• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Wait, so did the SK thing get more credence now or something? I thought yesterday we already settled that it was dead.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If anything Shovel Knight getting in is a good thing for K. Rool.

Shovel Knight's virtually a western-only character. Even more so than Little Mac was. You know who's big in the West? K. Rool. It shows they're listening to more than just Japan.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
If anything Shovel Knight getting in is a good thing for K. Rool.

Shovel Knight's virtually a western-only character. Even more so than Little Mac was. You know who's big in the West? K. Rool. It shows they're listening to more than just Japan.
Also, K.Rool is pretty popular in Japan. If a third party with high Western support can get in, why couldn't a first party with high support everywhere get in?

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Welp.

"Not going to let just any character from other companies join". Ha.
To be fair, he also said this new DLC was going to be "pure fan service".

While, yes, all things considered, King K Rool SHOULD be part of that "pure fan service", Shovel Knight would also qualify in that department for the hundreds of people that voted for him.

Technically.

Please don't hurt me sir

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm confused. Is SK going to be one of the ballot fighters then, or just a character Sak & Co. want to add?
I'd assume that if Shovel Knight is indeed (or rather, indie'd. Hey yooooooo) coming, he'd have been chosen as A ballot character, but not THE ballot character, if that makes sense. Like, "we saw he had overwhelming Western popularity early on, so we started work on him. However, he is not the ballot winner: that ends in October."

That kind of thing.

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
I'd assume that if Shovel Knight is indeed (or rather, indie'd. Hey yooooooo) coming, he'd have been chosen as A ballot character, but not THE ballot character, if that makes sense. Like, "we saw he had overwhelming Western popularity early on, so we started work on him. However, he is not the ballot winner: that ends in October."

That kind of thing.
I'm completely fine with that. I just find these rumors odd considering how we aren't even in September yet, meaning there's over a month left to vote submit a ballot.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
His day will come. No need to throw a fit if he's not the immediate next guy.
I would agree with you if we were having this discussion last year. Since Brawl, K. Rool has basically been retconned out of his own series, didn't appear in Smash 4 despite the overwhelming fan demand, and may not show up as DLC either despite, once again, the overwhelming fan demand. We've been waiting long enough. I don't think anybody actively dislikes Shovel Knight, and if they do, they shouldn't. It's more like "my character has been around for 20 years and I don't feel like waiting until I'm 35 to play as him."

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Welp, the 3rd party slots just got cheapened...not Banjo Kazooie, not Rayman, not Simon Belmont, not any of those third party icons...Shovel Knight, a one hit wonder that hasn't even had two games...truly an icon to reckon with. This kind of sickens me TBH. I'm not against SK's inclusion as a character, but it's how they handled it which bothers me on a deep level. Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking his fans nor the character, I'm attacking the ETHICS of the inclusion.

IF IF IF and a big IF he's confirmed.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Here it is guys!! Deconfirmed!!! SK is officially getting his own amiibo, but its not smash related. Tamaki made an assumption based on the "Retailers" he reached out to confirming the amiibo. Big assumption he made.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Here it is guys!! Deconfirmed!!! SK is officially getting his own amiibo, but its not smash related. Tamaki made an assumption based on the "Retailers" he reached out to confirming the amiibo. Big assumption he made.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
*Ahem*

The Shovel Knight rumour is officially BUTTBUTTinated.

Still not convinced. I'm waiting until the weekend is over.
It's an official tweet with no mention of being used in games not made by Yacht Club. What else do you want to convince you?

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
maybe not a smash amiibo..but if shovel knight got amiibo..i'm sure this will not be for only 1 game...

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
maybe not a smash amiibo..but if shovel knight got amiibo..i'm sure this will not be for only 1 game...
Sure probably, and maybe for Mario Maker. This does confirm Tamaki's so called "retailer" source hes been going on about. Looks like it was never smash related to begin with.

This is also likely the Megaton announcement.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still want one. I have a need.

Shovel Knight amiiboooooooooooooo! :D

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I don't think this is the end for Shovel Knight, but it's certainly a shot in the foot.

We've been through this as well, guys. Don't jump to conclusions.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I could see how Tamaki could confuse it with being Smash related, It says "Shovel Knight for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U', but I'll admit I first read that as "Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U", seems like a common mistake.
...that is assuming that is really all that he saw. Still not calling off the possibility yet.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
if you take closer look..we can see this logo...strange.

i k now we are in k.rool topic, i loveee shove knight but i still prefer k.rool...
and like someone else said , we can have both.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

How does this deconfirm him?It doesn't change anything really it's just an amiibo and there's nothing saying he ant get two.Dont go jumping to conclusions

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Well, there goes Butt Butt :drshrug:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Shovel Knight, I'm happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but Kim Kardashian is one of the best 3rd parties of all time. Of all time.

Let's be real, the only worthy 3rd party newcomer is and always has been Kim Kardashian. :troll: Queen of social media, fashion, free-to-play-with-ingame-purchase games, reality TV, being married to Kanye West. She represents the casual and mobile markets. She has no history with Nintendo... yet. Wouldn't Smash be an incredible debut for her? She can even film her own trailer and Kanye can write a song about Smash. The promotion would be incredible. Her fans are used to in-game purchases, so she'd be the #1 DLC for sure. Shovel who? Simon what? :denzel:

...Okay, now that I'm done, I'm really hoping this SK rumor is false. I don't want to make SK fans feel bad because I know how much it sucks when internet strangers just dismiss your fave. I just don't feel he's on the same level of iconicity as the other 3rd parties. Same goes for Shantae. If he (or she) make huge strides in the next couple of years, I'm open to them in the next Smash. But as of now... they just ain't there yet. They need to do some training under waterfalls or whatever. Look at Ike, he clearly stepped up his game, and he was already in the game :4shulk:. 3rd parties are held to a special standard. But they might meet it one day and if they do, then I say welcome.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
But(t Butt)...

Why would Yacht Club tell us it's a Smash amiibo if he hasn't even been confirmed for Smash?

I mean, yeah, I know Smash has its own line of amiibo, but what if this is a cross-compatibility thing?

I don't know. I walked in at the strangest of times.

EDIT: To be fair, I'd be okay with it.

Hell, I'd play Butt Butt, he seems a ton of fun. :3

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Tamaki probably heard that a Shovel Knight Amiibo was in the works and made a huge assumption thinking it was for Smash. I mean, this doesn't mean he can't be in Smash, but hopefully you guys are more optimistic now. The ballot is not over yet, so keep on kampaigning. Somebody should draw a picture of K. Rool wearing a full bodied suit of armor and name him... King K. Night.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Tamaki probably heard that a Shovel Knight Amiibo was in the works and made a huge assumption thinking it was for Smash. I mean, this doesn't mean he can't be in Smash, but hopefully you guys are more optimistic now. The ballot is not over yet, so keep on kampaigning. Somebody should draw a picture of K. Rool wearing a full bodied suit of armor and name him... King K. Night.
I think you mean "King B. Utt" :troll:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
if you take closer look..we can see this logo...strange.

i k now we are in k.rool topic, i loveee shove knight but i still prefer k.rool...
and like someone else said , we can have both.
how odd.png
Made it visible for y'all :drshrug:

Top Bottom