and Mutank.

I'd rather just do another one instead, but that's gonna be tough.

I'm going to STL on the 16th, and then KS the 2nd (There is going to be a melee tournament this weekend in Omaha (or papillion but that's omaha). I mean, I'd do another one just to keep the activity up and stuff, but that's a lot of smash, and David/JBM took work off to game next week, idk if they will be able to get off for another one, or maybe they can, idk.

Cups

Smash Ace
Dropping in to point out that fgc want to turn off gems from competitive sfxt play because they are gimmicky and unfair for evo. Sound familiar?

Top Bottom