• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Seriously, are they just going to add Wolf from the ballot and call it a day? This is stupid. K. Rool is one of the very few characters left to add with serious star power. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Of course not.

They plan on adding Wolf and Pichu.

As a Pichu main in Melee and an advocate for his return, I would be devastated if they really only just threw in Wolf and Pichu and nothing else for DLC characters.

Smash544

Smash Rookie
Just logged in to post my thoughts.

The Smash community needs to be very careful on how they take in information. We all saw what happened with Ridey. One thing I keep seeing is that a K Rool costume means that Nintendo is aware of the popuarity of the character.

While this may be true, It is SPECULATION, not fact.

This costume may have been a result of Sakurai and his team spitballing costumes, a failed character model tested, or some personal intern request.

I just want to point that out as these character discusssions

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
This costume thing... this is really a low blow.

If this is really the route Sakurai is going, then he's practically tying a steak to himself, and walking into the lion's crocodile's lair. And frankly, I just can't see Sakurai doing something like that. Something's fishy here.

Now, I've never been a really big King K. Rool supporter, and chances are, none of you here recognize me, as I rarely come here to post. But for the previous months after the ballot was announced, I decided that if any sole character was going to win the ballot, it would be none other than the Kremling King, and even though I support different characters primarily, whether it be the Ice Climbers or Bandana Waddle Dee, I always told myself that I wouldn't be too upset, because in the long run, King K. Rool is rather deserving of Smash. He's a character I wouldn't feel to upset losing to.

Anyways, since then, I'd had my Inkling (no punintendo) that we'd see the croc in Smash, considering how high many projected his ballot support to be. Now, is it true that we really can't say for certain if he's in the lead from fan polls? No, we can't. But when many a source is telling you he's a high contender, I have go on a record there of believing he's of the highest, if not THE highest ranking on the ballot. Now, is it also true that even if he is numero uno on the ballot, it's a shoe in that he'll be added? With the details of the Smash ballot, technically no. BUT, given the circumstances, higher ranked characters on the ballot should be given more consideration, especially one believed to be the highest. I know what the ballot said, it's only for consideration. So, WHY NOT CONSIDER THE TOP CONTENDER, or if not the top, one of the top 3?!? It wouldn't make sense for the development team to say "Well, King K. Rool is number one, but look at XXX down here at rank 26, let's add them instead." The idea and logic behind the ballot still stand is all I'm saying, and if this is the route Fan Service is going, I'm very confused.

Now, I've said earlier that I believe something is fishy here. Heck, I've been reading the comments. Everyone has said it. Everyone knows it. Something is up. To use the character out of the blue JUST for a costume doesn't make sense. Why not go the extra mile and make a character? Is it to difficult? Nay, I don't think so. To say that King K. Rool has no potential is like saying Mario isn't Nintendo's mascot. With multiple games as the final boss for the Donkey Kong series, something could be made for him. Whether it's shooting a canon ball or a hopping tackle from the original Donkey Kong Country game, it can't be any more difficult than other long shot characters. So, if not potential, is it design? Nah, there's nothing too drastic about K. Rool. Sure, the eye thing might be a bit creepy, but it's not the worst thing you've ever seen in a Nintendo game, besides, the king still has a somewhat cartoony and child friendly design to him. Bias against the DK series? Perhaps, but again, why would Sakurai even bother making the costume at that.

Sakurai is full of surprises, we all know that. We all know he's a massive troll when he wants to be. Frankly, I think that troll aspect is what makes his job fun sometimes. So, is it possible that we might not see K. Rool? Yes, it was always a possibility. But, is this costume a bad thing? Not necessarily. I trust that Sakurai knows what he's doing, and if he says fan service, the man has a trick or two up his sleeve.

In the end, I've still got a feeling that we'll see the king. I still wish you guys luck. If you want to add me as a supporter in this dark time, then sure. I wish the big croc luck, even if he isn't my first choice, and would be honored to see him make as the Donkey Kong Country series, and Return.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
It makes no sense to pull the plug now, unless they either truly don't care and won't add him no matter how many votes he gets or, if we're very fortunate, K. Rool is running away with the votes to the point where they don't need to see any more, they're adding him now and this costume is just a 'snack' before the main course.
This is exactly what I was thinking hours ago. It's possible they're trying to siphon as much cash from Rool as possible before the reveal.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm not sure if you lot seen the Dark Crystal or not but...

If Ryu is the only newcomer DLC and if more top ballot picks become Mii Fighters then...

well, I think myself and a large majority of the Smash community will have this reaction:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
There's reasons to be optimistic about the Mii costume, there's reasons to be mad.

There's no good reason to stop supporting K. Rool till the bitter end. I resent a vote so did many of my friends today. Sakurai just gave us more fuel to our fire lets use it responsibly. Nintendo isn't going to stop seeing King K. Rools name appearing. Let's just stay on the right track. Keep voting, keep supporting, keep going.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
This costume thing... this is really a low blow.

If this is really the route Sakurai is going, then he's practically tying a steak to himself, and walking into the lion's crocodile's lair. And frankly, I just can't see Sakurai doing something like that. Something's fishy here.

Now, I've never been a really big King K. Rool supporter, and chances are, none of you here recognize me, as I rarely come here to post. But for the previous months after the ballot was announced, I decided that if any sole character was going to win the ballot, it would be none other than the Kremling King, and even though I support different characters primarily, whether it be the Ice Climbers or Bandana Waddle Dee, I always told myself that I wouldn't be too upset, because in the long run, King K. Rool is rather deserving of Smash. He's a character I wouldn't feel to upset losing to.

Anyways, since then, I'd had my Inkling (no punintendo) that we'd see the croc in Smash, considering how high many projected his ballot support to be. Now, is it true that we really can't say for certain if he's in the lead from fan polls? No, we can't. But when many a source is telling you he's a high contender, I have go on a record there of believing he's of the highest, if not THE highest ranking on the ballot. Now, is it also true that even if he is numero uno on the ballot, it's a shoe in that he'll be added? With the details of the Smash ballot, technically no. BUT, given the circumstances, higher ranked characters on the ballot should be given more consideration, especially one believed to be the highest. I know what the ballot said, it's only for consideration. So, WHY NOT CONSIDER THE TOP CONTENDER, or if not the top, one of the top 3?!? It wouldn't make sense for the development team to say "Well, King K. Rool is number one, but look at XXX down here at rank 26, let's add them instead." The idea and logic behind the ballot still stand is all I'm saying, and if this is the route Fan Service is going, I'm very confused.

Now, I've said earlier that I believe something is fishy here. Heck, I've been reading the comments. Everyone has said it. Everyone knows it. Something is up. To use the character out of the blue JUST for a costume doesn't make sense. Why not go the extra mile and make a character? Is it to difficult? Nay, I don't think so. To say that King K. Rool has no potential is like saying Mario isn't Nintendo's mascot. With multiple games as the final boss for the Donkey Kong series, something could be made for him. Whether it's shooting a canon ball or a hopping tackle from the original Donkey Kong Country game, it can't be any more difficult than other long shot characters. So, if not potential, is it design? Nah, there's nothing too drastic about K. Rool. Sure, the eye thing might be a bit creepy, but it's not the worst thing you've ever seen in a Nintendo game, besides, the king still has a somewhat cartoony and child friendly design to him. Bias against the DK series? Perhaps, but again, why would Sakurai even bother making the costume at that.

Sakurai is full of surprises, we all know that. We all know he's a massive troll when he wants to be. Frankly, I think that troll aspect is what makes his job fun sometimes. So, is it possible that we might not see K. Rool? Yes, it was always a possibility. But, is this costume a bad thing? Not necessarily. I trust that Sakurai knows what he's doing, and if he says fan service, the man has a trick or two up his sleeve.

In the end, I've still got a feeling that we'll see the king. I still wish you guys luck. If you want to add me as a supporter in this dark time, then sure. I wish the big croc luck, even if he isn't my first choice, and would be honored to see him make as the Donkey Kong Country series, and Return.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
This is exactly what I was thinking hours ago. It's possible they're trying to siphon as much cash from Rool as possible before the reveal.
It would make a lot of sense for them to represent K. Rool in as many forms of DLC as possible, to cash in on his popularity. If this is the case, I'd expect playable K. Rool along with this Mii costume as well as a new home stage for him.
This is best-case scenario, of course.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Let's be honest: I think King K Rool will get revealed in the next few days. The criticism that came from this costume reveal really made an impact in people, so making them wait 2 months without knowing the King's fate may create a bad feeling for many of his fans.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am still optimistic about K. Rool being in, even with the whole Mii costume thing. Who knows? Sakurai is known for trolling gamers, so maybe this is to throw us off guard or something like that.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Let's be honest: I think King K Rool will get revealed in the next few days. The criticism that came from this costume reveal really made an impact in people, so making them wait 2 months without knowing the King's fate may create a bad feeling for many of his fans.
Wasn't Meta Knight costume revealed a Wednesday and Meta Knight himself the Friday following? Because this was revealed Wednesday (at least for me) and the direct is soon, so I can see that happen.
Bananija Bananija !!! There you are!!
Come here, i'm gonna kick your butt to the ground!
GRGRGRHRHRGRHRRH
You just made my day! Now lets fight until death!

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Seriously guys,
while reading through your thoughts i can't do anything but feel hyped for his reveal....
Let's hope it is real and i am not going to be disappointed

Last edited:

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
I think this is it tbh, I don't want it to be but ...sakurai gonna sakurai to the bitter end :(

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Wasn't Meta Knight costume revealed a Wednesday and Meta Knight himself the Friday following? Because this was revealed Wednesday (at least for me) and the direct is soon, so I can see that happen.

You just made my day! Now lets fight until death!
TAKE THIS!

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I thought it was just an update not a direct.
I think it's bizzare they still didn't update the official english website about the upcoming content. They can't just advertise this stuff through their Japanese twitter can they? They need some sort of video even if it's not a real "Direct", a New Content Coming video ala the Roy/Ryu/Lucas video. THAT is where they could tease K.Rool at the end, and that's where the optimism and hopefullness is hinging.

I'm just eagerly awaiting the new Mii Costumes they said they were going to unveil, and the main website to be updated with a dated video.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
i seriously can't believe this is happening! I will not stop voting for king k rool. I'm literally pushing aside all other characters i support so i can focus on king k rool. It feels like our team just lost the world cup. We were so close but then we lost. But he still has a chance. I except a direct soon and i hope this costume thing is a troll. Sakurai is a great game developer, but man.... If this truly does deconfirm k rool then my respect for sakurai has gone down. If this **** really was fan "service", king k rool would have been a character or soon to be. We need to keep voting! regardless of what haters think. SHow nintendo that we DEMAND KINg K ROOL! don't give up guys. Speak up! nintendo has been listening! i'm pretty sure that they know how upset and angry we are right now. Nintendo, if you ever see this post.... BRING US THE REAL KING K. ROOL! I DIDN'T WAIT SINCE MELEE TO SEE KING K ROOL A COSTUME! HE DESERVES BETTER! SHOW SOME RESPECT TO THE FAN SERVICE AND LISTEN TO US! we want HIM A CHARACTER! Mii fighters do not fight like king k rool. They don't have the same weight, they can't throw crowns, they can't shoot guns, and there not villains which we need! I repeat this will be my last smash game if you do this not only to me, but to the people who wanted him. forever and ever... kroc the vote!!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I think it's bizzare they still didn't update the official english website about the upcoming content. They can't just advertise this stuff through their Japanese twitter can they? They need some sort of video even if it's not a real "Direct", a New Content Coming video ala the Roy/Ryu/Lucas video. THAT is where they could tease K.Rool at the end, and that's where the optimism and hopefullness is hinging.

I'm just eagerly awaiting the new Mii Costumes they said they were going to unveil, and the main website to be updated with a dated video.
To me, that sounds awfully suspicious that the Websites have yet to be updated. And yes, if I had to be honest, I hope there is some sort of direct or video planned for Friday.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, what makes you all think K. Rool, or any character is going to be revealed on Friday? I thought all were getting were those costumes, stages and other stuff not really playable characters.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
So, what makes you all think K. Rool, or any character is going to be revealed on Friday? I thought all were getting were those costumes, stages and other stuff not really playable characters.
The hope is that K. Rool the character is teased, with a tentative release frame later ala Mewtwo, even a still image would suffice to say that he's being worked on, even if we don't actually get any new characters to play on the 31st.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The hope is that K. Rool the character is teased, with a tentative release frame later ala Mewtwo, even a still image would suffice to say that he's being worked on, even if we don't actually get any new characters to play on the 31st.
Ah, okay then. I getcha.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
This comes from darkSpyro:

"There is absolutely no acceptable evidence supporting this.

Places like Smashboards and GAF took polls, but their samples were tiny, and those places have a bias towards certain characters as is.

The actual ballot is likely going to have votes in the hundred thousands, if not millions, considering the player base for Smash. A few small internet communities means nothing in the grand scheme of things."

What a bunch of downers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom