• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Any concern about being outvoted by vote spammers? I know some people vote for characters like Banjo several times a day with the IP trick, and even if I want Banjo to be picked, I don't want it at the expense of the King.
Unless I'm mistaken, bots can't give different intelligent write-ups with each vote. And they're also targeting a lot of "no-hopers."

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I need a picture of it.

I don't have a twitter account and it won't let me any further without a account.
I would if I knew how to post a web page of it

Suggestion, make a twitter account, it's free. Otherwise it's up to you if you want to believe me or not but they're there along with their CEO Michael Kelbaugh.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sign me up as a supporter for the King Kremling. The original DKC was the first game I've ever played, and him in Smash would bring back a ton of memories.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Unless I'm mistaken, bots can't give different intelligent write-ups with each vote. And they're also targeting a lot of "no-hopers."
*Urge to snark intensifies*
I'm not sure many actual humans can give that many intelligent write-ups

Edit:
Saw this on GAF.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Do you think maybe they would have Retro design K.Rool for Smash?

Maybe Retro is already designing him for a new DK title and that's the look they will use.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
There was a fake leak ages ago that said that was happening.
Is it me, or have you risen back from the dead? I could say the same for myself of course.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
King K. Rool will most likely look like he has since DK: King of Swing (same as his Brawl/4 trophies).

Speaking of which, I never understand why he got a different outfit in Mario Super Sluggers (his last physical appearance), especially when it doesn't relate to anything he did in the past.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I know it's from the animated series, but the klamp-blaster would be an awesome weapon in his move set.
A gun that can chew threw anything.

Heck i'd settle for it just added as a item, lol.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Fair enough; although I was more referring to people voting with the IP trick with smart phones, and providing different responses again and again.

Some part of me's just concerned some people may be doing this for other characters that actually have a chance.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
King K. Rool will most likely look like he has since DK: King of Swing (same as his Brawl/4 trophies).

Speaking of which, I never understand why he got a different outfit in Mario Super Sluggers (his last physical appearance), especially when it doesn't relate to anything he did in the past.
Possibly because Namco didn't want to bother animating a cape for a sports spinoff games. Regardless, it works pretty well, given his penchant for dressing up.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Debu? You mean that weird dog thing?
I thought the leak (which also at the time said Ridley (with a bizarre evolution mechanic), K. Rool with a Retro redesign (would like to see that, actually.) and Ghirahim, as well as Little Mac and Takamaru were playable) said Debu was some kind of red Yoshi-looking thing that wasn't a Yoshi.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I thought the leak (which also at the time said Ridley (with a bizarre evolution mechanic), K. Rool with a Retro redesign (would like to see that, actually.) and Ghirahim, as well as Little Mac and Takamaru were playable) said Debu was some kind of red Yoshi-looking thing that wasn't a Yoshi.
Oh. I was just curious what they thing could be, thanks for your time.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Given that Retro are on twitter, why not tweet them asking for K Rool endorsement? If it comes from the horses mouth then gaming press may actually pick up on it which might be useful - and indications are Retro would be down.

Mostly I see it as useful regarding relevancy arguments if the current DK series developers are on board with K Rool - them lending their support to him here would be an irrefutable counterargument to the idea they want to phase him out of the series. Getting K Rool picked up by some of the gaming outlets very obviously trying to ignore him surely can't be a bad thing either way.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Given that Retro are on twitter, why not tweet them asking for K Rool endorsement? If it comes from the horses mouth then gaming press may actually pick up on it which might be useful - and indications are Retro would be down.

Mostly I see it as useful regarding relevancy arguments if the current DK series developers are on board with K Rool - them lending their support to him here would be an irrefutable counterargument to the idea they want to phase him out of the series. Getting K Rool picked up by some of the gaming outlets very obviously trying to ignore him surely can't be a bad thing either way.
Retro's indicated they'd be down with K. Rool? That's awesome!

I wouldn't expect current subsidiaries of Nintendo to make any statement regarding newcomers they favor, however.

Paraka

Smash Rookie
The best way to have the showboating taunt goes like this:

Normally, K. Rool has three taunts, but he also has his special showboating taunt that occurs whenever the crowd is cheering for him. While the crowd is cheering, this is the only taunt he can do.
I do hope his future appearances in Smash will have a Kremling Galleon stage where they cheer for K. Rool more easily than a standard cheer, and boo the Kongs if ever present. Maybe his taunt saying change a bit during his cheer from, "I am the greatest!" to something like "Yes, bask in my magnificence!" when the cheering is happening.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

i just assumed he had loads of different outfits

Top Bottom