• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

The fighter ballot button is still active on the USA, Japanese and Aussie Smash Bros. sites. I haven't attempted to submit another vote though, just able to go the the form.

Hard to predict exactly who we are going to get, you never know what Sakurai has planned...

My prediction, without a large amount of confidence, is...

One of Wolf, Inkling or Isaac

One of K. Rool, Dixie

One of Shovel Knight, Shantae, Snake, Rayman or Bomberman

That's assuming we get 3 characters to match the slots.

True...but then, also in an alternate universe, DKC is called King K. Kong Kountry. :troll:
That is horrendous! :p

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I do have a feeling we'll get a female character from the ballot, though I get the feeling it'll be one that can bring something interesting and new, though likely first party. Just like I believe a Villain is likely, as is a character from an un-repped franchise. Needless to say which one goes to K.Rool, though out of first party canidates for Female characters I''d probably think Sami, Captain Syrup or Krystal are likely, since they all have unique appearances and move-sets to bring to the table. But hey my thoughts. Should be interesting to see what happens
I honestly think Krystal would be a lock if she was in SFZ. Kind of a shame, really. Sami and Captain Syrup don't have the support or ~relevancy~ to be feasible options.

If we get any female character, it'll be Dixie first, you can bet on that.

So, you are saying it is over in Europe?
Button is still active in Europe.

I played Smash for the first time in 2 months today.

On start up the game took a few minutes to load and the spinning logo in the bottom right hand corner regularly stalled for a few minutes. I assume that was because of the new update, but I don't remember the start up being that long after the previous updates. Maybe I'm looking too much into it :p

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
So as I anticipate the Ballot's close, I decided to take up #Kroctober for realz, and my intent is to create a new persona for K. Rool each week, with 5 new Kremlings leading up to Halloween.

Here's a little taste of my current progress for my first Kremling, associated with a Halloween centered theme.

Enemies Reaper.png

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
With the ballot ending, now's as good a time as any to pitch in on the anticipation.

I don't think we're getting K. Rool, but I hope we get some kind of acknowledgment of the ballot by Nintendo in the coming days. I want off the hype train, and I've wanted off since the 3DS roster was leaked. DLC has been extending the ride far past my desired destination. So come on and give us those supposedly final three characters, Sakurai!

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
So as I anticipate the Ballot's close, I decided to take up #Kroctober for realz, and my intent is to create a new persona for K. Rool each week, with 5 new Kremlings leading up to Halloween.

Here's a little taste of my current progress for my first Kremling, associated with a Halloween centered theme.

View attachment 76444
Just promise me one of them will be Dracula-themed. Name-suggestion: Knosferatu

Can't wait, man!

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Ballot-wise, I can't see anyone other than these guys winning:
Wolf
Snake
K.Rool
Isaac
Inkling
Shantae
Shovel Knight
Banjo

As for who he actually puts in though, that's to be seen.

StriderTheReaper

Smash Rookie
NNID
StriderHedgehog
3DS FC
2423-3029-0103
True...but then, also in an alternate universe, DKC is called King K. Kong Kountry. :troll:
KKK Kountry?!!! Are you sure you thought that through?

Anyway, now that the ballot is officially over, it really is just a waiting game and I'll gladly enjoy the Kutthroat Kamaraderie in the meantime.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The thread certainly blew up in the last few pages... and not in a good way. Anyway, I was very pleased with how you guys reacted to those posts preaching for a 'K. Rool only' attitude.

Now only if the news drought were to end...

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Yeah...I was able to reach in one last vote in the last hour of the ballot...let's hope it's his finest one...

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
The ballot still has not closed.

P.S Go spam a few thousand more K. Rool votes

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The thread certainly blew up in the last few pages... and not in a good way. Anyway, I was very pleased with how you guys reacted to those posts preaching for a 'K. Rool only' attitude.

Now only if the news drought were to end...
The sweet irony that is the K. Rool fanbase.

We support the kruelest, most downright insane-in-the-membrane-insane-in-the-brain kroc this side of DK Island, but we're known to be very nice and friendly people.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
The sweet irony that is the K. Rool fanbase.

We support the kruelest, most downright insane-in-the-membrane-insane-in-the-brain kroc this side of DK Island, but we're known to be very nice and friendly people.
Some of the most tragic love stories come from sweet people loving bad guys. Here's hoping you fellas get K. Rool though. I know a large majority is pulling for him, so I can honestly see it happening. I myself am not a supporter. But I do believe he deserves it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ballot-wise, I can't see anyone other than these guys winning:
Wolf
Snake
K.Rool
Isaac
Inkling
Shantae
Shovel Knight
Banjo

As for who he actually puts in though, that's to be seen.
Those are mine my friend

Oh on topic for everyone else

Took me a tiny bit to catch up but.. Talking

On factor i heard about shovel knight

Gosh i diden't think of that some companys are asking sakurai on twitter for they're characters and yacht hasen't recently

Feels like another sign he got in.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Nyaa~ Yesterday was a fluke it would seem nya! I honestly can't tell whether or not it's closed yet nya (the ballet page looks the same as it has been nya), but if it's up for whatever where you are nya, then please vote for K. Rool nya! Anyways I'm done with my "kountdown" nya, I hope I made even a little bit of a difference in whatever way nya! All hail the king nya! I'd kill to get someone to vote for K. Rool by nyao nyaaa~

Yesterday was the glitch but whatever nyaa~:nifty:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo hasn't acknowledged the existence of the ballot ONCE since it started.

Wouldn't it be great if they completely forgot it was happening?

Furret24

Smash Master
Nintendo hasn't acknowledged the existence of the ballot ONCE since it started.

Wouldn't it be great if they completely forgot it was happening?
Really? I didn't know that.

What if they just wanted us to think our opinions matter?
:gawmelee:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So a few things. The end date of the ballot is weird now for some reason and you can't access the videos on the movies section.

So someone remembered and messed up. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Just for the heck of it, im reposting my K.Rool trailer idea:
It's January 15th of 2016, Wolf has been already released to the public.

People are watching the Jan 15th 2016 Direct:

"...........and those are the ballot newcomers:Isaac, Bandanna Dee and Paper Mario. Thank you for waiting, and thanks for voting!."

And then the Direct ends......and shows the Kredits?

Konding------------Klap Trap
Kharacters--------Krusha
Koloring------------Kritter
Koncept------------Klump
Kommander------Mii fighters?

The End?

And then a gaint Krockodile hand appears and rips out the kredits just like Hades in Uprising.

"Oh,how could i forget."
-Sakurai

KING K.ROOL:
KRASHES THE PARTY

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just checked the site and

What!?!?

Why is it still running?

Its past the 3rd of October.

October 18th is my birthday so i hope i see a ballot character that i want is revealed on whenever the direct is.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Anybody elses Smash Ballot still up? It is for me, and in my time zone it's well into October 4th.
people are speculating that since Nintendo's pages never update in weekends, probably tomorrow morning the Ballot page will be down. But, of course, the votes already finished yesterday.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This is strange, but not completely surprising. Nintendo has been operating sporadically since Iwata's passing, unable to promote anything beyond casual tweets, so them not having all their ducks in a line with the ballot's operation is just more of the same.

In the meantime, here's a Japanese poll on which you can support K. Rool. He's listed on there as キングクルール(ドンキーコング) and seems to be doing quite well so far.

http://esports-runner.com/ssb4/sinkyara_yosou/

Last edited:
This is strange, but not completely surprising. Nintendo has been operating sporadically since Iwata's passing, unable to promote anything beyond casual tweets, so them not having all their ducks in a line with the ballot's operation is just more of the same.

In the meantime, here's a Japanese poll on which you can support K. Rool. He's listed on there as キングクルール(ドンキーコング) and seems to be doing quite well so far.

Voted. Do you know who's the one above K. Rool?

Bowbow

Banned via Warnings

Bruh, I can't find dat ****

Voted. Do you know who's the one above K. Rool?
Its wolf

Last edited by a moderator:

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
So we're getting a new movie.

o______________o

^ My waiting face. (Well, my head is a little thinner than that...)

The movie/video (I love how they made that distinction) list is fine for other versions of the site, though: http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/movielist/ ... Not sure if that's relevant.

Also: last minute avatar change.
<--- I want you to be proud of me.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The characters on the poll are (in the same order)
  • Snake
  • Wolf
  • Ice Climbers
  • Young Link
  • Pichu
  • Ivysaur
  • Squirtle
  • Isaac
  • King K. Rool
  • Paper Mario
  • Dixie Kong
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Krystal
  • Shadow
  • Geno
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Prof. Layton
  • Rayman
  • Shovel Knight
  • Protoman
  • Arle Nadja

Hm... no mention of Shantae.

:231:
Welp.... That's unfortuate to see that Shantae's not on that poll. Guess they weren't aware of her before it was made?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Welp.... That's unfortuate to see that Shantae's not on that poll. Guess they weren't aware of her before it was made?
I think she doesn't have much presence there yet. Understandable, as only one game has made it there till date.

Results in order:
1. King K. Rool
2. Wolf
3. Snake
4. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Shadow
6. Banjo & Kazooie
7. Rayman
8. Ice Climbers
9. Dixie Kong
10. Geno
11. Isaac
12. Young Link
13. Pichu
14. Squirtle
15. Paper Mario
16. Professor Layton
17. Shovel Knight
18. Arle Nadja
19. Krystal
20. Ivysaur
21. Protoman

EDIT: K. Rool surpassed Wolf.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I think she doesn't have much presence there yet. Understandable, as only one game has made it there till date.

Yeah, perhaps, but Shovel Knight hasn't had his game released in Japan yet (which makes me question why he's on a Japanese poll) while Shantae is getting her most recent game (Pirate's Curse) released in Japan (which makes me question why she's not on that Japanese poll).

Top Bottom