• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Cups

Smash Ace
well then don't look in the thread for a bit, it'll return to the random posting of videos and insults in no time. clearly none of us mind new people, so if you all are so sensitive that you can't take a little joke about the massive influx of new people to the boards in general, then maybe you should get ready for tonight, because we have been known to call eachother "stupid" and "dumb," and we wouldn't want to hurt your feelings, b/c this is high school and everyone's feelings are most important, rather than having fun. hate smashboards.

CFMV

"The Marf"
oooh coops is showing up after all. i guess i'll have to play ROB the whole night and d-tilt the **** outta him.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Online? :p
Friends are what really matter right! /cheer

Anyway, I'm going to bring a Wii just incase there need be another set up. Been playing Falco a decent amount. Not constantly like some people, but I play a good bit.

Back SH to no lag lazer owns, if it hasn't already been posted on the forums then I'll be showing it off tonight, took a long *** time to get the timing right.

I have a record of 15-100 of getting the timing right on that technique.

Wraith

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I live about 15 minutes away (east) from Kansas City, Missouri.

If ya'll host any tournaments within an hour long drive, gimme a PM. I'll be there. =P

I play Ike, Wolf, and Fox.

Oh yeah, the reason I give a time amount from KC is because nobody's ever heard of Belton ROFL.

The only thing that'll bother me is the language... *shivers* Oh well. I guess ya'll have to have your trash talking. =P

DYC

Smash Champion
It was a lot of fun at the bario, you guys weree as good as i hoped you are. is there gonna be a tournament every week? or just every once in a while?
We have fun mock tourneys at barrio smash every week. Real tourneys (aka money involved) don't happen nearly so often.

Cups

Smash Ace
another ike huh? well you can learn from the best ike in the midwest (Z, teh ownerer)

had fun tonight, love prism and nopants, so funny. I reacquired the Wii for plus 5 charisma guys, sorry DYC, maybe you can finish Radiant Dawn soon lol, before I spoil the ending.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, the reason I give a time amount from KC is because nobody's ever heard of Belton ROFL.
I actually have a family friend in Belton, and it's where I spent the first few months of my life.... interesting, welcome aboard.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Whatever, Markis. I've been wanting Bulbasaur since 64. Ivysaur has a great poking game and wonderful kill moves. He's just awkward.

Coops, have you played Daugherty yet?

MprisM

Smash Journeyman
Stop whining markis, I get gimp killed all the **** time because of tether recoveries.

But part of that is due to my massive prism DI, that and my opponents powerful downwurd smurshes.

Chili Dogs. =D

EDIT - BPS you have a really good bowser!

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I gave PT a second chance and he failed. He may do good at UMKC dormsmen, but against anyone good, he's just one edgehog from ****ed up. Time to find a new main.

Jesi

Smash Ace
games were too good! looking forward to next week... don't know who i'm maining still...what do you guys think? :)

Cups

Smash Ace
yeah after watching david just backthrow ivysaur off the edge, up b into him, and then grabbing the edge 20 times, i'm pretty convinced ivysaur is terrible. markis kept trying new and different things, but kept dying. Mediator no one pwns with Ivysaur lol, pwning with ivysaur is surviving past 50 % ha ha. prism don't even start to compare zss recovery to ivysaur, totally different, zss actually has pretty **** good recovery for tether, and if you can't recover, then she can just kill them with side b or something, and she has down b and wall jumping, so NO.

No i haven't played Daugherty. Sometimes KC people (no one else does really) call me coops because one time someone put an umlaut on the u in cups in a tourney and then people started calling me coops. Most of the credit goes to N64, who refused to call me anything but that for a while, so then the rest of the crew sort of picked it up. Everybody after just call me that because they hear others calling me it. It seems people call me coops whenever i do something really dumb or something really amazing, and usually it's yelled and not just spoken. Whatever, it is the mystery of the Coops. Use at your own discretion.

only1Z

Smash Champion
the dk thing....david was doing it to any character that wasn't teching by the end of the night....
Ike can be gimped fairly early as well....

dmac

Smash Champion
i figured out how to counter it, its calling beating the **** outta darkrain before he grabs you. its just like countering the wobbles! although i did get beat most of the time its still the best counter heh heh

To Wraith : Yes, we are a very vulgar bunch of people, and it shows in our conversations on the forums and in person. However, we are also a very nice group of people, and we are very tolerant of a wide variety of things, so if you do come, and find it to be too offensive in one way or another, im sure we can at least *try* to tone it down. There is also the occasional alcoholic beverage, so if thats a problem too just try to ignore that :(

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Stop whining markis, I get gimp killed all the **** time because of tether recoveries.

But part of that is due to my massive prism DI, that and my opponents powerful downwurd smurshes.

Chili Dogs. =D

EDIT - BPS you have a really good bowser!
Ah, shucks. You've got a pretty nice Bowser yourself?

DYC

Smash Champion
i figured out how to counter it, its calling beating the **** outta darkrain before he grabs you. its just like countering the wobbles! although i did get beat most of the time its still the best counter heh heh

To Wraith : Yes, we are a very vulgar bunch of people, and it shows in our conversations on the forums and in person. However, we are also a very nice group of people, and we are very tolerant of a wide variety of things, so if you do come, and find it to be too offensive in one way or another, im sure we can at least *try* to tone it down. There is also the occasional alcoholic beverage, so if thats a problem too just try to ignore that :(
I'm not toning down ****.

**** You.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
hey good game to anybody ive played with so far

hey also whens the next time yall are getting together to smash cuz its my spring break and i wanna come...

can i get directions, a phone number, an address, a time, a day...i know yall meet in KC right?

also how do i unlock Wolf u guys!?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Yay for spring break. are we doing anything special for it? any all day brawling?

edit: there is also a third way of getting wolf. beat boss battle mode with fox or falco.

dmac

Smash Champion
well we typically only get together on saturday evenings at the barrio, and i dont think there are any plans for any weekday occurances since dorkrain doesn't have spring break till next week

6627 e15th terrace
kansas city, mo

if anyone else is willing to open up their homes we could probably go there too on other days

Top Bottom