• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
Yeah I can bring my vcr and some tapes if need be, but unfortunately I'm having some capture card trouble, so I'd have to pass the tapes onto someone else to put em on youtube

Massive

Smash Champion
I can drive from pyro's if it's needed, my car hasn't broken its roadtrip cherry yet.
I can hold 4 comfortably, 5 if someone doesn't mind riding ***** (middle backseat) with room for stuff in the trunk.

dmac

Smash Champion
got my oil changed, apparently my transmission and oil are leaking, and my a/c fanbelt is really worn. the dude said i should be okay for this trip but im scurred now

Massive

Smash Champion
got my oil changed, apparently my transmission and oil are leaking, and my a/c fanbelt is really worn. the dude said i should be okay for this trip but im scurred now
My tempo was like that for the longest time, make sure to bring a jug of transmission fluid and one of oil if you're worried.

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
They always tell you that because they always sucker people that dont know any better.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Maybe we should take Fino and Massive's car and give Dmac's a break. That way we could all just go to Pyro's in one car from Lawrence too.

Of course, we might get too many people and would have to go with Dmac's car anyway just b/c of space

Jace08

Smash Lord
Well, the tourney starts at 1, so it sounds like it's gonna be an early morning

maybe we should aim to meet at Pyro's at like 9:30?

dmac

Smash Champion
yea im kinda paranoid about my car.... i can't replace the transmission fluid cause its a manual... heh heh

Fino

Smash Master
I say we meet at 9. We need to finalize this 'cause I'm getting sleeeeeepy.
We would if MJG's mom wasn't a w**** the trip plans would be finalized ._.

If MJ can come... it might just be more convenient for me to pick up jace and dmac here in lawrence, and then pick you two up in overland park/olathe somewhere.
I dunno when a good leaving time will be though... I'll be practicing a little bit, and on aim... so if anyone wants to give me a heads up that'd be great ^^;
From my first look, sometime around 9:00 seemed to be the best, but we might need to leave earlier (i dunno).

~Fino

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Picking me up would be soo legit. To drive to pyro's and back it's gonna cost 10 bucks of my small 30$

Jace08

Smash Lord
Uh... if mjg can come he said his mom could drive him. Maybe you two live close by and could carpool?

Also Massive it sounds like taking your car would be the best way to go. We have 9 people confirmed so far:

jace
dmac
fino
pyro
jfro
massive
pc
mjg
markis

Let me know if I've forgotten anyone.

Fino

Smash Master
Uh... if mjg can come he said his mom could drive him. Maybe you two live close by and could carpool?

Also Massive it sounds like taking your car would be the best way to go. We have 9 people confirmed so far:

jace
dmac
fino
pyro
jfro
massive
pc
mjg
markis

Let me know if I've forgotten anyone.
Lol, why is MJ still on the list? His mom is driving him :p

~Fino

dmac

Smash Champion
k updated stuff, waiting on pyro to talk to me, jfro is raging at the state of our economic system and can't go, phat couldn't get off work, rezo is dead to me. pryo seems like he wants to go so for now im still counting him in. god **** it im so tired, had to wake up super early today and i want to sleeeeeeeeeeeeep

xbombr

Smash Ace
Man I really want to go to this since it's only 3 hours away from my college, but if I spend the money on the gas to get there my parents will be so pissed. :\

xbombr

Smash Ace
lol I go to college at Northwest Missouri State. A drive to Des Moines is around 3 hours or so (at the speed limit). I was thinking about going...but I don't really have the money for gas at the moment.

And yes at this point I am just some random new guy. :(

dmac

Smash Champion
it says 3 hours... but its only 150 miles, stupid slow country roads i guess... just go highway speeds and you'll get there in 2 hours

xbombr

Smash Ace
Hmm...yeah knowing northern Missouri, it's a probably a bunch of stupid country roads. This isn't too much further than a drive home actually. I'll see what I can do.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Get Z to come. Get Markis to harass cups until he comes. Rob a store with Jfro. Let's make this a party. I still say 9am.

Stupid phat gamer :(

Stupid Rezo gamer :(

Jace08

Smash Lord
So now it's actually 7 people

me
dmac
markis
pc
Fino
massive
pyro

Yeah Pyro's still seems like the best place to meet at tomorrow morning. Or maybe cherry if Pyro can't make it.

If anyone needs to get a hold of me tomorrow morning again my number is (913) 787- 3094

dmac

Smash Champion
maaaaaaaaaan if pyro falls through, meet up at cherry

hopefully he contacts me soon :-/

yes old *** balls cherry street dorms

if we only have 6 people fuuuuuuuuuck

dmac

Smash Champion
its the only safe place we can leave cars :(

k just spoke to pyro

he is STILL UNSURE WHAT THE **** HE WANTS TO DO HOLY ****.

but he still might want to go... gawd

either way assume he and jfro aren't going, and meet up at cherry street at 9:30 at the VERY latest, we need to be on the road towards des moines at 9:31. shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30YW3wgRvyI accurately describes my mood right now

Jace08

Smash Lord
Pc I'm pretty sure Cherry is closer for you than Pyro's though

Pyyyrrrroooo

Edit: Massive what's your cell so we can call you tomorrow?

dmac

Smash Champion
man i feel terrible, didnt' get near enough sleep :-/ only got like 3 hours of sleep.... i dont understandddddddddddd

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I feel pretty good this time. Though I couldn't practice cuz somebody ****ed up the tv in my room

Dmac should I bring a setup?

Jfro

Smash Cadet
hey guys sorry for missing the tourny i promise ill try harder to make it to the next one, but how did it go?

Top Bottom