• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

only1Z

Smash Champion
ninja poster, LETS GO PLAY SMASH IN SOME LITTLE KIDS BASEMENT! *Don't feel bad, we are all already use to it*

The Video Game Geek

Smash Rookie
Sorry I didn't come to the tournement forgot to get the address of Friday during the day, and I'm not allowed to use the computer on Friday night, and Saturday.

A while back I applied for a job as a page for a library, if I get it I could have surely gotten the confrence room for tournements. But maybe we could convince a library to have tournements every so often for Smash (I've heard they do it for other games occasionaly).

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
If we have a tourney at Bull's hosue (btw hes only 11 guys) ill so be there. I can come almost any time since I DIDNT MAKE THE ROCKHURST SOCCER TEAM OMG WTF IS WRONG WIT THEM

Bull37

Smash Cadet
didnt make the soccer team. that sucks. i dont play soccer i play football so i wouldnt know anything about that.

Edit: oh yeah if we have a tourney at my house i can bring shinobi who is the best at the game. hes in the top 100 list for DOA 4 and lvl 33 in halo and he is like the number one legit player i know(doesnt wavedash, l-cancel, or anything else). but he does use foxs shine to edgegaurd.

jayray

Smash Apprentice
eh. sure >.>,,, anyway enough about legit-no johns convo's

so if we are overland park smashin, then directions would be needed, if we barrio smashin then... well we have younganstas over so no boo'Z~

anyway, ****... guess i better practice. been playin WoW all****'nweek.

DYC

Smash Champion
Bull37 said:
didnt make the soccer team. that sucks. i dont play soccer i play football so i wouldnt know anything about that.

Edit: oh yeah if we have a tourney at my house i can bring shinobi who is the best at the game. hes in the top 100 list for DOA 4 and lvl 33 in halo and he is like the number one legit player i know(doesnt wavedash, l-cancel, or anything else). but he does use foxs shine to edgegaurd.

Kid there is a whole lot you need to learn before you talk. To even insinuate that using the advanced skills is somehow "nonlegit" shows that you are exactly the noob I hoped you weren't.

And your friend is not good at this game. If we play him every single one of us will 4 stock him. I guarantee it.

If you aren't interested in bettering yourself at the game and instead want to make excuses for your inadequacies by saying things are "cheap" or "not what the designer intended" maybe you should stay in your basement. Because frankly, I don't feel like dealing with it.

Jesi

Smash Ace
dyc is such a dyc lolz lolz lolz -_- don't be afraid guys! .... come over to teh barrio, I'll bake a cake or something, and we got two "new" (free) couches so the more the merrier.... :p

only1Z

Smash Champion
lol, I think one's already said his mother wont let him :p
Cake sounds good....cake on a free couch sounds terrific :O
I AM GREATLY INTERESTED IN PLAYING YOU BULL37, VASILICUSULSULSULS, AND THE MYSTERIOUS SHINOBI.

The Video Game Geek

Smash Rookie
Where you live Video Game Geek?
I live in Overland Park, but I am still not sure how often I would be able to go to tournements, because I have sports, school, my youth group, have to do things to help get me ready for college next year, and several other things I'm involved in. Also I want to train some more, and see a few tournements before I actually do a tournement.

Bull37

Smash Cadet
i never said my mom wouldnt let me. i said she probably wont, let me go over. i never said anything about not playing here. my dad told me i could set up smash here a long time ago so i can use that against him. and everyone sorry about that post i thought i wasnt a noob but i am. and thats why we NEED to smash together. so that im not a noob anymore.

Jimi87O5

Smash Apprentice
eh. sure >.>,,, anyway enough about legit-no johns convo's

so if we are overland park smashin, then directions would be needed, if we barrio smashin then... well we have younganstas over so no boo'Z~

anyway, ****... guess i better practice. been playin WoW all****'nweek.
What do you mean no boo'Z~, cuz im pretty sure you mean extra boo'Z~

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
VASILICUSULSULSULS
? Lol you should hear my friend say it, he's like "Valillisiclisius-ius" and then he gives up and starts laughing. I could come over to the Barrio anytime but I'd like to know what it is - is it some guy's house or an arcade or like a video game place or is it some hotel with a secret trapdoor behind the desk and you walk up to the guy at the desk and say "Barrio Smash. Phatgamer says I'm in." and he's like "Oh. Hurry up, make sure nobody sees" and he opens the door and you go downstairs and Phatgamer's like "Who're you" and I'm like "VASILICUSULSULSULS" and he's like "Hurry up." and he closes the little window slot and unlocks the door and you go in.

Sorry, got carried away. What exactly is the Barrio is what I'm asking. And the only other problem is my parent's are like psycho-paranoid parents who think you guys are all a bunch of 30 year olds waiting to kidnap me or something like that. You know the type. And I don't think they would react well to me hanging out with a bunch of seniors and college guy s playing a video game in their basement. What excuse should I give them to drive me up there and not be worried?

only1Z

Smash Champion
lol, you're basically done for vasilcususuvluslu. We're a bunch of clean, nice young boys *older then you though*, who honostly....just sit in a basement..playing video games.... =D
Teh Barrio, is because it's in a Mexican neighborhood. So any paranoid parent would automatically be turned off I'm sure :p

*Oh ****, I'm the 1337 post in this thread, I rule.

only1Z

Smash Champion
So what's it going to be, either of you guys gonna make it to barrio, or are we going to go to one of your places? We need address's and phone #'s so it goes smoothly :O

DYC

Smash Champion
? Lol you should hear my friend say it, he's like "Valillisiclisius-ius" and then he gives up and starts laughing. I could come over to the Barrio anytime but I'd like to know what it is - is it some guy's house or an arcade or like a video game place or is it some hotel with a secret trapdoor behind the desk and you walk up to the guy at the desk and say "Barrio Smash. Phatgamer says I'm in." and he's like "Oh. Hurry up, make sure nobody sees" and he opens the door and you go downstairs and Phatgamer's like "Who're you" and I'm like "VASILICUSULSULSULS" and he's like "Hurry up." and he closes the little window slot and unlocks the door and you go in.

Sorry, got carried away. What exactly is the Barrio is what I'm asking. And the only other problem is my parent's are like psycho-paranoid parents who think you guys are all a bunch of 30 year olds waiting to kidnap me or something like that. You know the type. And I don't think they would react well to me hanging out with a bunch of seniors and college guy s playing a video game in their basement. What excuse should I give them to drive me up there and not be worried?
Who says we aren't a bunch of 30 year olds waiting to kidnap you?

Bull37

Smash Cadet
i dont know if jimis 12 because his profile said on his old one that he was 19 and work(ed?) at arbys and QuikTrip. but then again on an old post he said he couldnt drive. IDK so give me an explanation plz.

Edit oh and yeah a couple more things, TEh Barrio looks TEh Sweet, i dont have a fish tank in my house:( . and ill ask my parents if we can smash at my place, i MIGHT have the answer up by today but it will probably end up like it always does. i ask dad he says ill talk to mom, mom gets home i ask dad if he talked to mom he says not yet they get on WoW like they always do. i ask them later they say we talked and weve decided that the answer is (insert answer here)______. then they turn around and play some more warcraft. they stayed up till five AM one night playing. they are very well obssesed with that game.

The Video Game Geek

Smash Rookie
What do you guys think of asking one of the local libraries sponser a smash tournement (I think that would mean it would be free, and no prize money (it is a PUBLIC library)), there would probably also be other people who would come (noobs (although I'm still considered a noob).

Bull37

Smash Cadet
yeah phatgamer then they would get to know you and stuff. they have a couple characters they have lvl 42 undead lvl 20 somethin taurens and my dad has an extra noob character. but idk if they would change servers because they are realy obsessed with there guild. but maybe. anyway ill have the answer up by the end of the night. and lawrence should try to make it cuz its gonna be extra tight if it all goes together well. ill buy food.:chuckle: but no food in the basement. ill try and talk to shinobi.

only1Z

Smash Champion
no prize money means it's not a tournament. Lol, parents abandoning their children thanks to WoW.....weird.
Once again, lawrence will almost most defenitely not be there. It's only 3-5 people anyways.

only1Z

Smash Champion
lol, MIGHT be able to convince a parent to drive.....but then I'd be abandoned for more or less the whole weekend, so I don't have to hassle them at 4 in the morning :p

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
My parents said its OK to come to ur house Keither. Ud better get yorus to elt u have that Tourney.

And for those who don't know, Shinobi is Bull's cousin's brother's friend or something like that. Supposedly he's pretty good, but like the rest of Bull's family he doesn't use advanced techniques....

Top Bottom