• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
thinkin of goin to naka for a day

are most of you guys going all 3 days? which day would be best for broing out between saturday and sunday (busy most of friday)

only1Z

Smash Champion
I apparently made the poor mistake of choosing a white background color for posts, which is about as big a mistake as choosing yellow for text color.

Moonwalker

Smash Cadet
Dmac, I just might. No Wii U yet though, and everybody should have played or be playing Saints Row 3 by now, the game is the greatest.

Also, glad you guys had an excellent time at Naka, are we having smash again this weekend?

Moonwalker

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely down, and can supply a working Melee/Project M setup. I'll probably also bring drinks/food of some sort, any requests?

Also, anybody who still needs a ride up from Lawrence or on the way, lemme know.

Massive

Smash Champion
Double post because I want to.

First, to alleviate confusion, smash for this weekend (March 30th) will be held at casa de lluvia negro (darkrain's house).

and now, GENTLEMEN:

Announcing the 3rd Annual Massivesmash BBQ!
Saturday, April 6th from 6:00 pm to Morning O'clock am
At: Massive's House

It will have been 3 glorious years since I started hosting smash at my place on April 9th and this, being the closest Saturday to it, will be the day we commemorate. The smash levels will probably be very low (as always) but our Bro-ing out coefficients (broefficients) will likely break all known brodometors.

True to form, I will be providing meats of flavorful varieties and generous quantities as well as condiments, toppings, and breadstuffs for use with said meat. I will make my usual spread in addition to that, but feel free to contribute to the merriment by bringing party things of your choosing (including drinks of a refreshing nature).

I'm pretty sure my kittenese ward's birthday falls near this time, so I may force him to wear a party hat and grant him fancy food priviledges.

GET HYPED.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
I should be able to make it out this weekend. Work has been consuming my life as of late. Also, I will be at Massive's BBQ. I'll make that fancy dip everyone likes.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
looks like I know what I'm doing for the next two saturdays
hype as hell for massive's burgers. omfg

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Won't be at darkrizzle's this week because I'm going to Final Round, but I'll try to get off work and make it to the BBQ.

EDIT:
OK, so I was thinking of foods I could bring to the BBQ and I remembered I had recently ordered a few ghost chili peppers for a friend's birthday. I ordered 10 of them and he probably won't need all of them but I could take the rest and make some epic spicy dip for the party. What do you guys think?

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Looking at these recipes it may not even be just dip. I've found various uses for ghost chilis from chicken wing sauce to sandwich spread. My blender may have a busy week ahead of it if I start getting too many ideas.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Yea, I mean, I love spicy food but I don't think I'll be having much of anything with multiple ghost peppers in it, lol.

Top Bottom