• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Does this 100% confirm that K. Rool cannot become a playable character, or is it just speculation ?
We don't have a precedent for a new character first revealed via costume becoming playable. That's why so many people are crying.

:231:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Pretty much.
aerodrome i never thought i'd say this (not that i know you well either way) but ilu right now

seriously, K. Rool may very well be a top 10 or 5 candidate (especially if he made it this far, at least), but there's no way he's #1 just because *some* sites said so out of, for a start, a poll that's available to everyone worldwide

People who think that have rose colored tinted glasses. At least a good 500-600k votes have made it on (that's just me making a guesstimate), unless someone tells me one of those polls has 100k, people need to stop or at least learn statistics. Even 10k. Direct me to a poll with 10k legitimate votes, and then we have maybe something to talk about*

* = And that still doesn't include statistically analyzing it to see if it's statistically significant data

i bet people will ignore this too

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Honestly, disregarding how salty I am right now, this is actually a legitimately cool costume. The stomach and the scales actually look pretty cool.

Now please give me those things on an actual fighter, Sakurai

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
This is an obvious reference to the K.Rool fights, Sakurai "disconfirms" him with a costume and K.Rool "dies", but then... THE END?... K.Rool is playable and he never really died.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm not trying to be a debbie downer. But I say we move focus to DKCR3 and getting K.Rool back maybe the detractors were right and K.Rool doesn't belong in Smash. :'(

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Guys, Don't loose hope.

We have to keep it up! All the posts, the votes, the recent media attention through fake leaks and copyright claims were not in vein!

Keep on voting, the ballot ain't over. The hype ain't over!

And can somebody please tell me how I change my name to K-Kuy, please?

StormC

Smash Hero
maybe the detractors were right and K.Rool doesn't belong in Smash. :'(
NO.

I refuse to accept that. Sakurai's choices are not the end all be all. We've made our case for K. Rool again and again. I will not give in to the idiotic detractors just because things are looking in their favor right now.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Jesus Christ, Sakurai.
What is it about Donkey Kong that makes you hate the franchise? And why are you taking the hate out on the fans by making K. Rool a Mii Costume, but not a playable character?
Just tell us what you have against the franchise and maybe, just maybe, we will understand you. That's all we want to know, Sakurai.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
seriously, K. Rool may very well be a top 10 or 5 candidate (especially if he made it this far, at least), but there's no way he's #1 just because *some* sites said so out of, for a start, a poll that's available to everyone worldwide

i bet people will ignore this too
It is possible that he got a large enough amount of votes to be seen and noticed, but not enough that they thought it warranted a character.

edit: or it's just to advertise dk on virtual console

I hope nintendo releases the results of the ballot so we can see what the more general population preferred

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is an obvious reference to the K.Rool fights, Sakurai "disconfirms" him with a costume and K.Rool "dies", but then... THE END?... K.Rool is playable and he never really died.
This is only complicating the situation.

K. Rool's penchant for Komebacks + Sakurai's penchant for trolling + K. Rool Mii Costume = Mind Screw :psycho:

:231:

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Just have wishful thinking guys. Come on, as supporters you should fight this until its been said by the Dream Killer Daddy Sakurai himself

StormC

Smash Hero
If you're gonna come here and post all know-it-all that K. Rool wasn't popular enough or whatever, just leave.

We don't want you here. You won't be missed.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
People. I never set foot in here, but K Rool is the only character from the 'popular list' that I legit want and would add the most to the game...

I am sorry for the days ahead...

Damn you mii costumes~

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
We cannot deem the King disconfirmed unless they reveal a Ridley Costume!...

... they announce more costumes tomorrow, right? O_o

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
Just have wishful thinking guys. Come on, as supporters you should fight this until its been said by the Dream Killer Daddy Sakurai himself
Exactly, this is Sakurai we're talking about. After all his teases, this doesn't destroy my hopes at all.

What we have to do now is to continue spreading the K word and don't give up until the end.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Please I ask everyone to seriously sit back breath and calm down. We have till October, sure his Mii costume makes things seem grim but Link, Megaman, Samus, Meta Knight all have costumes in Sm4sh and they're playable. Just because Chroms outfit got a Mii Costume alongside Rool dosnt mean Rool is decomfirmed until he's either

A) decomfirmed by an announcement tomorrow

B) there's a direct and Sakurai agknowledges him directly and decomfirms him

I'm going to go on believing he has a chance. There's many more weeks of Ballot left I'm not jumping to conclusions just yet. I ask for all my fellow Kutthroats to do the same. Yes I'm mad but don't let anger cloud your mind. Keep voting show the Mii costume isn't good enough.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Exactly, this is Sakurai we're talking about. After all his teases, this doesn't destroy my hopes at all.

What we have to do now is to continue spreading the K word and don't give up until the end.
Thing is, DLC has to sell itself and by pissing off fans like this people aren't going to be happy. He better have a damn good explanation for this
Is there anything that won't make people feel bitter ?
If K.Rool becomes playable alongside Ridley and Isaac, all for free, people won't be as bitter I reckon

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The surveys of dedicated fansites are not perfect and they probably overestimate K. Rool's popularity but this exact point applies to virtually every character discussed with reference to the ballot. Including: Inkling, Shantae, Isaac, BWaddle Dee, etc. Almost no character discussed in the community actually is known to the supposed casual base some here feel are making the key difference in results. The only characters that I reasonably think could be underestimated in polls are Mario characters like Daisy and Toad or third party icons like Master Chief.

If K. Rool is apparently "not really" popular according to some people here, I wonder who they think is REALLY topping the charts. The polls are our best evidence since they they capture MOST of the votes in the ballot (that is, communities like these would also have people that would probably vote multiple times/convince their friends, unlike less interested casual voters). If K. Rool is NOT in as DLC (and it is still unclear if this is the cacse), it seems unreasonable to think that it was because he was not popular enough. Because again, the question is raised: Who IS? Is there ANY candidate discussed that would also be largely ignored by this supposed casual base? Let's not rewrite history or the evidence to suit our internal monologue.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Is it bad that I want to run to the drugstore and buy sleeping pills

Because this is going to keep me up all night. THIS IS SOMETHING I USED TO JOKE ABOUT.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
My plan:

Keep hope until July 31th.
If there's no sign of actual K. Rool by then, I'm gonna call him deconfirmed and move on.

I've learned from Ridley that you can't stick to hope for too long.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Is it bad that I want to run to the drugstore and buy sleeping pills

Because this is going to keep me up all night. THIS IS SOMETHING I USED TO JOKE ABOUT.
I'm probably going to get a snack at 7/11. It's gonna be a long night, Kutthroats, especially with all of SmashBoards watching us.

I've gone as stark-raving mad as K. Rool at this point.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I've learned from Ridley that you can't stick to hope for too long.
....ouch...

Like I know that the Ridley fanbase has to deal with the worst detractors of them all and went through so many hardships in Smash 4 but....OUCH D':

That kinda hit hard

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The surveys of dedicated fansites are not perfect and they probably overestimate K. Rool's popularity but this exact point applies to virtually every character discussed with reference to the ballot. Including: Inkling, Shantae, Isaac, BWaddle Dee, etc. Almost no character discussed in the community actually is known to the supposed casual base some here feel are making the key difference in results. The only characters that I reasonably think could be underestimated in polls are Mario characters like Daisy and Toad or third party icons like Master Chief.

If K. Rool is apparently "not really" popular according to some people here, I wonder who they think is REALLY topping the charts. The polls are our best evidence since they they capture MOST of the votes in the ballot (that is, communities like these would also have people that would probably vote multiple times/convince their friends, unlike less interested casual voters). If K. Rool is NOT in as DLC (and it is still unclear if this is the cacse), it seems unreasonable to think that it was because he was not popular enough. Because again, the question is raised: Who IS? Is there ANY candidate discussed that would also be largely ignored by this supposed casual base? Let's not rewrite history or the evidence to suit our internal monologue.
I'm sorry, but I call bull****. If K. Rool WASN'T so popular, he wouldn't even be a costume at all.

Top Bottom