• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

I'm going to drown myself in coconut cream pies while listening to DK sing trying to figure out why Sakurai thought this was a good idea.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I mean, isn't it good enough that K. Rool has even just the costume rather than not be represented through the roster at all?

Also, if I may, is there even that big a difference between K. Rool's designs that it matters which one Sora uses? The only real difference is the detail on the scales and the color palette used. =/

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Going to sleep. Hope to see everyone in better spirits tomorrow!

I'm telling you, there's something odd about *K. Rool* suddenly being a mii costume.

StormC

Smash Hero
Also, if I may, is there even that big a difference between K. Rool's designs that it matters which one Sora uses? The only real difference is the detail on the scales and the color palette used. =/
Rare's design hasn't been used since Donkey Kong 64 (arguably the Melee trophy). Since then it's been the PAON one.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In case this is what it looks like...

As a Dixie supporter..

I am so sorry you guys. You didn't deserve this at all.

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
We haven't come so long to feel defeated over such a small thing. Keep believing!

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Rare's design hasn't been used since Donkey Kong 64 (arguably the Melee trophy). Since then it's been the PAON one.
Yes, but is there that big of a difference between the DKC and modern designs themselves?

Plus, it's not like Sora hasn't been going for more retro/throwback designs for certain characters. Pac-Man, Mega Man and Wireframe Little Mac, spring to mind.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I know what an actual ballot is. Just saying, if the "winners" of the ballot couldn't work due to licensing issues, or the dev team couldn't do what they wanted to with the character, or they didn't personally think a character would work out, then they wont use the character.

That's why they said they'll "consider" the character.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Does this 100% confirm that K. Rool cannot become a playable character, or is it just speculation ?

StormC

Smash Hero
Yes, but is there that big of a difference between the DKC and modern designs themselves?.
Yes.

-Golden belly
-Tail
-Bigger eye tic
-Bigger crown

It's CLEARLY based EXPLICITLY on the Rare design.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Jesus christ
What the **** happened to 3DS Miiverse
It's a glitchy mess
This does not help
MUH SMASH EXPERIENCE

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Guys, please do not panic.

Mii Costumes do not mean anything. Miis are not meant to replace characters.

Look at all the gear that's in the game from the get-go:

Mario, Luigi, Wario, Captain Falcon, Samus, Meta Knight, Sheik, headpieces, and more!

Even a full Link costume is there for DLC. It's just dress up.

I agree that it's kinda weird for Nintendo to announce a King K Rool costume, but think about it this way:

Nintendo obviously knows about the K.Rool hype. What if the costume really is just a tease to sweeten the wait? Sakurai stated that characters take a lot of time to make, especially when it comes to newcomers.

Now look at the costume, the scale details and the golden belly textures look nice, too nice for a simple mii costume tbh. I'd rather believe that this costume is just a taste of what's to come, Nintendo isn't stupid after all.

They know about the hype and they know to better not anger the community. We pay their bills, after all.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm definitely buying K. Rool's Mii costume. I'm almost wondering if they'll also do Kaptain and Baron... (though frankly, if they do all three I'll be convinced they are just trolling with the Mii costumes, and his actual character is just a combination of all three or a new "fighter" persona).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes.

-Golden belly
-Tail
-Bigger eye tic

It's CLEARLY based EXPLICITLY on the Rare design.
Did they have the jewel pendent on his cape in the DKC version?

Edit:

Yep, they did. Clear version of it

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Dapuffster on reddit brought up an optimistic point
dapuffster said:
YO REAL TALK

K. ROOL CAN HELICOPTER KICK AND BE TOP TIER WHAT ARE YOU MAD ABOUT.

99% SURE THE REAL MAN WOULDN'T BE AS VIABLE.
I dont think most tournaments would have the costumes, though....

King K Rool's finest hour: Mii Fighter Costume
Well, He is IN smash and playable as a skin, that's more than can be said for most Nintendo characters.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Does this 100% confirm that K. Rool cannot become a playable character, or is it just speculation ?
No, but until it does most people won't believe it. I'm 50/50 on it right now. I think this could be an elaborate troll, but I think everyone should EXPECT the worst and hope for the best. Still, this isn't a BAD thing, its just not the BEST thing.

StormC

Smash Hero
King K Rool's finest hour: Mii Fighter Costume
This isn't the time.

Like I said. If this is meant to replace K. Rool, THE ENTIRE BALLOT IS COMPROMISED. EVERYONE is in danger right now.

Don't get so catty that K. Rool didn't make it when your ballot vote is at just as big of a risk right now.

Last edited:

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
Maybe they're using his Rare design as a costume basis and the Paon design for his fighter model?

At least that's what I would like to happen... after THIS...

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Maybe this is like the Meta Knight incident where he revealed a costume before he was playable.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This isn't the time.

Like I said. If this is meant to replace K. Rool, THE ENTIRE BALLOT IS COMPROMISED. EVERYONE is in danger right now.

Don't get so catty that K. Rool didn't make it when your ballot vote is at just as big of a risk right now.
It's a joke.

Besides, why would the entire ballot be compromised? Or do you know the ballot figures already?

StormC

Smash Hero
Besides, why would the entire ballot be compromised? Or do you know the ballot figures already?
Anyone can tell K. Rool was one of the most popular picks, if not the most. If he's a Mii Fighter? Good luck to any other fighter.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
This isn't the time.

I'd be ecstatic to see a wonder red or snake mii fighter costume...

It's a joke.

People think that the polls held by people on smashboards and reddit are indicative of the actual figures

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Here is another idea for you:

Go to Miiverse and post that a costume is not enough

Nintendo supervises Miiverse. You basically can speak directly to them. If a huge group of people keeps on posting, we'll get more of their attention.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
People think that the polls held by people on smashboards and reddit are indicative of the actual figures
it probably makes a good portion of the population, or at least a decent size, but there's no way it's a significant* value

* = significant means literally is the population of the ballot. Anyone telling themselves that is in denial.

StormC

Smash Hero
The comparison to Link, Mega Man, and Meta Knight doesn't work.

Link and Mega Man were in the base game before the Mii Fighter DLC was added.
Meta Knight was a veteran.

Top Bottom