• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
In my view, a true Kutthroat is a K. Rool voter who voted for him and ONLY him. If you voted for K. Rool and Shovel Knight, then your contribution to K. Rool is just as great as your contribution to one of his biggest competitors. If SK does get in, then you would have been part of the reason K. Rool lost out on a slot. THAT'S what I meant by "counterintuitive". Being a Kutthroat means sacrifice. If you can't hold off on voting for whatever side character you want in (in my case, that would be Wolf), then you aren't a true Kutthroat period. You're just a guy who also happened to vote for K. Rool along with some flavour of the week you decided to take interest in recently.
It's true that individuals who voted and promoted multiple characters have less of an impact with each respective character than those who voted for just the one. But your conclusions and extrapolations from this point are unfortunate. As fanbases grow, they are more likely to include increasingly diverse amounts of people. While the "original" fanbase might be more exclusive and solely concentrated on the single character, growth in the group will inevitably lead to including people who support many different characters. This is not in itself a bad thing. To the chagrin of his detractors, it is actually a demonstration of K. Rool's widespread appeal that his support comes from so many different types of people. You interpret it as a failing but I see it as one of the many markers of K. Rool's success.

While the most "efficient" scenario for K. Rool would be to have all of those in his large fanbase singularly focused on him, this will never be the case for any character with a similar following. It doesn't have to be, either. You are confusing having a lesser effect to having no effect. While K. Rool's relative standing is helped the most by singular attention on him, those who share a portion of their attention on him are still contributing to K. Rool's votes and prominence. These contributors also have some strategic benefits that contributors solely dedicated to K.Rool might not have, like access to people and communities that are ordinarily out of reach for K. Rool. For example, a K. Rool supporter who also pushes for Krystal might speak positively about the character if he is mentioned by other Krystal fans (potentially defending him from negative comments, too.) For the fellow Krystal fans, the presence of the K. Rool fan among their ranks also raises the visibility of K. Rool even if they are not persuaded to support the character outright. Consequently, K. Rool becomes harder to ignore. In some cases, it might also soften any negativity or apathy they have for the character because someone they know supports him.

People singularly focused on K. Rool might have more of a effect on K. Rool's relative standing, but those who also support other characters are a vital part of our movement. If you are truly interested in supporting K. Rool, reconsider your approach.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! Sorry I'm late; just got home, and I didn't really want to kill my hands typing a fact of the day on my phone. But, because it is pretty late, and today was kind of a bust, I'll give you Kutthroats that one cool fact I've been saving:

Croc fact of the day #Krocthevote: numerous crocodilians have been recorded intentionally eating fruit. Not eating animals that ate fruit, or consuming it accidentally, but actually seeking fruit out and swallowing it. American Alligators and Nile crocodiles are just two of the....seventeen, I think, species known to regularly eat fruit. Some of the more common fruits eaten are walnuts, peanuts pineapple smells, grapes, melons, oranges and coconut shells, and...are you ready for this? BANANAS. The Kremlings' nanner addiction was biologically accurate the whole time.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
Is the final day of the ballot really the time to start arguing about everyone's dedication to the cause? Anyway, stop it. You're ruining my lurking experience. :p

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Is the final day of the ballot really the time to start arguing about everyone's dedication to the cause? Anyway, stop it. You're ruining my lurking experience. :p
Just imagine some lurker things here

The spoiler is that you're getting one whether you want it or not :p.

Edit this was actually more trouble than it looked like. YouTube took down the video I had bookmarked, so I had to search for it like a caveman :p.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hey guys! Sorry I'm late; just got home, and I didn't really want to kill my hands typing a fact of the day on my phone. But, because it is pretty late, and today was kind of a bust, I'll give you Kutthroats that one cool fact I've been saving:

Croc fact of the day #Krocthevote: numerous crocodilians have been recorded intentionally eating fruit. Not eating animals that ate fruit, or consuming it accidentally, but actually seeking fruit out and swallowing it. American Alligators and Nile crocodiles are just two of the....seventeen, I think, species known to regularly eat fruit. Some of the more common fruits eaten are walnuts, peanuts pineapple smells, grapes, melons, oranges and coconut shells, and...are you ready for this? BANANAS. The Kremlings' nanner addiction was biologically accurate the whole time.
That's actually pretty cool. Now we know why K. Rool wanted them bananas DK was hoarding.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I',m sure that in an alternate universe, the entire DK crew and K. Rool Crew is playable...

But hey, details, right...? :troll:

Kroconut

Smash Cadet
The end of this is all in sight. And I want to personally thank each and every one of you for your hard work and effort. It hasn't gone unnoticed.

I am so proud of all of you. I think this Kampaign has taught us a thing or too, and that is: Don't give up, don't retreat into cynicism. Even if we don't win, life is about fighting for what is right. And it's immensely satisfying to fight for what is right.

Let it not be said that we did nothing.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I',m sure that in an alternate universe, the entire DK crew and K. Rool Crew is playable...

But hey, details, right...? :troll:
The Entire DK crew? So you mean, there's a universe where people complain that DK is up there with FE and Mario in terms of character over representation? I could see it now: "We don't need Tiny Kong in the game! We already have Donkey, Diddy, Kiddy, Lanky, Cranky, Chunky, and Dixie. As well as K. Rool, Klump, and Krusha!"

Sirfishe

Smash Ace

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Ye. And neither of them isn't a clone of a clone. But then again, in another people are raging because of the inclusion of DARK DONKEY KONG. :dkmelee:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
dont think like that! there three slots! King k rool still has time! Story everyone but i hate shantae so much. I'm never buying her ever.

another thing, if shantae changes form to animals? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of no characters transforming during mid match? Shantae would be doing exactly that
Lol Bro is just two developers taking a picture with each other at a convention.Nothing to be taken to seriously.And judging by the image its kinda old.Really this means nothing

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Just imagine the 3 ballot winners

1. Shantae
2. Shovel Knight
3. Wolf

Only one of those ballot characters I would actually buy and it'd be ridiculous that it's only the veteran from Brawl!

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Don't nyo if anyone thought of this before nya, but since the ballet ends on the same day the 3ds version was released nya; couldn't it be possible that the results, a trailer, or a character is revealed/released on the wii u version release date nya? I hope not nya...
I'd be so sad nya.... :nifty:

Nyaa~ anyways, the ballet's still open nya (I checked a few minutes ago nya), so while it still lasts, please vote for K. Rool nya! This is the true final night nya! Vote for K Rool nya! Vote vote vote nya!! I'm watching you nya! All of you nya!

I couldn't find any "night of a new day" pictures nya, so I improvised nya!:nifty:

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
dont think like that! there three slots! King k rool still has time! Story everyone but i hate shantae so much. I'm never buying her ever.

another thing, if shantae changes form to animals? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of no characters transforming during mid match? Shantae would be doing exactly that
I don't mind Shantae either...but if that Tweet is him secretly hinting at Shantae (and only he knows that) and we actually get her...then what a **** move... All I am saying is, that picture better mean NOTHING...because if it doesn't that is bull****. Don't give us a hint at who won the ballot and don't gloat (yet anyway)...if she did win...that was low of him...

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't mind Shantae either...but if that Tweet is him secretly hinting at Shantae (and only he knows that) and we actually get her...then what a **** move... All I am saying is, that picture better mean NOTHING...because if it doesn't that is bull****. Don't give us a hint at who won the ballot and don't gloat...if she did win...I'd say that is gloating...and very low of him...
"Regardless who you vote in the Smash Ballot, it's going to be great" I'm not buying Shantae then if she makes it and if Sakurai doesn't add at least one new nintendo character (nevermind K. Rool) from the ballot then I'm done with him too.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Don't nyo if anyone thought of this before nya, but since the ballet ends on the same day the 3ds version was released nya; couldn't it be possible that the results, a trailer, or a character is revealed/released on the wii u version release date nya? I hope not nya...
I'd be so sad nya.... :nifty:

Nyaa~ anyways, the ballet's still open nya (I checked a few minutes ago nya), so while it still lasts, please vote for K. Rool nya! This is the true final night nya! Vote for K Rool nya! Vote vote vote nya!! I'm watching you nya! All of you nya!

I couldn't find any "night of a new day" pictures nya, so I improvised nya!:nifty:
Um, pardon me if this sounds rude and off topic, but why are you adding the word "nya" at the end of every sentence?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
"Nya" is Japanese for "meow", I'm a kitty so I go meow!:nifty:If its a problem, I'll stop nya. I hope it's not though nya... ;w;
Naw, that's okay. I understand. Never had a problem with it in the first place, but just wanted to ask why.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I do have a feeling we'll get a female character from the ballot, though I get the feeling it'll be one that can bring something interesting and new, though likely first party. Just like I believe a Villain is likely, as is a character from an un-repped franchise. Needless to say which one goes to K.Rool, though out of first party canidates for Female characters I''d probably think Sami, Captain Syrup or Krystal are likely, since they all have unique appearances and move-sets to bring to the table. But hey my thoughts. Should be interesting to see what happens

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
People say that K.Rool doesn't have the casual vote, that kids don't know who is. I find that ironic because I get the impression that most people here are under 15. That's probably a good sign for him.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
All of these mushy sentimental pats on the back make the tough cool guy inside of me wanna roll my eyes and vomit a tad. That one dude that called out the whole krew for not being devoted made my night.

(EXCEPT FOR AIN'T NO ONE MORE DEDICATED TO K. ROOL THAN ME)

Anyway, I just wanna say that it's been somewhat of a pleasure. I'm not nearly as active as I was back when I first started (back even even before all the "one of us" crap) but I never ceased in my zealous dedication. I've done a lot of personal kampaigning and I think I've gotten about 30 votes from all of my circles, but it could have been more if I weren't friends with a bunch of Isaac fanboys. I can honestly say that I would still be as overbearing in my pursuit of getting K. Rool in Smash, but this thread makes me believe that he actually has a shot and that all my work won't be for nothing.

So yeah, good job guys and all that stupid ****.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
All of these mushy sentimental pats on the back make the tough cool guy inside of me wanna roll my eyes and vomit a tad. That one dude that called out the whole krew for not being devoted made my night.

(EXCEPT FOR AIN'T NO ONE MORE DEDICATED TO K. ROOL THAN ME)

Anyway, I just wanna say that it's been somewhat of a pleasure. I'm not nearly as active as I was back when I first started (back even even before all the "one of us" crap) but I never ceased in my zealous dedication. I've done a lot of personal kampaigning and I think I've gotten about 30 votes from all of my circles, but it could have been more if I weren't friends with a bunch of Isaac fanboys. I can honestly say that I would still be as overbearing in my pursuit of getting K. Rool in Smash, but this thread makes me believe that he actually has a shot and that all my work won't be for nothing.

So yeah, good job guys and all that stupid ****.
Thanks Kranky Krock, you were a big help as well. xD

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather not us be the Ridley fans, we'd get our thread locked and then deleted for attacking others viciously...

(I know not ever Ridley fan was like that)

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
"Nya" is Japanese for "meow", I'm a kitty so I go meow!:nifty:If its a problem, I'll stop nya. I hope it's not though nya... ;w;
In that case, I'm Mr. Game and Watch, so I go beep!

It doesn't seem to have quite the same affect beep.

Yes, Mr. Game and Watch lives in Antarctica beep.

Typing these beeps is beep annoying. Beep I'm go- beep -ing to beep stop beep now beep.
:gawmelee:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
BALLOT IS OFFICALLY OVER RIGHT NOW!
Time to wait and see for the nintendo direct now.(who knows how long that will be ugh)
I'd rather not us be the Ridley fans, we'd get our thread locked and then deleted for attacking others viciously...

(I know not ever Ridley fan was like that)
I was just kidding, the "xD" expression would've shown that I'd think but I agree nonetheless.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Personally, I'm expecting some sort of PR even if it's an announcement of an announcement, Nintendo's PR department knows that it's kept us in suspense for a very long time, and it's time to start cashing in on the hype, possibly with gradual announcements

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Personally, I'm expecting some sort of PR even if it's an announcement of an announcement, Nintendo's PR department knows that it's kept us in suspense for a very long time, and it's time to start cashing in on the hype, possibly with gradual announcements
You underestimate the ineptness of Nintendo's PR.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Just imagine the 3 ballot winners

1. Shantae
2. Shovel Knight
3. Wolf

Only one of those ballot characters I would actually buy and it'd be ridiculous that it's only the veteran from Brawl!
I'd be pretty damn disappointed if those were the three final characters.
I don't think we'll get BOTH Shantae AND Shovel Knight, but I think we're bound to get one of them.

Last edited:

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
In my view, a true Kutthroat is a K. Rool voter who voted for him and ONLY him.
In all of the votes I placed in the Smash Ballot, I voted for K. Rool. I still support characters like Wolf, Bandanna Dee, Issac, etc. However, I only voted for one character due to laziness to type up votes for the others. Does this mean I do not support the other characters? Of course not. Wolf is bound to return due to SF0. As the third spot, it's anyone's game for me, seeing as K. Rool is likely to get one spot. Though you have to remember that there are more characters than just K. Rool, and that you should be fine with whatever happens. DLC gets me hyped either way.

I know this argument was long done, but I just wanted to put my two cents on the matter.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I voted only for K. Rool because he's the only character I wanted that had any sort of chance. Goroh, Simon Belmont, Protoman, and Crono are no-hopers as sad as it may be.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I voted only for K. Rool because he's the only character I wanted that had any sort of chance. Goroh, Simon Belmont, Protoman, and Crono are no-hopers as sad as it may be.
Well, at least Sonic and Earthworm Jim will no longer be alone in the can together. Then again, Sonic escaped.

Top Bottom