• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Less than 50 days to go Kremlings! Are you going to let a scurvy halloween costume cloud your mind!? Then prepare the voting cannons!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Eight!

Wait, I have to concentrate!

How about a daughter instead of a son. You know, just for a change.
It wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean, not everyone has to be male. How about Princess Katherine Rool? (Named after an old Russian monarch)

Well I always thought that the "K" in K. Rool was for Kremling.

King Kremling. Rool.
I would think that there would be another one instead of that. Plus, the Kremlings are like Underlings. The suffix "-ling" means "a younger, smaller or inferior version of what is denoted by the original noun", and K. Rool is not like that. He is the king of all Kremlings, after all.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Snake and Ike are the only heavyweights who originated as protagonists,

:231:

*AHEM*

I'd say Charizard can be considered heroic even if it's just a pet of the protagonist (Red), with 2 other options mind you. At least he's heroic in the anime (Ash's Charizard at least, even if he's kind of a jerk).

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I would argue that those characters DO bring something unique and interesting to the table. They might not be revolutionary, well, actually, in the case of Pichu, I would argue that his mechanic IS probably the most unique in all of Smash. However, they do allow you to explore a familiar move-set in a different way, or at least Doctor Mario and Lucina do that. It is not as though every single statement that Sakurai utters needs to be completely objective and have no exceptions. I understand your frustration, but at the same time, I feel as though Sakurai accomplished his goal of bringing something interesting to the table with these clone characters. Therefore, they do not inherently contradict what he says. You have a right to perceive it that way though.
I do get what you are saying, I never thought of it that way.

In most cases, the protagonists tend to be average-ish in terms of attributes. This is true even outside of video games - comics, anime, folklores - presumably to help the the audience identify with the character better.

Snake and Ike are the only heavyweights who originated as protagonists, although they aren't really heavyweights in their own series. We need more protagonists like this guy....
[collapse=Made by our very own Game Freak.]

[/collapse]

:231:
... I never knew that was a game..

So what do you guys plan on doing first when K. Rool is released?
Buying him, of course, and then doing a 1v1 K. Rool vs Bowser, K. Rool vs D3, K. Rool vs Mario, etc.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
So what do you guys plan on doing first when K. Rool is released?
After cheering, I plan on coming to these boards to watch reactions while K. Rool is downloading on my 3DS. I want to see Kutthroats jumping for joy. Once K. Rool is in my game, I plan to take K. Rool into training mode and do all of his attacks so I get a basic feel for how they work before doing a 2 min Smash with K. Rool vs Donkey Kong.

It will be glorious.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
When K. Rool comes out, i'll get the popcorn and watch the reactions of detractors getting all worked up about ''b-but muh relevance'' and 'but muh mii costume''. And buy him, no doubt about that.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
First thing I'll do when King K. Rool is released. Try to get him on eShop. Key word here is try.
If he makes it, the very fact that we'll merely be trying to download him is going to be amazing, though. It would represent so much that I don't think I would get frustrated with it at all. ;)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If K. Rool gets in the game, I am gonna download him ASAP, and then I am gonna play as him, non stop, all day!

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
The only other character that's I've been this down for is Mewtwo and once King K Rool comes out I'll have something to switch off from and possibly main.

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
I know I'm going to be celebrating. Maybe even trying to download as well, unless I'm I have work. In which case I'll be rabbling on about K.Rool all the day at work.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
After cheering, I plan on coming to these boards to watch reactions while K. Rool is downloading on my 3DS. I want to see Kutthroats jumping for joy. Once K. Rool is in my game, I plan to take K. Rool into training mode and do all of his attacks so I get a basic feel for how they work before doing a 2 min Smash with K. Rool vs Donkey Kong.

It will be glorious.
Good luck with that. I'm sure that it will be crashboards here once K. Rool drops, if nowhere else you frequent.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I would use King K. Rool as an avatar if I did not have so much difficulty finding good art for him.
Funny thing is that your current avatar has a small resemblance to a character of mine what with the red(ish) long hair and dark/(almost) black outfit. Though she's closer to Lucina in the chest department (its there, its just not very noticeable in her outfit).

So, what if King K Rool comes out as DLC...
But his voice is done by Samuel L. Jackson?
He'll probably just have generic grunts. I don't know why I should even respond to such a comment because it simply won't happen. He'll either have crocodile noises (which honestly wouldn't be too bad for K. Rool) or he'll sound like his classic DKC version.

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
When King K. Rool is finally released I plan to have a match with me as King K. Rool vs. 7 K. Rool Mii Brawlers with a handicap of 300%.

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Honestly they can make K.Rool sound like a generic crocodile and I'd be pleased. Just as long as there is a chance he makes that 'OOONK' sound from DKC1.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I know what i'm doing when K.Rool drops. 8 player team smash! K.Rool, Bowser, Ganondorf, and Dedede on my team vs. Mario, DK, Link, and Kirby on the other.

InsaneStar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Johan7
3DS FC
2492-4240-2632
Awwww... did every Kutthroat forget my version of K. Rool's son when you guys are discussing it a page back? And I was too late when the subject changed. If you guys don't mind to bring it again, how I put a pic in a post to let anyone to see it?

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
As of right now, I'm almost certain K.Rool will happen. The fact that we have a kostume of him that looks like it was ripped from an actual model? If he is not in this game, I will be VERY surprised.

And judging by the whole "fan service" comment, I predict we will see the following kharacters joining the battle VERY soon.
-) King K.Rool
-) Inkling (Was feeling kinda "meh" on this one, but when you think about how large the Splatoon community is now...)
-) Wolf (Sometime after Star Fox Zero comes out. I wish that game continued from the original story...)
-) Isaac (Need I say more? Every other person I see is either asking for K.Rool or Isaac.)

And POSSIBLY...
-) Bandanna Dee (Not quite one of Sakurai's own children, but he'd be great for four-player Kirby matches. <3 He's been in a lot of Kirby games lately, and even though most of them are gimmicky and somewhat boring, it would make sense to put him in...)

And KINDA NOT POSSIBLY...
-) Banjo-Kazooie (I'm REALLY unsure of this one, but... that bear Mii kostume felt a little random alongside everyone else...)
-) Snake (There is quite some demand for him, but due to the recent Konami situation, I doubt it. Seeing him more "classic-ified" like Pac-Man, Sonic, Mega-Man, and Ryu? That'd be pretty sweet.)
-) Shantae (Not as popular as most people think. The only way I'd see her getting in is if WayForward keeps begging Sakurai like they are now... -_-)
-) Shovel Knight (Unless this new, exclusive Nintendo content for him features a Battleship Halberd level, and a fight against Meta Knight. Then Sakurai would be pleased.)
-) Rayman (Should have been DLC right after Mewtwo and before Lucas, but you never know!)

Top Bottom