• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
I submitted my re-vote today. Thought I'd share my justification blurb since that's a thing here.

"I'm sure this sentiment is being echoed ad nauseum, but let it be known that no one is going to be satisfied with K. Rool as a mere Mii skin. While I appreciate that he is finally receiving some long overdue acknowledgement in the Smash series (and the costume itself does look great, please use this design for his actual model), it is truly an insult to this character's legacy to be skinned onto one of the most generic movesets to ever appear in a Smash game. Those of us who love this character will not be satisfied until we see him fully playable. Please make it happen!"

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I felt as though this is kind of the point.
Except for people aren't supposed to vote more than once. A vote where the reason that "the costume is super dumb and I hate you and this entire reality where K. Rool gets a costume" is likely a vote from someone who already voted once, and could thus be tossed out because we're only supposed to vote once. I could be entirely wrong, but a vote saying that "K. Rool should be in Smash because he's iconic and has a lot of potential" carries more weight than "omg king k. ostume is an outrage and he deserves better". If people are gonna vote anyway, we might as well vote in a fashion that is beyond reproach.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Kutthroats - Let me state one thing.

I'm glad to have supported King K. Rool - It made me appreciate the DK series more than when I first started Smash 4 Speculation. I'm not going to give up hope, and I wish for our King's Finest Hour. And when we finally get him in this game as a playable character alongside the other Nintendo All-Stars, I'll pat myself on the back, knowing that I've helped to bring this well-loved character to millions of people who love him and gave them a chance for him to be playable.

I'm not going to give up until the final minute of the Finest Hour.

We will get him one day. I'll return later, Kutthroats, but remember that I'm always going to be One of You.
(Now, on to study. I'm glad I had the night off last night and no exams today...)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
As a Ridley fan, I just want to encourage the whole K. Rool/Kremling community to stick together and keep pulling hard for the King! I watched in horror the aftermath when Ridley was revealed to be just a stage boss. Other fan bases jumped hard on the back of Ridley fans and pushed many of them back into the closet, so to speak. There's still a fairly large group of us Ridley fans who support him but my point is, he and his fanbase definitely took a hit after the October Direct. And I would say it's part Sakurai's creative choices, but also largely because of the negativity and downright meanness directed at Ridley fans after he was deconfirmed.

DON'T let them bully you, guys. A lot of us Ridley fans are pulling for the King with you, and I know I'll do what I can do support him and all of you (tons of other Ridley fans, as evidenced here, are/and will too).

Keep fighting for the King. Keep letting Nintendo know that he isn't a relic from the past and absolutely deserves to be a playable character in either this Smash, or the inevitable next one.

Let the words of his detractors be 'water off a duck's back', and keep looking forward.

The costume's a good start, and a HUGE testament to the love and care you all have for the King. Let's keep the train rolling!

From a Ridley fan, to all of you.
Beautiful RealTalk.
Thank you

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm really curious about the design choice of this costume

Why is it SNES/64 Era K Rool? There are barely any characters that go through this change when given a Mii costume, most of them are all based on their Smash Trophies. K Rool got his modern design as a Trophy

And yet here is a Mii costume with his Gold Belly, tail, eyes and Tall crown from the classic trilogy. This is really neat and it's probably the only Mii costume I'll actually buy but it's still very odd and I feel there's more to it and I'm gonna continue to support K Rool

A theory somebody else made is that Modern K Rool is chosen for the character and that this costume is to celebrate his old design, though I personally love this design and would like to it see it as playable. Though this is a theory not to be taken serious
Why is it SNES/N64 era K. Rool? Because that era is the reason K. Rool has any fans in the first place.

I doubt anyone would be clamoring for K. Rool if he first appeared in Mario sports games like that baseball game.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
I seriously doubt they would relegate KKR to just being an outfit. I'll admit I am not a DK fan at all and don't really care if he's in the game whatsoever, however I have a very hard time seeing a character as popular as he is not being a fighter.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I have two things to say.

First of all, you have my condolences. While I'm not the biggest fan of the DK series and consider DK and Diddy to be among the blandest characters in spin-offs, I would consider King K Rool a pretty neat addition and he had my support.

That said, I don't actually consider this a deconfirmation and more like a flesh wound, We do have costumes based on other playable character, even dlc Link. And we have had a costume revealed before the character like Meta Knight.

I think there's a possibilty that K Rool will be revealed in the next direct and will be based on his modern design which Sakurai will use as a seg way to mention you can also play as his classic design thanks to the Mii Fighters.

Or not, but I don't consider him deconfirmed. And will even submit another vote.

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
So it seems K. Rool is suffering a similar fate to what Ridley's chances were. He was another one of my choices to see make it into the game as a playable character. While this may seem a little disheartening at first, it doesn't mean much.

Until Sakurai states he won't be playable in this game, we should not be swayed that it's all over by just a simple Mii Costume. Who knows what his costume being in the game could mean. All we need to do is continue our support and raise the stakes higher. Maybe this costume will bring in new fans and raise the support up a bit. Who knows, Maybe this costume could be a important part for getting our fearless leader in the battle.

Anyways don't give up and keep up the support until there is nothing else we can do until the next game.

Stay strong krooks.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I myself also find that costume more suspicious than anything... I personally think Sakurai is just trying to troll everyone, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see more highly requested characters get this sort of treatment as well. I'm telling you, Sakurai LOVES to pull our leg..

In terms of the old Ridley thing... I dunno if I've ever expressed my opinion on the Pyrosphere incident, so I'll go ahead and put that in spoilers, so not to get too off track!

The only thing I was personally salty about with that, was how it was handled by Sakurai... I understand a simple deconfirmation. That's fine. Normally, in most cases when Sakurai shows a trophy, an assist, or WHATEVER it is, he always mentions something like "By the way, this character will not be joining the fight as a new fighter." He did it for in the Brittany trophy, and I'm fairly sure it's been said for several other instances as well... however with Ridley, that wasn't the case. That whole tease when the Pyrosphere was first confirmed was... "odd". The fact he didn't reveal him yet was very bad... If he was just going to be a stage hazard, NO MATTER how special it behaves, he should have just went right out and stated "Ridley is going to be a stagehazard."... but, he instead went the sneaky route, and made it unclear. Many Ridley fans thought he was in due to how he was acting. "He sure is acting suspiciously evasive on this topic.. maybe he's playable!"... but, when the time came around, and the Pyrosphere was explained further... All that hype was basically thrown onto the ground, stomped on, thrown into a garbage can, and sent flying into the sun...

Whether they had tried to make him work or not, that was what really urked me personally.. It wasn't the fact he was a stage hazard that annoyed me. It was the fact he was held off, and pretty much NEVER MENTIONED for months, and had all that hype built up to a possible confirmation... just to have it all be thrown down the drain..

In terms of K. Rool, don't count him out just yet. The ballot is nowhere near over, and it doesn't seem like we haven't even GOTTEN into the fighters from it yet..

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The idea behind revoting for K. Rool and discussing the costume is for the new vote to override the old one while allowing us to 'share' our reaction to this major development, which wouldn't be possible otherwise.

While out on a jog, another question occurred to me, one that might give a little steam to the tinfoil-hatting...If we're truly getting the costume and nothing more, why was a verdict reached on K. Rool when the ballot is only 2/3 of the way through?

Every other character's fans (barring maybe the ones of the characters revealed as costumes in a few hours) get the full six months to 'plead their case' for their character...why would that opportunity be yanked away from us with so much time left to go? For all they know, a ton of outlying voters would still put down K. Rool's name.

It makes no sense to pull the plug now, unless they either truly don't care and won't add him no matter how many votes he gets or, if we're very fortunate, K. Rool is running away with the votes to the point where they don't need to see any more, they're adding him now and this costume is just a 'snack' before the main course.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The idea behind revoting for K. Rool and discussing the costume is for the new vote to override the old one while allowing us to 'share' our reaction to this major development, which wouldn't be possible otherwise.

While out on a jog, another question occurred to me, one that might give a little steam to the tinfoil-hatting...If we're truly getting the costume and nothing more, why was a verdict reached on K. Rool when the ballot is only 2/3 of the way through?

Every other character's fans (barring maybe the ones of the characters revealed as costumes in a few hours) get the full six months to 'plead their case' for their character...why would that opportunity be yanked away from us with so much time left to go? For all they know, a ton of outlying voters would still put down K. Rool's name.

It makes no sense to pull the plug now, unless they either truly don't care and won't add him no matter how many votes he gets or, if we're very fortunate, K. Rool is running away with the votes to the point where they don't need to see any more, they're adding him now and this costume is just a 'snack' before the main course.
no

bkupa stahp

my hope is too strong

plz nerf

I definitely think this is a question we must consider, of course. Sakurai doesn't do things koincidentally or without reason. This whole thing is fishier than Enguarde's fins.

Which is, obviously, pretty fishy~

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Don't go down that road of false hope and internet shame, Kupes. Remember folks: this was a suggestion box, not a poll.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Just thought of this, I'm calling an Ice Climber Mii costume. "We couldn't get them to work on 3DS, so we just made them a costume for your Mii. But that's okay, it's basically the same thing...right?"

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The more I think about Mii Fighter costumes, the more I think they're Sakurai's way of fitting as much of the fan favorite characters as they can, because it's easier to make a costume than a full character. After all, we weren't told that the most popular character would make it in as main fighters. As far as we're aware from our own polling, Chrom, Isabelle, Inklings and K. Rool are all popular characters. Sakurai has said that the DLC would be fan service and while a K. Rool costume is certainly fan service, it's the wrong kind of fan service.

Sucks he had to go out this way. Seems like an awkward fate considering the evident popularity he had behind him. Also makes me wonder who we'll get from the ballot.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No false hope, just logic. As of now (again, maybe for only a few more hours), other than that one Mega Man guy who almost no one was voting for anyway, we're the one costume for a character with no pre-existing role -and- with a completely new design. We're an outlier and it is indeed a fishy situation.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Found out about the news this morning, just got around to posting about it now. Best case scenario this is just a marketing thing and we will see the real Rool eventually. Worst case is this is all we get. Let's not give up hope, but even if this is it, let's remember that at least K. Rool is acknowledged and most of all - using his klassic design. It definitely does seem like an odd situation overall though.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Since the first evidences (David Wise composing something new for Nintendo, DK: Jungle Climber being added on Wii U's Virtual Console as one of the 'priorities', the K. Rool trademark, etc, etc) I thought that K. Rool would be already in the works... I mean, it's just logical that they won't need to end with the Ballot to start a new character,.. if they have enough votes already, they can start, and probably have something done to show us at October; --And if there is one character that wouldn't have a last time overtaking, this one is K. Rool, which, as supposed, is leading the Ballot for a while now.

StormC

Smash Hero
Seriously, are they just going to add Wolf from the ballot and call it a day? This is stupid. K. Rool is one of the very few characters left to add with serious star power. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd love to tell everyone to take a short recess and re-convene after Friday when the DLC hits for a hopeful Direct or when new Mii Fighter costumes are unveiled, but I seem unable to follow my own advice as I spent the better half of the day refreshing this thread just to see the same arguments restated ad infinitum.

Top Bottom