• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Fino

Smash Master
But I guess if he can handle being a troll he can handle the hate... Whateva. Though I only saw him ask a question.
Pretty much ^^;

People are seen only as their past transgressions. Then he bumped himself just cause no one cared enough to answer, when he knows he's barking up the wrong tree. Whatever. . .
Yeah, well maybe I'm trying to patch things up? I've been playing melee at JCCC a lot more lately. ADHD thinks my trollin is funny @.@
Just asking if anyone wants to go to a tournament that I already have a split for gas on. I thought people would be more enthusiastic to go out and have fun at a tournament, rather people just like to hold grudges.

that was a no from everyone in this thread, not just dmac
Alright, thanks arkive :p

~Fino

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Arkive's the only of one of us that takes a non-smash game seriously. Well I would be taking SF4 seriously if I had arcade sticks to play with, but I do take Halo 3 semi-seriously.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I rofled. <3 Z

Arkive's the only of one of us that takes a non-smash game seriously. Well I would be taking SF4 seriously if I had arcade sticks to play with, but I do take Halo 3 semi-seriously.
Dude Markis whatchu talkin' about? I ***** Starcraft leagues for like 3 years, and my DotA team was power ranked for 2 years. Back in the Halo 2 days my team won every tournament around this area, and two of them now play Halo 3 for MLG/WCG. Once Starcraft 2 comes out (if they ever stop ****ing delaying it) I'll also be firing that up. And I thought you played Pokemon competitively? I also remember Strongbad saying he competes for guitar hero.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i play Pokemon competitively (through Shoddy mainly, IRL tourneys are just irritating because of the little kids -_- and the ******** level 50 rules at some of them), used to compete in GH when it wasn't terrible (gh2 was legit, gh3 wasn't completely terrible despite its really nooby fretting windows and kinda bad setlist), I'm probably really bad at GH by now because it's like 80% tech-skill and 20% star power path. good thing the recent GH games are ****ty so it doesn't matter =D
might get back into yugimons, that card game is legit. magic's legit but i find it boring ):

i used to speedrun 2-D sonic the hedgehog games <_< >_>

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I knew you guys played most of these games and were pretty good at them, but I didn't know any of you took it beyond that. I played Pokemon competitively for about 2 or 3 months, but stopped when I couldn't put a decent team together. I may get back into it, who knows.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Yugioh is pretty fun, but I hate how you can be completely stacked one second, then the opponent uses a couple trap cards and you instantly start getting butt *****. Imo it's really just a simpler version of Magic, with a lot less depth. I really want to get into competitive Pokemon but it's really aggravating when every season the meta game just changes completely. Plus I don't really like Shoddy. I'm really looking forward to Heartgold though :D

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yugioh is pretty fun, but I hate how you can be completely stacked one second, then the opponent uses a couple trap cards and you instantly start getting butt *****. Imo it's really just a simpler version of Magic, with a lot less depth.
yeah the formats these past few years have been really freaking fast. you can lose field or hand control in like one turn. fortunately the game-changing trap cards are usually limited to 1 in a deck, or just banned. & i don't really think that the depth of the two games can be compared, considering their large differences in rules, tactics, etc. they both have a lot of depth imo, yugioh's just more fun for me.
I really want to get into competitive Pokemon but it's really aggravating when every season the meta game just changes completely. Plus I don't really like Shoddy. I'm really looking forward to Heartgold though :D
the metagame has to change a ton when new pokemon/moves come out. aggron basically went from like UU to OU when HG/SS was released just because he got Head Smash from a tutor, which gave him good options and playability.
i feel like im just wasting $ when i buy the actual games, lol... oh well.

D

Deleted member

anyone wanna goto that tournament in iowa this weekend? its about 3 hours away
some dude is hosting Garou:MOTW at that tourney lol

i havent played blazblue, kof or garou since tekken 6 has come out and i'm fcking trash now, F*CK

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
anyone wanna goto that tournament in iowa this weekend? its about 3 hours away
I'm down but I gots no money right now... I would just be extra weight. Mwahaha

I still REALLY want to play Tekken 6. Tag was the last one I got into :(

Jace08

Smash Lord
Dang that sucks pc...

Arkive & 8bit don't you guys **** at like a bunch of the fighting games they are gonna have in iowa this weekend?

D

Deleted member

Street Fighter 4 - no because its on the same level as brawl to me, aka not a fighting game
Super Street Fighter 2: HD Remix - i'm okay....
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike 2v2 teams - i'm terribe, but its a fun game

Tekken 6 BR - i'm still learning lol
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core - dustloop.com sucks or else i might be better at this game T_T
Mystery Tournament - shaq fu?
BlazBlue - i used to be good /wrist
Puzzle Fighter HDRemix - lolwut? i'm bad at this game for the record
Tatsunoko VS Capcom - never tried playing it for real
Smash Bros Melee - i'm ballz
Garou: MotW - i'm probably terrible but i act good

btw thats the game list for the des moines tourney.

why does it look like i'm bad at everything....

thread link - http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=207197

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Hmm maybe I can proc like 15 bucks just for the friendlies. I gots nothin' to do this weekend, and all those games! It would be a fun time for sure.

dmac

Smash Champion
I appreciate the offer fino, but lemme check in with some other guys that dont regularly check the boards as much and get more information on who plans to go. let me get back to you.

in all reality phat will probably be doing lines of coke off a hookers ***, rezo will have work, pyro will be getting stoned with his lady friends, and jfro would have to be black for once and rob a store for some money. markis dont even pretend modern warfare 2 is the reason you can't go, i hate you. cups is off the grid.

but yeah, gimme a day or two and i'll have a clearer answer for you

Jace08

Smash Lord
in all reality phat will probably be doing lines of coke off a hookers ***, rezo will have work, pyro will be getting stoned with his lady friends, and jfro would have to be black for once and rob a store for some money. markis dont even pretend modern warfare 2 is the reason you can't go, i hate you. cups is off the grid.
Made me lol

Any car works for me, guess it just depends on what those ^ people say.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Hey guys I just got 20 bucks. Would that be enough? I plan on bringing my own food and such.

Dmac and Markis posts are hilarious.

Massive

Smash Champion
This weekend may be boring enough that I'd actually go to one of these.
I can probably cover some folks who don't have entry fees too, assuming they pay me back eventually.

I'll know for sure by Friday at the latest.

dmac

Smash Champion
so potentially 7 people with me strongbaddy fino mjg massive jace fakepc? thats two car territory... unless someones got a nice minivan hookup. people that have said something about comin really need to get confirmation, it halps so much more for planning

stealthraptor you were helping pc and not actually considering going, right? or are you? ARE YOU?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i wish, with weekends being my only source of money, and a nice lucrative money source that it is, i only had one tourney i could go to over this semester and it was no koast :x sorry, otherwise i would lend my car. and yeah i was just helping out pc.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I can most likely get more money if I need it. I need a financial advisor, but I'm definitely in.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i still need to check on a couple things but afaik since my biology grade is a 60% so i can go to this. probably a def. answer by tomorrow.

Jfro

Smash Cadet
i dont think ill be able to make this tourny because as dmac knows very well...im broke

Top Bottom