• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

dan smith

Smash Champion
HEY SLUTS AND BUTTS, Dan Luckey and I thirst for victory! Victory over YOU!!

Specifically, I am going to shamelessly infinite chain grab Darkrain's DK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dijmBkC3_HE

Enjoy the awesome Smash Mouth song in that Youtube video too...it is as terrible of a song as your getting destroyed by us will be brutal.

AxioM

Smash Cadet
I would be willing to have Smash nights at my apartment. I have a fairly spacious living room area, 3 couches and a 47 inch TV with a surround sound, so it wouldn't be cramped with say half a dozen people or so. (Not bragging about my setup, it's average at best, I just want people to know there's space.)

The hitch is, I don't have a Wii. So anyone wanting to do smash nights here, would have to bring a Wii, and some pads. That aside, I'd be willing to host sessions, just let me know when is good for you guys.

Ah, and since I don't have this posted anywhere else on the boards here, I'll post it now. It's a small time tournament but, I'm running a tournament here at my apartment this coming Saturday (The 22nd) for any interested parties. The turnout will be very small, unless anyone decides to let their friends know. (Just keeping it real)

For anyone interested, the addy is:

7679 Charles St. Lenexa KS 66216
Tournament start time depends on when everyone shows up, but should be around 3 PM.

Like I said, it's going to be pretty small time, and rules are negotiable*. Entry fee will be either Free, or $5 if people insist on having a prize pot. The other game played will be Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection. If there's any other questions or comments, post em' up. Hope to see whoever on Saturday.

* - Rules will most likely be 1v1, double elim, no item, 3 Stock (is that becoming the new tournament standard for Brawl?) and a limited number of stages. Since I'm not familiar with what the banned tournament stages are yet, or even if there are any so far, I'll let someone with a bit more experience fill me in on that.

PEACE.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
HEY SLUTS AND BUTTS, Dan Luckey and I thirst for victory! Victory over YOU!!

Specifically, I am going to shamelessly infinite chain grab Darkrain's DK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dijmBkC3_HE

Enjoy the awesome Smash Mouth song in that Youtube video too...it is as terrible of a song as your getting destroyed by us will be brutal.
lol it looks all nice and purty........but the real question is........can you grab him? i highly doubt it will be as easy as it looks in the video.

when it comes to banned stages for brawl, it would be easier to say the allowed ones. Battlefield, final destination, delfino plaze, smashville, yoshi's islkand, adn lylat cruise are the allowed ones.

Shaka

Smash Rookie
lawl i went to school with you dan but you dont know me because i used to dressed like a G..... we had an english class together senior year. I played against you guys at some of the adrenalan tournaments before i found out before serious tournament style play then after that i started destorying my friends with what ive learned. Now im stuck playing my friends that are terrible like one you might know named brad klug haha.. but seriously i need to play people not online w/o ****ty delay and start playing people irl haha...

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
Ill be in kc on the 29th for that game stop tourne. Who won in the kc district? Paradox is comin too so we can prob get some matches in. But really who won. . .

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Ok, finally got some internet axecess. Yeah, I got call from a friend who needed a jump on Saturday on the way back from QT so I had to bail...

Anyway, sorry to those people who missed my legendary "Good-Bye!" technique.

BTW, C-had doesn't play a bad Ivysaur. Just seems like PT can be camped and spammed too easily. I challenge any to not get lazer ***** as Charizard.

DrSalvador

Smash Cadet
I won my district, but I am not sure if it includes the KC area. The district tourney was in topeka. The regional tournament is NEXT saturday (the 29th) at Gamestop at "Zona/Rosa SC, 7106 NW 86th Terr., Kansas City, MO". You can cheer me on if you want, I could use a fanbase :)

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Yeah, some people's connections are definately bad. No one here around me gives an almost lag free match, yet when I play with my friend that lives in Dallas, Texas, we have virtually no lag.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
i'm so condused cuz i really dont have lag just like 1/4 a sec lag...but thats kinda expected i mean its online...but i have a question can it look normal on your screen while on yer opponents its real laggy or are both players seeing the the same thing....

cuz sumtimes i think people use the whole laggy thing as an excuse but i could be wrong...cuz this kid just scuks so bad that even with lag u shouldnt be doin the things he does...lol

Sweet Hat

Smash Cadet
I felt lost for a second because everyone's picture is different 'cept dmac's and DYC's. I'm handing out the Sweet Hat of Shame.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Do you still play Ganon though Dmac? I mean, he's a little bit...worse...in Brawl.

Yo Shaka, I remember you, your name used to be...hmmm...let me think...something with an M right?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i'm so condused cuz i really dont have lag just like 1/4 a sec lag...but thats kinda expected i mean its online...but i have a question can it look normal on your screen while on yer opponents its real laggy or are both players seeing the the same thing....

cuz sumtimes i think people use the whole laggy thing as an excuse but i could be wrong...cuz this kid just scuks so bad that even with lag u shouldnt be doin the things he does...lol
Oh the lag is there. when i play with yoiu though the lag isn't a factor, but for some people it can get very high, and in basic brawl i have had greater then .5 sec lag.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this is a basic game mechanic thing or not, but I found a really stupid trick.
Some characters can d-tilt then turn around while still ducking. Just hold the opposite direction while the d-tilt is out. After the attack, you will be facing the other direction. Samus, Mario, Pit, Dedede, Sheik, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ike, Yoshi, Wolf, Ness, and Olimar can't do this.
This might be an odd buffering thing, but you can't switch direction while ducking normally. It has no advantages, since d-tilts always are in front.

ArtikFox

Smash Rookie
I might try to go, but I can't really make any promises. I gotta get back to school the Monday after this event, and after a recent trip to Wisconsin, I really need sleep. Still, I'll keep an eye on this. It looks fun.

dmac

Smash Champion
i just had an awesome aim conversation i decided to share with everyone!

[22:58] Fredan421: hey
[22:58] deathmac1319: hi
[22:59] Fredan421: any good at brawl
[22:59] deathmac1319: yeah im pretty decent
[22:59] Fredan421: u kno of any tournys in ma
[23:00] deathmac1319: massachusetts?
[23:00] Fredan421: ya
[23:00] deathmac1319: no i dont know of any tournaments in that area
[23:00] deathmac1319: i live in kansas
[23:02] Fredan421: then how do i have u on my smash list
[23:03] deathmac1319: because you probably put me on there
[23:03] Fredan421: ya but y?
[23:03] Fredan421: it's been so long
[23:03] Fredan421: o well
[23:03] deathmac1319: no idea.
[23:03] Fredan421: sry to brother u
creepy.

dmac

Smash Champion
just some funny things i stumbled across...

--------

Snake: What's with this guy? He keeps screaming about drills or something...

Col: That's Lord Kamina, Snake. He's the leader of the Gurren Brigade. He also owns a giant robot named "Gurren".

Snake: He sure does like the word Gurren. Wait, a giant robot? Like Metal Gear?

Col: Not exactly. This robot combines with a smaller robot called Lagann, and is fueled by its pilots' fighting spirit.

Snake: Fighting spirit?! That's impossible! It's unreasonable!

Col: Kamina goes beyond the impossible and kicks reason to the curb, Snake.

Snake: What does that even mean?!

-

Snake: Colonel, they let a cripple on the battlefield...

Colonel: That's no ordinary cripple, Snake. That's Gregory House, a world-renowned diagnostician. His mobility is pretty low with that cane, but get too close and he might whack you with it hard. If you can take it from him he'll be practically immobile.

Snake: I'm not going to steal a cripple's cane! Anything else to worry about?

Colonel: As long as he takes his Vicodin he's nearly impervious to pain. He won't even flinch.

Snake: So close-range battle is completely out of the question, then.

Colonel: If you steal his cane-

Snake: I'm not going to steal his cane!

--

Snake: ... I know this kind of outfit...

Mei Ling: Hm?

Snake: I've fought Ryu and Akuma. This... this is another one of those guys, isn't it?

Mei Ling: ... no, Snake, that's Dan Hi-

Snake: I know his moves!! He's gonna do that uppercut... then... then that fireball.

Mei Ling: The hadoken? Haha... Snake, Dan couldn't -

Snake: I got him figured out... this is gonna be one hell of a fight, but experience is on my side. Martial arts master or not, I could win this...

Mei Ling: ...

Snake: ... Mei Ling?

Mei Ling: Go for it, Snake. You got a hard fight ahead of you... hehee... some say he's more powerful than Akuma!

Snake: !!!

Mei Ling: And one of his attacks... oh, Snake! All he does is flex and roll, but... it's said to be stronger than even Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu!

Snake: ... if I don't make it through this fight... tell Otacon... tell the Colonel... heh... you three. You've been the best.

Mei Ling: ... I'll pass it on.

----------
nake: Otacon, I... I think Luigi got dysentry or the gout or... scurvy, or something.

Otacon: That's not Luigi, Snake. That's Waluigi, his devious rival!

Otacon: His cunning and speed work in tandem with Wario's brute strength - they're a real dastardly duo, but haven't accomplished much yet - other than a few sports trophies.

Snake: He's loud and arrogant... not like Luigi at all. Still, he seems... I dunno... unnecessary.

Otacon: A lot of people think so, Snake, and he's bitter about it.

Otacon: He's a world-class cheater, and he'll pull out all the stops - bombs, piranha plants, electric traps, sports gear, even construction equipment!

Otacon: Try and dodge him, Snake. He has amazing reach and unexpected attacks, but his overblown over-acting leaves him awkward and vulnerable if he misses.

Snake: Maybe there's more to him than I thought. But... I just can't get over that name.

Otacon: It's an obvious pun in Japanese, Snake. I can explain, it if you'd li-

Snake: Maybe later.

Otacon: I have a diagram and everything...

Top Bottom