• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Long story short, this means little, but I think we can lay "Sakurai despises K. Rool with every inch of his being" to rest once and for all. He chose these, after all.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, it is good to see a picture with K. Rool in it as one of the winners. Perhaps that foreshadows something (The King of the Kremlings in his Rare design? Because let's be honest, that's the best design ever) :3

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It is good to see that we have one the contest, even though it doesn't truly change the king's chances. That said, we must continue voting for K. Rool and support him until the end. Hopefully, our effort will pay off.

D

Deleted member

Okay, i have to say 2 things:

1.It's great to see K.Rool in a contest picture. It makes me smile.

2.Ignore the people at Know Your Meme. That Website is full of idiotic and stubborn people, not to mention that there are a lot of disturbing things in that site.

Case in point:
Are you sure you wanna read this?
Really sure?
Okay.....
They have a Hentai Quotes Gallery. Im not joking. Things like that should tell you what kind of people are on that site.

Last edited by a moderator:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
That was a great pic. Glad it won a spot in the contest. My favorite was the Chef K.Rool pic. That made me laugh pretty hard.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Its nice that a K. Rool pic got chosen, just keep in mind that it doesn't mean anything.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well I think this a good first step in the right direction.I yeahed everything.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The K. Rool pic being chosen as one of the winners is good news!

While unrelated to his development in Smash Brothers as an actual DLC character, this is a definite win in terms of exposure. Exposure in the fanbase on Miiverse and exposure to the developers.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
But lets think about this guys.

If they don't plan on adding K Rool, it is a questionable decision to choose a picture that compares him to characters like Dedede and Bowser.

I know Nintendo makes some very poor decisions, but I don't think they're dumb enough to choose a picture they know would leave fans disappointed.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

If they don't plan on adding K Rool, it is a questionable decision to choose a picture that compares him to characters like Dedede and Bowser.

I know Nintendo makes some very poor decisions, but I don't think they're dumb enough to choose a picture they know would leave fans disappointed.
While this certainly doesn't confirm K. Rool, it is still a win on our part, as we finally got Nintendo to recognize that K. Rool exists as something more than a silly Mii outfit. (But that doesn't mean were stopping here, we'll keep kampainging until the Kings konfirmed!)

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I'm not reading too much into the pic being chosen. I'm just glad k.rool's getting some recognition and gets to have some of the spotlight.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Here's the thing. If they didn't choose a K. Rool pic, it could just as easily be argued "Why, with all those K. Rool pics in there, why did they not choose ANY of them?"

See, its a win-win in regards to exposure. Someone was going to try and say it meant something. Odds are it means jack in the long run, but its nice to see something positive after all this recent negativity.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
While this certainly doesn't confirm K. Rool, it is still a win on our part, as we finally got Nintendo to recognize that K. Rool exists as something more than a silly Mii outfit. (But that doesn't mean were stopping here, we'll keep kampainging until the Kings konfirmed!)
Hey if anything this ballot was the best thing that could have happened to K Rool. (Not necesarially in terms of getting to Smash but in terms of him as a character)

-Before the ballot it seemed like K Rool was dying in the DK series
-Nintendo is now seeing the love for him
-Mii Costume
-Trademarked
-Photo Contest
-It looks like K Rool is going to be revived in the DK series now that Nintendo sees how much people like him
-Things are looking pretty good imo for his Smash 4 chances as well

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
Long story short, this means little, but I think we can lay "Sakurai despises K. Rool with every inch of his being" to rest once and for all. He chose these, after all.
How do we know Sakurai picks these? Isn't this contest regional? Didn't NoA pick this?

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Wow, did I miss a lot. So, other than the whole photo contest, what did I miss exactly? I just skipped to the recent page is all.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How do we know Sakurai picks these? Isn't this contest regional? Didn't NoA pick this?
Allow me to announce the winners! The winner of the Gold prize is… ""Sometimes you need to unite, to achieve big goals in your live."" by Andrés! Here's a message from Mr Sakurai himself: ""Giant display versions of games consoles like this used to really exist. The difficulty of pressing the buttons was all part of the fun, but with the number of buttons consoles have these days...things might be a little difficult.""

Sakurai did comment on the Gold winner directly. He was involved in this in some form.

People should also note; there was one Gold winner and four "silver" winners. The Big Kings (with K. Rool) was only a Silver.

Wow, did I miss a lot. So, other than the whole photo contest, what did I miss exactly? I just skipped to the recent page is all.
Um.... how should I put it?

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
Allow me to announce the winners! The winner of the Gold prize is… ""Sometimes you need to unite, to achieve big goals in your live."" by Andrés! Here's a message from Mr Sakurai himself: ""Giant display versions of games consoles like this used to really exist. The difficulty of pressing the buttons was all part of the fun, but with the number of buttons consoles have these days...things might be a little difficult.""

Sakurai did comment on the Gold winner directly. He was involved in this in some form.

People should also note; there was one Gold winner and four "silver" winners. The Big Kings (with K. Rool) was only a Silver.

Damn, only a Silver? Sooo... which one of those pics won?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found 'em:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkZJ9DRfg

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Slight confession

I hope the shovel knight rumor is true and hes in

And if the king gets in as well thats a double win

Remember in my defense its ben clarified thats its not only 2 more could be any number

And the snake and k rool not getting in part is only a opinion not a fact

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Damn, only a Silver? Sooo... which one of those pics won?
Its pretty clear if you read it that the first one is the Gold one. I don't necessarily think the others are in any specific order.

But honestly, does it matter? One with K. Rool was still picked. That's good enough for me.

Slight confession

I hope the shovel knight rumor is true and hes in

And if the king gets in as well thats a double win

Remember in my defense its ben clarified thats its not only 2 more could be any number

And the snake and k rool not getting in part is only a opinion not a fact
Snake is extremely likely not to be back just due to the whole Konami fiasco. His only reasoning on K. Rool is the Mii costume.

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137

Okay, I just checked. It seems like that there is the Shovel Knight rumor that people are talking about. Okay. Well to be honest, that rumor, I am taking with a grain of salt, but at the same time, I am more neutral towards it. Yet again, I am more of a retro character kind of guy. But hey. That's just me.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
HOW DID YOU DO THIS! THIS IS ****ING AMAZING! I WANT IT.

Its pretty clear if you read it that the first one is the Gold one. I don't necessarily think the others are in any specific order.

But honestly, does it matter? One with K. Rool was still picked. That's good enough for me.
That's good enough for a lot of us! :4pacman:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I find it funny that the K. Rool picture has around the same amount of likes of the Gold winner. I find it very impressive. I'm not sure if that's a good sign but people are definitely taking notice.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Snake is extremely likely not to be back just due to the whole Konami fiasco. His only reasoning on K. Rool is the Mii costume.
Besides the whole thing of, "Konami is an asshole", I really need a more in depth explanation of why it screws Snake over. I see it all the time and practically nobody goes more in depth with it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Besides the whole thing of, "Konami is an *******", I really need a more in depth explanation of why it screws Snake over. I see it all the time and practically nobody goes more in depth with it.
Because Bomberman's better anyway
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'll leave

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Great to see a K. Rool picture get chosen.

Even though it probably doesn't mean anything significant, it's a nice boost of positive exposure.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Aware of those

Konami not working with nintendo

And this rumor guy/leaker is another fool to jump the gun that the costume deconfirms the king

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
**** shovel face... thats all.... :) And I really think out of all costumes they could have done for donkey kong... could have been a kitter. That would have been such a better choice than actually k rool. Anyway, this is the most dumbest thing ever with the whole shovel knight leak. Why are people believing this? I doubt they would use the same art style that omi used. We can have better third party characters

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Besides the whole thing of, "Konami is an *******", I really need a more in depth explanation of why it screws Snake over. I see it all the time and practically nobody goes more in depth with it.
We don't really need much more of an explanation. I can go more in-depth, but it'd just explain each point that's all related to "Konami is an ********". Shall I attempt it?

Konami doesn't give a **** about their IP's except to make money off of them. Kojima has been royally screwed over by Konami, and he's the #1 reason why Snake was in Smash to begin with. They're not even regarding MGSV as "A Hideo Kojima Game" anymore. Right now, MGS is still a property that's making them money, and they'll not be likely to give up that crap any time soon.

Konami was willing to license off one old dead Hudson Soft IP over to Nintendo. This is true. Maybe they'd license off more, but again, these are dead IP's that Konami doesn't give a crap about. MGSV is still making them money, and its one of their biggest IP's. After Kojima leaves they'll still want to shove it off somewhere.

The big picture here is how Nintendo plays into this. Sakurai added Snake because of Kojima primarily. If they go to Konami to try and get Snake, they no longer have Kojima to deal with. First, Konami might attempt to make a ridiculous licensing deal to squeeze more money out of it. That's pretty bad as is, but let's say they're nice.

Kojima and Sakurai are friends. Kojima and Konami are at extreme odds with one another right now. With all the tension in the company right now, I don't think this is something Nintendo would want to get involved in at all, let alone the possibility of Konami charging an obscene amount of money to license Snake.

Then there's also one other factor--the game's rating. Brawl was rated T, this game is rated E-10+. Snake might just be the push needed to make that a T again, and they don't want to do that. So this is another factor they really need to worry about.

I also heard that it cost Nintendo a lot to contract David Hayter to do Snake's voice. Now with David Hayter no longer being used, Konami would likely ask them to completely re-record his lines with Keith Sutherland instead. Not sure how that would go. They might even want Snake to be updated to Big Boss's design to promote MGSV, which would also add to the development time for adding the character.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
As soon as I saw this, I heard Crocodile Cacophony playing in victory. Congrats to winning the Miiverse contest, Kutthroats!

Man, that was a hectic couple of pages. I'm usually away when a fallout like that happens, and I never like seeing the aftermath. I don't buy this whole tamaki thing, and I'm in the boat that he's trolling us.

But do you know what I ultimately want from King K. Rool's confirmation? That when he is confirmed, all the frustration that has growing with in this community finally vanishes and the Kutthroats can finally move on knowing that their goal of bringing King K. Rool home to Nintendo's spotlight of all-stars has succeeded, and that the Finest Hour eventually leads us on our own paths in future speculation.

I think it's time positivity was brought back to the thread - It's my 18th birthday today:bee:! Yay!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As soon as I saw this, I heard Crocodile Cacophony playing in victory. Congrats to winning the Miiverse contest, Kutthroats!

Man, that was a hectic couple of pages. I'm usually away when a fallout like that happens, and I never like seeing the aftermath. I don't buy this whole tamaki thing, and I'm in the boat that he's trolling us.

But do you know what I ultimately want from King K. Rool's confirmation? That when he is confirmed, all the frustration that has growing with in this community finally vanishes and the Kutthroats can finally move on knowing that their goal of bringing King K. Rool home to Nintendo's spotlight of all-stars has succeeded, and that the Finest Hour eventually leads us on our own paths in future speculation.

I think it's time positivity was brought back to the thread - It's my 18th birthday today:bee:! Yay!
Keep in mind that there are five winners, with one main winner, and four others. The K. Rool one is just one of the four others. I just want to clarify this; its still good that we got chosen for one of them!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; I have a new avatar, both because it's pirate themed, and it comes from an anime I recently watched (it's awesome). And lately, The King K Rool hype has been increasing thanks to that picture, so I decided it was time for a change of avatar as well because of that. :3

Last edited:

Uzume

Orange Heart
We don't really need much more of an explanation. I can go more in-depth, but it'd just explain each point that's all related to "Konami is an ********". Shall I attempt it?

Konami doesn't give a **** about their IP's except to make money off of them. Kojima has been royally screwed over by Konami, and he's the #1 reason why Snake was in Smash to begin with. They're not even regarding MGSV as "A Hideo Kojima Game" anymore. Right now, MGS is still a property that's making them money, and they'll not be likely to give up that crap any time soon.

Konami was willing to license off one old dead Hudson Soft IP over to Nintendo. This is true. Maybe they'd license off more, but again, these are dead IP's that Konami doesn't give a crap about. MGSV is still making them money, and its one of their biggest IP's. After Kojima leaves they'll still want to shove it off somewhere.

The big picture here is how Nintendo plays into this. Sakurai added Snake because of Kojima primarily. If they go to Konami to try and get Snake, they no longer have Kojima to deal with. First, Konami might attempt to make a ridiculous licensing deal to squeeze more money out of it. That's pretty bad as is, but let's say they're nice.

Kojima and Sakurai are friends. Kojima and Konami are at extreme odds with one another right now. With all the tension in the company right now, I don't think this is something Nintendo would want to get involved in at all, let alone the possibility of Konami charging an obscene amount of money to license Snake.

Then there's also one other factor--the game's rating. Brawl was rated T, this game is rated E-10+. Snake might just be the push needed to make that a T again, and they don't want to do that. So this is another factor they really need to worry about.

I also heard that it cost Nintendo a lot to contract David Hayter to do Snake's voice. Now with David Hayter no longer being used, Konami would likely ask them to completely re-record his lines with Keith Sutherland instead. Not sure how that would go. They might even want Snake to be updated to Big Boss's design to promote MGSV, which would also add to the development time for adding the character.
That explanation was pretty spot on. Makes me sad that Snake wasn't in melee so that they would try to get him in even more for nostalgic sakes like they did with Roy and Mewtwo.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

When dark moments like that happen, I'm usually luckily away, seeing only the results. However, it's nice too see how 99% of the kutthroats are able to handle crisis with positivity, respect and lucidity.

Also, happy birthday!:joyful:

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Well, happy birthday then, good sir! I hope it is an enjoyable one for you. :4kirby::4dedede::4dk::4diddy:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Happy birthday then, Strider!

Top Bottom