• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Kutthroats, I love you guys. Whatever happens in the upcoming weeks, stay united and strong. You guys started your campaign for the King long before we Ridley fans finally got our rears in gear (and we have, by the way) with a grassroots support for him, and you've gotten the attention of the internet. Way to go!

As far as these 'rumors' go, we're all pretty much at the mercy of these Twitter dudes. Ideally (I don't even think I could handle the hype) Ridley would be this rumored character, and K. Rool and Isaac would be announced alongside him. Oh what an end to our respective (and seemingly endless) hype trains that would be!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm in the camp that the costume is a bad sign for K.Rool. To me everything about it suggests it's a consolation prize. It came out a couple months after the ballot started, so it would've been clear that he was a front-runner by then. For all we know, the unique assets in the costume could have been a result of trying to make the character, but giving up on it for whatever reason.

The only other DLC newcomer is Ryu, who got SF costumes with his release. That's the thing, if K.Rool was playable I'd figure they'd release the costume with the character. Why bother make the costume in the ballot period if you're going to release the character later anyway. I don't think the costume is pre-ballot. It seems too coincidental that it got released at point into the ballot where they would've had enough time to make it as a reaction to his popularity.

I think it's a consolation prize personally. I think he had issues with him as a character, such as moveset or his size and weight in relation to other characters, and made him a costume instead. I think that's the kind of thing Sakurai would do.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ok, I just don't want to miss it in the overflowing pages of comments here lol. I'm following both your twitter accounts just in case I do.
I don't have anything against PMing, its just that I can't focus very well and I won't be able to remember exactly who wanted me to PM them. But that should work lol.

Still have a ways to go. I actually accidentally messed up and I lost a lot of progress earlier (I was trying to setup video recording with my Hauppauge HD-DVR 2 on Ubuntu) and I quit Mario Maker and forgot to save. I recreated most of what I did right away, but I haven't worked on it since. I'll probably work on it a while tonight.

I'm also leaving a few flat areas so I can potentially add checkpoints later if they add checkpoints via DLC.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't have anything against PMing, its just that I can't focus very well and I won't be able to remember exactly who wanted me to PM them. But that should work lol.

Still have a ways to go. I actually accidentally messed up and I lost a lot of progress earlier (I was trying to setup video recording with my Hauppauge HD-DVR 2 on Ubuntu) and I quit Mario Maker and forgot to save. I recreated most of what I did right away, but I haven't worked on it since. I'll probably work on it a while tonight.

I'm also leaving a few flat areas so I can potentially add checkpoints later if they add checkpoints via DLC.
Ok, take your time.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
But then again, Sakurai could go out say many reasons as to HOW AND WHY he considered a character after the reveal. I'm sure that will be the case with ANY character. Reasoning could be in there somehow.
I've said myself in the Delphox thread that the "makes a lot of sense" point, if it's true, could mean that it only makes sense in hindsight like with most of Sakurai's character picks. In this case, though, we at least have precedent toward him seeming to wait on brand new IPs and avoid bringing characters in primarily or solely for advertising reasons. We've seen that hold true before, and until we see reason for it to not be the case any more, it's valid enough.

It wouldn't rule out the Inklings...but as it stands, based on what we know and on past precedent, it would make things more difficult for them.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I've said myself in the Delphox thread that the "makes a lot of sense" point, if it's true, could mean that it only makes sense in hindsight like with most of Sakurai's character picks. In this case, though, we at least have precedent toward him seeming to wait on brand new IPs and avoid bringing characters in primarily or solely for advertising reasons. We've seen that hold true before, and until we see reason for it to not be the case any more, it's valid enough.

It wouldn't rule out the Inklings...but as it stands, based on what we know and on past precedent, it would make things more difficult for them.
Kind of difficult but not possible situation, yeah.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So, this week we may see the supposed Nintendo direct, huh?
interesting...I can hardly wait for any news...

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I'm in the camp that the costume is a bad sign for K.Rool. To me everything about it suggests it's a consolation prize. It came out a couple months after the ballot started, so it would've been clear that he was a front-runner by then. For all we know, the unique assets in the costume could have been a result of trying to make the character, but giving up on it for whatever reason.

The only other DLC newcomer is Ryu, who got SF costumes with his release. That's the thing, if K.Rool was playable I'd figure they'd release the costume with the character. Why bother make the costume in the ballot period if you're going to release the character later anyway. I don't think the costume is pre-ballot. It seems too coincidental that it got released at point into the ballot where they would've had enough time to make it as a reaction to his popularity.

I think it's a consolation prize personally. I think he had issues with him as a character, such as moveset or his size and weight in relation to other characters, and made him a costume instead. I think that's the kind of thing Sakurai would do.
Well, what you're saying does make sense, and I concede that it's a very likely scenario, but the way I see it, Sakurai really does want to please his fans. I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean that he absolutely must make K. Rool to please them, but I do think that he would have tried harder to make him to please the fans.

Afterall, this is DLC, and although he cannot keep the team together forever, I would imagine the deadline being less strict than the one for the main game. Sakurai was able to make a fitting move set for Duck Hunt, ROB, and Wii Fit Trainer, a few rather unorthodox non combatants on their own. Heck, he practically improvised all of Greninja's moveset, since X and Y wasn't even announced when he approached the Pokémon Company. He also said that Smash Bros isn't always accurate to scale, and despite his stance on Ridley, K. Rool's character isn't really depicted by his size. Sakurai and the team worked hard to just barely get Lucario in Brawl, and Bowser Jr. in Smash 4. So I think that if they started work on K. Rool, they would have done the same.

Again, I admit that your theory is completely plausible, but I just wanted to give my thoughts on it. I admit that the costume is a bit of a thorn in our side, but I think there's still hope.

today is my 18th birthday and the perfect gift from sakurai is king k.rool in smash,nintendo says that they are "listening" to the fans now so you know what to do nintendo....do it for the fans.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I guess I haven't been involved in the community nearly as long as a lot of people here, but I just find it extremely unlikely that a select few of people have access to all of this surely hard to obtain information. I'm not saying that there is absolutely no way that these guys have this information however it just seems strange to me. Plus from what I've seen (correct me if I'm wrong) I thought I saw that it's not a ballot character, it's not wolf, shantae, or shovel knight, the reveal will be sometime this month and will contain a stage character combo. It seems very unlikely in my eyes that this character, which would be pre-ballot according to sources, could be anyone but Wolf. Like I said I could be completely wrong and these sources could be dead on just my opinion. Also when they added Lucas back it just seems like a big middle finger to everyone that loved Wolf. I'm not even a big fan of wolf myself it just seems like he's for sure in. I would love for this source to be true as any news at this point would be amazing in my eyes. I just feel like these sources containing all this info should be taken lightly without concrete proof. Anyways does anyone else sit and wonder what their genuine reaction to a K Rool trailer would be? Mine would be something like goose bumps, then a little jumping, probably would text my friends and brother, then hop straight on this forum page while shooting champaign at my computer screen in celebration!
Trust me its stressful, waiting for a character who has one of the best chances of getting into smash for months and months is stressful. Though yeah I don't get why they wouldn't do Wolf as a preballot assuming this leak is true, though I guess there could be other preballot characters. Krool would be nice, but I doubt he's preballot.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
who cares if k rool is pre ballot or a ballot fighter. As long as he is a fighter, then thats all that matters. You guys do realize they don't have to have a direct right? They can do something similar to the robin and lucina trailer. They'll reveal characters at the actual site.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I know Sakurai doesn't usually follow any pattern, but what if the next character is announced the same day or around the 50 Fact Stravaganzza of last years.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I know Sakurai doesn't usually follow any pattern, but what if the next character is announced the same day or around the 50 Fact Stravaganzza of last years.
1) 50 fact extravaganza
2) "Last years?" it happened once.
3) Why wouldn't he announce something... on the 3rd.... when the ballot closed... and was the 1 year anniversary of the 3DS game being officially out worldwide?

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
today is my 18th birthday and the perfect gift from sakurai is king k.rool in smash,nintendo says that they are "listening" to the fans now so you know what to do nintendo....do it for the fans.
Happy Birthday, man!
(What did you wish for from the Birthday Skeleton today? I don't know if the contract deals in promises...)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh to bring some faith for the direct this week rumor.

The guys who are making Pokemon go do not want to talk about till mid October.

This is about that zone so the direct could reveal stuff about Pokemon go.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh to bring some faith for the direct this week rumor.

The guys who are making Pokemon go do not want to talk about till mid October.

This is about that zone so the direct could reveal stuff about Pokemon go.
I literally just brought this up in the Official DLC Discussion Thread last night.

But they didn't say they "don't want" to talk about it till mid October. Jeez. They said they will be revealing new things about Pokemon Go in mid-October. And mid-October can be anytime either this week or next week. But yes, a Nintendo Direct this week would fit in perfectly with that Pokemon Go statement.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Happy Birthday!
Is your birthday the 11th or the 12th because I just turned 18 Yesterday too! (11th)
In other news, I finally beat DKC2 yesterday, (I think I've had it since I was 5). Definetly the most fun boss fight in a long time. But man, it was hard avoiding spoilers for the fight in this thread and it was really cool to finally see the moves everyone always talks about!
You know how Sakurai has to see the character dancing? Well I see K Rool dancing more fluently in my head then any of the other characters in my DLC list. He's just so perfect!
I should probably make a moveset soon since I'm so hyped for him right now.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Happy birthday! Have a good one!

D

Deleted member

It's been 4 months since the last characters (Roy and Ryu) were released to the public. That's quite the achivement there.

Honestly this feels like March of 2014 all over again, but 10 times worse.

The only thing we have is this Stealth_ rumor thingy that has been spreading recently.

So to kill some time, i want to ask some questions again:
¿Do you think that Smash 4 DLC will end this year?

¿Do you think there's a chance that the DLC might last until 2016?

¿If it last until next year, how much it would last in your eyes?

In your eyes, ¿Would K.Rool be revealed early or at the very end?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Actually, four months. And yes, I do believe they'll go through with this into next year. It's very, very likely to happen. All that's left to do is see how they go about it.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
It's been 3 months since the last characters (Roy and Ryu) were released to the public. That's quite the achivement there.

The only thing we have is this Stealth_ rumor thingy that has been spreading recently.

1. No.

2. Yes, because the ballot ended just recently, already one character takes quite a lot of time, so if they started developing one, it would take time into 2016 anyway.
(Unless they've chosen the characters halfway through the ballot and started developing all of them at the same time.)

3. I'd say it ends around late summer/early autumn.

4. I think, if he really gets in, he would come rather late. Why? I don't know. It's just a feeling.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
1. No.

2. Yes, because the ballot ended just recently, already one character takes quite a lot of time, so if they started developing one, it would take time into 2016 anyway.
(Unless they've chosen the characters halfway through the ballot and started developing all of them at the same time.)

3. I'd say it ends around late summer/early autumn.

4. I think, if he really gets in, he would come rather late. Why? I don't know. It's just a feeling.
I'm not seeing it. The characters will easily end no later that the 1-year anniversary of the ballot. There's no way it'll go as long as Summer. They probably started at least two characters before the ballot, a new slot was added just before the ballot (they may have decided one more character then), and one more could've been chosen after the ballot. The one new slot just before the ballot is probably also for sure a ballot character, while the previous two could be one non-ballot and one early ballot, or just two early ballots (unlikely).

D

Deleted member

Another question:
¿Do you think we are gonna see at least 1 more character before this year ends?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Another question:
¿Do you think we are gonna see at least 1 more character before this year ends?
That's a tough one, I want to say yes since there may have been a pre ballot surprise. But I also want to say no because of the ballot being the rest of the DLC (beyond stages/Mii Costumes).

So my answer is that there is no answer.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

• No.
  • It will. If we're getting three characters as per the slots found, I don't think they'll release them all in one go.
  • About E3 2016, I think. That's a good way to wrap it up with a bang.

:231:

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Happy birthday Dudery and FAITH forever Dudery and FAITH forever , let's hope you get a wonderful King-sized present over the next week or so.

I don't think we can take anything anyone has to say on the rumor seriously as of the past few days. Their statements are no longer organic like they were before I blew this whole thing up; they're all just carefully manufactured teases and meaningless jokes that the info-holders expect to be hyperanalyzed and blown out of proportion. Unless actual new stuff comes up, let's just let the thing go and have some calm K. Rool talk while calmness is still possible.

If I woke up and were a Kremling? I would go try and land a job interview at Retro Studios.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
1) 50 fact extravaganza
2) "Last years?" it happened once.
3) Why wouldn't he announce something... on the 3rd.... when the ballot closed... and was the 1 year anniversary of the 3DS game being officially out worldwide?
Pedantic much? Save your smartass for someone that actually acts like an asshole, because that was completely unnecessary.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I'm not seeing it. The characters will easily end no later that the 1-year anniversary of the ballot. There's no way it'll go as long as Summer. They probably started at least two characters before the ballot, a new slot was added just before the ballot (they may have decided one more character then), and one more could've been chosen after the ballot. The one new slot just before the ballot is probably also for sure a ballot character, while the previous two could be one non-ballot and one early ballot, or just two early ballots (unlikely).
Yeah, I agree.
The more I think about it, I believe it's more likely to end "with a bang", like @FalKoopa said, around E3 2016.

It's been 4 months since the last characters (Roy and Ryu) were released to the public. That's quite the achivement there.

1. I doubt it.
2. Yes.
3. I think it'll end in late spring/early summer, possibly earlier.
3. Hard to say.

Last edited:
Top Bottom