• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Medusa

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
This is absolutely incredible. I am extremely happy to see so many people upset that some bug eyed ball of lard crocodile didn't get featured fully in Smash 4.

I'm not sure which is better, this or Takamaru being confirmed as an assist trophy.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
This is absolutely incredible. I am extremely happy to see so many people upset that some bug eyed ball of lard crocodile didn't get featured fully in Smash 4.

I'm not sure which is better, this or Takamaru being confirmed as an assist trophy.
Don't.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Nope.

I can't sleep.
Sucks man, but it was either that or waking up to the news. I just woke up, checked one notification I had and found the costume staring me in the face. Not the nicest wake up call...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What's the point in even having the ballot if they don't want to include the winners?
Well if you wanted to take the sadface route
This was never really a "Ballot"
It's just moreso "Put character here and we tack 'em onto a roulette wheel, put the roulette wheel on a wall, start spinning it and make a blind, drunk Crazy Hand throw knifes at it"
Butthat'sjustmyopinion :4pacman:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Guys, stop saying the ballot is dead?

i just really want to take this time to point out as well that chances are, at least the top 20 (among with others that are statistically significant), will probably at least be noticed and considered when it comes to future games, especially if there's a lot of data to compel

oh and @ BKupa666 BKupa666 before I forget, even if he's already in Smash and Sakurai's laughing as we speak, I think polling the fanbase together to get him in more appearances isn't a bad idea in the first place.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
This what I said on Miiverse earlier
Man, this update for Smash Bros gonna get crazy-go-nuts very soon. I sure hope to Naga that the K. Rool costume is just going to be a Meta Knight tier troll - it doesn't feel right to have THE MOST REQUESTED CHARACTER as a Mii Costume. Still hyped for everything else. BUT WHERE'S MY KING AND WHEN IS HIS FINEST HOUR!?!?!? (Same thing can be said for Inklings, who I really want, but Miis too...)
Dag NABBIT, Sakurai!! 0_0 You've once again made character speculation even harder, and once again for my most wanted character!!

I really hope this is a Meta Knight situation...!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The only case I can see K.Rool being included after that is if they choose to use its Kaptain outfit for the actual character (which would be better than King IMO) but I kinda gave up hope to see him in Smash after Brawl ... at least, as long as Sakurai is in charge.
Next: Isaac mii costume.
Then: Snake and Wolf Mii outfits.
After that: Nintendo Direct announcing that Kiddy Kong, Cloud, Slippy, and the Easter Island head from Gradius are all playable character DLC.

"I'm so happy to announce that all of you fans who wanted these characters can go **** yourselves." ~ Sakurai.

Honestly, though, I don't think this is it for the King. I think he still has a chance.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
also BKupa, if you're doing federation force backlash, please tell me you mean in the amount of people and not the stuff that they actually had the audacity to do because that was stupid
Of course. If anyone has any great idea about sending in death threats or petitions to cancel the costume, drop them now. In fact, everyone in here should buy the costume, even if they haven't touched any of the others (like myself), just to show that this character can sell.

Which is why this whole thing is just unusual to me. Like, I feel nothing because of how stunning this is. They see that K. Rool is popular, otherwise this costume wouldn't exist. They trust that the character can sell, otherwise this costume wouldn't exist. They claim to be interested in fan-service, and even brought back the Rare design like was suggested in a number of K. Rool ballots...so surely they wouldn't just pull a stunt like this and call it a day? I mean, yeah, Ridley, but there were legitimate issues at hand there.

Which leaves it truly at 50/50 for me right now. Sakurai either loathes the character and is willing to defy the "fan-service" promise if it means not having to develop K. Rool, hence him being lumped in with the widely-panned Chrom, or we're being set up. It literally looks as though parts of a good character model were snipped out and pasted onto the Mii.

Detractors can guffaw all they want about how "delusional" this is or that "K. Rool fans are as dense as Ridley." Seeing as how I'm done with Smash if K. Rool's in OR if this is how he's out, I sincerely could not care less.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
again, in case you didn't see it:

regarding the ballot

Who says the ballot is dead? It's a way for nintendo to directly see the character they want. and trust me, offering a full character instead of a >$ mii outfit pays out much more.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Can you not kthx pls

StormC

Smash Hero
At the very least, this kills the idea that Nintendo wanted to bury K. Rool and the Kremlings for good.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
There's no such thing as a "winner" or "winners" in this ballot. They're not going to just tally up votes and choose whoever gets the most. That's not how it works. That's never how it's worked. Nobody should have ever expected K. Rool to get in purely because of his presumably high amount of ballot votes.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
everyone in here should buy the costume
Yeah, send the message that this is acceptable and make them believe this is totally a fair compromise and exactly what we wanted.

Maybe they'll just stop making new characters altogether that way and make ALL the fan favourites into just Mii Outfits! Oh boy!

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

Whatever you say.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Of course. If anyone has any great idea about sending in death threats or petitions to cancel the costume, drop them now. In fact, everyone in here should buy the costume, even if they haven't touched any of the others (like myself), just to show that this character can sell.

Which is why this whole thing is just unusual to me. Like, I feel nothing because of how stunning this is. They see that K. Rool is popular, otherwise this costume wouldn't exist. They trust that the character can sell, otherwise this costume wouldn't exist. They claim to be interested in fan-service, and even brought back the Rare design like was suggested in a number of K. Rool ballots...so surely they wouldn't just pull a stunt like this and call it a day? I mean, yeah, Ridley, but there were legitimate issues at hand there.

Which leaves it truly at 50/50 for me right now. Sakurai either loathes the character and is willing to defy the "fan-service" promise if it means not having to develop K. Rool, hence him being lumped in with the widely-panned Chrom, or we're being set up. It literally looks as though parts of a good character model were snipped out and pasted onto the Mii.

Detractors can guffaw all they want about how "delusional" this is or that "K. Rool fans are as dense as Ridley." Seeing as how I'm done with Smash if K. Rool's in OR if this is how he's out, I sincerely could not care less.
On the other hand, there are those who wouldn't want to support this as a fair compromise. They can get a clear enough message about how we're unhappy with the mii costume over a fully fledged character.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424

IMO, I just seems like he wouldn't fit...

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Nintendo just said it pretty clearly.
source? direct quote?

all people do right now is assuming. assumptions are all what they are: Not factual.
People, stop going mad, don't be discouraged.

Nintendo knows the demand and i have to agree with @BKuppa666 here:

Buy the costume, vote with your wallet!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
There's no such thing as a "winner" or "winners" in this ballot. They're not going to just tally up votes and choose whoever gets the most. That's not how it works. That's never how it's worked. Nobody should have ever expected K. Rool to get in purely because of his presumably high amount of ballot votes.
Like I said;
It's just moreso "Put character here and we tack 'em onto a roulette wheel, put the roulette wheel on a wall, start spinning it and make a blind, drunk Crazy Hand throw knifes at it"
You never know what you're gonna get.
Sometimes I wonder if Sakurai isn't even in charge in these cases :4pacman:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

You may have times where I swear at first I'm like "bkupa why did you say that" but moments like these are where it's "bkupa thank you for being a good person and sensible and on the same page with me"

also do ya still use skype (Probably better to move to PM's, but if you're wondering, I've just been busy beyond all repair. Twitter might have already been an indicator of this.)

i agree with your initial point but i just want to say

granted, i think it ultimately comes down to if a character has legitimate issues.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm gonna wait for the update to come and go before I start retaliating en masse on the ballot with my devices.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Yeah, send the message that this is acceptable and make them believe this is totally a fair compromise and exactly what we wanted.

Maybe they'll just stop making new characters altogether that way and make ALL the fan favourites into just Mii Outfits! Oh boy!
But there's no clearcut win for us though. If we don't buy the costume it shows that we don't support the character but if we buy the costume it tells Nintendo/Sakurai that this is good enough and K.Rool may never be developed. I bet they knew this just so they can continue to keep K.Rool down..

Last edited:

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman

StormC

Smash Hero
Would you guys rather have nobody buy the K. Rool costume and make Nintendo think nobody is interested in the character?

Stop being a baby.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You may have times where I swear at first I'm like "bkupa why did you say that" but moments like these are where it's "bkupa thank you for being a good person and sensible and on the same page with me"

also do ya still use skype (Probably better to move to PM's, but if you're wondering, I've just been busy beyond all repair. Twitter might have already been an indicator of this.)

i agree with your initial point but i just want to say

granted, i think it ultimately comes down to if a character has legitimate issues.
I agree with you but would K. Rool have any very big issues? The whole thing with Ridley being too big was a shame but I don't know of anything remotely similar to keep K. Rool out.

And on Sonic: I'm not sure how popular Sonic was in Brawl compared to how popular K. Rool is in Wii U. Is it comparable?

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/626287547610574848

Not a direct quote deconfirming K:rool explicitly.

Yeah, vote to say that this is acceptable and make them believe this is totally a fair compromise and exactly what we wanted.

sarcasm doesnt help anyone
I am sorry, i do not mean to offend you, but you're just unreasonable at this point and you're spreading that attitude around, which i do not approve of. We are fellow kutthroats, after all.

Stay positive!

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Would you guys rather have nobody buy the K. Rool costume and make Nintendo think nobody is interested in the character?
I'd rather that than have them validated in their belief that they can screw their fanbase and prey off of stupid consumers by just making skins for Mii Fighters to grub money from so they don't even have to put in the money and effort to make real characters anymore.

Yes. I would very much rather no-one supported this atrocious business practice.

StormC

Smash Hero
I agree with you but would K. Rool have any very big issues? The whole thing with Ridley being too big was a shame but I don't know of anything remotely similar to keep K. Rool out.

And on Sonic: I'm not sure how popular Sonic was in Brawl compared to how popular K. Rool is in Wii U. Is it comparable?
He's big and irrelevant. That could do him in.

Also, Sonic was the most requested character for Brawl.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Odds are, no, its not comparable. Sonic is from one of the biggest, best selling video game franchises of all time, one of the few franchises to top 100m. DK is around 65m, so its very good, but its not anywhere near the likes of Sonic. That said, K. Rool was seemingly the most hyped and talked about character for the ballot, and there's no way K. Rool would be a costume if it wasn't for his popularity.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
I am sorry, i do not mean to offend you, but you're just unreasonable at this point and you're spreading that attitude around, which i do not approve of. We are fellow kutthroats, after all.

Stay positive!
And yet I'm offering the most well-reasoned position between us.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

I've gone over Ridley before, BKupa can probably restate my summary, but basically, Ridley is a literal ***** to program. At best, he would take the time of 1.5 newcomers. At best. If people want him in, bug the Project M team or make your own hack and then there's something to talk about (Not you directly)

sonic isn't even close; here's an idea of how requested he was. Ever heard of NSider? He was the most popular character in the poll they had. Ridley was second. It wasn't even close. He was purely in on Brawl because of fan demand (and this doesn't even include a slew of emails, among other things) - sonic fans are literally insanity

sonic was just my point that "Uh, whoever gets #1 on the ballot they're gonna try hard to do something, even if that name is Ridley."

K. Rool having issues? If we're talking technical, not really any I can think of. He might be tedious to make walking animations for, but which characters in Smash aren't, again? I think there will be questions on how to implement him, but I can't see them going "Well, we don't know how to do this, so yeah."

Of course, be prepared for at least one character popular on the polls to get shafted and get some excuse. I've been preparing for it.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
He's big and irrelevant. That could do him in.

Also, Sonic was the most requested character for Brawl.
Well, his size has been downscaled for his more recent appearances, so that's not a problem. Irrelevancy obviously doesn't matter anymore with the release of Lucas, and more notably, Roy.

Is it comparable, though? I know he was popular, but is there a fair number to judge him on? I think Sonic was definitely more requested than the King. I just want to know by how much.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
But there's no clearcut win for us though. If we don't buy the costume it shows that we don't support the character but if we buy the costume it tells Nintendo/Sakurai that this is good enough and K.Rool may never be developed. I bet they knew this just so they can continue to keep K.Rool down..
That's wrong.

They know that huge amounts of people support the character because the entire reason they're making this K Rool skin is that he's a frontrunner in the polls, but Sakurai just doesn't want to make him. Character support is a moot point. It's done. The character is supported by the ballot. They know he's extremely popular and people like him.

By not buying it they see very clearly that overwhelming amounts of people support the character, but no-one supports this Mii Outfit horse****. That is the message that is sent if this K Rool outfit doesn't make a penny.

Top Bottom