• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
...I'm so sorry, guys. You don't deserve this after all the hype and effort you've put towards seeing this guy in Smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh brother. What the heck.

I'm going to refrain from commenting. I don't even know how to react.

:231:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Sakurai this is not what we expected when you said fan service.

What's next, an Isaac Mii Costume for Swordfighter too?

Let's have Wolf as a Mii Gunner costume while we're at it.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@Opossum :104:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm just gonna say, if you came in here to collect tears or rake in the salt, you will be infracted as per usual when characters are put in tight spaces.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
If this well and truly deconfirms K. Rool, which I really hope it doesn't, then I haven't got the slightest clue who they're going to add from the ballot.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Honestly, this is confusing on so many levels.

Why a Mii costume?
What made them go completely with the Rare Design?

I'll just sit back.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Everybody calm your horses. The ballot ends in 2 months so just wait. This isn't the end of the world

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I honestly don't know what to say, it's not a flat-out deconfrim him but why do this when K.Rool is one of most popular characters on the Ballot? I'm starting to get worried for other future Mii Fighter outfits.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Um... damn... I guess we gotta damn well hope that we were wrong about Mii costumes... Still, I won't say this is a bad thing at all. Its not the most IDEAL scenario, but we did get their attention. K. Rool is the only "muhrelevant" Mii costume at this point. Plus... ITS HIS F***ING RARE DESIGN.

But now I have no idea what they could possibly do for the ballot...

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
This is going to be a long night...

I'm just so confused. What does this mean? WHY K. ROOL, A CHARACTER THAT HAS NOTHING TO PROMOTE OR MARKET AND HASN'T BEEEN IN A GAME FOR 8 YEARS?
I'm in literal shock right now. I have a lot going through my head right now, but none of it means anything.

a) Did Sakurai actually think this would be good enough? He can't possibly be this out of touch... can he?
b) This is the first time K. Rool's classic design has been seen in over 15 years
c) HOLY **** MAYBE WE'RE ACTUALLY GETTING KAPTAIN K. ROOL INSTEAD

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Isaac is a Mii costume next then it proves thatNintendo really didn't focus on the ballot at all when it came for characters.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Maybe there's the August Direct coming up and we'll see the K. Rool mii costume gadding about until he gets shot with a cannonball and K. Rool is truly revealed? Maybe? Is there hope anymore?

This is anti-fan service. This is kicking fans in the balls.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
If Isaac is a Mii costume next then it proves thatNintendo really didn't focus on the ballot at all when it came for characters.
Okay, I'm gonna shut this down right now and say "no not really"

Unless they planned that before, it shows they focused on it, just not in the way we wanted or the amount.

...which would be considerably stupid, especially given how much they're charging for DLC characters, but hey, I'm not the business man of Sora LTD nor Bamco.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
...s-so you're saying there might actually be an Isaac mii costume too? If it does then...oh god.
From the looks of things its going to be a Nintendo character pack. K.K. Gunner will probably be released with them. Sword Isaac and Gunner Wolf don't sound too farfetch'd as a Daisy supporter, I'm expecting her dress to come for the brawler too, if not her sports attire :\

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm in complete and total shock. I still reiterate its not even close to being a "bad" thing. But its also not the best-case scenario. For a muhrelevant character K. Rool is doing very well.

From the looks of things its going to be a Nintendo character pack. K.K. Gunner will probably be released with them. Sword Isaac and Gunner Wolf don't sound too farfetch'd as a Daisy supporter, I'm expecting her dress to come for the brawler too, if not her sports attire :\
I could definitely see Sword Isaac happening.

Maybe this means they really wanted to do Dixie Kong? Maybe they aren't taking ballot into consideration yet? I really don't know.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Let's be adults...
No character is deconfirmed because have a Mii Costume...

I really think this is a good signal, K.Rool is in production boys.
Believe in me, this is just the warm-up.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's OK guys, we can come back from this. WE WILL HAVE OUR FINEST HO-
Chrom has a Mii outfit too!

THE DREAM IS DEAD, THE DREAM IS DEAD, THE DREAM IS DEAD
*slams face into 5ft Kirby plush*

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Please don't tell me this was the reason K. Rool's name was trademarked. This is very depressing and anti-hype end to the buzz it generated.

The ballot still has two months to go. I really, really don't want to think that the ballot was a farce. That would shatter my faith in Sakurai.

Regardless, I'll ask that you people don't start pulling out your napkins already. No crying until it's confirmed that this is his ultimate fate.

Top Bottom