• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
samurai swords are op

so I think we're doin games in lawrence tonight if anyone else is down to play with me dmac and arc

Massive

Smash Champion
Dudes, I think we need to go barhopping for real.

Last Friday was seriously epic, and that was with (total) 4 dudes and just 1 bar.
If we had a full entourage our evening would become the motherf*cking juggernaut.

It would also be much easier to commandeer some tables.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Dudes, I think we need to go barhopping for real.

Last Friday was seriously epic, and that was with (total) 4 dudes and just 1 bar.
If we had a full entourage our evening would become the motherf*cking juggernaut.

It would also be much easier to commandeer some tables.
I second this. Weekend between Pound and SMYM, anyone?

Also, I probably won't be going to Massive's this week. If I'm dedicating a weekend to Smash (Pound) I need one entirely for school as well, to balance it out. My training will have to come sometime during the week

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Sorry Strong Bad! We'll be playing pretty much 3 days non-stop at Pound though, so a small sacrifice now seems reasonable

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
You mean like finding a place to hide the body and coming up with a believable explanation for why he has a Naka-Kon samurai blade in his neck?

Jace08

Smash Lord
you're killin me quote, please tell me that was a joke and you didn't just completely ignore all my advice from before

Smash Lord
you're killin me quote, please tell me that was a joke and you didn't just completely ignore all my advice from before
No it's not. I have your number and dmac's number. Dmac said he would be there later. That means you are the only person I can get ahold of to open the door. And no I'm not ignoring the advice you gave me earlier because there's no one else to call. I feel extremely uncomfortable, driving out to Lawrence with possibility of wasting 5-8$ in gas among other things because I can't open the door.

Smash Lord
You mean walking in while other people get the door?

I considered that last time, but people weren't coming in and out too often. I don't want to have to freeze for 5-10 minutes while I wait. Also, personally if I saw someone waiting by the door to get it off of someone else, I wouldn't let him in. It looks suspicious as hell.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I think Jace just meant be more prepared in general. Like that one time when you came to Lawrence and Jace was giving (horrible) directions to find his place, if it were me I would've printed out a map, memorized a few of the major turns, and known exactly where I was going—even before I left my house. I used to get really anxious driving by myself even from Topeka to Lawrence, but I found that having multiple backup plans gave me piece of mind, as well as a 100% success rate

And there are much shadier things at Jayhawk Towers than a guy waiting outside holding a game controller, lol. At least you're not old and/or black

Smash Lord
I think Jace just meant be more prepared in general. Like that one time when you came to Lawrence and Jace was giving (horrible) directions to find his place, if it were me I would've printed out a map, memorized a few of the major turns, and known exactly where I was going—even before I left my house. I used to get really anxious driving by myself even from Topeka to Lawrence, but I found that having multiple backup plans gave me piece of mind, as well as a 100% success rate

And there are much shadier things at Jayhawk Towers than a guy waiting outside holding a game controller, lol. At least you're not old and/or black
Well, the thing is, I had been to his place before. I figured that I'd be able to find my way there easily. I know better now.

LOL @ that last bit.

Massive

Smash Champion
Chill out quote, it's a college.
People forget their cards all the time.

I'm really surprised you haven't been to massivesmash yet though, you live so close and it's incredibly rare of us not to be there.

Smash Lord
Chill out quote, it's a college.
People forget their cards all the time.

I'm really surprised you haven't been to massivesmash yet though, you live so close and it's incredibly rare of us not to be there.
For me close = 20 minutes, so I do consider it a bit of a drive since I live on the southwest corner of Leavenworth.

I do stuff pretty much every Saturday and it overlaps almost entirely with the time that you host. It is possible that I could start driving at like 10:30 but I hate getting back at like 2 in the morning. It's probably not even worth it at that point because I play extremely poorly because I'm tired.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I will know if we have a venue for that co-tournament by the end of next week :) :) :)

Massive

Smash Champion
So much crying.

MvC3 is one of the best games I've ever played. I encourage everyone to try it out when it's released. The game is AWESOME.
I dunno, how many characters have infinites?
MvC2 was pretty much ruined for me when I got infinite'd by like 5 different chars at the arcade. I JUST WANTED TO DO MAXIMUM SPIDER GOD DAMMIT.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Oh man so I finally figured out where quote's name and avatar are from

Also I'm wholly convinced that hot Japanese girls don't exist, so the pictures in dmac's link are obviously fake.

dmac

Smash Champion
one of my main problems with japanese chicks is that as a whole, japan has not really embraced the idea of braces :(

Top Bottom