• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Considering that Playtonic Games have shown their interest in amiibo compatibility then King K. Rool in Smash would be even more awesome if it means that he would have his own amiibo that would unlock an easter egg kameo in Project Ukulele :awesome:

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Additional thoughts:

Rare will design K Rool when he is added.
Sakurai was not able to return to anyone when it came to how to bring back the character- he enjoys talking to the creators of characters to get the 'okay', and I think that is one thing that keeps him from putting in a lot of content from DK (Retro was just getting started, they are no authority).

I believe we may get Banjo, and in fact, an entire Rare inspired collaboration, for this.I'm not sure anyone at Rare is there from DK glory days- but I do believe this theory could be true.
No. Never. It's not happening. Rare belongs to Microsoft. Microsoft is one of Nintendo's competitors. I'm actually starting to get nervous now, because Rare fans are cannibalizing the K. Rool vote by supporting a character who will never be playable. The 90s are over. Rare is not coming back. Banjo is not coming back. I remember all of the crazy rumors from a few years ago about how Nintendo bought the Banjo IP and Retro Studios was working on a new Banjo-Kazooie title. It's just wishful thinking. However, that wishful thinking has a cost. Instead of rallying behind other Rare creations like K. Rool and Dixie, people are supporting a character who will essentially never be playable. If there were "no issues" regarding Banjo, he would have been playable in Diddy Kong Racing DS. Instead, he was replaced by Tiny Kong. Phil Spencer was just trying to shut up all of the people harassing him about it on Twitter.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
No. Never. It's not happening. Rare belongs to Microsoft. Microsoft is one of Nintendo's competitors. I'm actually starting to get nervous now, because Rare fans are cannibalizing the K. Rool vote by supporting a character who will never be playable. The 90s are over. Rare is not coming back. Banjo is not coming back. I remember all of the crazy rumors from a few years ago about how Nintendo bought the Banjo IP and Retro Studios was working on a new Banjo-Kazooie title. It's just wishful thinking. However, that wishful thinking has a cost. Instead of rallying behind other Rare creations like K. Rool and Dixie, people are supporting a character who will essentially never be playable. If there were "no issues" regarding Banjo, he would have been playable in Diddy Kong Racing DS. Instead, he was replaced by Tiny Kong. Phil Spencer was just trying to shut up all of the people harassing him about it on Twitter.
I have had hope for Banjo since before Phil's tweet- I don't actually see it as meaning much, in regard to Banjo's likelihood, because it is Nintendo who would need to find reason to add him. What company would turn down Smash inclusion?
The thing Phil's tweet DID do, was get Banjo back on the map. He was always a good idea in terms of basic 'character we want,' but his support was completely silenced because the community felt it had no standing. Even if I personally don't find Phil's tweet to mean anything, it has launched optimism for Banjo, and that is a good thing.

Megaman could have been in Brawl- the creator himself said he would have liked to have been approached. This changed, of course, for Sm4sh. I am not saying Banjo will make it in, but thinking 'he would have if he could have' is beyond illogical. Nintendo and Microsoft would just need to come to an understanding of what they could both gain out of Banjo's inclusion- and the fact is, the could both win from it. In fact, DK64 being added to the VC is additional backing for good things to come (though, surely, no definitive indication).
We have noticed a lot of protocol that is being changes by Nintendo- mobile ventures, new customer service/Nintedo Club reboot, increased indie support, IP lending (Pokken, Hyrule Warriors, Puzzle Mario game), microtransactions and DLC--- literaly, each one of those things is a big deal, something is happening at Nintendo.

I'm not claiming Banjo is owned by Nintendo, or that he is even likely or not. I never would have personally thought Snake made any sense, promoting other systems and all. However, if ever there were a chance to strike in regard to rallying together for Banjo- now is the time; not only have we been given motivation, but we have been given a voice, through the vote.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Lol... Anyway... Maybe needs some help the Playtonic Games, the actual K. Rool's creators.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Nintendo and Microsoft would just need to come to an understanding of what they could both gain out of Banjo's inclusion- and the fact is, the could both win from it. In fact, DK64 being added to the VC is additional backing for good things to come (though, surely, no definitive indication).
I'm not going to argue about Banjo, but I wouldn't really use DK64 as a supportive point for him. DK64 is still owned by Nintendo and even Rare has commented that they weren't sure why it wasn't on the Wii VC to begin with, so there's probably not as many problems with getting that game on VC as there would be with getting Banjo in Smash.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm not going to argue about Banjo, but I wouldn't really use DK64 as a supportive point for him. DK64 is still owned by Nintendo and even Rare has commented that they weren't sure why it wasn't on the Wii VC to begin with, so there's probably not as many problems with getting that game on VC as there would be with getting Banjo in Smash.
I used it as a point that it only could help, not hurt, followed by a list of other immense changes which could support Banjo, as well as the reasons to stay motivated, and with a particularly poignant comparison to the Snake situation.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Since everybody seems to be doing this, here's my take on K. Rool
I just made my write-up in a komplete moveset.
Enjoy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neutral B:
Kannonball:

At first glance, it seems the same as Bowser Jr's Cannon, a moderately big cannonball traveling in a straight line before falling down and dealing knockback to whoever it hits.
However, when the Kannonball touches the ground, it changes in a spikeball, which deal moderate damage and knock the opponent directly away from the spikeball, potentially to K. Rool.

The shot can be aimed diagonally downwards for an instant spikeball, or diagonally up for a deceiving lob.

Vacuum:
If there are two Spikeballs on the stage already, the Blunderbuss turns into a vacuum when using the move.
This vacuum can be used to place the balls somewhere else, to store the spikeballs for another moment or to suck up items and opponents.
If an opponent is sucked in the Blunderbuss, you can press B again to let out an explosion that knocks the enemy away.

Neutral B2:
Bouncing Ball

The Kannonball bounces one time when it touches the ground before it gains it spikes.
Can be aimed.

Neutral B3:
Klobberball

The ball is twice as big and does insane knockback, but it disappears when it touches the ground and cannot be aimed.
The vacuum attack does more knockback.

Overall analysis:
The Kannonball can be used in two ways: a normal projectile that acts as a wall, or a trap.
When used in the first way, King K. Rool would want to force the opponent in another trap with this move, instead of outright hitting them with the Kannonball.

When used the second way, King. K Rool gains stage control and can move the spikeballs around with the vacuum or hit opponents with them when stuck in a trap.

King K. Rool also wants to hit the enemy in a stationary spikeball for a potential kill confirm.

Side B:
King's Krown:

King K. Rool throws his crown.
The Krown is fully controllable before it returns back to his head after a few seconds and sweeps opponents with it. (Like Water Shuriken)

When you press B again, the Krown flies back to K. Rools head, dealing minor damage and knockback on the way back.
King K. Rool himself cannot be controlled while the Krown is off his head, he instead looks at the screen like in DKC.

Side B2:
Krown Kollapse

The Krown explodes when it hits an opponent, dealing heavy knockback.

Side B3:
Kilometer Krown

The Krown lasts twice as long, but cannot be controlled

Overall Analysis:
This attack is for getting the opponents in your heavier traps (like Klouds and Elekroctution).
It is also K. Rools most potent projectile, despite the fact K. Rool is a sitting duck while performing it.

Using this attack wisely can change the situation completely and can turn the game into an advantage for K. Rool in any situation.

Up B:
Butt Bounce:

The King bounces up and down three times, going higher each time.
Every time he drops on the ground (not in the air!) , he makes a shockwave appear and buries opponents.
For the last time, he comes down on his fat belly and KOs opponents unlucky to be smashed by his butt.

The last slam does have quite a bit of lag, but it can be cancelled, but decide wisely. It is a very powerful attack!

Up B2:
Jump Bounce:

This Kustom turns King K. Rool's Butt Bounce in DeDeDe's Super DeDeDe Jump.

Up B3:
Shock Bounce

The shockwaves are bigger and kill, but his butt won't bury nor kill

Overall Analyisis:
King K. Rool wants to use this special pretty often, since it has two boons to his play.

The green shockwaves can make opponents uneasy so they make bad decisions, and the hit on his butt has a powerful burying effect.
Opponents hit by it are set up for the KO-ing belly slam.

The fact K. Rool can cancel the last it makes it a less risky maneuver, although when opponents are buried, it's generally wise to not cancel it, since the belly slam deals so much knockback and damage.

DownB:
Gas Klouds

King K. Rool holds his Blunderbuss and shoots a gas Kloud in front of him.
Charging makes the effects of the Kloud different.

Stage 1: Freeze
Anyone who touches the Kloud freezes.

Stage 2: Lip's Flower
Anyone who touches the Kloud gains a Lips Flower

Stage 3: Reverse Kontrols
Anyone who touches the Kloud has his controls reversed.

Stage 4: Slowed
Anyone touching the Kloud is slowed.

Down B2:
KO Kloud

The Klouds now deal knockback, getting heavier at each charge, with the last stage being able to kill at 100%
The Klouds do not bring any extra effects though.

DownB3:
Big Kloud

The Klouds are bigger, but the effects are smaller.

Overall Analysis:
This is K. Rools main trap, with the slowing Kloud being the bnb of K. Rools game.
This is what K. Rool wants to achieve. He want opponents to fear that Kloud.
A good K. Rool would ruthlessly use that fear to trump the opponent.

The Freeze, Lip and Kontrol Klouds all have their uses too, and can instill fear to the opponent just the same.

The Freeze Kloud can be a potent and easy ledge guard,
Lip Kloud can be a semi-Pikmim, making opponents shield and delivering you easy damage.
The Kontrol Kloud, along with being the most cruel edgeguard ever, might screw up your opponent in a crucial moment.

Final Smash:
Laaandmastuhr

Kredits
King K. Rool gets launched off screen, and the screen says KAME!
Then, after the usual slowdown off the screen, Kredits come and sweep the opponent off-screen.

Tilts:
Jab: Jabs two times with his boxing gloves
FTilt: Headbutts. Quite slow, but quite powerful too
UTilt: Jumps up and does an uppercut.
DTilt: Places down a Klaptrap that bites opponents.
Dash Attack: Uses his blunderbuss to dash forward.

Smashes:
Forward Smash:
Headbutts the opponent.
Charging animation is him charging the blunderbuss. His most powerful move.

Down Smash:
King K. Rool places down two electric pods at his sides that give a paralysing shock after two seconds
Very slow, but King K. Rool can act before the pods attack, so he can Krown opponents.

Up Smash:
King K. Rool fires a cannonball up that falls down again right before his feet after a second.
Works perfectly if used in conjunction with the knockback from the spikeballs

Aerials:
Neutral air: The helicopter pack malfunctions, spinning K. Rool around.
Forward air: King K. Rool places his Krown in the air, which spins three times before exploding.
It's power is weak, but the animation resembles that of the Side Special, which the opponent should definitely fear.
A great trick!
King K. Rool does have lag on this move, where he looks at the camera.
It only lasts two spins though.

Back air: King K. Rool charges the Blunderbuss, which changes in color, and lets out an explosion after quickly turning the blunderbuss

Up air: The helicopter pack's blades spin around.
Has a momentum canceling effect.

Down air: King K. Rool spreads its arms and falls down on its belly, falls to the floor, and... bounces up again and lands normally.
Like Fair, this move resembles a powerful special move, but is weaker than its special counterpart.
In this case, the Dair resembles the powerful last hit of the Butt Bounce, but it's still pretty powerful in its own right as it has some KO Power, but the Butt Bounce is still twice as powerful!

Grabs and Throws
Pummel
: K. Rool punches the opponent in the face
Foward Throw: The infamous Krokodile Death Roll
Back Throw: K. Rool turns around and throws the opponent away like a bowling ball.
Down Throw: King K. Rool butt bounces on his opponents
UThrow: King K. Rool throws his Krown upwards.

Overall Playstyle:
King K. Rool is our first trap character, and he fully depends on them.
His attacks are normally too slow to hit, but when the opponent is Elekrockuted, Klouded, Buried, or knocked towards K. Rool by a spikeball, these slow attacks become perfectly viable for killing.

Of course, the Kunning King isn't just waiting for opponents to step into a trap, he has his ways to do.
The Kannonball forms a wall that opponents can't deny, Spikeballs hinder mobility and make the opponents ping-pong around the stage, his Krown outright forces his opponents in traps and his Butt Bounce's shockwaves makes the opponent make bad decisions.

And when the King succeeded in getting the opponent trapped, he has a plethora of options as well.
USmash works great in conjunction with the knockback Spikeballs give, Butt Bounce and Forward Smash are great finishers.

Of course, trickery is still in K. Rools arsenal, this time in the form of two attacks whose animation resembles a special move quite a bit.
These traps can lend K. Rool a hard read and a hit of his hard belly, but use them sparely, since opponents can see it coming.
A Kunning mind is needed!

The Kustom Kroc
Kustoms turn King. K. Rool in a traditional heavyweight, where all of his normal traps KO earlier than normal, or get opponents off-stage, lending a positional advantage, but he loses the Default Krown that gets opponents in these traps in the first place, the slowing effect from the Default Klouds or the Kannonball that lends K. Rool incredible stage control.

A more konditioning playstyle is asked, but can work just the same, especially since these Kustoms kill earlier than the rest of K. Rools arsenal.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I used it as a point that it only could help, not hurt, followed by a list of other immense changes which could support Banjo, as well as the reasons to stay motivated, and with a particularly poignant comparison to the Snake situation.
It doesn't hurt, but I wouldn't say it helps. DK64 is owned by Nintendo and thus has a lot less to deal with to get on the Wii U VC, Banjo is still owned by another company and thus would have more issues by comparison since it involves two entirely different companies negotiating. It's like trying to pull out a weed compared to pulling out a 6 foot tree, one has a lot more issues with getting the job done then when compared to the other.

I'm not going to say that you shouldn't vote for him as there is a chance, but I can't say those reasons are reflective of the exact situation Banjo is in.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Yep, which is why we've got to be encouraging people to vote our way, right up until the end. The worst thing we can do is just assume we're at the top and stop doing anything to guarantee we stay there...kind of like "The Tortoise and the Hare," in a way.

On the subject of Inklings, though, I think they're already a lock. Nintendo won't want to chance being able to promote that game on a poll, so they'll happen just so long as they're remotely popular at all on the ballot. We're angling for the one or two other remaining spots.
Other than the inkling part in my opinion, I couldn't have said it better myself. Voting and good REASONING in our voting is key and we shouldn't ever assume "K. Rool is probably going to lose because blazza blazza." This is why this thread exists and there are 1000's of K. Rool fans globally to back him up on every existing poll.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I imagine K Rool would receive a tail. As much as I like the character, I always hated how he didn't have a tail in the show or his most recent appearances. Without it he looks more like a frog with a crocodile's head. Then again...his trophies in Melee, Brawl, and Sm4sh didn't have a tail...

We're doomed.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Since everybody seems to be doing this, here's my take on K. Rool
I just made my write-up in a komplete moveset.
Enjoy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neutral B:
Kannonball:

At first glance, it seems the same as Bowser Jr's Cannon, a moderately big cannonball traveling in a straight line before falling down and dealing knockback to whoever it hits.
However, when the Kannonball touches the ground, it changes in a spikeball, which deal moderate damage and knock the opponent directly away from the spikeball, potentially to K. Rool.

The shot can be aimed diagonally downwards for an instant spikeball, or diagonally up for a deceiving lob.

Vacuum:
If there are two Spikeballs on the stage already, the Blunderbuss turns into a vacuum when using the move.
This vacuum can be used to place the balls somewhere else, to store the spikeballs for another moment or to suck up items and opponents.
If an opponent is sucked in the Blunderbuss, you can press B again to let out an explosion that knocks the enemy away.

Neutral B2:
Bouncing Ball

The Kannonball bounces one time when it touches the ground before it gains it spikes.
Can be aimed.

Neutral B3:
Klobberball

The ball is twice as big and does insane knockback, but it disappears when it touches the ground and cannot be aimed.
The vacuum attack does more knockback.

Overall analysis:
The Kannonball can be used in two ways: a normal projectile that acts as a wall, or a trap.
When used in the first way, King K. Rool would want to force the opponent in another trap with this move, instead of outright hitting them with the Kannonball.

When used the second way, King. K Rool gains stage control and can move the spikeballs around with the vacuum or hit opponents with them when stuck in a trap.

King K. Rool also wants to hit the enemy in a stationary spikeball for a potential kill confirm.
Yeah, this is great, I like this.

Side B:
King's Krown:

King K. Rool throws his crown.
The Krown is fully controllable before it returns back to his head after a few seconds and sweeps opponents with it. (Like Water Shuriken)

King K. Rool himself cannot be controlled while the Krown is off his head, he instead looks at the screen like in DKC.

Side B2:
Krown Kollapse

The Krown explodes when it hits an opponent, dealing heavy knockback.

Side B3:
Kilometer Krown

The Krown lasts twice as long, but cannot be controlled

Overall Analysis:
This attack is for getting the opponents in your heavier traps (like Klouds and Elekroctution).
It is also K. Rools most potent projectile, despite the fact K. Rool is a sitting duck while performing it.

Using this attack wisely can change the situation completely and can turn the game into an advantage for K. Rool in any situation.
I'm personally not certain how well this would work, partially because of DI, and partially because dodging the krown would be so easy. The vulnerability is too great if you ask me. The potential synergy with traps is nice, but I can't see this working effectively.

Up B:
Butt Bounce:

The King bounces up and down three times, going higher each time.
Every time he drops on the ground (not in the air!) , he makes a shockwave appear and buries opponents.
For the last time, he comes down on his fat belly and KOs opponents unlucky to be smashed by his butt.

The last slam does have quite a bit of lag, but it can be cancelled, but decide wisely. It is a very powerful attack!

Up B2:
Jump Bounce:

This Kustom turns King K. Rool's Butt Bounce in DeDeDe's Super DeDeDe Jump.

Up B3:
Shock Bounce

The shockwaves are bigger and kill, but his butt won't bury nor kill

Overall Analyisis:
King K. Rool wants to use this special pretty often, since it has two boons to his play.

The green shockwaves can make opponents uneasy so they make bad decisions, and the hit on his butt has a powerful burying effect.
Opponents hit by it are set up for the KO-ing belly slam.

The fact K. Rool can cancel the last it makes it a less risky maneuver, although when opponents are buried, it's generally wise to not cancel it, since the belly slam deals so much knockback and damage.
"For the last time, he comes down on his fat belly and KOs opponents unlucky to be smashed by his butt."
Intended?
I'm not sure about this one. I'm getting the impression that it's like Dedede's UpB, except that if you recover without grabbing the ledge you're forced to bounce 1.5 times, which makes it pretty terrible simply because of how much of a sitting duck you become. I'd stick with the generic helicopter pack.

DownB:
Gas Klouds

King K. Rool holds his Blunderbuss and shoots a gas Kloud in front of him.
Charging makes the effects of the Kloud different.

Stage 1: Freeze
Anyone who touches the Kloud freezes.

Stage 2: Lip's Flower
Anyone who touches the Kloud gains a Lips Flower

Stage 3: Reverse Kontrols
Anyone who touches the Kloud has his controls reversed.

Stage 4: Slowed
Anyone touching the Kloud is slowed.

Down B2:
KO Kloud

The Klouds now deal knockback, getting heavier at each charge, with the last stage being able to kill at 100%
The Klouds do not bring any extra effects though.

DownB3:
Big Kloud

The Klouds are bigger, but the effects are smaller.

Overall Analysis:
This is K. Rools main trap, with the slowing Kloud being the bnb of K. Rools game.
This is what K. Rool wants to achieve. He want opponents to fear that Kloud.
A good K. Rool would ruthlessly use that fear to trump the opponent.

The Freeze, Lip and Kontrol Klouds all have their uses too, and can instill fear to the opponent just the same.

The Freeze Kloud can be a potent and easy ledge guard,
Lip Kloud can be a semi-Pikmim, making opponents shield and delivering you easy damage.
The Kontrol Kloud, along with being the most cruel edgeguard ever, might screw up your opponent in a crucial moment.
Wait, is it a moving projectile or not?
Either way, very nasty. Nasty nasty nasty.

Final Smash:
Laaandmastuhr

Kredits
King K. Rool gets launched off screen, and the screen says KAME!
Then, after the usual slowdown off the screen, Kredits come and sweep the opponent off-screen.
Wait, faked defeat combined with a lethal kredits roll? This is fantastic.

Tilts:
Jab: Jabs two times with his boxing gloves
FTilt: Headbutts. Quite slow, but quite powerful too
UTilt: Jumps up and does an uppercut.
DTilt: Places down a Klaptrap that bites opponents.
Dash Attack: Uses his blunderbuss to dash forward.
Dash attack is sweet.

Smashes:
Forward Smash:
Headbutts the opponent.
Charging animation is him charging the blunderbuss. His most powerful move.

Down Smash:
King K. Rool places down two electric pods at his sides that give a paralysing shock after two seconds
Very slow, but King K. Rool can act before the pods attack, so he can Krown opponents.

Up Smash:
King K. Rool fires a cannonball up that falls down again right before his feet after a second.
Works perfectly if used in conjunction with the knockback from the spikeballs
Wait, so his charged forward smash looks like his neutral B? That's sweet. Keeps them on their toes. Also, downS dropping a trap is pretty swell too. Nasty for edgeguarding for sure.

Aerials:
Neutral air: The helicopter pack malfunctions, spinning K. Rool around.
Forward air: King K. Rool places his Krown in the air, which spins three times before exploding.
It's power is weak, but the animation resembles that of the Side Special, which the opponent should definitely fear.
A great trick!
King K. Rool does have lag on this move, where he looks at the camera.
It only lasts two spins though.

Back air: King K. Rool charges the Blunderbuss, which changes in color, and lets out an explosion after quickly turning the blunderbuss

Up air: The helicopter pack's blades spin around.
Has a momentum canceling effect.

Down air: King K. Rool spreads its arms and falls down on its belly, falls to the floor, and... bounces up again and lands normally.
Like Fair, this move resembles a powerful special move, but is weaker than its special counterpart.
In this case, the Dair resembles the powerful last hit of the Butt Bounce, but it's still pretty powerful in its own right as it has some KO Power, but the Butt Bounce is still twice as powerful!
The issue with fAir is that, well, would you use the krown in mid air? Also, is the vulnerability worth fooling opponents?
Also why does the blunderbuss change colour in the bAir?

Grabs and Throws
Pummel
: K. Rool punches the opponent in the face
Foward Throw: The infamous Krokodile Death Roll
Back Throw: K. Rool turns around and throws the opponent away like a bowling ball.
Down Throw: King K. Rool butt bounces on his opponents
UThrow: King K. Rool throws his Krown upwards.
Sounds alright.

Overall Playstyle:
King K. Rool is our first trap character, and he fully depends on them.
His attacks are normally too slow to hit, but when the opponent is Elekrockuted, Klouded, Buried, or knocked towards K. Rool by a spikeball, these slow attacks become perfectly viable for killing.

Of course, the Kunning King isn't just waiting for opponents to step into a trap, he has his ways to do.
The Kannonball forms a wall that opponents can't deny, Spikeballs hinder mobility and make the opponents ping-pong around the stage, his Krown outright forces his opponents in traps and his Butt Bounce's shockwaves makes the opponent make bad decisions.

And when the King succeeded in getting the opponent trapped, he has a plethora of options as well.
USmash works great in conjunction with the knockback Spikeballs give, Butt Bounce and Forward Smash are great finishers.

Of course, trickery is still in K. Rools arsenal, this time in the form of two attacks whose animation resembles a special move quite a bit.
These traps can lend K. Rool a hard read and a hit of his hard belly, but use them sparely, since opponents can see it coming.
A Kunning mind is needed!

The Kustom Kroc
Kustoms turn King. K. Rool in a traditional heavyweight, where all of his normal traps KO earlier than normal, or get opponents off-stage, lending a positional advantage, but he loses the Default Krown that gets opponents in these traps in the first place, the slowing effect from the Default Klouds or the Kannonball that lends K. Rool incredible stage control.

A more konditioning playstyle is asked, but can work just the same, especially since these Kustoms kill earlier than the rest of K. Rools arsenal.
Overall a pretty good moveset, though there are still some things that need changing/clarification.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I imagine K Rool would receive a tail. As much as I like the character, I always hated how he didn't have a tail in the show or his most recent appearances. Without it he looks more like a frog with a crocodile's head. Then again...his trophies in Melee, Brawl, and Sm4sh didn't have a tail...

We're doomed.
Actually his trophy in Melee DID have a tail if you turned it around a bit more.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yeah, this is great, I like this.

I'm personally not certain how well this would work, partially because of DI, and partially because dodging the krown would be so easy. The vulnerability is too great if you ask me. The potential synergy with traps is nice, but I can't see this working effectively.

The Krown can be controlled completely, so you can chase airdodges with it.

"For the last time, he comes down on his fat belly and KOs opponents unlucky to be smashed by his butt."
Intended?
I'm not sure about this one. I'm getting the impression that it's like Dedede's UpB, except that if you recover without grabbing the ledge you're forced to bounce 1.5 times, which makes it pretty terrible simply because of how much of a sitting duck you become. I'd stick with the generic helicopter pack.

The opponent can be buried by the butt.

That's why it's smart to grab the ledge.

Wait, is it a moving projectile or not?
Either way, very nasty. Nasty nasty nasty.

It's a trap that can be placed down.
It's not a moving projectile, but it sticks around for awhile

Wait, faked defeat combined with a lethal kredits roll? This is fantastic.

Dash attack is sweet.

Wait, so his charged forward smash looks like his neutral B? That's sweet. Keeps them on their toes. Also, downS dropping a trap is pretty swell too. Nasty for edgeguarding for sure.

The issue with fAir is that, well, would you use the krown in mid air? Also, is the vulnerability worth fooling opponents?
Also why does the blunderbuss change colour in the bAir?

To resemble Down B's animation

Sounds alright.

Overall a pretty good moveset, though there are still some things that need changing/clarification.
What'd help the Krown to be less awful?
Ability to cancel?
Longer duration?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yep, which is why we've got to be encouraging people to vote our way, right up until the end. The worst thing we can do is just assume we're at the top and stop doing anything to guarantee we stay there...kind of like "The Tortoise and the Hare," in a way.

On the subject of Inklings, though, I think they're already a lock. Nintendo won't want to chance being able to promote that game on a poll, so they'll happen just so long as they're remotely popular at all on the ballot. We're angling for the one or two other remaining spots.
Ugh, I didn't even think about Fire Emblem If. That's going to be a real pain in the rear.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh hell yes.

Did he? I must have misremembered. But I know for a fact that Smash 4's trophy didn't have one.
I think it might be because Melee uses the old K. Rool design with golden tummy, whereas Smash 4 uses the design used in more recent games.

What'd help the Krown to be less awful?
Ability to cancel?
Longer duration?
A pseudo-cancel, maybe. Instead of outright canceling it, the krown immediately loops back and quickly heads for K. Rool's snug scaly noggin. He also starts to rapidly loop his stare animation with sweat drops flying all over the place.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Remember how Capcom did a poll on MvC3 DLC, Mega Man was the most popular request, and Capcom said he wasn't very popular?
What if the same happens to K. Rool?
I would be so pissed at them. K. Rool deserves to be in Smash more than anyone else.
More than even Rayman, dare I say.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Remember how Capcom did a poll on MvC3 DLC, Mega Man was the most popular request, and Capcom said he wasn't very popular?
I would be so pissed at them. K. Rool deserves to be in Smash more than anyone else.
And look at the backlash Capcom got from the fans as a result.
I doubt Nintendo would risk backlash like that.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Rayman is third party so this goes without saying.
Besides, I really doubt Nintendo would make such a huge kluckup, not after someone else did it before.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Capcom... I honestly have no idea what they are thinking as of late. Their refusal to use Mega Man is... Odd to say the least. If I were to be frank, I don't see K. Rool in the same light as Mega Man. I think part of K. Rool's inactivity is the lack of DK spinoffs as of late, plus there being almost no Mario sports games recently (I can't be the only person noticing this.)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Capcom... I honestly have no idea what they are thinking as of late. Their refusal to use Mega Man is... Odd to say the least. If I were to be frank, I don't see K. Rool in the same light as Mega Man. I think part of K. Rool's inactivity is the lack of DK spinoffs as of late, plus there being almost no Mario sports games recently (I can't be the only person noticing this.)
I'd kill for another Mario Strikers game with loads more characters in it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Mmmm, the last one had Kremlings as goal keepers if I'm correct.
Both of them did.
The last one had more dynamic Kremlings that would throw the ball at one of the sidekick players if they conceded.
K Rool and Rosalina are obvious additions for me.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I feel inclined to share a few things. While King K. Rool has been at the top of many polls thus far, I would not anticipate him staying there between now and October. I strongly suspect that as new games get released, new characters will be advocated for. Splatoon should strongly increase the votes for Inkling, and I wouldn't be surprised if votes for Kamui from Fire Emblem: if would appear when it's released in Japan this July.
Is this a bad thing? Well, probably not. As I have mentioned before there are many characters I would be happy to see appear as DLC. However, I will say that I don't think we'll have as many characters as DLC as some may think. The five square thing on the official website doesn't mean anything because the layout of the website dictates that there has to be nine spaces at the bottom of the screen and that's been the case since the website launched in 2013. Nothing implies that those spaces must all be filled.
I personally believe that in addition to Mewtwo and Lucas we will see Wolf, regardless of the the Ballot. He's comparatively easier to produce than other lost veterans and wouldn't take a lot of resources. Also, he'd be excellent support for Star Fox Wii U. As for the actual character that wins the Ballot, I'm sure we will see that character released sometime in the spring or early summer, and that's it. I don't think we'll see anyone beyond those four, which may or may not be good for you guys to hear. I'd like to be wrong, but I'm not sure how long Sakurai would like to dedicate himself to this game, nor would he want to leave it in the hands of someone else.
I can maybe see a fifth one getting released again for the autumn season, but I'm also not going to bet on that. I wouldn't want to be disappointed by it.
Still, it's amazing that Sakurai would be kind enough to allow such an amazing thing for Smash to happen. I don't think I've been this hyped since Robin's reveal trailer, and I say this even after the announcement of Project M 3.6. I hope it's K. Rool who wins the Ballot, but regardless of who does I still appreciate what's been done for us as a community of Kuttthroats and Smash Bros. fans.

What is really going to piss people off is if a character like King K. RoOl is at the top of polls constantly, not just because of people spamming his vote, but because we actually think he would be a viable combatant and want him badly, BUT Nintendo STILL doesn't choose it due to them thinking that it would be an obvious choice and they want to surprise us as usual....i wouldn't doubt that happening at all...

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Both of them did.
The last one had more dynamic Kremlings that would throw the ball at one of the sidekick players if they conceded.
K Rool and Rosalina are obvious additions for me.
Only further shows that the idea that Nintendo resents the Kremlings is bull****. As if Smash Run didn't do that already.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Only further shows that the idea that Nintendo resents the Kremlings is bull****. As if Smash Run didn't do that already.
And both Strikers Charged and Super Sluggers (Didn't play due to it not being released in EU) got rereleased in 2011 as Nintendo Selects on Wii.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Here's a new shirt I found on redbubble that I'm sure would be perfect for us to wear around K. Rool haters and detractors. xD
shut yo kalaptrap.jpg

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I'm pushing for Geno more than anything, since he's my favoritest - but K. Rool is my second choice, and deserves a spot more I think. I really hope he gets picked, and if he does.. He better have his Kaptain K. Rool outfit as an alt.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Very few characters in the game have "real" costumes like Wario having both his outfits or Zero Suit Samus having her sports/spandex stuff.

I very much doubt they'll give K. Rool his Kaptain alt. He'll most likely just get different colors like blue, red, green, black, etc.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I would personally like that fake death and kredits idea someone had as a final smash.

Top Bottom