• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Happy birthday to @Dudery and FAITH forever and a late one to @CardStealer1 !
It's been 4 months since the last characters (Roy and Ryu) were released to the public. That's quite the achivement there.

Honestly this feels like March of 2014 all over again, but 10 times worse.

The only thing we have is this Stealth_ rumor thingy that has been spreading recently.

So to kill some time, i want to ask some questions again:
¿Do you think that Smash 4 DLC will end this year?

¿Do you think there's a chance that the DLC might last until 2016?

¿If it last until next year, how much it would last in your eyes?

In your eyes, ¿Would K.Rool be revealed early or at the very end?
1. Nope.
2. I think there is a lot of them.
3. Until E3
4. Both make sense. He could be use to hype the beginning with his awesomeness or finish the ballot with a grand finally. I hope he is early because I kinda made a bet.
Another question:
¿Do you think we are gonna see at least 1 more character before this year ends?
Yes, maybe even two if we're lucky.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
First off happy birthday @Dudery and FAITH forever hope it's a good one!!

I'm really looking foreword to this week to see if these rumors are true. Is it weird that I hope nothing happens? Mostly because it proves no one knows anything still and those "leakers" are full it. Sure that means were not getting any info but I hate it when people hold info over people's heads. Especially when they're not at all modest about it.

If it's true and we do get a direct then great were seeing something. Hopefully K. Rool but who knows. While I could see K. Rool being saved for the end to go out with a bang, part of me feels like they'd want to start the ballot DLC characters off with a bang so people don't lose interest so to speak. Not that people wouldn't care but imagine if the first announced character was Wolf while it would be great news for Wolf fans and it will be cool to see him, it would be underwhelming to a lot of people because he isn't a newcomer and that's what a lot of fans want to see. So whoever they announce first I feel will be pretty big. K. Rool and Inklings seem like good candidates. Though personally I could care less about Inklings.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Happy Birthday, @Dudery and FAITH forever . Have a great day! :)

-----------------------------------------

Another question:
¿Do you think we are gonna see at least 1 more character before this year ends?
I'm hopeful. 1 is certain and 2... isn't out if the question.

Considering they added 1 slot this update, it's a possible scenario that not one but two characters were in development already and we'll hear about both of them soon enough.

:231:

I think all of the planned downloadable content will be out before the year is over.

Keep in mind that all the content in a "wave" is developed concurrently, not one after the other. It will likely all be finished together, and - if work began right after Ryu and co. were released - it shouldn't take longer than another two months.

edit addition:
I also find it likely that the developers' contracts would be set to end with the new year, but of course I have no info on that.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
All this talk about supposed "leaks". Will Tuesday just come already?
Sorry, I just stumbled into this thread again... I've got to ask: Why Tuesday?

I heard they're canceling the Chibi-Robo series if zip-lash does bad, because every chibi game never sold well, and this might be their final attempt to sell the character. It would make sense that they would add chibi into smash to raise his popularity in hopes that they don't have to kill him off, even if many people didn't vote for him.
Sounds cruel, but I don't really care for Chibi Robo and his series, so he can be left out... Anyways, I'm just replying to your post because I LOVE your avatar, it's freakin' genius! I mean...Just look at it, guys: Combining two ballot hopes in the weirdest way possible :grin:

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Happy Birthday to @Dudery and FAITH forever , lets hope it is a good one as well!

Trust me its stressful, waiting for a character who has one of the best chances of getting into smash for months and months is stressful. Though yeah I don't get why they wouldn't do Wolf as a preballot assuming this leak is true, though I guess there could be other preballot characters. Krool would be nice, but I doubt he's preballot.
Being honest, I have never liked Wolf in smash. Star Fox 64 is in my top 5 n64 games, so I do appreciate the character. Even if I don't like him in smash, that doesn't mean I don't want him back. Idk why but the roster feels incomplete without him now that dlc is a thing. But I better not get too off topic.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
almost 1200 pages. We're the new "ridley thread" with our amount of pages. This thread has achieved that superpower-tier where Nintendo and many others MUST have seen us. Hype.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
It seems that the leaked character that so many knew about truly is the inkling. While I think we should take this with a graint of salt, we should be happy about the fact that the "costume deconfirm" a character could be debunked : it would give us the certitude that it's not ogre yet for the king (even if I believe it isn't even without them).

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
almost 1200 pages. We're the new "ridley thread" with our amount of pages. This thread has achieved that superpower-tier where Nintendo and many others MUST have seen us. Hype.
Ya whether or not we get our King as a konfirmed kharacter in Smash 4, this thread is going to grow and grow and grow, and GROW!!!!

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
It seems that the leaked character that so many knew about truly is the inkling. While I think we should take this with a graint of salt, we should be happy about the fact that the "costume deconfirm" a character could be debunked : it would give us the certitude that it's not ogre yet for the king (even if I believe it isn't even without them).
I think we all saw this coming anyway.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Let's not count our chickens before they hatch. The fact that so many people are coming out of the woodwork saying "OH! I know who the new dlc is!" is fishy in itself. And if it was/is inkling, we know there's more coming : P

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I trust Sean enough as a close acquaintance to think he wouldn't lie about having received info. Whether the information is real or not is a completely different matter, and of course you gotta ask whether or not he removed the tweets on account of people extrapolating anything from a casual conversation. Said this in the Inkling thread but Smash fans can be a nasty bunch, he's already received his share of harassment.

Not that it being Inklings wouldn't be a poorly kept secret. They tick off a bunch of coincidental checkboxes atm. Could be K. Rool but the sensibility of that seems very Ballot dependent unlike Inklings, so I get the feeling he's likely but only later down the road.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Maybe everyone who supposedly knows who the character is, is just figuring that it would/will in fact, be Inkling. There is supposed to be a Splatoon Direct this month right?.. Makes me wonder why anyone thinks it would be another character like King K. Rool...BUT anything could happen. (Looks back at The 50 Fact Extravaganza to surprisingly see Mewtwo at the end). Who knows guys...who knows..

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Maybe everyone who supposedly knows who the character is, is just figuring that it would/will in fact, be Inkling. There is supposed to be a Splatoon Direct this month right?.. Makes me wonder why anyone thinks it would be another character like King K. Rool...BUT anything could happen. (Looks back at The 50 Fact Extravaganza to surprisingly see Mewtwo at the end). Who knows guys...who knows..
Splatoon direct? Where the heck was this heard? I thought it would just be a general Nintendo Direct.
EDIT: Platoon =/= Splatoon

Last edited:

ChiliDawg

Smash Rookie
Inkling'll be a win for us...It'll shatter the "but he's a coooostttuuume" fallacy.

I mean it won't silence the "herp derp Bowser clone" (where does that even come from) and "relevance" and "not waifu/husbando enough" types but the myth of costumes dekongfirming potential characters will be put to rest.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Not fully sure about this yet, personally.

Don't yet put all your eggs in the Inkling's basket yet unless you want to risk being disappointed.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
The Direct is only a theory proposed by Splatoon's dataminer as a few updates to things in Splatoon suggest that it's slated to receive a major Octoling related update this month. She very much based it on estimates but she's been right before in nailing certain dates for Splatoon updates (mostly because a lot of it was on disc). That said with the Smash murmurs coinciding with a lot of Splatoon stuff it was cause to believe that maybe this proposed Direct would be Splatoon focused and also end up with a simultaneous Smash reveal.

If not, it's a crazy coincidence.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's going to be Splatoon info coming, and there's possibly going to be a Nintendo Direct that will announce it, but that Splatoon update probably isn't enough to encompass an ENTIRE Nintendo Direct on its own. Its more likely to be a distinct part of a Nintendo Direct instead.

Don't yet put all your eggs in the Inkling's basket yet unless you want to risk being disappointed.

I'm in agreement here. He might've just been having casual conversation, and some people took it as confirmation he was talking about Inklings, and then he deleted the tweets in desperation to get people to stop talking about it only for people to take it as sure confirmation that he's saying its Inklings.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
That's going to be Splatoon info coming, and there's possibly going to be a Nintendo Direct that will announce it, but that Splatoon update probably isn't enough to encompass an ENTIRE Nintendo Direct on its own. Its more likely to be a distinct part of a Nintendo Direct instead.
A week ago I would agree with you but now I don't think that's the case. Considering Nintendo have already put out updates for titles like Fatal Frame and Tri-Force Heroes I really don't think we're getting an all-purpose Direct. We're a little beyond that point right now.

A Splatoon Mini-Direct that details new modes, Octolings, stages/weapons etc. with a Smash reveal would make a lot more sense right now if this particular rumor has any veracity since it'd be quite a segment to detail. Though I might be wrong on that.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I miss Directs :( they were hype

I would be so happy if they announced one tomorrow and had it on the 14th

And if the first character is Inkling and I'm expecting them to save the best character for last. Which means someone better than Inkling *cough* *cough* K Rool

Last edited:

Uzume

Orange Heart
I just don't believe in leaks anymore, it's way too easy to generate false hope with posting vague hints then immediately deleting them to cause a stir up. Unless if theres video evidence, I will not give into them only to have my hopes crushed. Sorry if the wording in this message is weird, typing from my phone.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A week ago I would agree with you but now I don't think that's the case. Considering Nintendo have already put out updates for titles like Fatal Frame and Tri-Force Heroes I really don't think we're getting an all-purpose Direct. We're a little beyond that point right now.

A Splatoon Mini-Direct that details new modes, Octolings, stages/weapons etc. with a Smash reveal would make a lot more sense right now if this particular rumor has any veracity since it'd be quite a segment to detail. Though I might be wrong on that.
The problem is there's a lot of info they still haven't shown off for other games (Mario Tennis, Amiibo Festival), they still have yet to show off the new Mobile game, and there's going to be Pokemon info "mid-month" as well.

And most importantly they've NEVER, EVER revealed Smash info in a game-specific Direct. PERIOD. Not once have they EVER done this.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The problem is there's a lot of info they still haven't shown off for other games (Mario Tennis, Amiibo Festival), they still have yet to show off the new Mobile game, and there's going to be Pokemon info "mid-month" as well.

And most importantly they've NEVER, EVER revealed Smash info in a game-specific Direct. PERIOD. Not once have they EVER done this.
Splatoon Mii costumes in the Splatoon direct?

As for info, yeah, that Mario Tennis game comes out NEXT MONTH, and we know very little about it.

Unless everything that we haven't seen is deliberately hidden.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Let's not count our chickens before they hatch. The fact that so many people are coming out of the woodwork saying "OH! I know who the new dlc is!" is fishy in itself. And if it was/is inkling, we know there's more coming : P
That's why I said this :
While I think we should take this with a graint of salt.
All I'm saying is that, if this leak is real, it's a good sign for us. (Also both of you used eggs related expression:bee:)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That's why I said this :

All I'm saying is that, if this leak is real, it's a good sign for us. (Also both of you used eggs related expression:bee:)
It wasn't directed at you specifically ...okay, maybe just a little

It's interesting what all this build-up will lead to, in any case.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm more upset at the idea of it being a Splatoon only direct, as it further reinforces the fact that Nintendo has literally nothing on the horizon.
Im gonna sell my WiiU soon for some Dumbells

(Not joking)
Well if K.Rool doesnt get added.
Sm4sh has given me everything im bored

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sorry, I just stumbled into this thread again... I've got to ask: Why Tuesday?
Because, there is a rumor from a reliable source that there should be a Direct on Wednesday, and if that is true, it will most likely be announced tomorrow.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord

Sorry but the latter paragraph strikes me as yet another arbitrary requirement that people assume Smash has for a character inclusion and/or reveal. For one thing the aforementioned Mii costumes ordeal goes against the "no Smash info in game-specific Directs" and while I get that you can repurpose that into being Smash characters specifically; there's never been a game specific Direct during Smash Bros 4's tenure that has had a character starring as an inclusion requiring to be revealed, so there's no magic "requirement" for a reveal. Reveals have happened in a bunch of ways. One of them was behind closed doors. One of them was during a specific livestream since they didn't know where else to reveal them. The most uncharacteristic reveal of all was in a Japanese exclusive Direct that had no advertisement in the west what-so-ever, and despite that it wouldn't matter because Smash doesn't "need" live reveals. The news spread around on the internet fast. Reveal videos can easily get a million views on YouTube. Exposure isn't a problem, they could put up a newcomer video right this second completely unannounced and it'd still make noise. Being revealed in a segment exclusive to Splatoon is probably one of the least "unfavorable" ways of revealing something.

That aside yes, they do have some titles they haven't revealed a lot of information for but again I struggle to see how they can fit that under a 40 minute Direct when AC Amiibo Festival will probably be marketed the same way as Happy Home Designer (especially since they've already revealed several bundles), Paper Jam is still a ways off and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is probably another game that they'll treat with minimal exposure. The latter seems like the only game that will do people any favors, but everything else is probably more likely held off for a January 2016 Direct where they can also go through most of the delayed titles.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been keeping up much with these "I know the next newcomer but I'm not telling you" twitter assholes, but what makes them so certain its Inkling?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I haven't been keeping up much with these "I know the next newcomer but I'm not telling you" twitter ********, but what makes them so certain its Inkling?
No one has said its Inkling. SeanHicksART chatted with someone and said something Splatoon related, people took it as confirmation he meant it was Inkling, and he deleted the tweet to try and keep it from spreading. It didn't work.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I haven't been keeping up much with these "I know the next newcomer but I'm not telling you" twitter ********, but what makes them so certain its Inkling?
It being Inklings is more so a theory based on what several of these Twitter guys have been saying about the alleged newcomer (first party character, not a ballot choice, makes sense, will likely cause a lot of social media buzz etc.) couple with Splatoon looking likely to receive a major update soon which would coincide nicely. No one has actually come out and said who it is though.

That said it could arguably apply to some other characters. K. Rool checks off some of those boxes I think but I still think it's more likely he'll be a ballot choice since I don't think there'd be much basis of Nintendo jumping onto his development for the October-estimate juncture without having seen the full fan turnout, so I look forward to hopefully seeing that pan out.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I am also inclined to think the Inkling thing may not be true as many people are just pulling our leg at this point. I mean, what gives these guys credence? I know Roger was an NoA employee and there's other industry affiliated dudes but who are these other people and why tell them?

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Etika, King Hate K Rool himself, was in on it since he stayed with Roger for Paragon.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It being Inklings is more so a theory based on what several of these Twitter guys have been saying about the alleged newcomer (first party character, not a ballot choice, makes sense, will likely cause a lot of social media buzz etc.) couple with Splatoon looking likely to receive a major update soon which would coincide nicely. No one has actually come out and said who it is though.

That said it could arguably apply to some other characters. K. Rool checks off some of those boxes I think but I still think it's more likely he'll be a ballot choice since I don't think there'd be much basis of Nintendo jumping onto his development for the October-estimate juncture without having seen the full fan turnout, so I look forward to hopefully seeing that pan out.
I think it could be K. Rool if they saw him zooming ahead early on, and saw how popular and highly requested he was even before the ballot as well. Simply seeing all the requests for him online, they could've been "we just need a little bit more info, how will be fare in a worldwide ballot?" and if he also did well there within the first month, he's a for-sure set pick.

Inklings, even if started at the earliest possible point, would likely not be ready in time for October. Why?

Clearly they had no intention of doing Inklings at the time Splatoon launched, otherwise they wouldn't have made the costumes, they would've said something like "stay tuned for Inklings coming in Smash!" If anything, they would've planned Inklings for Splatoon's launch, and Nintendo did not realize it would be such a massive success, either. By E3 they knew it was popular, but that still likely wouldn't be enough to justify it yet. They'd have to wait longer and see it skyrocket before finally deciding, and by roughly the end of June/early July is likely when they'd finally settle on creating Inklings. And that's simply not enough time for a mid-to-late October release. That'd have to be November or December.

Maybe they did them earlier, but the timing just doesn't work very well. Whereas K. Rool, they would've known he was popular, but maybe didn't anticipate precisely how popular he'd be, but if he skyrocketed to the ballot right away, that's when they decided him, an easy month or two (early-to-late May) in advance of them deciding to do Inklings. (They probably finished Ryu, Roy, and Lucas by May, so that's when they'd need to start another new character as well).

If they announced a character 1-2 months in advance I could see it being Inklings, but this seems to be implying the character is likely to release very soon, probably by the end of October, and that's a bit too tight for a brand new character I think.

But that's just me. And yes, I do believe they started Ryu once the game launched. Roy and Lucas might've split the development time during this point.

Top Bottom