• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
What a kick in the nuts. If this is all K Rool gets, then I'm very disappointed.

Still, Kutthroat to the end; until the ballot characters are announced I'm still behind him. Hopefully it's just him playing dead.

More positive note - Nintendo have unequivocally noted him now. If he doesn't get in now then the push continues for the next DKC and then the next Smash, with today as just another notch on K Rool's belt.

StormC

Smash Hero
People should link Miiverse threads discussing this, if any.

EDIT: Oh no, @ BKupa666 BKupa666 is online...

Last edited:
I reposted it in the Isaac thread for this exact reason.
This is definitely good news for K. Rool, just not the best news in regards to K. Rool in Smash.
Agree with this. It would be disappointing for all this to fizzle out. I won't be making any other comments about the potential "dis-inclusion" until it's confirmed. Interesting how Sakurai's twitter account hasn't tweeted about the new content yet. Or is it just the time difference?

At the end of the day, all this has never happened in past games in the series, the ballot, costumes, DLC etc, who knows what Sakurai and Nintendo have planned. I won't be calling it a day until we get more news straight form the horses mouth, I suggest everyone else does the same, however, this isn't a knockout blow just yet, but it's one mighty haymaker.

D

Deleted member

I'd be more optimistic if Chrom didn't get a costume at the same time as K. Rool. I guess our king will get his chance… another day.

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys, Kutthroats, everyone reading, I have an idea...

Go back to whatever devices you voted on and spam that THIS IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE COMPROMISE AND THAT YOU WANT K. ROOL AS A PLAYABLE FIGHTER.

If he's doomed anyway, double-voting won't matter. If we have a shot at making a difference, this is it. Go to Verizon stores, AT&T stores, friend and relative phones and computers too. Let's do our best to make this a Federation Force style backlash.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Agree with this. It would be disappointing for all this to fizzle out. I won't be making any other comments about the potential "dis-inclusion" until it's confirmed. Interesting how Sakurai's twitter account hasn't tweeted about the new content yet. Or is it just the time difference?

At the end of the day, all this has never happened in past games in the series, the ballot, costumes, DLC etc, who knows what Sakurai and Nintendo have planned. I won't be calling it a day until we get more news straight form the horses mouth, I suggest everyone else does the same, however, this isn't a knockout blow just yet, but it's one mighty haymaker.
Both Japan, so not so sure why he hasn't retweeted it.

Then again, he has a life, so he might not be able to as of now :p

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

Go back to whatever devices you voted on and spam that THIS IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE COMPROMISE AND THAT YOU WANT K. ROOL AS A PLAYABLE FIGHTER.

If he's doomed anyway, double-voting won't matter. If we have a shot at making a difference, this is it. Go to Verizon stores, AT&T stores, friend and relative phones and computers too. Let's do our best to make this a Federation Force style backlash.
THIS.

Blitz2003

Smash Rookie
I don't think this means K. Rool has been deconfirmed just yet.If anything,why a K.Rool costume now?Isn't Sakurai known for trolling?We won't know until the direct,when Sakurai says"Now you can play as King K. Rool in Smash!"

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
don't jump the blunderbuss, krocs!

The fact that we actually get a K.Rool costume gives us even more presence. Do not revote, stick to the King and we'll kroc dat vote

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't see how K. Rool costume means K. Rool isn't playable.

There's also a Link DLC outfit and several hats based on playable characters such as Meta Knight, Wario, Mario, Luigi and Zelda.

Just keep voting in the ballot to make your voice heard.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

Just voted again and said we want the real K. Rool not a costume. Literally that's it short and sweet and to the point....I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard.

StormC

Smash Hero

You know those devices I saved for a rainy day? I'm glad I waited.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Really? That's it? After all the suppport the only thing KKR Fans will get is just a Mii costume?

But the real question that bugs me right now is, if KKR does not will win the Smash Ballot, than who instead? He is the only character I can see winning the ballot. The only other characters that I can see winning the ballot are some veterans like Wolf, Snake or even Young Link, since people love their veterans. The only real newcomers that I can see getting more votes than KKR are the Inklings, Shovel Knight and maybe Toad.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
On the bright side of things
Atleast Youtube's comments section is all sunshine
upload_2015-7-29_5-33-48.png

Mainly about Cranky Kong
Not sure why
But they're looking to the future
So good for them.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
At this point we're just posting in circles...

D

Deleted member

Oh my god, relax people. This doesn't mean anything, and even so, it will be more K.Rool for the buck anyway.

K.Rool is definitely going to win the ballot to begin with, and Sakurai specifically stated that future characters will be fanservice only, which means he'll disregard his own opinion on the matter and do what the fans want. We just won't see anything before October.

Honestly though, some of this salt is too real. I'm sure we'll get him, just wait until we actually get a CHARACTER confirmation, and not just some costume which blows things way out of proportion for some weird reason.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Still hoping...still hoping that come July 31st we'll see that despicable little K. Rool Mii Fighter get blown off the stage by a cannonball to reveal KAPTAIN K. Rool as the real playable fighter! It makes so much sense as the ultimate gag but...I dunno guys. The only way I see it is if they bundle the K. Rool Mii Fighter outfit with playable King K. Rool. If they intend to sell that K. Rool Mii outfit then

well

it's over.

Shroob

Sup?
Still hoping...still hoping that come July 31st we'll see that despicable little K. Rool Mii Fighter get blown off the stage by a cannonball to reveal KAPTAIN K. Rool as the real playable fighter! It makes so much sense as the ultimate gag but...I dunno guys. The only way I see it is if they bundle the K. Rool Mii Fighter outfit with playable King K. Rool. If they intend to sell that K. Rool Mii outfit then

well

it's over.
Unless there's a last minute surprise, the twitter basically just said the update is costumes and stages.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Everybody is understandably thinking about Ridley, but it isn't over until it's over, and we have actual examples of that. Remember when :4greninja: appeared and suddenly everything seemed lost for :4mewtwo:? Remember how :rosalina:made :4bowserjr:seem like a pipe dream? How :4ness:' custom specials made it look like it was over for :4lucas:(most similar case to ours)? Most importantly, remember how much of a kick in the nuts both :4roy: and :4lucina:were to :4feroy:'s fanbase? I'm not saying the future is bright as it was until this night, far for it, but it doesn't mean we must give up on fighting for our throne, on the contrary, this means we must fight harder. Good thing i've yet to cast my vote, I'm going to do exactly what BKupa said asap.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
upload_2015-7-29_10-40-22.png

Taking my cue from @ BKupa666 BKupa666 . Will this do anything? Who knows, but the 5 minutes it took me certainly felt good.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
If you're gonna come here and post all know-it-all that K. Rool wasn't popular enough or whatever, just leave.

We don't want you here. You won't be missed.
Actually, we're having a civil discussion and I'm just bringing up simple statistics. Nobody is claiming to know the truth, or at least, I'm not. I'm just trying to go for explaining stuff that isn't 100% true

Plus this doesn't speak on my actual support for K. Rool. K. Rool was one of my favorite choices that I wanted and was one of my most logical picks, plus even though I don't talk with most of the smash peeps as much, I'm not sure if he feels the same way, but @ BKupa666 BKupa666 is still considered one of my better friends on all of the board and I've enjoyed practically every skype call I've had with him along with @Scoliosis Jones and @Moon Monkey (because they deserve shout outs even though i know this isnt twitter). I also think that contrary to this, you all shouldn't give up on the character. Someone had a nice point about DKCR3. It's not desperation, and in-fact, it shows stronger appreciation for the character.

plz don't assume, this is a psa by thirdkoopa
thank you

also BKupa, if you're doing federation force backlash, please tell me you mean in the amount of people and not the stuff that they actually had the audacity to do because that was stupid

okay i'm done back to playing acoustic guitar at 3 am because i make bad life decisions

Last edited:

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
As much as I want to be optimistic, I really have my doubts. There is no possible reason to add the costume if k rool is going to be a character unless they are trolling us. Do we really think that is a legitimate possibility? I certainly don't.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
The sad irony here is that the Mii costume legitimately looks good and makes me want the character even more.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
>everyone wants Metroid U
>Chibi Metroid

>everyone wants Paper Mario U
>Paper Crossover 3DS

>everyone wants Animal Crossing U
>Amiibo Crossing

>everyone wants K Rool
>K Rool hat

Sakurai is irredeemable at this point, but at least it fits with Nintendo's business strategy for 2015 of absolutely falling over themselves handling their IPs and being entirely out of touch with their consumers.

Also this confirms the ballot is meaningless, the most popular character on the internet is relegated to costume DLC. Sakurai's anti-heavy, anti-villain, anti-DK bias was never going to let K Rool into Sm4sh. Basically might as well not even vote, it was always just going to be the characters Sakurai wanted to add from the start.

No one has hope for any character they voted for.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What's the point in even having the ballot if they don't want to include the winners?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
>everyone wants Metroid U
>Chibi Metroid

>everyone wants Paper Mario U
>Paper Crossover 3DS

>everyone wants Animal Crossing U
>Amiibo Crossing

>everyone wants K Rool
>K Rool hat

Sakurai is irredeemable at this point, but at least it fits with Nintendo's business strategy for 2015 of absolutely falling over themselves handling their IPs and being entirely out of touch with their consumers.

Also this confirms the ballot is meaningless, the most popular character on the internet is relegated to costume DLC. Sakurai's anti-heavy, anti-villain, anti-DK bias was never going to let K Rool into Sm4sh. Basically might as well not even vote, it was always just going to be the characters Sakurai wanted to add from the start.

No one has hope for any character they voted for.
Sick re-post bro ;)

D

Deleted member

The only case I can see K.Rool being included after that is if they choose to use its Kaptain outfit for the actual character (which would be better than King IMO) but I kinda gave up hope to see him in Smash after Brawl ... at least, as long as Sakurai is in charge.
Next: Isaac mii costume.

Top Bottom