• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You have a point. They probably wouldn't be overt about it. Still, though, wouldn't there be signs of it? Like if a character got in that had little else going for it other than a very recent game? Or a reveal that coincided with the character getting a new game revealed or released? Roy in Melee is the only real ambiguous case with that, and with him there was the bigger reason of Sakurai looking for a potential Marth clone.

And even that doesn't make up for how hesitant Sakurai has been to add characters from IPs that have only been around for a very short time. We've seen no reason yet to believe that's changed...

There was a Mario Tennis ballot?
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the fact that the "Smash" ballot actually isn't just for Smash. ;)
This. The Smash ballot was for Smash first, but they'll also use it for future games. If K. Rool ranks highly on it, whether he gets into Smash or not, he's definitely coming back to DKC and can very likely get picked to appear in future Nintendo games, such as Mario spinoffs when they're looking to add more characters. Mario Tennis is supposed to have a lot of new never-before-playable characters (In Mario Tennis) that still haven't been announced yet.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Fanservice is a subjective term. For all we know, the costume could be considered fan service.

Also, I really hate that **** eating grin the Mii has. Like he's mocking us.
I fear no man, but that thing ...... it scares me.

Well scratch that, all Miis are equally as terrifying in Smash with their blank stares and unmoving faces. It's like Sakurai really wanted to give them that necessary Uncanny Valley feel to make them forces to be reckoned with.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I fear no man, but that thing ...... it scares me.

Well scratch that, all Miis are equally as terrifying in Smash with their blank stares and unmoving faces. It's like Sakurai really wanted to give them that necessary Uncanny Valley feel to make them forces to be reckoned with.
My issue with the Miis is that Nintendo seems hell bent on making them as uncustomizable as possible. There are too many options left out from,hair and faces...but I literally cannot make a Mii resemble my build. I have to have a gut or be too slim...as if broad shoulders weren't even a possibility in Japan.
They are barely even caricatures. With too few eye options.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
My issue with the Miis is that Nintendo seems hell bent on making them as uncustomizable as possible. There are too many options left out from,hair and faces...but I literally cannot make a Mii resemble my build. I have to have a gut or be too slim...as if broad shoulders weren't even a possibility in Japan.
They are barely even caricatures. With too few eye options.
They're not hell-bent on anything - the idea is to keep the filesizes absolutely tiny for quick on-the-fly generation of images in-game, and for quick exchange of data over the internet (Wii, Wii U) or between passing systems (3DS).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Don't tell my overlords at Outer Heaven Diamond Dogs whatever I named my unit in MGS V, but somehow I have detached my brain from The Phantom Pain for a moment to praise the true King of the Seas, the Archipelago, and especially those bloody Kong Islands!!!!

And for that, I celebrate with music for the King's Konquest to be Komplete! Kongplete!!!

Edit: I don't think K. Rool will be in the forthcoming DLC. I'm getting a 2016 feel from him. Still, 3 characters out of the way is still a good thing. Especially since this DLC pack that is forthcoming definitively is gonna have Wolf in it.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939

Also, I really hate that **** eating grin the Mii has. Like he's mocking us.
I always see it as the Mii himself being the avatar of a K. Rool supporter trying as hard as he can to suppress his own crushed dreams while being tortured by having been forced to wear the costume himself. Like he's cracking just trying to smile while all he wants to do is rage.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well...here ya go? View attachment 77826

Another pic..
View attachment 77827

Link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72644170

Make of this what you will. Not sure if they are real or fake..
I mean, I know the real Smash 3DS leaks were blurry recording of a recording pics...

...but I am never believing blurry pics again. Ever. I can count the pixels in that picture.

Heck after Hex's (aka Omni's) Rayman wizardry (which he gave none of us who kind of know him a heads up about lmaooooo), I don't really believe anything until it's official or found via data mining.

Simply put, there's too many leak Krooks, but fortunately there's ample data mining Pirates.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Another pic..
View attachment 77827

I just don't get the "her" part. The Inklings wouldn't be exclusively female, it'd be both male and female. And I don't see them showing off Inklings in a trailer as JUST the female Inklings, they'd show both off.

That said I'm not calling this an outright fake yet, but I hate that its so blurry. I think this is probably fake due to it not being just a clean image.

Let's just ignore the P1 Inkling floating off to the side in the CONGRATULATIONS pic.
The P1 isn't a problem because the Inkling is right there. Remember, you can move around on the congratulations screen.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
If this turns out to be the "REAL DEAL", do not fear! This could be just the thing we need to shut up anyone who says that Mii Outfits deconfirm a character.

So if this can be a playable fighter.
Inkling outfit.jpg

then so can this...
K Rool Outfit.jpg

Either way, at least for now, we win! Remember that.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If this turns out to be the "REAL DEAL", do not fear! This could be just the thing we need to shut up anyone who says that Mii Outfits deconfirm a character.

View attachment 77829

then so can this...
View attachment 77830

Pretty much. Inklings getting in as a costume, especially as pre-ballot, would debunk absolutely any arguments you can make of K. Rool having a costume. Especially since K. Rool is definitely a pre-ballot costume as well.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Hard to accept it still because I was not prepared for Inklings until a week ago when the rumors started. And I can't even complain, since I supported Inklings too.
Im sure I'll appreciate them more when I see them in action. I never cared at all for Ryu and I didn't wanted Roy back. But when they arrived, I learned to love them like any character.

Ok, last comment on this, back to the main topic for me.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Pretty sure it's fake. I think it's just the Splatoon trophy edited and clipped to look different.

Also explains why it's only the Inkling girl the boy has no trophy in the game. Thus no model to mess with.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hard to accept it still because I was not prepared for Inklings until a week ago when the rumors started. And I can't even complain, since I supported Inklings too.
Im sure I'll appreciate them more when I see them in action. I never cared at all for Ryu and I didn't wanted Roy back. But when they arrived, I learned to love them like any character.

Ok, last comment on this, back to the main topic for me.
Nah, I'm pretty sure this is fake. It looks like they're using the Mii Fighter costume for the Inkling that's actually jumping around, the render looks awful, and the font looks way off. That being said its very possible they could still get in, but this in question is just like the Shovel Knight + Runbow leak. Fake, fake, and even more fake.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pretty much. Inklings getting in as a costume, especially as pre-ballot, would debunk absolutely any arguments you can make of K. Rool having a costume. Especially since K. Rool is definitely a pre-ballot costume as well.
Any argument about the costume being a deconfirmation of sorts (or anything remotely similar) I disregard.

Heck, any sort of aside about that I ignore every since "Ness, who has appeared in every Smash Bros. title up until now" was posted on the Brawl Dojo back in late 2007.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Pretty sure it's fake. I think it's just the Splatoon trophy edited and clipped to look different.

Also explains why it's only the Inkling girl the boy has no trophy in the game. Thus no model to mess with.
You may very well be onto something. I don't really care if its fake or not. I have so many friends that want King K. Rool in the game so I can be happy, but when they heard about his Mii Costume, they automatically thought he was a goner..as did/do a lot of people. I truly believe we will get at least one character to disprove that theory.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You may very well be onto something. I don't really care if its fake or not. I have so many friends that want King K. Rool in the game so I can be happy, but when they heard about his Mii Costume, they automatically thought he was a goner..as did/do a lot of people.
Agreed. The best-case scenario for K. Rool is obviously him getting in the game. The second-best case scenario is Inklings getting in the game.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

View attachment 77829

then so can this...
View attachment 77830

As BKupa said, people will jump through all sorts of hoops to to say that KKR is an exception.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Inkling getting in certainly isn't terrible for K. Rool...while I personally don't care for them I do enjoy Splatoon and wouldn't mind seeing them.

It does help K. Rool in the matter that yes it proves Mii costumes mean nothing BUT let us revisit the subject of the K. Rool costume using new assets that aren't in the game. Same as the Inkling which if this is indeed real means that girl Inkling is prioritized here and she has a trophy aswell as Mii accessories in Smash clearly her playable model was used in the creation of the trophy/Mii outfit. Assets were made for the Inkling and she gets a playable model. Who else's costume is using non pre existing assets?????

o0 a certain king I know....

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Inkling getting in certainly isn't terrible for K. Rool...while I personally don't care for them I do enjoy Splatoon and wouldn't mind seeing them.

It does help K. Rool in the matter that yes it proves Mii costumes mean nothing BUT let us revisit the subject of the K. Rool costume using new assets that aren't in the game. Same as the Inkling which if this is indeed real means that girl Inkling is prioritized here and she has a trophy aswell as Mii accessories in Smash clearly her playable model was used in the creation of the trophy/Mii outfit. Assets were made for the Inkling and she gets a playable model. Who else's costume is using non pre existing assets?????

o0 a certain king I know....
I think I'm gonna hold onto this theory. I can also see her being the main Inkling due to them pushing female representation in this Smash.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
The Inkling pics were pretty much confirmed fake at this point imo. The congratulations screen pic with the Inkling jumping is using the exact same animation the Mii gunner uses so Im calling fake

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The only two real problems I see with K. Rool or the Inklings getting in this time around are as follows:
1. Both characters require a commitment to make. They're both pretty complex to build.
2. Both characters would be a huge deal for Smash 5/6 as newcomers, especially the Inklings since Splatoon is Nintendo's next big franchise (until Yo-Kai Watch takes off in the Western World, which even then isn't owned by Nintendo).

As a businessperson, I would honestly hold off Inklings for Smash 5 or 6 at this point. Given the thin roster of potential newcomers For Smash 5 we have, the Inklings would be to Smash 5 what Wario, Diddy or King Dedede were to Brawl in a few years' time. Inklings would be a lock for a newcomer, yeah, but the anticipation and slow burn makes hype, which equals cash. Plus they'd be more established, have more air breathed on the franchise, and likely have a sequel to Splatoon forthcoming.

K. Rool is a different beast. Making K. Rool DLC would put some focus back on the DKC series. On top of that, it would garner hype for Dixie Kong for Smash 5. Without a fellow DKC series "rival" to "compete with," Dixie hype would run rampant and without boundaries similarly to say Lucario hype in Brawl (although probably with less attention, because Pokémon hype is ginormous and unconquerable).

Almost all the focus from said DKC fans would be on Dixie. This would make Dixie into a bigger and more notable draw; possibly bigger than what K. Rool was as pre-release Smash 4 prospect, since the entire DKC fanbase would be focused and united. Given that future DKC titles are gonna happen here within the next few years and Dixie is gonna be in them, that only adds to this.

That is my analysis at least. For the record I am indifferent (chaotic neutral of sorts) towards Inklings (and Shovel Knight for that matter; worth mentioning because he's in lots of leaks lately) because I haven't played their games (enough), while obviously I am a K. Rool supporter. Still, I like to think my logic is without any real traceable bias.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Another pic..
View attachment 77827

These are fake beyond a shadow of doubt.

The font doesn't match up. Greninja's splash image uses a different font, not the plain old Arial used here for Inkling.
(Notice the i's dot in the Greninja image is an octagon, here it's a rectangle.)

:231:

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Another pic..
View attachment 77827

4Chan Leaks 101: Always make leaks that seem completely believable only for it to have a few glaringly obvious flaws. Not only the font is "off" like that old Metal Mario Classic Mode leak, but something about her playable model in the second pic looks too much like the Mii Fighter costume. It's going to be a long wait until we get the real reveal soon (based on what I know from the last 10 pages).

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
You all thought it was an Inkling, ...
... but it was Mii Dio!

I'm sorry, i had to do it.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
There is so much wrong with that leak, it's not even funny. makes a kremling cry for its mummy.
1. Font and general splashscreen formation are off. The letters are too far apart, and aren't tilted the right way. The Inkling herself also doesn't cast a shadow on the background. Also, the black streak overlaps the Inkling. The Inkling herself is positioned oddly, as the fighters are usually looking at their supposed competition in their splash screen. Personally, this looks like one of those joke splash screens, except trying to pass as serious.
2. The shots coming from the gun are clearly the bullets from the mii gunner's side special. Enough said.
This leak is more fake than Donald Trump's hair.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Figured I'd drop in to mention my two cents on why no Direct has been announced.

Maybe they're pulling the same strategy from the mini Direct and MK8 Direct and plopping one out of nowhere?

(Dumb idea huh?)

Top Bottom