• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Agree, the plot is starting to thicken now, in a good way.

Was playing DKC2 on my SNES a few days ago, and thought that one of his custom specials for his potential crown throw move could be similar to the "Hook" Kremling enemies in DKC2. Where the said enemy throws the white hook and it comes back like a boomerang.
Based on Mewtwo I don't think custom specials for K Rool is much of a consideration anymore.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Based on Mewtwo I don't think custom specials for K Rool is much of a consideration anymore.
Yeah I don't think so either. I'm TOTALLY fine with the dlc's not having customs though. I take the logic as "less customs, more time for dlc?"

Volaro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Volaro
3DS FC
2707-2096-3929
Sign me up as a supporter! I may not have beaten the OG DKC games, but K. Rool has such a cool design and possibilities for a unique moveset, along with the history in a franchise that could definitely use a new character. also I like big and heavy types.

Got one of my twitter thangs retweeted from you guys a week or so ago about the Diddy Drop Rap (from the cartoon) before I started posting on here. Got a pretty good laugh about that, lol.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Sign me up as a supporter! I may not have beaten the OG DKC games, but K. Rool has such a cool design and possibilities for a unique moveset, along with the history in a franchise that could definitely use a new character. also I like big and heavy types.

Got one of my twitter thangs retweeted from you guys a week or so ago about the Diddy Drop Rap (from the cartoon) before I started posting on here. Got a pretty good laugh about that, lol.

Welkome aboard, Kutthroat!

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Welcome
Edit::4greninja:'d

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Everytime I see that clip, I never cease to be impressed by DK's singing voice, especially compared to K Rool's VA.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Customs always seemed like a waste of development time to me, wasn't disappointed at all that Mewtwo has none. While K. Rool could utilize them more effectively than half the roster, I'd only be playing vanilla Rool anyway :p

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think King K Rool has a great chance now since he is leading in both the Japanese and US polls. Plus the DK series itself is extremely underrepresented (no way Kirby, Kid Icarus, or Fire Emblem should have more reps).

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So I've been playing dk64 the past two days. I've been kind of 100%'ing as I go. Is there reason to go for 100%? No spoilers just yes or no pls n thx! :)

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I was browsing around the other day, and found these pictures of the Star Fox crew drawn as a Hanna Barbera cartoon. Maybe an artist here can draw King K. Rool like that? I'd love to see it.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I find that I'm really getting the hang of this whole DK64 thing. Beware my Diddy popguns.

I do wish that Dixie was here instead of Tiny, or Funky and Cranky instead of Chunky and Lankey, but I can't really complain.

Imagine DK64 spiritual successor with Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, Funky, and Cranky, with K Rool back as the antagonist, of course. I also wouldn't mind a Kremling defector as a playable character. I mean, K Lumsy is on your side at the start of DK64 once you agree to help him, so there's that.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I find that I'm really getting the hang of this whole DK64 thing. Beware my Diddy popguns.

I do wish that Dixie was here instead of Tiny, or Funky and Cranky instead of Chunky and Lankey, but I can't really complain.

Imagine DK64 spiritual successor with Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, Funky, and Cranky, with K Rool back as the antagonist, of course. I also wouldn't mind a Kremling defector as a playable character. I mean, K Lumsy is on your side at the start of DK64 once you agree to help him, so there's that.
Kongs like Chunky, Tiny and Lanky kind of make dk64 that oddball individual game that it is. So I'm cool with the characters. Dixie isn't known for being small so i see why Tiny was created. But I've been switching off between dk64 and smash bros.

a dk64 game without Lanky would cause an uproar.

especially from 4chan

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I wonder why Chunky was excluded from DK Barrel Blast and why he doesn't have a trophy in Smash Wii U.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wonder why Chunky was excluded from DK Barrel Blast and why he doesn't have a trophy in Smash Wii U.
I dunno; like Kiddy he's kind of been forgotten. At least he had a sticker in Brawl. Maybe we'll see a resurgence of Kong family members down the line.

@ Schnee117 Schnee117 Hey; Lanky was my favorite playable character as a kid. All his moves were so awesome. I've always liked him, 4chan be damned.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Customs always seemed like a waste of development time to me, wasn't disappointed at all that Mewtwo has none. While K. Rool could utilize them more effectively than half the roster, I'd only be playing vanilla Rool anyway :p
I don't mind a lack of customs either, especially given that For Glory is my main source of multiplayer. Moreover, I feel that for the vast majority of characters you can get pretty much every reference you want in there anyway.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Unless lack of customs means they'll crank out more DLC characters more quickly, it just seems kind of stupid to have them missing them, and makes them seem kind of out of place.

It'd be nice if once all the DLC characters are out, we got a patch that added moves for all of them.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
uhhhhh guys.....I heard rumors that now Shovel Knight is #1 for most requested
hmmm........
I doubt he'll get in. As a third party he really doesn't compare to the others in Smash Bros and there's likely to be more than one character added via the Ballot. One character added through that whilst getting a bunch of Jokahs veterans plus Ryu would be really disappointing in all honesty.

@ Schnee117 Schnee117 Hey; Lanky was my favorite playable character as a kid. All his moves were so awesome. I've always liked him, 4chan be damned.
Then it obviously isn't aimed at you.
If he hadn't become a meme he wouldn't be at his current levels of "popularity"

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
hmmm........
Rumor are rumors, and considering he has neither a Japanese release or a substantial Japanese fanbase, he's really not competition. At the very least, K. Rool has both of those things. And is still more often than not topping polls over here as well.

I wouldn't worry about Shovel Knight. :shades:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
hmmm........
That was on a poll on Reddit I believe, where Shovel Knight seems to be particularly popular for some reason. If you ask Smashboards I doubt he will get such high scores. I'm sure he will not even be considered for the sole fact he's a third-party nowhere near the level of fame current third-party in Smash have anyway. (Not to mention no Japanese release...)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
If K.Rool gets no customs (which is unfortunately likely), it'll be a real waste of potential. But honestly, then again, even if he did get customs, they would likely still just be modifications of the original moves, as having them be unique would cost more time and money, and we all know how much Sora Ltd. scrambles their heads over the former of the two prices :p

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Yeah, trust me, as long as Shovel Knight stays the hell away from Japan, he has zero chance of being in Smash... That is until someone inevitably makes a Japanese patch of the game or somethin'

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Shovel Knight's popularity already peaked in the wake of him getting Smashified. I don't want to say he's a fad, because his game sounds legitimately good, but let's just say he shouldn't be a cause for concern here.

It's weird that we aren't getting customs for DLC characters, at least yet, but I'm only really disappointed for OCD reasons. I never really use them anyway, so K. Rool not getting "Big Cannonball" or "Windy Crown" as moves isn't that big a deal for me (because they'd almost certainly be moves akin to that, rather than Palutena-style moves).

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
(Not to mention no Japanese release...)
That's the last nail in the :109: for Shovel Knight imo, so I wouldn't really worry about him. So far, so good, K. Rool is one of the most requested possible characters out there, and I'm 100% sure he will be considered at least, or reconsidered due to fan demand if he had been already scrapped in development because of Sakurai nonsense.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Don't tell you people are really afraid of Shovel Knight taking a spot.

His game is multi-platform (I've played it on PC) AND he hasn't been released in Japan. Yeah, he's surely getting in.... :troll:

:231:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Unless lack of customs means they'll crank out more DLC characters more quickly, it just seems kind of stupid to have them missing them, and makes them seem kind of out of place.

It'd be nice if once all the DLC characters are out, we got a patch that added moves for all of them.
To be fair, Mewtwo did have unfinished custom moves. I still think they're coming out in an update but I seriously doubt we will get anymore characters due to forgoing customs.

showmeyourmoves54

Smash Cadet
NNID
MTGBIGGZ
Yeah, trust me, as long as Shovel Knight stays the hell away from Japan, he has zero chance of being in Smash... That is until someone inevitably makes a Japanese patch of the game or somethin'
now I imagine someone going to Japan and tell people about him, and then someone punches
the guy and just loudly shouts NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's kind of a shame, really. I haven't played the game (yet), but Shovel Knight sounds like they'd be a pretty awesome character and I love the design.

If they weren't multiplatform and had a Japanese released I'd definitely be more inclined!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Aside from being multi-platform Shovel Knight has extra content on the other consoles.
PS4 version has a Kratos boss battle.
Xbox One version has the Battletoads.
Wii U has no extra content as far as I'm aware.

Top Bottom