• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
German movie list is still up. I'll keep my bloodshot eye on it, though...

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I just want it to end.

I want to know the results.

I know King K. Rool is among the most requested, if not the most requested, in the West and in Japan. I just want to see the winners already.

I'm thinking that the ballot will be closed and we'll get some message about it on Monday when everyone goes back to work.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I know King K. Rool is among the most requested, if not the most requested, in the West and in Japan. I just want to see the winners already.

I'm thinking that the ballot will be closed and we'll get some message about it on Monday when everyone goes back to work.
I sure hope you're right. I can't stand this suspense any longer. The timing of Patch 1.1.1 was unfortunate.

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet

I agree. Like me and the Nostalgia Critic says this: Can we get to the point?

Uzume

Orange Heart
I just hope that Sakurai doesn't pull that "These characters are unsuited for smash" crap , he put in :4villager: so he has no excuse now.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
The worst part about this is that we have literally no idea when we're going to be getting any news. It could be today, or it could be weeks from now.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I doubt it would be weeks from now. It is the end of the Ballot. We know it, Nintendo sure should know it, and I think that in a few hours, or tomorrow/5th of October, we will get at least some sort of sign. No need to freak out here people.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I doubt it would be weeks from now. It is the end of the Ballot. We know it, Nintendo sure should know it, and I think that in a few hours, or tomorrow/5th of October, we will get at least some sort of sign. No need to freak out here people.
I hope so, if anything we could get one next month.

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
I seriously hope we hear something tomorrow, even if it's something small like a Twitter notice. Want to celebrate five years at work with some K. Rool goodness!

And donuts.

Lots and lots of donuts. :)

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
on the day of yesterday, i woke up to get some breakfeast. I turn on the t.v and.................. the first thing i saw was A CROCODILE! Its a sign guys! King k confirmed lol but honestly, i've been seeing crocodiles everywhere i go lately. That weird?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
on the day of yesterday, i woke up to get some breakfeast. I turn on the t.v and.................. the first thing i saw was A CROCODILE! Its a sign guys! King k confirmed lol but honestly, i've been seeing crocodiles everywhere i go lately. That weird?
Not half as weird as me seeing penguins all over the place. :laugh:

Seriously, though (or not), maybe K. Rool's sent the Kremling invaders ahead of him? :p

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo hasn't acknowledged the existence of the ballot ONCE since it started.

Wouldn't it be great if they completely forgot it was happening?
If so, for a giant company to do that, yes that is funny :laugh:. For hardcore fans it is not.

It is really lazy of them to not even say one thing about it. Does anyone know if it ended in Japan yet?

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Not half as weird as me seeing penguins all over the place. :laugh:

Seriously, though (or not), maybe K. Rool's sent the Kremling invaders ahead of him? :p
yea, and its not because i live in florida lol there just showing up on the t.v alot.

Seeing penguins? What state do you live in? lol :p I don't recall any Penguins in america xD

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'm typically highly pessimistic, but something about the movie page being messed up rubs me the right way. Then again, maybe the movie page messes up all the time. It just seems coincidental that the page would go down today of all days.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm typically highly pessimistic, but something about the movie page being messed up rubs me the right way. Then again, maybe the movie page messes up all the time. It just seems coincidental that the page would go down today of all days.
Do you mean that it rubs you the right way?! :awesome:

That being said, I am still pessimistic. :ohwell:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
yea, and its not because i live in florida lol there just showing up on the t.v alot.

Seeing penguins? What state do you live in? lol :p I don't recall any Penguins in america xD
I'm from the UK! :laugh: It's the same thing here - just a lot of TV/internet sightings (very likely because of many places now starting to sell Christmas goods, even though penguins are from the southern hemisphere; Also, I like penguins, so I'm going to notice it anyway).

And here I thought Tortilla lived in the EU >.>
Yeah, exactly. :p

It certainly does. It's even odder that it has affected all of the regional variants of the site as time has gone on, too.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I looked at the UK Smash website and the movie list is still there with videos being watchable actually... same goes for the French page. (And I suppose Italian and Spanish, though I've not looked at these yet.)

I was expecting the ballot to have been closed at this point, so I'm curious to see if it will be closed for good tomorrow. I suppose I'll see when I'll wake up, as I'm going to sleep soon. But if the ballot close, I really don't want to see the page to have its contents replaced by just one sentence about it being closed. I had a thought about that and... it honestly made me sad just imagining it. I know we're going to miss the ballot regardless when it closes, but for its end I think we need to see a good farewell write-up which directly thanks the fans for their votes alongside some hint at how this data will be used. You know, something like this:
The Smash Bros. fighter ballot, opened Wednesday 04/01/2015, had been officially closed Monday 10/05/2015. During this timespan, we did receive millions of votes from fans around the world, and we want to thank them. Thanks to their effort, we had collected a lot of data we will be using to determine which characters we will choose to be added as new fighters. In addition, we asked fans why they wanted their characters; some of the best write-ups associated with a new fighter may be made public. We're currently working on additional fighters, so stay tuned!
Also I watched the wave 4 Mii Fighter costume trailer and... it made me realize that K. Rool would have been very fitting in the part with the Monster Hunter. What a missed opportunity.
Besides, would you be fine with the music for the K. Rool gameplay part of his trailer to be Battle for Storm Hill? I know it may be an unpopular opinion, but I think it could potentially be more fitting than the remix of the DKC1 boss theme. I mean, I was expecting Roy's trailer to play on the Roy's Hope theme for most of the trailer, but it only was used for his introduction before being changed for an FE7 music which is a game where Roy doesn't appear. My ideal K. Rool trailer would be this:

- When the trailer opens, we see Donkey and Diddy arrive on Pirate Ship, then the camera moves on another place when a Mii kosplayer crashes with Head-On Assault then uses his side taunt. After that, the camera moves on Donkey and Diddy again who use their up and side taunt respectively. Music: K. Rool's theme (0:00 to 0:12)
- Donkey and Diddy start running forward, then a fight between them and the kosplayer starts. The kosplayer is defeated at the end by Donkey Kong's Giant Punch. Music: K. Rool's theme (0:29 to 0:51).
- Donkey Kong does his down taunt, and a red "The end?" appears. Then the video progressively fades out until it leaves a full black picture. Music: K. Rool's theme (0:51 to 0:59)
- We see two menacing eyes in the dark, one of them being a big bloodshot one. Lying on Pirate Ship, the kosplayer stands up and uses his up taunt. The screen brutally becomes fully black, and we hear a menacing "Get out!!" and the kosplayer is hit by a bomb (stage hazard). Music: none.
- The true King K. Rool appears with an introduction tagline and his gameplay showcase starts. Music: Battle for Storm Hill.

D

Deleted member

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit surprised the ballot hasn't been taken down yet. I wonder what's going on? Ah well, I guess all of us will just have to be patient. :p

On the topic of K. Rool, though, what would his potential alts be? I'm a pretty big fan of his Kaptain outfit myself, so I'm personally hoping for that if he gets in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit surprised the ballot hasn't been taken down yet. I wonder what's going on? Ah well, I guess all of us will just have to be patient. :p

On the topic of K. Rool, though, what would his potential alts be? I'm a pretty big fan of his Kaptain outfit myself, so I'm personally hoping for that if he gets in.
Optimistic: Two alts for King, Kaptain, Baron and Krusha.
Pessimistic: Eight alts for King.
Inbetween: Four for King and Kaptain.

D

Deleted member

Optimistic: Two alts for King, Kaptain, Baron and Krusha.
Pessimistic: Eight alts for King.
Inbetween: Four for King and Kaptain.
I like the "inbetween" compromise myself. It's kinda like how Olimar, Robin, and WFT work with their alts/model swaps. Ooooh, what if the Kaptain costumes changed his name to Kaptain K. Rool? That would be awesome!

StormC

Smash Hero
Gangplank Galleon is one of the most famous DKC tunes and K. Rool's de facto theme. A trailer that uses a Jungle Beat song instead would be immensely disappointing. It's one of those things that makes so much sense you can't NOT do it.

(The difference is nobody cares about Roy's theme.)

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Can't wait to see what's gonna happen anytime soon. Even though I voted for Mach Rider I have a feeling for sure King K. Rool will be one of the characters on those slots I just know it! I'll be so excited to see him in a trailer once revelead.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Well, with the final moments of the Ballot, I put in my vote of King K. Rool for you guys. I wish you all good luck.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Gangplank Galleon is one of the most famous DKC tunes and K. Rool's de facto theme. A trailer that uses a Jungle Beat song instead would be immensely disappointing. It's one of those things that makes so much sense you can't NOT do it.
I don't think any trailer with K. Rool could be disappointing.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
- Good stuff -
I'd be okay with it. It'd be a weird choice, yeah, and definitely different to what we'd expected, but as Mr Tobacco said...

I don't think any trailer with K. Rool could be disappointing.
I just want to see K. Rool. Whatever shape, size, form or style, I will be content.

the ballot says that the deadline for entry is 10/3/2015 but it never said it was closing down on that date,we just assumed that it would because closing down on the deadline would actually makes sense. maybe they are going to keep it open but any votes after the deadline get thrown away/ignored/wont count

while not likely its just a thought

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I received a fortune cookie last night that told me "You will soon receive something you have always desired." Hmm, I can only imagine what that might be. . .

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I received a fortune cookie last night that told me "You will soon receive something you have always desired." Hmm, I can only imagine what that might be. . .
HMMM

It must be

A real-life K. Rool suit

:231:

Top Bottom