• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
When I said I'd play the handicap card about the classic controller, I was serious. I don't have to grip it, just let it rest, on my left hand.
It didn't affect my playing, but it did make me leave earlier.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I just like to type.

I'm not trying to be different for the sake of it. The classic controller causes me less pain, so I'm just asking for a bit of patience.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Berserk-o/smash Brawl Party

big c, GTFO.

on an completely unrelated note...

~~~~SPECIAL EVENT ~~~~
MARCH 15: 2PM to whenever

There was a little bit of talk about games an anime/manga this last Saturday. And it just so happens Davey's sister offered to let him borrow BERSERK. So since so many ppl like it and David hasn't seen it and it's been forever since I've even seen it, I purpose a Berserk/Brawl Day!

We'll have to start at the beginning though, so that's why the event is starting so early (which I might make it start earlier, I just need to check my work schedule, so the time is pending). We probably aren't going to watch the whole thing though because I'm sure peeps will want to fire up some brawl around 5ish or so. But I figure we'll have brawl in one room and berserk in the other maybe move a tv into my bedroom for berserk so ppl can watch until whenever. Bring your berserk fan gear, except z, because he has to bring his berserk fan gear everywhere he goes, for the rest of his life... haha

Plus it's the first week after the US release of brawl, so we should have at least 3 setups hopefully? Maybe 4, barrio will have 2 by default. Someone should bring an extra complete setup (TV+wii+smash). (Jayray?) :p

Get ready for a fun time, ppl should bring like snacks and pop and stuff for maximum fun.

You can also view this as a training week for those of you who want to hit up Big C's tournament the following weekend. :)

Cheers!

Your friendly neighborhood Jesi :)

Cups

Smash Ace
cherry street can bring all the setups you want jesi! me and markis are definitely down, though no spoilers for the noob markis.

i'm just scared berserk is gonna make everyone want to play ike. CALLING IT NOW, IKE IS Z AND I'S, GET YOUR OWN. btw markis is already talking of switching to AIKUH (ehkuh), seems he has beheld the power.

Jesi

Smash Ace
ssbxecho (3:42:17 PM): dude was phat for real about teamin willy beamin with me or is he krustin with DYC like i figured
ssbxecho (3:42:21 PM): cuz i need to find a kreeper

ssbxecho (3:45:16 PM): you guys will all be so nerdy by the time i get to start lol
darkk09 (3:45:20 PM): lulz
darkk09 (3:45:23 PM): crust man.
darkk09 (3:45:23 PM): lol
ssbxecho (3:45:28 PM): thats kreepn
darkk09 (3:45:32 PM): haha
ssbxecho (3:45:36 PM): is phat a nerd with GaW?
ssbxecho (3:45:43 PM): i heard dark is playin DK or somethin lol
darkk09 (3:45:58 PM): phat's pretty nerdn'..
darkk09 (3:46:01 PM): nerd larry bird
ssbxecho (3:46:17 PM): **** thats real deal allie mcbeal ....

lulllzzzz wtf? I laughed so hard at this i think i cried...maybe that's just me... lol

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I never said I'm switching to Ike, I just said he's someone I will consider since he's a character I like. All characters I like are someone I'm considering.

only1Z

Smash Champion
HOLY ****, BERSERK MARATHON NIGHT IS THE BEST IDEA I'VE EVER HEARD OF OMG!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it's fair to start David off on such a brutal note, such a young boy.

*I'll have a full brawl setup to bring for it.......lame.

Jesi

Smash Ace
I'm wondering why no one is posting anything...but i think it's cause smashboards is down every 3 seconds
.... ****.

CFMV

"The Marf"
yeah i gave up on even trying to read the boards, much less post anything. the connection times out more often than not.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I couldn't come to smash Saturday, my bro came home and we were just hanging out, and he couldn't leave because of his baby.

Definetly down for this Saturday, and for a little bit of Berserk, I've seen the Anime about 5 times, haven't started the manga yet. Maybe Z-Sama can bring the disk with the whole series on it?

Chad didn't go because he's a little ***** who's scared to go to smash by himself.

That would be cool though, I'll be there Saturday, I'm going to call in the my local ghetto Gamestop and see if they're having a Midnight Release (Benjamin Plaza, if anyone already knows.) so I'd probably have to leave around 11.

Can't wait to play some Brawl though, can anyone provide some links as of the fastest way to get all characters and stages? Then I can bring a setup...errr at least a Wii with all the goods.

Sad thing is, with Brawl coming out I'm going to have to quit WoW for a while... :( I got a twink warrior in the 40's brackets so..IDK.

darkrain

Smash Ace
No barrio smash this saturday

Me and jesi are going to St. Louis for a melee tournament/brawl midnight release and I know a few other people are going to a midnight release in lawrence. Next barrio get together will be the 15th, we should have atleast 4 brawl setups going then so no more 15 people hovering around one TV. We'll probably do a few singles/doubles brackets to make sure everyone gets play time.

The following week there is a tourney in Omaha and another in Indiana. I'd personally rather go to the one in IN but I can't really justify the 9 hour trip... Omaha is alot closer and they usually run decent tournaments.. so I say Omaha. Anyone of you guys ready to go to a tournament with this game yet?

Brawl owns BTW

only1Z

Smash Champion
Back when it was announced we said some of us were coming.....He just wants both of the free copies off of st. louis.

BTW, I think I'll be going to it.......I'll talk to one of ya about it.

Cups

Smash Ace
So I won't be at barrio for like a month FYI. Here are a list of reasons/johns why:
This weekend: jesi and darkrain MIA.
Next: Rolla for St. Patty's
After: Easter weekend, going home
After that: Ben Folds Concert

So I'm going to be terrible at Brawl, I hate you all, especially Z. I figured I will put my words in my own mouth.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
I may try to attend the Lawrence Midnight release tourney. Also I've already asked off to be able to go to the Omaha tourney so I should be set on that.

Echo

Smash Champion
I may try to attend the Lawrence Midnight release tourney. Also I've already asked off to be able to go to the Omaha tourney so I should be set on that.
yessss too good :) the doubles tourney is ours!!
its hard to say without having the game in my own hands yet... but I think imma play Marth this dude looks too fun. maybe some sheik. lucas is tight though. maybe some Samus? Link's cool, too. Dayum this game might just be too good all together. lol

Top Bottom