• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Tired of leaks, despair, and speculation? Kool off with TropicalBreeze TropicalBreeze 's patented "Croc fact of the day"! Only $19.95. Not suitable for small children or women who are nursing, pregnant, or may become pregnant. See an associate for more details.
...What? I get bored of the standard into sometimes.

Croc fact of the day: crocodilians have some pretty dope eyes. First, there's the nicticating membrane, a sort of clear second eyelid that protects the eye while still allowing the critter to see underwater. But eyes tend to get sort of gummed up over time (think of that crust we get around ours), so they need a cleaning system: a small gland on the nicticating membrane secrets a salty sort of lubricant that keeps everything clean. It just washes off in the water, but on land, the fluid seeps out the side, kind of like tears. That's the basis for the 'crocodile tears' saying.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ok I heard inklings got leaked

I'm not even bothering

I WANT TO BE SURPRISED/HYPED FOR PEAK SAKE!!!!

Please be a character that's not inklings that day.
Inklings being leaked is a misnomer. They weren't leaked at all, Sean Hicks just brought up something Splatoon related and people jumped the gun and took it as a confirmation. We don't know what he meant, if it was true, anything.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Here is a pic I have worked on and off at since release. Just a collage of the fighters and separate splash and shadows that were an attempt to make all of the characters "pop" out, along with a custom Smash Emblem.

Super Smash Bros Wii U.jpg

Not sure if I posted another image I did awhile back but it is my take at a 3-D Smash Logo bursting through all the BIG TIME Smash Artwork (each with a different filter) that have been released thus far (minus Ryus' and maybe one or two others that I didn't like as much)!! Enjoy!

smash symbol.JPG

I can only hope to add K. Rool to this someday near or far from now..

Last edited:
Here is a pic I have worked on and off at since release. Just a collage of the fighters and separate splash and shadows that were an attempt to make all of the characters "pop" out, along with a custom Smash Emblem.

View attachment 77762

Not sure if I posted another image I did awhile back but it is my take at a 3-D Smash Logo bursting through all the BIG TIME Smash Artwork (each with a different filter) that have been released thus far (minus Ryus' and maybe one or two others that I didn't like as much)!! Enjoy!

View attachment 77764
aaaaaaaaaaand saved as background. Needed a good smash one.

Well done. Put K rool in it

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Inklings being leaked is a misnomer. They weren't leaked at all, Sean Hicks just brought up something Splatoon related and people jumped the gun and took it as a confirmation. We don't know what he meant, if it was true, anything.
Fantastic

Now I can still get hype for the mystery day.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
that would be really dumb because theyve never had a character such as that. the only characters whove had multiple versions of themselves are mario and peach with the babies and theyre significantly different. if you want to count metal mario and dry bowser even though theyve been referred to as completely separate characters from mario and bowser, they still are more than "x but with different clothes". that and k rool is too unimportant to the mario series specifically to deserve clones of himself.
Koopa + Paratroopa, Fly Guy + Shy Guy

CardboardedBox

Smash Rookie

- @Rueckkoppler
Sounds cruel, but I don't really care for Chibi Robo and his series, so he can be left out... Anyways, I'm just replying to your post because I LOVE your avatar, it's freakin' genius! I mean...Just look at it, guys: Combining two ballot hopes in the weirdest way possible :grin:

-----

It wont let me directly reply to you for some reason, so I don't know if you will see this comment, but Ha thanks. Although I can't take credit for the profile picture. I found it while flipping through random pictures on google. Amazingly enough, wasn't even searching for anything Snake or King K Rool related when I found it, so I don't know if I can find it again.

But when I did find it I thought it was too hilarious to pass up making it my profile picture. I would credit the maker, but I don't know who it was.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

View attachment 77762

View attachment 77764

I can only hope to add K. Rool to this someday near or far from now..
The first one looks pretty cool and seems to do pretty well with making them pop imo. They remind me of some little cardboard stand ups I used to get in cereals as a kid. Good job with it

The second one looks cool as well

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
It's called a for fun discussion, and it's not impossible, since K.Rool has been in sports spinoffs before, and if he is making a widespread comeback there's no reason not to use him. Also clones are a Mario spin-off staple

Honestly, K.Rool's personas would take about the same amount of time as say Dry bowser(who about 60% new model and 100% new textures), while the different identies require no modification to K.Rool's base appearance other than replacing his gear , and most of it's close to his body to not major animation work. Also interesting idea, I would think that Baron with his helipack would have a higher jump, while Krusha would have more power shots
I'm not saying K Rool's impossible, but all the Alternate K Rools have no chance

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
What are your guys' unbiased thoughts on a Direct being announced tomorrow.

I'm 50-50 right now

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Random Thought.

Does anyone think that is possible that the Smash Ring would get another 'alt' like with Little Mac's one, but instead of that, it is akin to K. Rool? Ala-

:bowser:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Random Thought.

Does anyone think that is possible that the Smash Ring would get another 'alt' like with Little Mac's one, but instead of that, it is akin to K. Rool? Ala-

:bowser:
I would like it to get skins for this and Dedede's boxing ring, but I doubt any more are possible due to how they're accessed - I can't readily think of another feasible easy button combination for triggering even one more alternate skin.

Handy Man

Smash Ace

I'm 50-50 right now
A Direct announcement tomorrow would be very nice to make up for the news drought we've been having, but it really shouldn't take this long to wait for a new Nintendo Direct to begin with. I feel like Iwata's passing is the biggest factor for a lack of Directs after E3.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I'm honestly thinking they are delaying the Direct (if there was ever one to begin with). The have the power to do so after all.

Regarding the Sean tweets. Im thinking it won't be K. Rool for the announcement. Because he said he will add said character to his main list in a reddit post he made to "disperse the rumors". And only 10% of Smash players would see a heavyweight and would want to main him/her. And yeah, we are special like that.

If its the Inklings, it will be cool and all but I will feel dissapointed just for the fact that yet again people couldn't keep their mouths shut. We get it, you know something we don't. Really hope these guys are good at fooling us or that Sakurai does the fooling like it happened back then before the Robin trailer, the Gematsu guy was leaking it would be Shulk.

And suddenly, Chrom on the floor.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
that would be really dumb because theyve never had a character such as that. the only characters whove had multiple versions of themselves are mario and peach with the babies and theyre significantly different. if you want to count metal mario and dry bowser even though theyve been referred to as completely separate characters from mario and bowser, they still are more than "x but with different clothes". that and k rool is too unimportant to the mario series specifically to deserve clones of himself.
Without Mario, Donkey Kong wouldn't exist, and as a result, K. Rool wouldn't exist either. He seems pretty important to Mario canon to me.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
A Direct announcement tomorrow would be very nice to make up for the news drought we've been having, but it really shouldn't take this long to wait for a new Nintendo Direct to begin with. I feel like Iwata's passing is the biggest factor for a lack of Directs after E3.
Yeah I think Iwata is for sure the reason.

But we need Smash news, I heard Splatoon news is coming, and almost nothing is known about Mario Tennis (and another game, but I forget what it is lol) which comes out next month.

So I actually feel like one is coming

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I really h
Agreed. I really do hope there is a Direct announcement tomorrow. If there is not, than we have waited for this week to come all for nothing.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
To lift everyone's spirits, I just found the ULTIMATE remix for Hideout Helm and Army Dillo's rematch theme for Crystal Caves!!!
Here's the source of these GOD-TIER DK64 remixes!: https://www.youtube.com/user/YoshiDude12/videos
We can listen to this while waiting for King K. Rool to be playable! Seriously, remixes like these make me annoyed that the most we got out of new DK music was remixes of the main theme since DK Country.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, Really sorry bout the double post, but I just HAD to post this:
:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
The nostalgia..this music is so beautiful......it hurts so much, I'm practically crying from hearing this. Grant Kirkhope would be SO proud of this...If we EVER get a DK64 remake, I'd hope they use this. Only thing that REAAAAAAAAALY bugs me...WE NEED THE ORIGINAL VOICE ACTING IN THIS VIDEO!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:Seriously! The feels I would get from hearing King K. Rool's booming voice with this music!

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'm honestly thinking they are delaying the Direct (if there was ever one to begin with). The have the power to do so after all.

Regarding the Sean tweets. Im thinking it won't be K. Rool for the announcement. Because he said he will add said character to his main list in a reddit post he made to "disperse the rumors". And only 10% of Smash players would see a heavyweight and would want to main him/her. And yeah, we are special like that.

If its the Inklings, it will be cool and all but I will feel dissapointed just for the fact that yet again people couldn't keep their mouths shut. We get it, you know something we don't. Really hope these guys are good at fooling us or that Sakurai does the fooling like it happened back then before the Robin trailer, the Gematsu guy was leaking it would be Shulk.

And suddenly, Chrom on the floor.
Tell me what kinds of characters does this Sean guy main? Also I tend to main villains aka heavy weights/ Mid heavy weights.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Thing is, that'd be completely out of character for Sakurai. While he's been okay with using costumes or stages as cross-promotion tools, that's never been the main reason he's pushed for a character's inclusion. He cares more about what a character could bring to Smash than the character's identity or what series it represents.

Sorry to cut in like that. I'm just sick and tired of seeing such a flawed argument be treated as a trump card.
Do you...do you think that this reasoning would ever be listed as the reason a character were included, true or not?

What is Sakurai going to say, "I added this character to promote another game, not because he has merit on his own accord?" We would never be told if a character were included primarily for promotion.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
They could announce shrek tomorrow and I'd be... satisfied. With no character ANYTHING for months now, I'm so ready for my fill. Hopefully tomorrow. It could be Inklings, IRDC, just something.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh to bring some faith for the direct this week rumor.

The guys who are making Pokemon go do not want to talk about till mid October.

This is about that zone so the direct could reveal stuff about Pokemon go.
This takes me back to a new Pokemon character. Or an old one. Such as the two veterans who are more known than any other cut characters, and were never given any attention by....anyone.

Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Ice Climbers. The last. Free to download.

Strange though, about this leak. Did Sakurai not explicitly state something about all future characters now being fan service?

Not that this means much. Fans seem to still give Chrom merit, and that is a point of view I just find purely divisive, selfish, and the paradigm of unnecessary.

Burruni

Smash Hero
This takes me back to a new Pokemon character. Or an old one. Such as the two veterans who are more known than any other cut characters, and were never given any attention by....anyone.

Strange though, about this leak. Did Sakurai not explicitly state something about all future characters now being fan service?

Not that this means much. Fans seem to still give Chrom merit, and that is a point of view I just find purely divisive, selfish, and the paradigm of unnecessary.
What about Sakurai stating that everything from here on out being fanservice contradicts the descriptions of the leak? While they did say that the character was not "chosen from the ballot," that doesn't mean they wouldn't still be fan service... especially if they met, as we've heard, as "9-10/10 hype" level.

If anything, it'd be a 1st party version of :4ryu: "A character that fans weren't aware they wanted," at the absolute worst.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Yes, I believe he literally (translations may vary) said "From here on out, the goal is fan service all the way."

Damn, I know I butchered that quote, but the essence was there.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Fanservice is a subjective term. For all we know, the costume could be considered fan service.

Also, I really hate that **** eating grin the Mii has. Like he's mocking us.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not saying K Rool's impossible, but all the Alternate K Rools have no chance
In Mario Tennis, if K. Rool did rank high in the ballot as we thought, I think he's got an excellent chance of making it in. However, he'd probably have a new outfit if anything that's tennis-themed, rather than having different costumes. In SMASH I could see him having his different costumes, but not in Mario Tennis.

I'm 50-50 right now
50-50 as well. We really do need one soon, though.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Do you...do you think that this reasoning would ever be listed as the reason a character were included, true or not?

What is Sakurai going to say, "I added this character to promote another game, not because he has merit on his own accord?" We would never be told if a character were included primarily for promotion.
You have a point. They probably wouldn't be overt about it. Still, though, wouldn't there be signs of it? Like if a character got in that had little else going for it other than a very recent game? Or a reveal that coincided with the character getting a new game revealed or released? Roy in Melee is the only real ambiguous case with that, and with him there was the bigger reason of Sakurai looking for a potential Marth clone.

And even that doesn't make up for how hesitant Sakurai has been to add characters from IPs that have only been around for a very short time. We've seen no reason yet to believe that's changed...

In Mario Tennis, if K. Rool did rank high in the ballot as we thought, I think he's got an excellent chance of making it in. However, he'd probably have a new outfit if anything that's tennis-themed, rather than having different costumes. In SMASH I could see him having his different costumes, but not in Mario Tennis.
There was a Mario Tennis ballot?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I am NOT particularly looking to debate the idea of what fan service means. My favourite happening on these boards, is the mass - dissection of quotations from Sakurai. The language barrier and contextual differences alone should make anything of that nature completely moot. Add in the changes that occur during development, and a huge propensity for desired surprise, and quite literally, we should never listen to anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom