• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I think she doesn't have much presence there yet. Understandable, as only one game has made it there till date.

:231:
Shantae was a left-fielder suggestion as far as I'm concerned. I never knew she existed until sometime after Shovel Knight was brought up to be in Smash. She seems very likely, but I can't help thinking how many other characters would just fit better to me. "Interesting" is the word I'd choose for her playable role.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Results in order:
1. Wolf
2. King K. Rool
3. Snake
4. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Shadow
6. Banjo & Kazooie
7. Rayman
8. Ice Climbers
9. Dixie Kong
10. Geno
11. Isaac
12. Young Link
13. Pichu
14. Squirtle
15. Paper Mario
16. Professor Layton
17. Shovel Knight
18. Arle Nadja
19. Krystal
20. Ivysaur
21. Protoman
It hurts me to see Ivysaur so low.
:gawmelee:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Changing the subject briefly, but after doing further research into the absence of the Movie List, I found out this ONLY applies to the Americas, and not to the Asia-Pacific or Europe versions of the Movie List. Based on my findings, I'd assume it's just a glitch.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, perhaps, but Shovel Knight hasn't had his game released in Japan yet (which makes me question why he's on a Japanese poll) while Shantae is getting her most recent game (Pirate's Curse) released in Japan (which makes me question why she's not on that Japanese poll).
Probably him getting an amiibo, if I had to guess. That's a big achievement.

Shantae was a left-fielder suggestion as far as I'm concerned. I never knew she existed until sometime after Shovel Knight was brought up to be in Smash. She seems very likely, but I can't help thinking how many other characters would just fit better to me. "Interesting" is the word choice I'd use for her playable role.
Japanese reactions if she were to get in would be similar to Little Mac, most likely.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The characters on the poll are (in the same order)
  • Snake
  • Wolf
  • Ice Climbers
  • Young Link
  • Pichu
  • Ivysaur
  • Squirtle
  • Isaac
  • King K. Rool
  • Paper Mario
  • Dixie Kong
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Krystal
  • Shadow
  • Geno
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Prof. Layton
  • Rayman
  • Shovel Knight
  • Protoman
  • Arle Nadja

Hm... no mention of Shantae.

Funny, certain people were arguing that Arle Nadja and Pichu were ballot behemoths in Japan while "no one cares about K. Rool or DK over there."

(It's almost like people just project their own desires onto Japanese fans!)

Results in order:
1. Wolf
2. King K. Rool
3. Snake
4. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Shadow
6. Banjo & Kazooie
7. Rayman
8. Ice Climbers
9. Dixie Kong
10. Geno
11. Isaac
12. Young Link
13. Pichu
14. Squirtle
15. Paper Mario
16. Professor Layton
17. Shovel Knight
18. Arle Nadja
19. Krystal
20. Ivysaur
21. Protoman
actually k rool is number 1 right now with 42 votes and wolf is number 2 with 23 votes,other than that the rest are correct,but its no problem because nobody's perfect right(k rools name translates to "king couleur")

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Results in order:
1. King K. Rool
2. Wolf
3. Snake
4. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Shadow
6. Banjo & Kazooie
7. Rayman
8. Ice Climbers
9. Dixie Kong
10. Geno
11. Isaac
12. Young Link
13. Pichu
14. Squirtle
15. Paper Mario
16. Professor Layton
17. Shovel Knight
18. Arle Nadja
19. Krystal
20. Ivysaur
21. Protoman

EDIT: K. Rool surpassed Wolf.
Yep i can see this

But whats alarming is shovel knight is on they're and this is a japan fan poll

So japan does notice shovel knight.

I call this another sign in my opinion

(Ps i figured shovel knight would not make the list due to western character so far.)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Funny, certain people were arguing that Arle Nadja and Pichu were ballot behemoths in Japan while "no one cares about K. Rool or DK over there."

Arle Nadja/Puyo Puyo is mid-tier in popularity as a gaming franchise in Japan; it sells enough for Sega to continue making games but it never tops in sales - quite similar to how Ace Attorney is seen in the West. Most Japanese fans know about Arle, but knowing a character =/= being a supporter. So yeah, twisting of facts.

The ballot results are out?
No, I mean some Japanese poll results.

Results in order:
1. King K. Rool
2. Wolf
3. Snake
4. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Shadow
6. Banjo & Kazooie
7. Rayman
8. Ice Climbers
9. Dixie Kong
10. Geno
11. Isaac
12. Young Link
13. Pichu
14. Squirtle
15. Paper Mario
16. Professor Layton
17. Shovel Knight
18. Arle Nadja
19. Krystal
20. Ivysaur
21. Protoman

EDIT: K. Rool surpassed Wolf.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I voted for K. Rool one last time last night, using a different device.

Wow... I can't believe we're finally here, at the end of the tunnel. It's both exciting and scary to think about the results. I mean, it could really be anyone's game, at this point! The extra character slot gives me a little more hope, but I'm still nervous about K. Rool's chances....

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, perhaps, but Shovel Knight hasn't had his game released in Japan yet (which makes me question why he's on a Japanese poll) while Shantae is getting her most recent game (Pirate's Curse) released in Japan (which makes me question why she's not on that Japanese poll).
And Half-Genie Hero will be, too. It's no coincidence that both Pirate's Curse and Half-Genie Hero have actually been made by the Japanese company Inti Creates, in conjunction with her creators at WayForward.

Probably him getting an amiibo, if I had to guess. That's a big achievement.
It's not really an achievement at all, to be fair - they weren't granted it somehow. Shovel Knight's creators simply paid to license the Amiibo technology and trademarks and arranged the manufacture themselves, in much the same fashion as they've had other Shovel Knight merchandise created to sell, such as the plush from WeLoveFine or the shirt, badges, and prints from Fangamer. ;)

The fanbases really aren't all that different, in the end. I don't get why people project like that onto them, either.

I'm sure that, over in Japan right now, some people are having exactly the same conversation about projecting such things onto Western fans, as well. :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm sure that, over in Japan right now, some people are having exactly the same conversation about projecting such things onto Western fans, as well. :laugh:
Im pretty sure that the Japanese fanbase must be amazed at how requested Isaac is over here and the like.

So yeah, not so different.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yep i can see this

But whats alarming is shovel knight is on they're and this is a japan fan poll

So japan does notice shovel knight.

I call this another sign in my opinion

(Ps i figured shovel knight would not make the list due to western character so far.)
You like the press the panic button at the slightest provocation, don't you? :p

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So... Is the ballot still showing up for anyone else? I just submitted another vote, and it said that it was excepted and sent. :confused:

Also, I'm really glad Shovel Knight is on the Japanese list. In the event that K. Rool doesn't get in, I'll at least have someone to look forward to if SK does

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Nintendo hasn't acknowledged the existence of the ballot ONCE since it started.

Wouldn't it be great if they completely forgot it was happening?
Not true, Sakurai mentioned in Famitsu after the June update that they've "received thousands of votes from all over the world."

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Did you guys notice all the smash videos on the website are gone?

You know what that means!
Yeah - that there's a glitch affecting the North American site. ;) They're all fine on all of the others.

Not true, Sakurai mentioned in Famitsu after the June update that they've "received thousands of votes from all over the world."
And I think it's been mentioned that their North American Facebook page gave it one mention at some point, as well.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Well I wish they'd at least acknowledge the fact that the ballot period has ended. I want to hear something from Nintendo or Sakurai.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It has nothing to do with K.Rool in smash.
Wait, does that mean we can't talk anything Donkey Kong related either?

Yeah - that there's a glitch affecting the North American site. ;) They're all fine on all of the others.

And I think it's been mentioned that their North American Facebook page gave it one mention at some point, as well.
Not true, I checked Austrailia's, Espanol's and all the other language pages to the site and their video play lists are'nt working either except for Japan's and maybe Korea's.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Not true, I checked Austrailia's, Espanol's and all the other language pages to the site and their video play lists are'nt working either except for Japan's and maybe Korea's.
Ooh, that's new! :eek: That wasn't the case before.

I wonder when that changed?

The UK one is now also broken.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
I'm so hyped for whatever character gets announced even if it isn't our king. Even though that would make the most sense

Top Bottom