• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Massive

Smash Champion
Judging from how well Brawl sold (more units than melee ever had in 6 years in the first few months) and how self-righteous and uptight Sakurai actually is (he released a press release stating he will will delay smash 4 one day for every time someone suggests adding Geno), I doubt he will do anything but emulate Brawl. He'll probably spend most of his time on some hackneyed JP-appeal-onry cooperative story bull****, add some obscure/terrible nintendo characters with more items and rubberband mechanics and call it a smash game.

Cups

Smash Ace
Let's all act like we don't know that they are going to present the games at e3. If they showed the games line up people would be saying they blew their wad too early. All the consoles are just tidied up PCs anyway, Xbox being a PC that you talk at. That said, I was impressed and it has a lot of utility for not just gaming (no disc switching), but entertainment in general. Stop acting like this is your first day on the internet. Believe it or not, Microsoft probably knows how to conduct business better than we do.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not particularly interested in any of the next gen consoles tbh (inc. Wii U). I just don't play video games anymore, other than Melee/PM + a sprinke of AE (soon enough not even Melee anymore), so I really have no reason to be. I have a 3DS, so I'll be able to play the new Pokémon game as well as plenty of other great titles without having motion controls forced on me or spending $400 on a console + additional required hardware for games I won't play for longer than a week. Having said that, Cups, you have to admit that their conference did all but appeal to people that use gaming consoles to, you know, play video games, and whether they're going to make that up at E3 is neither here nor there. Skype, more Motion controls (the hype for which the gaming community lost ~6 years ago), EA Sports (because I totally play video games so I can control characters doing things I could do in real life), used games requiring an additional fee (because that worked for EA, right?), a Halo television series, etc.. The only thing I got from the conference was more XBL servers, CoD: Ghosts (which I'm not interested in but I'm sure hundreds of thousands are), and Forza (same as CoD). I'm sure they've more up their sleeve for E3 but that doesn't particularly change that this reveal and the decisions they've made regarding the Xbox One were overall quite poor in the eyes of most of the gaming community.

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
Just play this game with Jace for like 5 hours exclusively I ****ing dare you
he also had sex with the girls mat and I had over
what a jerk ihateu jace
dont like this post either adam you have a problem

Xion DarkRose

Smash Apprentice
Exciting news! (Well maybe)
As of July 1st, I'm moving back to the KC area, and the rest of the team is down for Saturday smash again! It's been years, but we seriously miss you guys. 2013 shall be a glorious summer indeed.

Massive

Smash Champion
Somebody took my sticks last night. They are black and clear with a black analog stick. I guarantee they do not look or feel like your sticks.

Bring them back to my place next week, please.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Exciting news! (Well maybe)
As of July 1st, I'm moving back to the KC area, and the rest of the team is down for Saturday smash again! It's been years, but we seriously miss you guys. 2013 shall be a glorious summer indeed.
awesome dude! can't wait, it definitely has been too long

Moonwalker

Smash Cadet
I know this is probably late notice for Z, but I won't be making it to Massive's this weekend. I'll be starting my job again at O'Depot, and they hit me with a Sunday morning shift.

bunnyavenger

Smash Cadet
if anyone wants me to buy the walking dead for them on pc....
I wouldn't say no to it, Grace would probably play through it once too if I had it. Its one of the games I've been watching for a sale now that all the episodes are out.

bunnyavenger

Smash Cadet
Awesome, grabbed it just for Walking Dead. I always forget about those bundles, but I signed up for the emails now.

Cups

Smash Ace
After spending a fair amount of time with the srk guys, wanted to let all of you know how much i appreciate you all and how not seriously we take ourselves. Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

Massive

Smash Champion
Hey dudes, I'm holding smash again this Saturday (TWO WEEKS IN A ROW) as it's also my birthday.

I'm very likely going to BBQ and make a pretty decent spread for all attendees. See you there if you're coming.

Jace08

Smash Lord
she's the only character I CAN play ><

fun watch (for me anyway). 64 samus too broke

rfrizzle I'm gonna have to get my spacies back in shape just for you. They're comin for ya!

Cups

Smash Ace
pretty sure gamestop servers just got ass blasted into tomorrow for that $10 injustice sale that lasted only an hour

darkatma

Smash Hero
Whoall from KC is going to EVO?

Also does darkrain need a teammate for the KC tourney? I'm assuming he'd want to team with homies first, but this guy needs a decent teammate and has never been carried before :p

Jace08

Smash Lord
I dunno about teams at the kc tourney, I doubt anyone's really thought about it yet

for evo, it's me, raith, frizzles, dmac and dark who are all going as far as I know

dmac

Smash Champion
saints row 3 is free on steam for the weekend. if you like it it's only 10 bucks for the game too. it's super worth it! it's hilarious and really fun... and has online co-op!

Massive

Smash Champion
Just a reminder that we're having smash at my place tomorrow.
It will be an impromptu BBQ in honor of me continuing to be older than everyone except dmac and the rezoptopotamus.

Standard BBQ rules apply. Start cookin' at 6ish, ready at 6:30, show up whenever (the sooner you're there, the more food you get to eat), bring us booze if you are an adult.

Top Bottom