• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Honestly, I hate how conspiratorial everyone is getting. Nintendo wouldn't have done the ballot unless they wanted to hear both support and the reasoning behind the support, both to help them choose and help them become aware of who is wanted. At least one will be chosen from the ballot, if not multiple(I still think 3 are going to happen, its too long for just one). They won't just pick whoever they want and then use the ballot to justify it despite the support(or therein lack of). Now, do I think one of the picks may have been already on the drawing board and simply put up in importance due to the ballot? Sure, why not, if a character had made it through most of the design stage during development, just short of the actual game assets(or part way in), using the ballot to justify finishing it just fine.

Also, if you try use that they didn't confirm that the highest voted character would be made as reasoning for them to avoid actually picking a strong ballot candidate, well would you want to deal with the legal mess of a character who doesn't belong in videogames, or even to an actual video game company like Shrek or Goku? Heck, the ability to not have to do third parties is a help too due to disqualifying (never had a game on Nintendo) circumstances, or just not really having any sort of real relationship or history at all(Sorry Shovel Knight, that's where I see you). Honestly, they wouldn't have gone to all the trouble of setting up a global ballot, with all this press and exposure unless they planned to use it, and LISTEN TO THEIR FANS. Heck, Earthbound is on the wii-u VC due solely to fan support, and this time they decided they would give fans the opportunity to do so

Admittedly this is only partially relevant to this thread, but felt like you guys should remember this too: #KrocTheVote

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Honestly, I hate how conspiratorial everyone is getting. Nintendo wouldn't have done the ballot unless they wanted to hear both support and the reasoning behind the support, both to help them choose and help them become aware of who is wanted. At least one will be chosen from the ballot, if not multiple(I still think 3 are going to happen, its too long for just one). They won't just pick whoever they want and then use the ballot to justify it despite the support(or therein lack of). Now, do I think one of the picks may have been already on the drawing board and simply put up in importance due to the ballot? Sure, why not, if a character had made it through most of the design stage during development, just short of the actual game assets(or part way in), using the ballot to justify finishing it just fine.

Also, if you try use that they didn't confirm that the highest voted character would be made as reasoning for them to avoid actually picking a strong ballot candidate, well would you want to deal with the legal mess of a character who doesn't belong in videogames, or even to an actual video game company like Shrek or Goku? Heck, the ability to not have to do third parties is a help too due to disqualifying (never had a game on Nintendo) circumstances, or just not really having any sort of real relationship or history at all(Sorry Shovel Knight, that's where I see you). Honestly, they wouldn't have gone to all the trouble of setting up a global ballot, with all this press and exposure unless they planned to use it, and LISTEN TO THEIR FANS. Heck, Earthbound is on the wii-u VC due solely to fan support, and this time they decided they would give fans the opportunity to do so

Admittedly this is only partially relevant to this thread, but felt like you guys should remember this too: #KrocTheVote
WHERE IS THE LOVE BUTTON?!

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

I just don't want to get excited for nothing...and I won't. Anything is possible at this point.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Any thoughts on K. Rool's Final Smash?
NOT THE CANNONBALL DROP.

Lots of people suggest this and it makes enough sense but I think that move would be far, far more interesting as a special (obviously only dropping one rather than what it actually does). Kredits, Kaos and Blast O Matic are all great alternatives which don't rule out such an interesting option from the moveset in my opinion.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
NOT THE CANNONBALL DROP.

Lots of people suggest this and it makes enough sense but I think that move would be far, far more interesting as a special (obviously only dropping one rather than what it actually does). Kredits, Kaos and Blast O Matic are all great alternatives which don't rule out such an interesting option from the moveset in my opinion.
Honestly I'd love to see the cannonball drop as a basic move. Everyone has their idea of a KKR moveset honestly I think it would e awesome as a smash attack similar to villagers bowling ball. Like he makes a hand motion and the cannonball drops down in front of him

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Honestly I'd love to see the cannonball drop as a basic move. Everyone has their idea of a KKR moveset honestly I think it would e awesome as a smash attack similar to villagers bowling ball. Like he makes a hand motion and the cannonball drops down in front of him
I envision it as a Down Special but the result is largely the same. Given that it is a full screen length thing I'd make it a bit weaker than the bowling ball though.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
I imagine it as an up special. You do a hoppy jump and upon landing the cannons rain down.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The worry with Cannonball Barrage as Final Smash is that it'd end up too clone-y to PK Starstorm (even though it got a few changes in the final game), as well as that any of KAOS/Kredits/Blast-o-Matic would be more interesting to see.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I envision it as a Down Special but the result is largely the same. Given that it is a full screen length thing I'd make it a bit weaker than the bowling ball though.
Yea it would make a good down special, then K.Rools down smash could be the ground pound from DK64 it could be cool that the longer the smash is charged the further little green shock waves could travel outward.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
When I posted it in that social thread you said you liked the taunts...
I'm sure I did.

But honestly, I've seen a lot of K. Rool movesets, and a lot of the basic elements are reused, intentionally or otherwise.

Let's be honest: how could Krusha's showboating not be a taunt? It's too perfect!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Guys, it's a made up moveset. Hardly something worrying about priority or credit for. Be happy other people are sharing your views (and with any luck sending them Sakurai's way) so they might end up in the finished product.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Another article, this one by MyNintendoNews.

The tone is a bit frosty toward our King and Playtonic, and already, some not-so-nice responses are pouring in. It'd be great if we could band together and counteract that by commenting about his positives instead.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
hello guys I many not have known this character or cared for him that much but being an outsider to this I can see he will be 100% DLC and I'm happy for you guys just one thing that bugs me is his move set I'm not saying its bad I just feel that there can be so much more that can be done with him and I know it's just fan made but I just really want him to be special and not just feel generic if you know what I mean

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
I hope butt bombing isn't a part of the King's move set. I know he's fat and all, and he does it in the last fight of DK 64 (which admittedly I've never beaten), but so did Mario in Mario 64 and it was one of his main moves in that game. Besides, K Rool's got so much variety to him and I HAAAAAAATE butt spammers. Maybe he could use the blunderbuss vacuum or something (like a ground version of Zelda's fireball in PM)?

blujay1524

Smash Cadet

The tone is a bit frosty toward our King and Playtonic, and already, some not-so-nice responses are pouring in. It'd be great if we could band together and counteract that by commenting about his positives instead.
That place is seriously becoming a troll haven on this topic.

I considered creating an account just to respond to Shantae haters (aka soulless folks) >:D

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

I've posted a fairly lengthy rant there now.

I hope butt bombing isn't a part of the King's move set. I know he's fat and all, and he does it in the last fight of DK 64 (which admittedly I've never beaten), but so did Mario in Mario 64 and it was one of his main moves in that game. Besides, K Rool's got so much variety to him and I HAAAAAAATE butt spammers. Maybe he could use the blunderbuss vacuum or something (like a ground version of Zelda's fireball in PM)?
I think it should be used, but I don't want it in as a special or a down aerial, as those are inevitably terrible moves. However, it'd be fine to me as either a Down-Throw or incorporated into a Smash Attack.

Examples of stuff are here:

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1salQ0vOaEdooUBFs6KCm-noACLfINkhDCn1NlYkfOaY/edit?pli=1

I've also linked this google doc in the vote I gave to K Rool (I revoted but made it clear I had because I wanted to share this) in the hope they read it and use some of the ideas.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That Quadramus guy in there is such as a sad, pathetic person.
Honestly the reason I hate being associated with fanbases is because of people like that.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I always laugh when people say K. Rool has no personality or moveset.
You may want to watch out with that, or else you'll end up with a sore throat.

I think it should be used, but I don't want it in as a special or a down aerial, as those are inevitably terrible moves. However, it'd be fine to me as either a Down-Throw or incorporated into a Smash Attack.
If not used for the generic downward-butt-meteor attack, then down-throw would probably be the best option for it, yeah.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Your reaction: King K.Rool gets in, but he's literally the worst character in any fighting game ever. All his moves are awesomely well taken from DKC and DK64, but are all extremely laggy thus hardly useful. He'd have negative match ups all over the roster, his best ones being 6-4's, and having a couple of 9-1's as well.
I'd still main him

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
I'm sure I did.

But honestly, I've seen a lot of K. Rool movesets, and a lot of the basic elements are reused, intentionally or otherwise.

Let's be honest: how could Krusha's showboating not be a taunt? It's too perfect!
The best way to have the showboating taunt goes like this:

Normally, K. Rool has three taunts, but he also has his special showboating taunt that occurs whenever the crowd is cheering for him. While the crowd is cheering, this is the only taunt he can do.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The best way to have the showboating taunt goes like this:

Normally, K. Rool has three taunts, but he also has his special showboating taunt that occurs whenever the crowd is cheering for him. While the crowd is cheering, this is the only taunt he can do.
Yes.

This needs to be a thing.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
∩༼˵☯☯˵༽つ¤=[]:::::> Change opinion of foul Non-K.rool-erino ∩༼˵☯☯˵༽つ¤=[]:::::>

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Any concern about being outvoted by vote spammers? I know some people vote for characters like Banjo several times a day with the IP trick, and even if I want Banjo to be picked, I don't want it at the expense of the King.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
Any concern about being outvoted by vote spammers? I know some people vote for characters like Banjo several times a day with the IP trick, and even if I want Banjo to be picked, I don't want it at the expense of the King.
Yeah but most bots i've seen spamming are doing so for third parties like Banjo & Kazooie, Shovel Knight or Shantae even if they have more votes, have much less chances of making it than first parties and chars from major Nintendo franchises

MyNintendoNews is just... UGH.

Period.
What's up with them to be ''Ugh'' worthy?

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
We can beat them at their own game.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
As long as we keep our voting strong we should be ok. I dont think these 3rd party voters are as dedicated as we are. As long as we keep up our constant voting and working it should pay off for us in the end.

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but most bots i've seen spamming are doing so for third parties like Banjo & Kazooie, Shovel Knight or Shantae even if they have more votes, have much less chances of making it than first parties and chars from major Nintendo franchises

What's up with them to be ''Ugh'' worthy?
Oh, nevermind, I'm thinking of some other Nintendo fan-site.

Man, you guys are FAST. I just saw the Playtonic thing about K.Rool and I came here to tell everyone.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So playtonic wants the king +banjo and kazzoie

And they're the guys making the spirtual successor to banjo and kazooie.

Can the king get any more love a soon to be famus company is on are side

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Hello I normally do alright looking humanization's of the Ridley Bros but Today I've done one for K.Rool yaaaaay

Top Bottom