• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Okay What the heck. Seriously!? Sakurai better just be pulling a Meta Knight here.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Why is everyone hopping off ship? Come on guys! I'm not as strong of a K. Rool advocate as you are, but now should be the time when you're as strong as ever!!! Don't let this break you! Its not over 'til its over

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
If this really is the end, well, guess we'll be in the same boat as the Ridley supporters. I was already in that boat to begin with.
Let's be adults...
No character is deconfirmed because have a Mii Costume...

I really think this is a good signal, K.Rool is in production boys.
Believe in me, this is just the warm-up.
Why no girls? Sexist much?

This is a joke. Why do I feel I have to do this for any joke I make.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Please don't tell me this was the reason K. Rool's name was trademarked. This is very depressing and anti-hype end to the buzz it generated.

The ballot still has two months to go. I really, really don't want to think that the ballot was a farce. That would shatter my faith in Sakurai.

Regardless, I'll ask that you people don't start pulling out your napkins already. No crying until it's confirmed that this is his ultimate fate.

:231:
If anything they have plans to put K. Rool in the next DK game, which I think is in development right now.

For the longest time everyone was saying costumes don't deconfirm characters. I believed it briefly, but then turned my back on that notion. Well, guys, we'd better damn well hope everyone who said that was right.

EDIT: I'm still ecstatic they chose the damn RARE design.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The only thing I can think of is this is like the Palutena fakeout in the Smash Direct.

But being paired with Chrom doesn't make me optimistic.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
That was a thing, wasn't it. He showed off the Mii Costume a few days before showing off Meta Knight himself...

Hmmm....here's hoping.
The fact that Chrom is being a Mii Costume at the same time is giving me reaaaaally bad vibes
Reaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad vibes
*screams externally*

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
The ballot still has two months to go. I really, really don't want to think that the ballot was a farce. That would shatter my faith in Sakurai.

Regardless, I'll ask that you people don't start pulling out your napkins already. No crying until it's confirmed that this is his ultimate fate.

The best option now is to just keep doing what this thread was doing. Ramp up votes for K. Rool from elsewhere even if the ballot doesnt mean anything.

That said, I figured that the ballot may have been nothing but a publicity stunt based on some of its features, but I thought Id trust in Sakurai. If hes denying the most popular character, then truly that trust was misplaced.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Let's be adults...
No character is deconfirmed because have a Mii Costume...

I really think this is a good signal, K.Rool is in production boys.
Believe in me, this is just the warm-up.

wow....I am not sure what to say....or how to fee...just...wow....what does this mean.... I know that a lot of already confirmed characters have Mii outfits as well, but if they think this is going to please fans....all I have to say is...they were...wrong...=(

Me: Your majesty, what do you think?............................................................................................................

K. Rool: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP!!!!!!!!!!! (this image deserves to be this big)
KroolCountry.png

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
(Users: 50, Guests: 51)

Oh boy. A mighty kampaign might have finally met its match and others look in in laughter (detractors) sympathy (other character campaigners) or horror (knowing that their character might end up a mii costume)

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Hold yer horses boys! I hear you, it's a bit strange but uhhh.....

Link got a Mii Fighter DLC costume, and he was never in any danger of not showing up....just saying, Mii Costumes (for major characters like this) don't really make me think "Oh they're gone!"

That K. Rool costume is absolutely terrifying though I can be straight about that.

StormC

Smash Hero
Hey, person reading this thread who wants to laugh at us K. Rool fans!

YOUR ballot vote could be next!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait...wait...what?! WHAT?!

WHAT?! WHAT?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

I'm literally the most confused I've been in years. Jesus ****ing christ. Sakurai, what the hell is this?

What's most bizarre to me is that not only is this completely out of the ****ing blue, but it's using his Rare design. I wouldn't be surprised to see the King make an appearance despite this (a very K. Rool thing to do) and all that. I won't stop spreading the word and voting, we've come too far.

This isn't going to make the next few months very much fun, though...

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE **** SAKURAI. WHAT IS THIS. IT HAS THE RARE DESIGN. WHY. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S HAPPENING, BUT YOU'RE UP TO SOMETHING.

...It's a good point that :4link: has one, though. We're not out of this yet.

Of course, you all realize it's a extremely reasonable assumption that perhaps Sakurai wanted to augment K. Rool's extreme popularity with more than just a character reveal.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
If it really means that Sakurai doesn't want K. Rool in Smash for whatever reason, then I really really need to hear explanation from him like he did with Ridley. Design issues? Not interesting enough as a fighter? Those are BS reasons in our mind, but if for whatever reason Sakurai can't manage to imagine a K. Rool moveset he'd himself like, I'm willing to accept that.

But what if he does justify this by saying he's not a deserving Nintendo all-star, or even worse, that his lack of recent appearance would make his inclusion as a playable fighter pointless? If those are why King K. Rool is not going to be playable, then I'm going to be furious. Especially if it means he will be demoted to a "meme" character on par with Goku/Shrek/Reckless Safety Guy similar to how Ridley did (I'm not saying Ridley is actually on par with these as far as stupidity goes, but I actually saw Ridley compared to these). That would be truly horrible for us.

I really really want to believe it's a Meta Knight-like troll when Sakurai did reveal the Meta Knight headgear before the actual Meta Knight, and the fact there's currently no character announced for this update seems kind of suspicious. Then again we could get an update without any character, which would suck, and I have a hard time imagining a character being sold as both an actual fighter and Mii costume.

I used to estimate K. Rool' chances as more or less 50/50 because I always assumed that just because a character is perceived as topping a poll among fans doesn't mean this character is guaranteed. If it's indeed a K. Rool deconfirmation then at least I would have felt right to not be over optimistic about his chances.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If anything they have plans to put K. Rool in the next DK game, which I think is in development right now.

For the longest time everyone was saying costumes don't deconfirm characters. I believed it briefly, but then turned my back on that notion. Well, guys, we'd better damn well hope everyone who said that was right.

EDIT: I'm still ecstatic they chose the damn RARE design.
That has me confused as me. The costume is 100% taken from DK64.

Why suddenly use it after a freaking 15 years?

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
They actually figured this would be a good compromise. What a load of horse ****.
So much for fan-service, huh.

At least they used the Rare design.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm sorry, people are rallying up, but the writing is on the wall and I know how to read.

King K.Rool will sadly not happen for this iteration of Smash Bros form whatever reason.

Although I'd love to be wrong.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
That's seriously messed up. If this is all your support gets, I'm really sorry. I truly am.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
(Users: 50, Guests: 51)

Oh boy. A mighty kampaign might have finally met its match and others look in in laughter (detractors) sympathy (other character campaigners) or horror (knowing that their character might end up a mii costume)
I reposted it in the Isaac thread for this exact reason.

This isn't just bad news for K. Rool. This is bad news for the BALLOT.
Its not bad news for K. Rool, its just not the best news. It COULD be bad news for the ballot if the characters only get in as costumes.

I'm literally the most confused I've been in years. Jesus ****ing christ. Sakurai, what the hell is this?

What's most bizarre to me is that not only is this completely out of the ****ing blue, but it's using his Rare design. I wouldn't be surprised to see the King make an appearance despite this (a very K. Rool thing to do) and all that. I won't stop spreading the word and voting, we've come too far.

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE **** SAKURAI. WHAT IS THIS. IT HAS THE RARE DESIGN. WHY. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S HAPPENING, BUT YOU'RE UP TO SOMETHING.

This could be a very damn good fakeout. Maybe they'll base K. Rool mostly on his Kaptain design because its his most popular costume. This was definitely done on purpose to get people talking. K. Rool was by far and large the most talked about character on the internet for the ballot, especially in the past few weeks (granted this has probably been planned longer).

At best, we can hope this means K. Rool will truly be in DKCR3.
This is definitely good news for K. Rool, just not the best news in regards to K. Rool in Smash.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Nobody is safe
Rayman's next
Snake is next

At first I was skeptical with the Inklings
And now this is just flat-out scaring me

I'm screaming into my Kirby plush rite now
So scared ; _;

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok so this is also interesting.
The rough translation is that they'll be announcing stuff throughout tomorrow as well. This means they could very well announce a Direct for the 31st, much in vein of the New Content Approaching "Direct".

OK now if this does happen it could be good, or it could be bad. If a character is introduced from the Ballot explicitly, then it's bad. If it's just Veterans like Snake and Wolf, then this could mean that the Ballot has yet to be completely tallied.

Either way here's hoping the Direct happens...

Reds94

Smash Cadet
Wow that's rough guys. I would of loved to see K. Rool in Smash but he wasn't my first pick like many of yours. Sorry everybody.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
King K. Rool would have been good for Smash but dang, you guys just caught a troll break from Sakurai.

Well, as a Snake supporter who is doubtful he'll come back, you guys have some representation of your character. So I'd be happy about that too.

Good luck, though. Who knows, he could win the Smash Ballot.

[Deuce]

Smash Journeyman
Man if Nintendo went and bothered to use the rare design, don't you think they'd likely be going for both mii costume AND an actual character? Several characters also have mii costumes.

Just being hoplessly optimistic here... gotta find a way to wash all the salt

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
One small positive thought I considered amongst this. It is possible this is a form of market research. Gauging the popularity of a character in a form where they are actually purchasable.

Could it be possible if sales numbers are decent for K. Rool it would help his case?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'VE GOT IT!!!!!!! Here is a theory! Maybe Nintendo AND Sakurai do indeed see the popularity of these characters and after revealing the costumes before the ballots end, they want to see if this will make the votes for them skyrocket or fall.....but then again...that just sounds sick if they were to actually do that...O.o...never mind.. I am still stumped...ugh...why....

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The rough translation is that they'll be announcing stuff throughout tomorrow as well. This means they could very well announce a Direct for the 31st, much in vein of the New Content Approaching "Direct".

OK now if this does happen it could be good, or it could be bad. If a character is introduced from the Ballot explicitly, then it's bad. If it's just Veterans like Snake and Wolf, then this could mean that the Ballot has yet to be completely tallied.

Interesting. This ride just gets crazier.

Seriously, there's something so strange about this. A Chrom mii outfit seems fitting given that Sakurai probably felt bad for not including him, but a K. ROOL mii outfit? Maybe just seeing him again is weird, but seriously. Something's fishy, and not a "OMG GUYS RIDLEY IS TOTES PLAYABLE LOOK AT THE SHADOW" type of fishy.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I am so, so, sorry. To all of you. I know this ins't a straight disconformed for K Rool. But seeing this happen to the literal King of the ballot hurts a lot. It honestly makes me nerves of the ballot what is even going on with it. As a Krystal support I understand completely how it feels to get people bum rushing you with, "disconfromed! Haha" and for that I am so sorry. But don't give up hope. That is all any of us have at this point after what was just said right now.

Keep up the good fight King K. Rool Supporters and good luck!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Perhaps you could translate the whole thing for me @PushDustIn?

Top Bottom