• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You know, this unity contest would have been significantly easier for us if tthey brought back the large number of Kremling trophies from Brawl, though granted all of them were PAON's creations.

:231:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
In most cases, the protagonists tend to be average-ish in terms of attributes. This is true even outside of video games - comics, anime, folklores - presumably to help the the audience identify with the character better.

Snake and Ike are the only heavyweights who originated as protagonists, although they aren't really heavyweights in their own series. We need more protagonists like this guy....
[collapse=Made by our very own Game Freak.]

[/collapse]

Looked up the game on the internet, it looks pretty fun. Might get it once I buy a new pc.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Because he's done it several times in the past. Ridley, Takamaru, Chrom etc. we're popular but couldn't be playable for whatever reason, so he gave them lesser roles.
I'm pretty sure Takamaru wasn't a super popular choice. He got popular after Smash because then people knew who he was. Chrom and Ridley were very very ****ing popular.
In most cases, the protagonists tend to be average-ish in terms of attributes. This is true even outside of video games - comics, anime, folklores - presumably to help the the audience identify with the character better.

Snake and Ike are the only heavyweights who originated as protagonists, although they aren't really heavyweights in their own series. We need more protagonists like this guy....
[collapse=Made by our very own Game Freak.]

[/collapse]

Wow I had no idea Game Freak made Tembo.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Welp, had another k. Rool dream last night. I went on the reddit to find a "k. rool leak" on smashboards and it was a video on youtube of a guy in UK who got a special box in the mail from Nintendo UK and in the box included this video that was uploaded to youtube of an animated k. rool talking about the ballot HIMSELF, and during this time he was talking about how 'anyone' could make it in, and a weird dream of his came up of nintendo choosing one random ballot ticket and the powder puff girls got confirmed and he started howling in fear lol! Then later in the end of the video his in-game gameplay was shown. I woke up and checked reddit, was dissapointed, went back to sleep. It was that realistic.
May you please share the substance you was inhaling before hand with me please,

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
NICEE, the miiverse top topic is populate with k.rool pics...
hope that sakurai can see that. but i'm sure there is no point because K.Rool is already a work in progress at sakurai office :)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
hope that sakurai can see that. but i'm sure there is no point because K.Rool is already a work in progress at sakurai office :)
Miiverse talk?
*walks to Miiverse*

Fantastic.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
If King K Rool is confirm in SSB4, I hope Nintendo start his using him in other Mario Spin Offs and DKC.
Its so stupid have the Kremlings in Mario Strikers but no K Rool how dumb is that. Like Rosalina years K Rool need that too.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
If King K Rool is confirm in SSB4, I hope Nintendo start his using him in other Mario Spin Offs and DKC.
Its so stupid have the Kremlings in Mario Strikers but no K Rool how dumb is that. Like Rosalina years K Rool need that too.
Agreed! Rosalina seems a bit over advertized... give the spot light to someone who really needs it!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

I want K. Rool in more Mario spinoff's as well, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart(that is if there is no Diddy Kong Racing 2 happening) and a DK board with K. Rool substituting for Bowser in a Mario Party game. And of course his epic return in the DKC franchise. A game of his own would be cool too.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I want K. Rool in more Mario spinoff's as well, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart(that is if there is no Diddy Kong Racing 2 happening) and a DK board with K. Rool substituting for Bowser in a Mario Party game. And of course his epic return in the DKC franchise. A game of his own would be cool too.
If K.Rool ever get his own game, I hope it's either about his back story or what he was doing all the time that he wasn't here.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If K.Rool ever get his own game, I hope it's either about his back story or what he was doing all the time that he wasn't here.
It should be about him plotting his new scheme against the Kongs with him taking out all the other enemy tribes that appeared in the last 2 dkc games (tiki's and snomads). Klump, Krusha, and Kudgel could serve as the 2,3, and 4 players since they're K. Rool's higher generals.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I'm going on vacation soon, so I'm going to miss page 1000. Oh well. Here's an early "Happy 1000 pages". :)

If K. Rool came with one stage, what would it be, and how do you think it would play? I'm guessing Gangplank Galleon, which would probably be a large stage with platforms and hazards and things all over.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Speaking of K. Rool in more games, it's a funny coincidence that I've been thinking about a 4 player co-op Heist type game set in the Mushroom Kingdom. Character wise it would have Wario, who's specialty is his strength, Waluigi, who's a demolitions expert (bomb-obs everywhere), and one of the other two characters being Kaptain K. Rool, who's specialty is being able to boss around Kritter minions and fire a blunderbuss with Captain Syrup being your stealth character for the higher risk prizes.

It would be a 4 man wombo combo of giving forgotten characters the spotlight in a fresh new game that hasn't been done several dozen times before like most other Nintendo games, as great as they are, time for something new.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Speaking of K. Rool in more games, it's a funny coincidence that I've been thinking about a 4 player co-op Heist type game set in the Mushroom Kingdom. Character wise it would have Wario, who's specialty is his strength, Waluigi, who's a demolitions expert (bomb-obs everywhere), and one of the other two characters being Kaptain K. Rool, who's specialty is being able to boss around Kritter minions and fire a blunderbuss with Captain Syrup being your stealth character for the higher risk prizes.

It would be a 4 man wombo combo of giving forgotten characters the spotlight in a fresh new game that hasn't been done several dozen times before like most other Nintendo games, as great as they are, time for something new.
Man, I want this to be real. Shame it'll never happen.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I always thought that a game where you play as Nintendo's biggest villains(Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, K. Rool, maybe throw in dudes like Porky and Hades too, they could be end-game bonus characters), go into the others homeworlds and wreck shop would be an hella great game that would likely sell millions. I'm not quite sure about how I would structurate the gameplay though.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm soooooo waiting for a retailer or a leaker to give me some info on King K. Come on ruin the surprise, please, I need to know.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I'm soooooo waiting for a retailer or a leaker to give me some info on King K. Come on ruin the surprise, please, I need to know.
Well it seems Nintendo is on the edge lately.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095708

Not really leak related, but this translator got fired for being vocal about fans. If hes fired for this, Im sure as hell they are firing anyone who even so much as has a slip.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Well it seems Nintendo is on the edge lately.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095708

Not really leak related, but this translator got fired for being vocal about fans. If hes fired for this, Im sure as hell they are firing anyone who even so much as has a slip.
I see people talking about how he said too much and violated NDAs, or he was too critical of fans, but I don't quite understand either point of view. What he said about localizing games isn't anything Reggie hasn't already said (petitions don't equal sales), and it certainly wasn't "belittling." Sakurai has been far harsher on his fans, imo, straight up calling them children, but he actually makes games, so I suppose the standards are different. Is there something else he said in his podcast that could have gotten him fired besides the localization stuff?

Also smh at people saying "lol he had it coming, so butthurt" (losing your job is more than being "butthurt", he has every right to be upset regardless of whether he "brought it on himself" or not) and then snidely saying "I wish him well." Is empathy really that foreign a concept for internet tough guys?

But I'm going off-topic.
What kind of reasons do you guys give in the Smash Ballot for K. Rool? I've only voted for veterans because I'm casual trash, and I don't actually know much about K. Rool, so besides parroting what you guys say here (many identities! blunderbuss! heavy but fast! such potential!) I wouldn't know how to be convincing about it.

Pakky

Smash Hero
What kind of reasons do you guys give in the Smash Ballot for K. Rool? I've only voted for veterans because I'm casual trash, and I don't actually know much about K. Rool, so besides parroting what you guys say here (many identities! blunderbuss! heavy but fast! such potential!) I wouldn't know how to be convincing about it.
Well without him we wouldn't have an antagonist of the DKC series.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I see people talking about how he said too much and violated NDAs, or he was too critical of fans, but I don't quite understand either point of view. What he said about localizing games isn't anything Reggie hasn't already said (petitions don't equal sales), and it certainly wasn't "belittling." Sakurai has been far harsher on his fans, imo, straight up calling them children, but he actually makes games, so I suppose the standards are different. Is there something else he said in his podcast that could have gotten him fired besides the localization stuff?

Also smh at people saying "lol he had it coming, so butthurt" (losing your job is more than being "butthurt", he has every right to be upset regardless of whether he "brought it on himself" or not) and then snidely saying "I wish him well." Is empathy really that foreign a concept for internet tough guys?

But I'm going off-topic.
I'm at a point where I can see both sides of the coin. I'm genuinely sad for a passionate Nintendo fan to lose his dream job, but if you go on a podcast and use a nasally nerd voice to mock other passionate fans, how can you possibly think that's going to go over well with a global brand who relies on those fans for sales? At the same time, if you're Nintendo, if NoJ doesn't basically ignore NoA during localization and tack "new" onto everything without a care for other countries' gamers, or if Sakurai doesn't act like a diva while assembling Smash commercials, there's nothing unflattering for vocal employees to spill their guts about (and also, regardless of NDAs, firing a lifelong fan and new father instead of issuing a warning will inevitably be seen as draconian by outsiders). Cause and effect.

With regard to K. Rool, the votes I've gotten in both personally and from the people I've swayed generally hit on the how and why of his unique playstyle (heavyweight with range, traps, underhanded moves, less physical power) and personal appeal of the character (why he's funny and interesting, the experiences had playing his games growing up). Stuff along those lines is probably better as a rule than just "more villains, more DK reps," although that can work as padding if you can't fit anything else into 500 characters.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
K.Rool be so perfect for Smash right now given the recent "Rare resurgence" we're feeling right now.

-Rare Replay being released and celebrating the 30 year anniversary
-Battletoads in Shovel Knight
-Rash in Killer Instinct
-Conker in Project Spark
-Playtonic Games/Yooka-Laylee
-David Wise composing for both DKC:TF and an unknown Nintendo project.
-Donkey Kong Country series recent resurgence as well.
-K.Rool costume
-All the Rare developed DK games (besides DKRDS) being rereleased on the VC
-Phil Spencers recent comments about Banjo and Nintendo in general

This is the perfect opportunity to announce K.Rool while Rare is on everyones minds. Perfect opportunity to acknowledge Nintendo and Rare's past history together and celebrate 30 years of Rare only way Nintendo can possibly do by putting one of the few Rare created characters they own in Smash Bros.

Coolforkrool

Smash Rookie
K.Rool be so perfect for Smash right now given the recent "Rare resurgence" we're feeling right now.

-Rare Replay being released and celebrating the 30 year anniversary
-Battletoads in Shovel Knight
-Rash in Killer Instinct
-Conker in Project Spark
-Playtonic Games/Yooka-Laylee
-David Wise composing for both DKC:TF and an unknown Nintendo project.
-Donkey Kong Country series recent resurgence as well.
-K.Rool costume
-All the Rare developed DK games (besides DKRDS) being rereleased on the VC
-Phil Spencers recent comments about Banjo and Nintendo in general

This is the perfect opportunity to announce K.Rool while Rare is on everyones minds. Perfect opportunity to acknowledge Nintendo and Rare's past history together and celebrate 30 years of Rare only way Nintendo can possibly do by putting one of the few Rare created characters they own in Smash Bros.
The only problem is that all this would really do is support Rare as a Microsoft company, imo. Most general gamers probably don't know the backstory of Rare, and putting it out there would only make people want to buy Rare games now owned by Microsoft. Yeh, there is a few we (Nintendo) still own with the Rare logo on it, and those are the DKC games, but promoting Rare, I feel, gives Microsoft a bigger advantage than Nintendo. This would all be so much easier if Nintendo still owned Rare:c

Last edited:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
So has Famitsu been leaked yet and if it did was there any new information? If Sakurai has said nothing once again, I feel pretty secure in K. Rool's chances (maybe not completely confirmed but still up for discussion). This is especially since not only has their Twitter feed exploded with K. Rool tweets but now Miiverse has a bunch of K. Rool related posts. I can understand ignoring this last week (with all the updates and tournament controversies) but there's no way you can ignore this another week without some ulterior motive.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I hope he picks one winning photo that involves k rool. That be something

Top Bottom