• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
I can't help but wonder if Nintendo will be baffled by two Rare characters leading the polls.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I can't help but wonder if Nintendo will be baffled by two Rare characters leading the polls.
Well a lot of the next characters they add should be rare ones.

Banjo
Dixie
K. Rool

And once Wolf is back, Krystal should probably join the fight too.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That would imply they were painfully out of touch with the fans, haha. :p

:231:
Something they've tried very hard to appear not to be. But I still don't have my official Mother 3 localization, so...

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Sakurai seems to be more interested in DLC now. How many characters do you think we'll be seeing?
I think maybe 3 outside of Ryu, Roy, Mewtwo, and Lucas. Though, we could be getting more just due to how long the voting period is.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Playing DK64 for the first time, now I can see why you guys support K. Rool, his personality is pretty appealing and distinct.
I think K. Rool would've been in Brawl if Rare hadn't been sold by Nintendo, Rare looked like they knew exactly what to do with K. Rool and how they could've made him a more popular Nintendo character with potential DK sequels they have been planning, now Nintendo doesn't really know what to do with him and Kremlings right now, he hasn't been a relevant villain in such a long time. It's a bit of a sad story for me.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Playing DK64 for the first time, now I can see why you guys support K. Rool, his personality is pretty appealing and distinct.
I think K. Rool would've been in Brawl if Rare hadn't been sold by Nintendo, Rare looked like they knew exactly what to do with K. Rool and how they could've made him a more popular Nintendo character with potential DK sequels they have been planning, now Nintendo doesn't really know what to do with him and Kremlings right now, he hasn't been a relevant villain in such a long time. It's a bit of a sad story.

It is!

K.Rool basically became victim to the experiments they did with the DK games over the last few years.

One famous example is Jungle Beat. I love the game, but the Bongo-centric gameplay didn't flow well with the Kremlings, so other enemies were designed to suit the new controls better. (i.e. Punch out-esque boxing sequences with other monkeys)

After Retro took over the DKC franchise, things started to get better, yet it is understandable that they wanted to leave their own footnote in the DKC-history with original enemy designs. Tiki Tong at least had a swollen eye like the King and Sir Fredrik and his vikings were a nice nod towards the Pirate Kremlings from DKC2.

None of these concept however seems to come close to the genius design of K.Rool and the Kremlings, according to fans around the globe. Let's hope that, if retro ever did a new DKC, they would include the old Krew!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
To be honest I'm indifferent to the possibility of DLC modes. Just give me characters, stages, and maybe some alt costumes and music. The lack of any stages announced besides Miiverse is worrying to me.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Remember how Sakurai said, in interview, that future DLC would depend on the success of Mewtwo? I think that this is true with regard to the six current spots (the known two, Roy, Ryu, and two more), and that there's an unknown number of future spots planned based on the success of the first six characters.

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
2 things, do we know for certain Ryu is going to be a character, and does anybody else starting to think October (or whenever) is too far away for the Ballot deadline?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Afraid K. Rool will lose his leading position? :troll:
I'm not too worried considering most people who want to vote will have voted already. The only real concern is vote spammers at this point.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Random question: Are DK: King of Swing & DK: Jungle Climber good games?

I'm aware that they don't play like the Donkey Kong Country/Land/64/Jungle Beat games or as well known but the Wii U Virtual Console release of the GBA game is kinda tempting me (and I have a feeling that Nintendo willl release the DS game on the Wii U Virtual Consoles eventually too).

StormC

Smash Hero
King Of Swing is pretty good. It's not great, but it's well made and has a lot of fun DKC fanservice. Jungle Climber is legitimately fantastic, on the other hand, and a huge improvement on King Of Swing.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
How would you guys feel about King K. Rool showing up as a guest in Pokken Wii U instead of Sm4sh? I was thinking about this and think it'd be hilarious.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
How would you guys feel about King K. Rool showing up as a guest in Pokken Wii U instead of Sm4sh? I was thinking about this and think it'd be hilarious.
My first question would be "What? Of all the characters."

My next reaction would be "Great. Now we have to convince people he's not a Pokemon character."

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
My first question would be "What? Of all the characters."

My next reaction would be "Great. Now we have to convince people he's not a Pokemon character."
"I'd like to see K. Rool in Smash, but last time I checked he and the Kremlings were owned by the Pokemon Company. He's third party."

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
After watching Donkey Kong the animated series and looking at dozens of Expand Dong jokes I now have more appreciation for the King and it'd be pretty funny to see him in. Although I still think he'd feel more out of place, even more than Ryu.

His final smash could involve summoning the powers of the crystal coconut.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
After watching Donkey Kong the animated series and looking at dozens of Expand Dong jokes I now have more appreciation for the King and it'd be pretty funny to see him in. Although I still think he'd feel more out of place, even more than Ryu.

His final smash could involve summoning the powers of the crystal coconut.
The way I see it is if someone like Wario can fit in this game, K. Rool could SURELY fit.

Top Bottom