• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kamek discussion thread ~ Kamek advances in teh battle! stats added

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
"spelling

if they are intelligent ( they don't just post KAMEK FOR BRAWL)

if they are going to contribute and do something in the club. Not just post and never post again.

EDIT: how does it ruin the group"

^ Lololol hoo evr wroat thiz waz tolly descrybing m3eee :D lawl, zomg like 4 paijz uhgo aye wroat: Foook yaaaaa kamekkkk 4 brawwlllllll

Okaye bt srsly, !t loox lyke yall r havin som truble figuren owt hiz FinelSmash

Obv !t wud b 'im flyin' ovr tha staij onn hiz broomst!ck && drawppin wavez ov colurphul m4dness ovr hiz opponentz 4 teh supa-shrinkage efx 2 mak 4 teh ez KO aftr tha phact :p

wo0t, nawt ay singul wurd iz spelld korrectly, lolololol :p

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
There was a time when they were going to put him in mario kart 64. Perhaps if he had made it in that roster, things would be different today. I'm still kinda sad he wasn't chosen back then :(

Kamek would be a great addition to SSB for so many reasons. More magic users is always good and he could get an original moveset. At the moment the cast feels dominated by melee/sword users. He is one of the few interesting characters that remain in the mario world (sorry, but baby bowser, daisy, waluigi etc. are just.... :urg:) and I loved all the games he's been in :D.

I hope he at least makes it as a miniboss in the SSE.

3D King

Smash Journeyman
DK never appeared in a Mario Sport game before then, correct? Think of how different it would be without him. No DK in any of those games. Wow...

Oh and people wouldn't always call DK a Mario Rep.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So, how fast/heavy should Kamek be?
Well, since Kamek can teleport, I'd say a fair amount of speed. On how heavy he is, they can't make the mistake they did with Mewtwo by being able to teleport and be light, so I'd say balance for both. The only question is how powerful is Kamek?

3D King

Smash Journeyman
what would the fs be? (i didnt see it in the first post).
Well, the idea of a giant kamek has been given. Super power spells and riding around on his broom.

I have no personal preference for either of them. I'd like something with his Toadies.

On Kamek's power, well his spell attacks should be pretty strong with those wand swings being fairly weak, eh?

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
So, how fast/heavy should Kamek be?
I'm thinking the following as Kameks stats considering hes a mage-
Speed-***-moderate(mages are fast considering they have nothing to weigh them down, but suffer from lacking physical strength so their speed falls short.)
Reach-**-Low(yeah, the rod hes ain't too big this again refers to smash attacks.)
Jump:****-High(considering characters all have double jumps, his second
Knockback-**Low(This is Reffering to smash attacks, considering his rod probably doesn't do much damage without using his spell kameks knockback probably isn't too high.)
Attack Speed-***1/2(hi (its doesn't take much effort to swing a rod around, quite rapid swings are easy.)
Weight-**(hes quite small I can't see him weighting much more than an kirby when hes(kirby) not enflated.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Kamek would be interesting, better than Bowser Jr. But if he doesn't make the cut, hopefully he is an AT.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
Kamek would be interesting, better than Bowser Jr. But if he doesn't make the cut, hopefully he is an AT.
I agree about the Bowser Jr. thing, personally I hate him for replacing the orginal koopa kids, and the fact that hes nothing but a clone of baby bowser((yoshi's island) with a hankercheif and his magic paintbrush. If hes a at he shoot just go mad and shoot magic bolts all over the place and teleport around.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
What's wrong with Bowser Jr.? Sheesh. He'd be a Mario rep and Kamek would be a Yoshi's Island rep. If you put Kamek in the Mario rep race, then he wouldn't have much of a chance.

3D King

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys

http://www.spriters-resource.com/ni...e.com/nintendo/mario/platform/smw/enemies.png

See that thing beside the wiggler?

Kamek was a Super Mario World enemy.
There's an enemy in the Mario series called a Magikoopa. These "Koopa Magicians" take orders from the best Magikoopa, Kamek. While Kamek does appear similar, he often has a slight difference in clothing and, as proven in many games, is his own character.

Kamek can also be used as the Japanese name for Magikoopa.

Tpoto

Smash Cadet
I wat to be a kamekian! Lol I always thought he was a she tho. I played Yoshi's Island when I was young...er and I think I just assumed Kamek=Witch Witch=girl so Kamek=Girl... But yah, definately needs to be in brawl.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
I wat to be a kamekian! Lol I always thought he was a she tho. I played Yoshi's Island when I was young...er and I think I just assumed Kamek=Witch Witch=girl so Kamek=Girl... But yah, definately needs to be in brawl.
Uh, Kamek's a guy, your probably thinking of kammy or kammella from paper mario and galaxy, they got no chance of getting in, not over Kamek.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So let me get this straight he was in all of them except for story so does that meen he was a main character in them all ???
He's the main antagonist for Yoshi's Island for SNES, and Yoshi's Island 2 for DS.
He also shows up in some RPG games, like Mario and Luigi, partners in time.

Top Bottom