• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Glad that you Kutthroats are starting to calm down :dizzy: hue

To spark some more K. Rool-related discussion, if our glorious king gets into Smash, would you like for his animations to be all choppy and "robot-like" in homage to his old animations from the DKC trilogy? Or would like them to be remade and improved upon, like many of Diddy's animations?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
To spark some more K. Rool-related discussion, if our glorious king gets into Smash, would you like for his animations to be all choppy and "robot-like" in homage to his old animations from the DKC trilogy? Or would like them to be remade and improved upon, like many of Diddy's animations?
His animations in DKC2 were quite smooth, though... So, I guess a bit of both? :laugh:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
If Donkey and Diddy act and move like real monkeys. Maybe K. Rool should be animated like a real crocodile.
Or maybe choppy. After all, he is a "retro character" according to the Mii costume.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
If Donkey and Diddy act and move like real monkeys. Maybe K. Rool should be animated like a real crocodile.
In fairness, this was the case in the original Donkey Kong Country, as well - their animation being geared this way isn't a Smash thing.

Rare's original location of the time of the DKC trilogy, the place famed for the gigantic cartwheel above the doors, was located not too far away from Twycross Zoo (I was lucky enough to actually drive past Rare's HQ on a trip to said zoo, once :laugh:), and according to the old DKC promotional VHS, the apes there were studied during the game's production. ;)

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
In fairness, this was the case in the original Donkey Kong Country, as well - their animation being geared this way isn't a Smash thing.

Rare's original location of the time of the DKC trilogy, the place famed for the gigantic cartwheel above the doors, was located not too far away from Twycross Zoo (I was lucky enough to actually drive past Rare's HQ on a trip to said zoo, once :laugh:), and according to the old DKC promotional VHS, the apes there were studied during the game's production. ;)
Didn't the apes movement weren't what they expected and they decided to base their movements on other things(or I'm just confused:p)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The guy who is leaking this has said theres only two characters left as DLC. One is Shovel Knight. And the other is not K Rool or Snake

Sakurai said he only had several characters left. If Shovel Knight is in smash, and revealed soon as this guy implies, then we are likely to only get one other character as well. So for our sakes here, Shovel Knight and K Rool are mutually exclusive.

I don't recall the leaker saying anyhing like that

Link it or stop throwing false stuff

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I don't recall the leaker saying anyhing like that

Link it or stop throwing false stuff
He didn't. That was a mistatement clarified by BKupa; it was PushDustin who responded to the guy and said there'd be one character next month and another in October after the guy in question, Tamaki, asked for suggestions AND after he said that one of the people who responded got it right. Tamaki himself never stated there was only two characters. He has instead repeatedly claimed he doesn't know (he just doesn't think K. Rool or Snake are either of them).

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Damn I wish Nintendo didn't keep the ballot open this long. It's caused more harm than good IMO. Did it REALLY need to be open for 8 months? The stress and anxiety is enormous not just for us K.Rool fans but the whole Smash fanbase in general. 3 months should've been the total max! Especially if the rumor is true and we're only getting two more characters. I seriously hope once October 3rd rolls around Sakurai comes out and says "The characters being developed (if they aren't already done) are "_______" and "______" hope you enjoy!" and not some bullcrap like "The Ballot has officially closed Thank You for participating, we are reviewing the submissions stay tuned for further announcements and info...."

But why do I get the feeling it's gonna be the latter...and we're gonna still be anxious/speculating way into early next year. -_-

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Someone link me to this leak, please? I need to see what all this fuss is about.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
He didn't. That was a mistatement clarified by BKupa; it was PushDustin who responded to the guy and said there'd be one character next month and another in October after the guy in question, Tamaki, asked for suggestions AND after he said that one of the people who responded got it right. Tamaki himself never stated there was only two characters. He has instead repeatedly claimed he doesn't know (he just doesn't think K. Rool or Snake are either of them).
Ok thats a good clarification

One in september (presumingly shovel knight since its close to the megaton announcement thing and most likely that if true)

And one in october

And its a opinion snake and the king won't get in.

So how i see it. (Opinion by the way)

2 winners revealed before the ballot votes are up and then a couple of more after the ballot since they can make the decisions now they can tally the votes. And ofcoarse its possible he could be wrong about snake and the king.

Thats how i see what he said

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I'm not saying K. Rool would be a lock, but I do think he's the most likely choice.
He's basically the choice for not dumb decisions but then again.. this is sakurai and his incomprehensibly weird logic we're dealing with here so everything's a 50/50 with that *shrug* i mean k.rool was a more obvious choice than say.. freaking rosalina or duckhunt.
You did that on purpose....

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Eggman show up with a moveset similar to the Koopa Kids', but that's neither here nor there. K. Rool komes first.

I really want to agree with everyone on the "Don't hate other people's characters" concept, but then I think of Dork Pit, and the myriad Marths, and all the other stupid worthless controversial decisions that happened with the roster this time around that I can't seem to get my petty little head around it.
same. i don't hate characters like rosalin and co but i just fid it so infuriatingly stupid how you'd add random side characters over major antagonists from a series lacking in content. or heck, how much villians have been ignored in general is just so weird since these protagonists would be absolutely NOTHING without a good antagonist.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Looks like Knowyourmeme is sh**ting on us....
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1010099-super-smash-brothers

I really, really despise how they attempt to manipulate our words....
ofcourse the vultures have come out to prey on us because just like ridley we're not allowed to reasonably support a character and franchise we love. No that's apparently "wrong" "stupid" and "obsessive" in the internets eye. it's absolutely disgusting especially since just like ridley for the most part our krew actually provies decent, thoughtful, and well worded prepositions/arguments for the most part rather than the hypebolistic screaming and fanboying it's made out to be by the ignorant and callous.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
aye_pirate_thumb.png

ofcourse the vultures have come out to prey on us because just like ridley we're not allowed to reasonably support a character and franchise we love. No that's apparently "wrong" "stupid" and "obsessive" in the internets eye. it's absolutely disgusting especially since just like ridley for the most part our krew actually provies decent, thoughtful, and well worded prepositions/arguments for the most part rather than the hypebolistic screaming and fanboying it's made out to be by the ignorant and callous.
If a character's a real nintendo all star and a long deserving one to be playable in a game like ssb and rightfully has the attention and support they deserve, of course, hater's gonna hate because they're jelly.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

View attachment 70278

If a character's a real nintendo all star and a long deserving one to be playable in a game like ssb and rightfully has the attention and support they deserve, of course, hater's gonna hate because they're jelly.
So it's a pirate salute?

Also, the one comment is getting more like, celebrates!
Edit : It's seems that the KYM anti-K.Rool propapanga that didn't seems to work was deleted.:)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Heh, not the first time people have taken my comments and twisted them. NeoGAF twisted my closing thoughts video, where I talked about how this thread was a positive part of my past few years into "LOL THIS GUY ONLY GETS THRU DA DAY BECUZ OF K.ROOL."

What's important is that we let it roll off our backs and keep supporting the character in these last few weeks. Let's close things out strong, even if it's just influencing future titles/sending a message at this point.

[Collapse="Irrelevant Musing"]The modern Smash fanbase as a whole is basically a race to the bottom in terms of who can be the most glib, who can put in the most memes about salt and hype and whatever, and who can act as chameleons where they love the game the most in some topics (I've made so many friends through Smash, it means so much to me) and as though they care the least in others (lol it's just a game bro stop complaining y'all boutta chill). It's the kind of thing that would be interesting to do a case study on, honestly. I just don't have the energy to keep up with ensuring what I say is in line with what is collectively deemed "kosher" at every turn at this point.[/Collapse]

EDIT: Holy **** we won!!! Let's see what the official caption is!

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

So it's a pirate salute?

Also, the one comment is getting more like, celebrates!

Aye Aye, that means Yes Yes and just Aye means Yes.

Just when the King looks like he's down and out there's always a sneaky trick up his sleeve and for us a great one.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, I don't think they would have chosen this if they didn't plan on adding him.

This is good news kids.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I find it funny, so the whole leak is just that we have a newcomer coming between the next two months, and everything is else is based off personal preference and rumors, and doesn't affect the King's chances outside of the guys own bitterness against him

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm very quickly losing faith in Nintendo's decision making skills. It seems like some part of every major announcement they've made since E3 of last year has been a disappointment, and pretty much has flown in the face of everything the fans have wanted. Fans want Mewtwo, Ridley, and K.Rool in Smash; we don't get them (at least initially, and we still don't have two of them), and then Sakurai calls us children since we wanted something else. Fans want a Metroid Prime game; we get offered a chibi-space-soccer with the Metroid name. Fans want a new Mario or Zelda platformer for their WiiU since they want it for a reason other than parties; we're given Mario Paint 2.0 and told that Zelda is coming and will totally be for the WiiU and not the mysterious NX which will come out right around the same time. Fans want cool amiibo or themed consoles; we get extremely limited releases, preorders that sell out in seconds, and exorbitant scalper prices on eBay. And now, fans want some overlooked Nintendo characters to be Smash DLC; and things are looking grim. Again.

If I were in charge, I'd definitely have some of my employees lurking on forums to try to gauge reactions. Anyone with a knowledge of computer programming can write a bot to spam votes, but that's not thousands of guaranteed buys. Our Kutthroat list shows 662 people who will definitely buy the DLC, not to mention the thousands possible from before who aren't on this site. Besides, if there's a character showing up in the top 5 of pretty much every fan poll, there's a good chance that most of the fanbase wants him.

I'd even point to the RTC thread. We've rated two of the characters who were confirmed as DLC: Roy and Ryu. Neither manages to make it into the top 10 of want (Roy's at 15, Ryu at 20). If I were planning DLC, I'd use that as a resource, since that also takes into account who doesn't like a character, and therefore how badly it won't sell (the two character we've been stressing about recently are coming in at 39th and 93rd). Maybe it's me being biased, but I feel like someone a bit higher on the list would sell better.

I know some people are going to get mad telling me how much Sakurai is killing himself to make this game for us, but it seems more and more like he's making it for himself, regardless of what the majority of fans want. They're a company, and they still need to earn my business. As a consumer, I have a right to be angry about the direction a product is going. I'm not going to go spamming hate for Nintendo/various characters, but I'll vent my frustrations a bit here, and then keep my money right in my wallet. Besides, that'll say more than any number of votes on the ballot ever could.

[/rant]

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Nice job, we got a winning K. Rool pic on Miiverse! :) And the KYM bait image using Bkupa's comment got removed... (Odd it was uploaded in the first place, as most people on KYM usually either support or are neutral to the King... but that definitely seemed to be bait trying to rustle the jimmiesof K. Rool fans...)

Top Bottom