• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Reverse controller on a basic move sounds too broken to exist.
Agree.

Maybe the red cloud could have a paralyzed effect for a few seconds like ZSS's down smash.

Blue- Freeze
Red- Paralyze
Purple- Lip's Stick

So Kutthroats, what's your plan from here? We're at the home stretch now, I feel I've already voted for the top croc enough(4 times on different devices, 2 each on different IP addresses) so more votes from myself is out of the question.

I'll be encouraging friends to chuck a vote our way and will make a few more Miiverse posts to hopefully eke out a few more votes.

I have no artistic talents whatsoever so fan art is out of the question.

Hopefully that will be enough. :)

Morbi

Scavenger
More like rumors.
More like rumors passed off as leaks.

The hatred directed at heavyweights appears to at least partly come from the requirement to actually learn a little more in order to play as them effectively, because there is less opportunity or reward for rushing in haphazardly. So, I suspect not.
The hatred for heavy-weights comes from the fact that a player needs better fundamentals to properly use them? Wow.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The hatred for heavy-weights comes from the fact that a player needs better fundamentals to properly use them? Wow.
Well, it's the only explanation I have for it, since it always seems to be code-speak for a character not meshing with someone's playstyle. I've yet to hear anyone give a good reason for it - only things like "They're fat and slow so they're not fun so no more should ever be added", without consideration for what others find fun. :laugh:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Also the big heavyweights can't be remotely viable thing has been shattered by DK lately. Let's hope K.rool ends up being just as well designed as his nemesis!

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I will be fine with anything as long as it isn't :4samus:/:4zelda: levels of viability or an insane learning curve like worse than :4olimar:. Obviously I hope that he would starts as a viable character, but just having him in the game would be awesome.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
The Metal Mario thing is likely false, just like nigh all rumors originating on 4chan. Still, I have no reason to dismiss it; it does sound in line with what Sakurai would do. And tbh, I wouldn't be upset with it if it came to pass. In fourth grade, I had a folder with an N64-era render of Metal Mario and everyone thought it was so kewl. I have a soft spot for him.

Are you lot more or less likely to entertain such a rumor if it involves K. Rool? Are you quick to dismiss it if it doesn't mention him?
I think it's to do with 2 or 3 things:

1) How much evidence is there? This is obviously most important and is why Gematsu, Royu and so on gained so much traction. Independent of K Rool.

2) How likely does it seem to be? This can involve K Rool as it's a judgement on the content of the supposed leak, but it's a more a case of the weakest part. One suggesting e.g. Wolf, Isaac, Bandana Dee would be given the time of the day whereas if I see someone like Metal Mario bundled with King K Rool I would laugh and move on.

3) how much do we want it to be true? This is largely what you're getting at but the general rule of thumb I've seen from this thread is viciously attacking certain leaks (Shovel Knight) which don't involve K Rool and saying "Nice to see K Rool, moving on" if he is there. I remember the K Rool leak gaining actually much less traction here than it did in other threads.

I don't think we dismiss leaks any quicker because they don't have K Rool; we dismiss the K Rool ones as well. We are just not as invested in proving ones with K Rool wrong as we are the ones that say he's not coming.

Those are my feelings anyway.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The Metal Mario thing is likely false, just like nigh all rumors originating on 4chan. Still, I have no reason to dismiss it; it does sound in line with what Sakurai would do. And tbh, I wouldn't be upset with it if it came to pass. In fourth grade, I had a folder with an N64-era render of Metal Mario and everyone thought it was so kewl. I have a soft spot for him.

Are you lot more or less likely to entertain such a rumor if it involves K. Rool? Are you quick to dismiss it if it doesn't mention him?
I dismiss all leaks, period, hands down. If there's evidence that a leak looks more and more true, then I'll start to believe it. Namely, Rayman. And that has seriously hurt my ability to believe any leaks as well.

I think it's to do with 2 or 3 things:

1) How much evidence is there? This is obviously most important and is why Gematsu, Royu and so on gained so much traction. Independent of K Rool.

2) How likely does it seem to be? This can involve K Rool as it's a judgement on the content of the supposed leak, but it's a more a case of the weakest part. One suggesting e.g. Wolf, Isaac, Bandana Dee would be given the time of the day whereas if I see someone like Metal Mario bundled with King K Rool I would laugh and move on.

3) how much do we want it to be true? This is largely what you're getting at but the general rule of thumb I've seen from this thread is viciously attacking certain leaks (Shovel Knight) which don't involve K Rool and saying "Nice to see K Rool, moving on" if he is there. I remember the K Rool leak gaining actually much less traction here than it did in other threads.

I don't think we dismiss leaks any quicker because they don't have K Rool; we dismiss the K Rool ones as well. We are just not as invested in proving ones with K Rool wrong as we are the ones that say he's not coming.

Those are my feelings anyway.
This, pretty much. Of course, there's fewer leaks that have K. Rool, but we tend to dismiss all leaks, even the K. Rool ones. (Plus, none of the K. Rool ones have really been all that convincing anyway.)

Troykv

Smash Master
Metal Mario? If his practically free with the stage (something like $1.99 or $2.99 dolar) would be great.

Actually would be a interesting idea to sell a character more for the stage than for the character itself xD.

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I reckon for the next few weeks, I'll be rocking that K.Rool Costume when I play on Anther's Ladder. I'll give the costume this, without it, I probably would not be having so much fun with the Mii brawler.

Hang in there boys and girls, only four weeks until the ballot ends.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Heavyweights in fighting games are often disregarded for being "too technical" or "too slow". K. Rool would be a nice subversion of the typical heavy fighter: he knows he's big and slow, so he fights from a distance and makes you come to him instead.

Very krafty. Very K. Rool, ne~? ;3

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Less than a month to go...?

Let's go out with a bang then, Sakurai. Release our Kaptain!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
krool.jpg

:) Hope you guys doesn't mind that I leave this here, I have been doing character Constellations in other Threads, and I thought it would be nice to give K.Rool a tryout even if I don't know much about him and this being the first time I draw him. @GaroMaster shared a drawing of a Raymanized K.Rool I did a while ago.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
View attachment 71685

:) Hope you guys doesn't mind that I leave this here, I have been doing character Constellations in other Threads, and I thought it would be nice to give K.Rool a tryout even if I don't know much about him and this being the first time I draw him. @GaroMaster shared a drawing of a Raymanized K.Rool I did a while ago.
It looks excellent! Good job!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Art time. For the Cranky Kongs that don't follow the Kremling Kampaign on twitter.

First off: Fischhead's awesome Kremling Kompendium returns. And this one will send shockwaves: it's Kasplat!

Check out the full quality image.

Next, by Courtney Chitsiga: a great interpretation of the first ever K. Rool fight!

It's summer festival time! K. Rool grabs some Snowmad-brand shaved ice before he meets up with Kensuke Tanabe and Shigeru Miyamoto. They will enjoy the frozen desserts as K. Rool passive aggressively discusses their decisions in Donkey Kong Country Returns.

By リック

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy here we go
Perfect profile picture.

Also, the leak is false. Let's make that clear and get it over with. It was 10% convincing until it said
Finally, there is a brand new DLC character---Metal Mario.
We should never dismiss any leaks, just in case, but when it is so blatantly fake like this one we shouldn't spend too much time on it. It could of been any other character that had support and it would of been more convincing. This is something sakurai would only do if he actually wanted to piss us off.

Semi-relevant to K. Rool: Today marks the 19th anniversary of the show's premiere!

http://kongobongoisland.tumblr.com/post/128299026985/birth
So that is now 19 years of
d̶o̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶a̶n̶d̶e̶d̶?̶:troll:

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I won't entirely dismiss the leak, because I did the same to the ESRB because of Doctor Mario, and that bit me hard in the ass later. I'm sceptical though. Very, very skeptical.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I won't entirely dismiss the leak, because I did the same to the ESRB because of Doctor Mario, and that bit me hard in the *** later. I'm sceptical though. Very, very skeptical.
I think we can dismiss it. Metal Mario makes no sense since there is already an item that turns you metal.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's summer festival time! K. Rool grabs some Snowmad-brand shaved ice before he meets up with Kensuke Tanabe and Shigeru Miyamoto. They will enjoy the frozen desserts as K. Rool passive aggressively discusses their decisions in Donkey Kong Country Returns.

By リック
King K. Imono? :laugh:

It's peculiar. And I like it for that. And Bashmaster too.

:231:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I won't entirely dismiss the leak, because I did the same to the ESRB because of Doctor Mario, and that bit me hard in the *** later. I'm sceptical though. Very, very skeptical.
The leaks which have lasted (ESRB, Gematsu, Royu) were all more than random 4chan posts. ESRB has images and later videos, Royu had data on the disk, and Gematsu has a credible-ish website.

I think we can dismiss this one.

:231:

D

Deleted member

This feels so desolated....

There's literally NOTHING that we can talk about.....the only thing we is this stupid Metal Mario leak (do people even try anymore?)

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
So, if K. Rool makes it in as his normal Kingly self, we'd all love it and play the hell outta him. But let's be real, here; if Sakurai blesses us with a Kaptain alternate kostume, that's the one we'll play as 99% of the time. Am I alone in thinking this?
Personally, I'd try to alternate between the two frequently. (bonus points if we get more costumes, seeing as I'd love a Baron and Krusha alt too.)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So, if K. Rool makes it in as his normal Kingly self, we'd all love it and play the hell outta him. But let's be real, here; if Sakurai blesses us with a Kaptain alternate kostume, that's the one we'll play as 99% of the time. Am I alone in thinking this?
I'd need never play any other K. Rool. I'd just play Kaptain forever.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Now we wait.
And just sit here...

Someone data mine the Wii U version or something. :laugh:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would probably use standard green King K. Rool the most, but I'd cycle through all of his other costumes as well, just to represent them all online. Like, I'd start out as King, then switch to Kaptain, Baron, Krusha, or even just the normal colors that are there to mix things up a little bit for my opponent.

Here's the very first DKC cartoon episode, for anyone interested in watching. My, how far we've come from...err, cutting DK's hair.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Good God, bald DK is horrifying. I had no idea what terrors laid below his luscious cowlick.
The question now is whether the cow lick is cartilage, or bone? Or, a much more gruesome possibility, a brain tumor, which would explain Donkey Kong's low intelligence and anger issues, plus his horrible priorities?

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I can't hold all these leaks.

*leaks fall out of hands*

There's just too many.

Apologies for spreading misinformation.

Edit: @ Bananija Bananija the PushDustIn poll results are terrific! K. Rool has a clear, solid lead in both A and B sections with Isaac a ways behind with everyone else a ways behind Isaac. I'm very confident in K. Rool and Isaac's chances right now. This is Sakurai, however, so we have no clue who could get in at this point.

Just a month to go.

Exactly 30 days to be exact, between September 3rd and October 3rd (as of this writing, which is 8 minutes until September 4th). I think a count down is in order!
The most beautiful thing about this results as that even without our votes K.Rool would have ruled them all.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
On other "news":
Super Mario Bros Z is getting a rebbot! And our beloved king is going to make an appearance !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8qsmLmgI4
REALLY? I loved that series! I hated how the original ended on a cliffhanger! What happened to Mario and the poison Mushroom? And K. Rool will be in it! Oh man, I can't wait to see a high end, action packed DBZ style fight with Our King! Just the things he can do with a Blunderbuss alone!

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
REALLY? I loved that series! I hated how the original ended on a cliffhanger! What happened to Mario and the poison Mushroom?
I hated that cliffhanger too, fortunately he didn't leave us in the dark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SIxQmwca5U

And K. Rool will be in it! Oh man, I can't wait to see a high end, action packed DBZ style fight with Our King! Just the things he can do with a Blunderbuss alone!
I hope we have a Metal\Mecha Sonic vs King K Rool fight!

Top Bottom