• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I know we've seen this before, but its still relevant, and they added to the description

"K. Rool's tossing in his crown for Smash Bros DLC. And trying to hit someone with it."

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A bit late, but at this point, the thread is moving at a pace fast enough where it would be inordinately time-consuming to update the list with all of the many, many new people coming in here. So basically, at this point, throw a vote to the King and you're ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
This threads probably grown 100 pages since I got here when the poll was announced. Pretty awesome Krew :chuckle:

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone, you remember my drawing-teasers, right? c:
If not, here they are:
Well, I wasn't able to draw a lot during the past few days, but, well...
It's done!

Ladies and Gentlecrocs, I present to you; my K. Rool drawings:

(Pro Tip: Read the following text with the announcer's voice.)
From left to right, it's:
1. King K. Rool - His original King design from DKC1, with his Krown and cape! Nothings better than the original...
2. Kaptain K. Rool - The costume of K. Rool we all know and love from DKC2! I especially love his jacket!
3. Baron K. Roolenstein - His Frankenstein-look from DKC3 makes him especially scary! Take a look at the pens in his pocket!
4. King Krusha K. Rool - Belive me when I say; he still is exactly as dangerous as in the old days of DK64!
5. Lord Ferderick - Lord Frederick from DKC:TF! But something seems off... I suppose he should use more moisturizer!
(Pro Tip: You now can stop to read it with the announcer's voice.)
I realy LOVE how this turned out!
Usually, when I draw something, I make it really big at first. For example, every K. Rool was originally about 3000 pixels high, now it's about 500. I do so because I can make rather small mistakes. I don't have to be 100% accurate with the outlines and shadings. Those mistakes almost disappear when I scale down their size.

Originally, I wanted to draw more costumes, but I thought, I shouldn't do too much at once... mostly because I always want to finish my drawings as soon as possible. :upsidedown:

Fun Facts:
- When I drew the Baron, I watched (or "listened to", to be acurate) a Let's Play of DKC3.
- I thought Krusha; with just a golden belt, would look very boring, so I decided to make something on it. At first it just was a
Smash Ball, but then I thought: "I could add the blood veins of his eye, to make a K.-Rool-Smash symbol!"
- I almost forgot the white line on Krusha's pants. :awesome:
- I litterally copied the skull on Kaptain's belt to Baron's and recolored it.
- The Lord Frederick costume was my favorite, when they were without colors, but now it actually is my least favorite.
- I once said he would be more based on his original design, yet now, I'm actually not sure which one it resembles more.
- Until the very end, I wasn't sure if they would turn out well. But I have to admit, they turned out...
:dk: <(OKAY!)

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Hi everyone, you remember my drawing-teasers, right? c:
If not, here they are:
Well, I wasn't able to draw a lot during the past few days, but, well...
It's done!

Ladies and Gentlecrocs, I present to you; my K. Rool drawings:

(Pro Tip: Read the following text with the announcer's voice.)
From left to right, it's:
1. King K. Rool - His original King design from DKC1, with his Krown and cape! Nothings better than the original...
2. Kaptain K. Rool - The costume of K. Rool we all know and love from DKC2! I especially love his jacket!
3. Baron K. Roolenstein - His Frankenstein-look from DKC3 makes him especially scary! Take a look at the pens in his pocket!
4. King Krusha K. Rool - Belive me when I say; he still is exactly as dangerous as in the old days of DK64!
5. Lord Ferderick - Lord Frederick from DKC:TF! But something seems off... I suppose he should use more moisturizer!
(Pro Tip: You now can stop to read it with the announcer's voice.)
I realy LOVE how this turned out!
Usually, when I draw something, I make it really big at first. For example, every K. Rool was originally about 3000 pixels high, now it's about 500. I do so because I can make rather small mistakes. I don't have to be 100% accurate with the outlines and shadings. Those mistakes almost disappear when I scale down their size.

Originally, I wanted to draw more costumes, but I thought, I shouldn't do too much at once... mostly because I always want to finish my drawings as soon as possible. :upsidedown:

Fun Facts:
- When I drew the Baron, I watched (or "listened to", to be acurate) a Let's Play of DKC3.
- I thought Krusha; with just a golden belt, would look very boring, so I decided to make something on it. At first it just was a
Smash Ball, but then I thought: "I could add the blood veins of his eye, to make a K.-Rool-Smash symbol!"
- I almost forgot the white line on Krusha's pants. :awesome:
- I litterally copied the skull on Kaptain's belt to Baron's and recolored it.
- The Lord Frederick costume was my favorite, when they were without colors, but now it actually is my least favorite.
- I once said he would be more based on his original design, yet now, I'm actually not sure which one it resembles more.
- Until the very end, I wasn't sure if they would turn out well. But I have to admit, they turned out...
:dk: <(OKAY!)
Terrific work time to show people !!! ;)

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I am a little bit confused about what you're trying to tell me.
I will be showing other people this great work ! Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and other places. :) Crediting Thelimomon as the creator ! That is what I usually do when any Kutthroat makes something new. Share it with the world !!

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I will be showing other people this great work ! Twitter, Facebook, and other places. :) Crediting Thelimomon as the creator ! That is what I usually do when any Kutthroat makes something new.
Then, thank you very much! I really appreciate it! :grin:

Edit: OH! Now I understand what you meant! Ha, it's 7AM here where I live and I haven't slept this night...
I apologize for the misunderstanding, it clearly was my fault.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Then, thank you very much! I really appreciate it! :grin:

Edit: OH! Now I understand what you meant! Ha, it's 7AM here where I live and I haven't slept this night...
I apologize for the misunderstanding, it clearly was my fault.
NO PROBLEMO ! (Terminator 2) I just want all the Kutthroats' work to be noticed by more than the Smashboards audience is all.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
"I really don't want King K. Rool in this game. It would be a waste of a slot. Remember how many people wanted freaking Little Mac in the game. They got their wish, but I bet they were all disappointed. Another heavy weight would be just a giant hitbox that is even worse than Donkey Kong (He's bigger than him). People who played Donkey Kong country knows that he's a **** final boss. People are just blinded by bandwagon or don't even have the game at all."

Etika's constant screaming is killing his fanbase brain cells

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
"I really don't want King K. Rool in this game. It would be a waste of a slot. Remember how many people wanted freaking Little Mac in the game. They got their wish, but I bet they were all disappointed. Another heavy weight would be just a giant hitbox that is even worse than Donkey Kong (He's bigger than him). People who played Donkey Kong country knows that he's a **** final boss. People are just blinded by bandwagon or don't even have the game at all."

Oh Etika. I remember when I liked you.

Link to the video, or is it even a video?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

He means ****ing awesome final boss, right?

Admittedly, DKC Rool isn't as good as DKC2/3. He was still great for the game, though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There. I left a scathing remark about how talking about "just another heavyweight hitbox" makes zero sense with how few we have, and Sakurai not adding characters to cater to competitive interests.

And also called out Etika on his incredible hypocrisy. I mean c'mon, the guy literally cries over a faked Ridley unlock screen during the 3DS hype, and calls K. Rool "another big character." Yeah, because Ridley wouldn't be that. And I love Ridley, and want his fans (including myself) to one day get to play as him.

Common sense, goddamn it.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Random question: Are DK: King of Swing & DK: Jungle Climber good games?

I'm aware that they don't play like the Donkey Kong Country/Land/64/Jungle Beat games or as well known but the Wii U Virtual Console release of the GBA game is kinda tempting me (and I have a feeling that Nintendo willl release the DS game on the Wii U Virtual Consoles eventually too).
Eh, you can pass on King of Swing. It was really tedious sometimes due to there being no checkpoints when you lose all your hearts and the way you heal is really annoying as well. Jungle Climber on the other hand fixes most of King of Swings problem's and is a great game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I hadn't played either.

I want to now.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't like King of Swing. I'll eventually beat it but I don't like it.
I liked it because it was the only game on my Wii U with Kremlings, but now...now it's just kind of there.

I'm sure I'll beat it eventually.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I liked it because it was the only game on my Wii U with Kremlings, but now...now it's just kind of there.

I'm sure I'll beat it eventually.
I like the fanservice (of the non-sexual kind lol). I just don't like the gameplay.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Page 567 exactly. And it hasn't even been a whole month since!
Eh...The Ridley thread was bigger :)
Abit to big...i guess....
Lol..

(Sheds a tear)

I will be showing other people this great work ! Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and other places. :) Crediting Thelimomon as the creator ! That is what I usually do when any Kutthroat makes something new. Share it with the world !!
Send it to lord sakurai

Last edited by a moderator:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I don't like King of Swing. I'll eventually beat it but I don't like it.
DK Jungle Climber is better, but none of the Paon games are particularly... good. That's probably why Nintendo stopped hiring them. Which is a shame, because they were helping in keeping the Kremlings alive. Their future now rests in Retro's hands, unless Nintendo commissions another spin-off and get somebody like Next Level Games or Monster Games to work on it.

I hope retro is here to stay. Or the next company is not only here to stay but to revive the Kremlings. I don't like flip-flopping creators for my favorite game series.
Oh, I don't disagree. But I can't see Retro developing a kart racer or puzzle game or something. We need more DK spin-offs.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I hope retro is here to stay. Or the next company is not only here to stay but to revive the Kremlings. I don't like flip-flopping creators for my favorite game series.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think that we'll get a developer dedicated to DK (like Rare was) any time soon. Retro will probably keep shuffling between Metroid and DK.

:231:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, after two days of intense focus and letting ideas slosh around in my feverish kitty brain, I've finally written up a full K. Rool moveset! I have been meaning to do this for quite some time now, and I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out.

Glory to K. Rool etc. Feedback is appreciated!

K. ROOL TAKES KOMMAND!
The Kremling King takes kommand! K. Rool is a heavyweight fighter with a twist: he's packin' heat! His moveset features a vast and eclectic arsenal of weapons and tools, all especially designed to cause havoc and take advantage of the playing field. K. Rool thrives on strategy, cunning, setups and good old-fashioned trickery, and his long-range moves compliment his impressive stature and durability, ensuring he can kommand the stage and blow his opponents away with kannonballs, krowns, Klaptraps and even his infamous Blast-O-Matic! K. Rool's playstyle involves clever use of his gadgets and contraptions to bait the opponent into making a mistake, then punishing them with a well-timed blast or trick - while this makes him open to being baited and punished himself, and he's not the fastest or most agile of fighters, he's no pushover. What he lacks in speed and grace, he makes up for with range, diversity, tactics and raw power: take kommand of the stage and show those wretched apes who's boss!
* SPECIAL MOVES *

* NEUTRAL-B - KANNONBALL *
K. Rool launches a kannonball from his trusty blunderbuss, the distance and speed increasing based on how long the move is charged for: if it's used right away, the kannonball will drop at his feet, and if charged fully, it'll be launched a great distance. The kannonball can be stored as it's charged, and double-tapping will launch the kannonball at that point. A kannonball that lands on the ground will stay there for a short while and can be picked up and thrown by any fighter on the stage, or it will break of its own accord if it lingers for too long.

- CUSTOM 1 - BOUNCING BALL -
K. Rool launches a kannonball that bounces when it lands. It can't be charged as long, so the maximum distance it travels is about half the length of the default move, and since it bounces indefinitely until it hits something or breaks, it can't be picked up. The kannonball will be destroyed as soon as it hits a target, or it will break of its own accord if it lingers for too long.

- CUSTOM 2 - FREAKY FUMES -
K. Rool launches a toxic cloud that has a number of quirky effects. The cloud travels forward at a slow pace, inflicting the opponent with a status effect. The effect changes depending on how long the move is charged for, signified by the colour of the smoke emanating from the barrel. The colours and effects are, respectively: green (causes a flower to bloom on the opponent's head), blue (causes freezing) and red (makes the opponent dizzy).

* SIDE-B - KREMLING KROWN *
K. Rool throws his kingly krown to skewer his opponent. When thrown, the krown can be freely commanded and aimed at will. It does a lot of damage if it hits its target, though it'll return to K. Rool instantaneously if it's left to linger for too long. Holding this move will maintain the krown's momentum, and releasing it will bring it back to K. Rool on cue. K. Rool himself can't move while the krown is active: while he's gawping at the screen, he's totally vulnerable, and getting hit will cause the krown to return to him. Note that, as a point of animation, K. Rool will produce a krown even if he isn't wearing one at the time.

- CUSTOM 1 - KRAZY KROWN -
K. Rool flings a krafty krown that has a mind of its own. When thrown, the krown will home in on the nearest opponent - after hovering ominously overhead for a moment, it'll smash right into them and explode, sending them flying! K. Rool can't aim the krown and he can't move while it's active, and getting hit will cause the krown to return to him.

- CUSTOM 2 - K. BOOM KROWN -
K. Rool tosses a konvenient krown onto the ground that will explode on contact. It will be thrown a set distance in front of K. Rool and remain stationary until an opponent touches it, at which point it will explode, doing impressive damage and launching them with high knockback. The krown will disappear of its own accord if it's left to linger for too long, doing no damage. K. Rool can move while the krown is active, but he can't produce another krown until it explodes or disappears, and touching the krown will damage him as well.

* UP-B - KOPTER PACK *
K. Rool straps on his kopter pack and takes to the skies. When activated, he floats up into the air for a set distance before dropping the pack and plummeting back down to earth. He automatically travels upwards and can move very slightly left or right as he travels. It travels far and fast, though it doesn't have a hitbox.

- CUSTOM 1 - SHOCK KOPTER -
K. Rool hitches himself into a prototype kopter that's shocking to the touch. When activated, he slowly rises into the air and travels a set distance before releasing himself and falling back down. The distance traveled is half that of the default move, but because it's slower, he can steer himself to a much greater degree. The main difference with this move is that, while airborne, K. Rool has an active hitbox that does powerful electric damage to anybody he comes in contact with.

- CUSTOM 2 - BARREL BLAST -
K. Rool tries out a technique favoured by his hated arch-enemies. When activated, K. Rool launches straight upwards with a rocket barrel attached to his back and, upon reaching the height of his launch, explodes and crashes back down. It takes a second to prep for launch, at which point it travels very high and fast. The explosion does a hefty amount of damage and has tremendous launching power, though it lacks a hitbox on the way up. He can't steer himself when using it and he'll plummet straight down when landing, so be careful where it's used!

* DOWN-B - KLAPTRAP *
K. Rool calls on the aid of his beloved pet to snap at the heels of his foes. When summoned, Klaptrap will scuttle forwards along the ground and latch onto any opponent he encounters: once it's got its teeth into an opponent, Klaptrap will do continuous damage until it's either knocked off with a physical strike or it has its fill and wanders off of its own accord. Klaptrap can be knocked out before it latches onto an opponent if it takes enough damage, and if it encounters a wall or ledge, it will turn around and continue walking, departing after a set amount of time. Only one Klaptrap can be summoned at a time. After either being knocked out or departing of its own volition, Klaptrap will hop off-screen, and the animation must finish before another can be summoned. If he's feeling particularly boisterous, K. Rool can even pick up his own Klaptrap and throw it! Klaptrap won't latch on in this case and will vanish immediately after contact, doing only minor damage, but it can be a useful improvised projectile in a pinch.

- CUSTOM 1 - KLAMPON -
K. Rool summons a bigger and more vicious variety of his adorable pet croc. Klampon has a larger hitbox than Klaptrap and is more durable, capable of accruing more damage before being knocked out. As a result of its size and ferocity, Klampon does a lot more damage than Klaptrap, but it's also much slower and doesn't last as long as its smaller, nippier cousin. As with Klaptrap, Klampon can be picked up and thrown as an improvised projectile. It's very heavy and difficult to carry, but because it does decent damage and has high launching power, it may be worthwhile to just throw it in the first place.

- CUSTOM 2 - MECHA-KLAP -
K. Rool pulls out a peculiar mechanical version of his ankle-biting pet. These gleaming silver machines don't actually move and will remain in place as soon as they are summoned, and will not latch onto an opponent or do any damage if they come into contact with a target. Instead, a second Mecha-Klap can be summoned at will, and if two Mecha-Klaps are on the stage at a time, they'll unleash their true power: activating the move a third time will create a powerful surge of electricity that courses between their metallic bodies! The electric current doesn't do have any launching power, but it does strong continuous damage to anybody caught in its sparking flow. The current lasts a couple of seconds before dissipating, at which point both Mecha-Klaps will explode in a non-lethal blast that does no damage. K. Rool will also take damage if he enters his own electric current. The Mecha-Klaps can be picked up and thrown at will, though they do minor damage, and because they're immobile, the opponent can pick them up and throw them as well. The Mecha-Klaps will depart of their own accord after a set duration if they aren't activated.

* FINAL SMASH - BLAST-O-MATIC *
K. Rool activates his greatest weapon, the fearsome Blast-O-Matic, and blows away his enemies! When activated, the Blast-O-Matic will appear in the background and a reticule will target the players on-screen: the reticule can be aimed at will, and activating the move again will release a powerful laser beam from the distance. The beam will do massive continuous damage to any players caught in the blast and then launch them with great power.

* STANDARD MOVES *
Jab - K. Rool punches up to twice in a row with a pair of boxing gloves

F-tilt - K. Rool releases a hefty blow from his armoured gut; it has the added effect of reflecting projectiles if it connects on the last frame

U-tilt - K. Rool thrusts his scaly cranium upwards, striking with a ferocious headbutt

D-tilt - Crouching will send K. Rool into his "playing dead" pose, allowing him to use this move, a sneaky low punch that doesn't launch, but does decent damage

F-smash - K. Rool throws a boxing glove that spins through the air and returns to him on the way back; the glove's power and distance increases as the move is charged, but it can't be used again until the glove returns to K. Rool

U-smash - K. Rool stomps the ground, dropping a kannonball directly in front of him; up to three kannonballs can be dropped if the move is charged, each one progressively moving further out, but K. Rool can't move until all kannonballs have dropped

D-smash - K. Rool crashes into the ground with a powerful butt-slam, releasing a nasty shockwave; the shockwave's power and size increases as the move is charged, but the move becomes proportionately slower to land as a result

Dash - Using the flames from his blunderbuss as a jet, K. Rool propels himself forward with great speed; he can maintain this momentum indefinitely until he stops

N-air - K. Rool spreads his arms and legs out and performs a belly-flop in mid-air

F-air - K. Rool swings both boxing glove-clad fists down in mid-air, spiking anybody it connects with

B-air - K. Rool aims his blunderbuss behind him and releases a burst of smoke, pushing him forward slightly in mid-air

U-air - K. Rool swipes overhead with an electrified joy buzzer, zapping the opponent in mid-air

D-air - K. Rool pulls out a kannonball in mid-air and whacks the opponent with it from above

Grab - A long-range grab that pulls in the opponent with a vacuum from the blunderbuss; once activated, K. Rool can't move until the animation is finished, and throwing a kannonball into the blunderbuss during this time will cause it to backfire, damaging K. Rool and anybody caught in the blast

Pummel - K. Rool headbutts the opponent, it's a slow pummel that does decent damage

F-throw - K. Rool bashes the opponent with the butt of his blunderbuss; while it doesn't do much damage, it has good launching power

B-throw - K. Rool tosses the opponent behind him and whacks them with the butt of his blunderbuss; it does minor damage, but has good launching power

U-throw - K. Rool throws the opponent upwards and blasts them away with his blunderbuss

D-throw - K. Rool throws the opponent onto the ground and shoots them at point-blank range with his blunderbuss

* MISCELLANEOUS *

* TAUNTS *
Up taunt - Throws his hands into the air and shouts, "Yeah! Yeah!"; performing it again will change the quote to, "Thank you! Thank you!", and it thereafter cycles between the two

Side taunt - Turns his head and gawps at the screen a couple of times

Down taunt - Falls over and plays dead, followed by a swipe to the feet that does no damage, but trips up the opponent; the animation looks identical to his crouching pose, so it's useful as a feint tactic

* ENTRANCE *
Sails in on his ship and hops onto the stage

* VICTORY *
Victory 1 - K. Rool falls over and plays dead while the Kredits roll

Victory 2 - K. Rool laughs maniacally and fires his blunderbuss off in the air

Victory 3 - K. Rool slams the ground and gawps at the screen as a shower of bananas falls on top of him

* COLOURS / COSTUMES *
King (green scales, red cape)
King (blue scales, green cape)
Kaptain (green scales, red coat)
Kaptain (purple scales, black coat)
Baron (green scales, white coat)
Baron (yellow scales, brown coat)
Boxer (green scales, blue top)
Boxer (black scales, grey top)

* KIRBY HAT *
Kirby sports K. Rool's fearsome krown and magnificent cape

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
After watching Donkey Kong the animated series and looking at dozens of Expand Dong jokes I now have more appreciation for the King and it'd be pretty funny to see him in. Although I still think he'd feel more out of place, even more than Ryu.

His final smash could involve summoning the powers of the crystal coconut.
The way I see it is if someone like Wario can fit in this game, K. Rool could SURELY fit.
We have Villager, Duck Hunt Dog, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, and R.O.B. and you're thinking about K. Rool and Wario not fitting in these games?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The only character that I've ever questioned "fitting" in Smash is:snake: (I'm in no way saying Snake was a bad choice, just a strange pick).

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Snowmads worked better than the Tikis.
Neither were as good as Kremlings.
I would argue the Snowmads are better than the Kremlings. They're just such charming enemies throughout all of Tropical Freeze, and its fun seeing them conduct their business in every world of the game. I don't think Kremlings have that distinction, save for a few funny looking Krocs here and there. The Kremlings are much more iconic though.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I would argue the Snowmads are better than the Kremlings. They're just such charming enemies throughout all of Tropical Freeze, and its fun seeing them conduct their business in every world of the game. I don't think Kremlings have that distinction, save for a few funny looking Krocs here and there. The Kremlings are much more iconic though.
After playing DK64, I would still disagree with that. The only thing I liked about the snomads was jumping on their heads(mainly the penguin ones) which made funny noises like the kremlings too.

I actually prefer the snowmads as well. They're very fun enemies. Fish arrows man. Great.

idk maybe its because i only played dkc 1 so far but the snowmads were far cooler (heh) then the kremlings imo.

Top Bottom